PDA

View Full Version : Future all-stars Randle and Russell to come off the bench

Uncle Drew
12-07-2015, 07:15 PM
John Ireland Verified account @LAIreland
Larry Nance and Lou Williams will start for the Lakers tonight in Toronto. D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle will come off of the bench.

:oldlol:

outbreak
12-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Did you mean to write "future D-league all stars"

Gus Hemmingway
12-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Good call Byron!!

While Kobe chucks up 25 shots a game at 20%, lets sit our developing rookies!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Levity
12-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Scott - "how can i kick my young guns while theyre down??? I know!!! ill have them come off the bench tonight!!"

:facepalm

outbreak
12-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Scott - "how can i kick my young guns while theyre down??? I know!!! ill have them come off the bench tonight!!"

I think it's pretty obvious he is doing it so they get more playing time in a line up without Kobe in it.

DrakeTheSnake
12-07-2015, 07:27 PM
This way once old man Chuckbe goes to the bench, Randle and Russell can come in fresh to actually learn how to play in the NBA.

Combat Wombat
12-07-2015, 07:28 PM
Did you mean to write "future D-league all stars"

We're not talking about Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton.

Sit down and shut your mouth when the adults are talking, child.

Levity
12-07-2015, 07:30 PM
I think it's pretty obvious he is doing it so they get more playing time in a line up without Kobe in it.

if you mean more offensive looks, then its understandable. however, it still has to be a big hit on any confidence and dignity russel and randle may have still had through this 21 game man slaughter.

outbreak
12-07-2015, 07:30 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Why do these idiots feel the need to bring up other teams superior young players when it just makes them look like idiots. Payton's been tearing it up lately and Gordon is already one of the better defenders in the league and only just turned 20. No one is talking about them in this thread though except you. Go back to listening to your homosexual rap groups.

outbreak
12-07-2015, 07:31 PM
if you mean more offensive looks, then its understandable. however, it still has to be a big hit on any confidence and dignity russel and randle may have still had through this 21 game man slaughter.
It depends how it's been handled though, if he explains to them the reasoning it's not a big deal if they keep playing big minutes. These days coming off the bench isn't the biggest deal if you get big minutes and if it allows them to come in with a line up more suited to them. One thing I don't like about philly's rebuild is that they're expecting players to learn and develop while playing in a shit show line up that isn't teaching them how to play with complimentary players, lakers starting line up isn't really doing that for russell and randle at the moment either but a change in rotations could fix this.

LoneyROY7
12-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Yo AirTupac.

Take this L.

24-Inch_Chrome
12-07-2015, 07:38 PM

http://38.media.tumblr.com/e4aa286471f39c7e6629dad11689716e/tumblr_inline_ngouk10T651shq1o2.gif

Jameerthefear
12-07-2015, 07:40 PM
D'Angeslow :roll:

oh the horror
12-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Yo AirTupac.

Take this L.

The only L here is the coach. There's no way he isn't fired down the line when Kobe is out and the team gets serious about moving in an actual direction.

Randle and Russell have been having nice stretches as of late.

oh the horror
12-07-2015, 07:46 PM
D'Angeslow :roll:

Clowning but Russell has comparible stats to your second year PG Elfrid and Russell is still a rookie only a chunk into his first season.

Go figure.

outbreak
12-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Clowning but Russell has comparible stats to your second year PG Elfrid and Russell is still a rookie only a chunk into his first season.

Go figure.

you realise since recovering from his hamstring strain Payton has been playing well? He's averaging 15pts 7ast on 48% and 33% from deep over the last 5 games and has had a few 20+ pt games in the last 10 as well. Even on the season Elfrid averages more then double the assists Russell has.

Regardless this thread wasn't about comparing the two but for some reason there's a few dumb ass lakers fans who like to do it even though Payton has CLEARLY been the superior player at NBA level so far to anyone who's actually watched him play.

I think Randle and Russell in particular actually improve their numbers coming off the bench.

Dragonyeuw
12-07-2015, 07:53 PM

Which could be accomplished by doing what we all know needs to happen( well all except the most delusional), bringing Kobe off the bench and cross your fingers that he can provide a offensive spark and stability to the second unit.

Jameerthefear
12-07-2015, 07:53 PM

Go figure.
yeah except he has double the assists, more points and is the far superior defender on a winning team
but yeah other than that they're comparable!

outbreak
12-07-2015, 08:03 PM
yeah except he has double the assists, more points and is the far superior defender on a winning team
but yeah other than that they're comparable!
not sure why people keep bringing up Payton. Gordon/Randle is a better comparison considering they came from the same class both had injuries in their rookie years and randle is putting up better numbers. I still think Gordon has the higher ceiling if he puts it together (his impact isn't shown well in numbers, plays really good defence and makes A LOT of hustle plays and points you normally wouldn't be getting) but it's a better argument that has cases both way yet Payton seems to get bought up more.

ClipperRevival
12-07-2015, 08:03 PM

I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore. Randle and Russell have been playing well and now that idiot does this? Almost no Laker fan wants Scott around. He needs to go.

outbreak
12-07-2015, 08:05 PM

I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore. Randle and Russell have been playing well and now that idiot does this? Almost no Laker fan wants Scott around. He needs to go.
they'll hang on to him and just see out the kobe year then they'll try and restructure i think

oh the horror
12-07-2015, 08:06 PM
You can tell lakers media guys on talk radio are completely as baffled as anyone else. They don't want to flat out bash Byron but they're teetering on it :oldlol: