Trust the process.:oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
12-08-2015, 01:12 AM
Why? He's doing exactly what he's said he would do, and is doing a great job
A good job?:oldlol:

oarabbus
12-08-2015, 02:53 AM
Why? He's doing exactly what he's said he would do, and is doing a great job

Here comes the rabid Philly fan who will defend a 51 point loss. Just shut up dude.

oh the horror
12-08-2015, 02:57 AM
I still can't get over that they've tanked and this is what they have to show for it. This isn't even an NBA level team.

oarabbus
12-08-2015, 03:08 AM
I still can't get over that they've tanked and this is what they have to show for it. This isn't even an NBA level team.

Tanking should last 1, maybe 2 years max... it really doesn't make sense to perform an 'extended tank'.

Sarcastic
12-08-2015, 03:09 AM
Next season? He might not make it to January.

Milbuck
12-08-2015, 03:19 AM
I think it's hilarious that with just ONE trade, Minnesota has managed to put together a far and away better collection of young talent than Philly after 3 years now of next level sucking. After just 1 year of sucking Minny looks like they could end up hovering around .500 and have shown on any given night they can hang with pretty much any team on the backs of their young talent.

Philly has been the laughingstock of the league for 3 seasons now and they've gotten out of it:

- Greg Oden 2.0 who trolls people on twitter for fun and half asses his very serious and potentially career defining injury rehab
- a defense-only center with the offensive skills of an 8 year old, forced to play out of position at PF, where he is pretty much worthless, because of their next prospect...
- an underathletic center who sucks defensively, plays a style offensively that was meant for 20 years ago and goes against everything today's era strives for

3 prospects with serious flaws who all play the same position. And there's no end in sight, they have built such a toxic culture of losing with almost zero vet leadership that no free agents are going to want to play there, they've dug themselves such a deep hole that only a generational talent can pull them out of it. Which is brutal because the next draft is probably gonna be the 2012 draft all over again where the difference between the 1st and 2nd pick is MASSIVE...if they don't get Simmons at #1 they're almost assuredly going to be a bottom feeder for 2-3+ more years.

JerrySeinfeld
12-08-2015, 03:41 AM
I think it's hilarious that with just ONE trade, Minnesota has managed to put together a far and away better collection of young talent than Philly after 3 years now of next level sucking. After just 1 year of sucking Minny looks like they could end up hovering around .500 and have shown on any given night they can hang with pretty much any team on the backs of their young talent.

Philly has been the laughingstock of the league for 3 seasons now and they've gotten out of it:

- Greg Oden 2.0 who trolls people on twitter for fun and half asses his very serious and potentially career defining injury rehab
- a defense-only center with the offensive skills of an 8 year old, forced to play out of position at PF, where he is pretty much worthless, because of their next prospect...
- an underathletic center who sucks defensively, plays a style offensively that was meant for 20 years ago and goes against everything today's era strives for

3 prospects with serious flaws who all play the same position. And there's no end in sight, they have built such a toxic culture of losing with almost zero vet leadership that no free agents are going to want to play there, they've dug themselves such a deep hole that only a generational talent can pull them out of it. Which is brutal because the next draft is probably gonna be the 2012 draft all over again where the difference between the 1st and 2nd pick is MASSIVE...if they don't get Simmons at #1 they're almost assuredly going to be a bottom feeder for 2-3+ more years.

Dude you forgot to mention Saric the PF prospect currently overseas.

Agenda exposed, Hinkie is doing wonders for this team. Just needs a few more years.

poido123
12-08-2015, 04:23 AM
A team struggling to win 20 games a season.

What an outlandish thought.

Relinquish
12-08-2015, 05:05 AM

Yeah, that one trade netted them the #1 pick and then they won the lottery the next season. 2 #1 picks back to back will do that for you. You act like Philly has a player like Kevin Love to trade.

references
12-08-2015, 05:07 AM

loving this hindsight

they picked the most touted player in every single draft :rolleyes:

dhsilv
12-08-2015, 05:46 AM
Here comes the rabid Philly fan who will defend a 51 point loss. Just shut up dude.

Does he have assets in some of his players? Yes. Does he have more draft picks of higher value than when he took over? Yes. Does he have talent overseas developing that he isn't even paying for? Yes.

If your goal is to win a TITLE he's made progress towards that goal at what most would consider a reasonable pace. I'm no philly fan, but given what he has said he'd do and what management clearly agreed to, he's doing a good job.

dhsilv
12-08-2015, 05:49 AM
Tanking should last 1, maybe 2 years max... it really doesn't make sense to perform an 'extended tank'.

This is only year 3. We're 20 games beyond your limit and he's had one lottery pick stay injured and he's got another developing in europe. The team is in GREAT position to get a LOT of talent in next years draft. They have worse case a legit nba starter who is likely to come over from europe next year. Two big men who are either trade assets to difficult to get cheap foundation pieces. And a wild card I'd say 90% is a bust but still there's potential for us to be surprised.

If he completely missed in the draft again, then ok we should start discussing what's next. But right now he's done exactly what he said he'd do and delivered on that objective. You're not the one paying him....

dhsilv
12-08-2015, 05:53 AM

You mean how they drafted a star player and after only 6 short years of collecting lottery picks and missing the playoffs after that, they trade him for two former number one picks, got the number one pick in the daft a year later and still might not be a playoff team? Now 8 years after drafting Kevin Love...well ok they trade for him on draft night but the point remains.

JerrySeinfeld
12-08-2015, 05:55 AM
loving this hindsight

they picked the most touted player in every single draft :rolleyes:

Damn, wonder why it hasn't transpired to wins?

Turns out if the most touted player in each draft equates to roster of 4 bigmen who don't fit together at all, you should probably go another direction

dhsilv
12-08-2015, 06:09 AM
Damn, wonder why it hasn't transpired to wins?

Turns out if the most touted player in each draft equates to roster of 4 bigmen who don't fit together at all, you should probably go another direction

So you're looking to buy a house in the next 5-10 years. Each year you put some money into stocks a bit into a savings account, and maybe you open a few CD's. You don't have a house! You have stuff you can sell/trade to hopefully get your dream house down the road.

You might have a lot of debt that you need to pay off kinda like an nba team with no first round draft picks. You can't really buy a house if you're stuck with a lot of credit card and student loan debt. So maybe you sell some stuff to get those paid off. Still no house, but you'll be able to buy one once those are resolved.

If this doesn't make sense....I'm not sure you can be helped at this point.

JerrySeinfeld
12-08-2015, 06:11 AM
So you're looking to buy a house in the next 5-10 years. Each year you put some money into stocks a bit into a savings account, and maybe you open a few CD's. You don't have a house! You have stuff you can sell/trade to hopefully get your dream house down the road.

You might have a lot of debt that you need to pay off kinda like an nba team with no first round draft picks. You can't really buy a house if you're stuck with a lot of credit card and student loan debt. So maybe you sell some stuff to get those paid off. Still no house, but you'll be able to buy one once those are resolved.

If this doesn't make sense....I'm not sure you can be helped at this point.

Didn't read, not looking to buy a house

dhsilv
12-08-2015, 06:23 AM
Didn't read, not looking to buy a house

I'm not looking to be a GM and build a title contender. I take you only talk about things you refuse to read enough on to understand?

JerrySeinfeld
12-08-2015, 06:27 AM
I'm not looking to be a GM and build a title contender. I take you only talk about things you refuse to read enough on to understand?

We have different philosophies. When I saw "maybe you buy a few CD's" I quit reading. CD's are a waste.

If you think what Hinkie has done is smart and how you construct a championship team then so be it, I don't waste time arguing with crazy people.

dhsilv
12-08-2015, 06:40 AM
We have different philosophies. When I saw "maybe you buy a few CD's" I quit reading. CD's are a waste.

If you think what Hinkie has done is smart and how you construct a championship team then so be it, I don't waste time arguing with crazy people.

CD's with 7% returns were pretty good options in the past, especially if early withdrawal penalties are minimal. Hell earlier in my career I used to buy CD's an manged a portfolio of about 10 million in them for a credit union. Not exactly the majority of my day, but point being they do have a use. I don't buy them though Navy Federal does let one get around 3% on smaller deposits as a service to member's. Not a bad buy really.

Anyway to the sixers, they aren't trying to win right now. They're just trying to put away money to build a team to win down the road.

It's better than being the twolves and missing the playoffs for I don't even what ot know how long. A decade?

Do you really care if you're watching a 35 win team or a 20 win team? They're both awful

coin24
12-08-2015, 07:08 AM
3 years into a 20 year rebuild. Trust the process:lol

So far all the great assets they acquired are shit. They draft horribly and nobody wants to play there.. They should tell okafor play well and display something so they can trade him. Get him the fu*k out of that hellhole:facepalm

dhsilv
12-08-2015, 08:25 AM
3 years into a 20 year rebuild. Trust the process:lol

So far all the great assets they acquired are shit. They draft horribly and nobody wants to play there.. They should tell okafor play well and display something so they can trade him. Get him the fu*k out of that hellhole:facepalm

They haven't drafted wonderfully, that's well known. Even the spurs wiff now and then.

And most of his assets are freaking draft picks in the coming drafts.

poido123
12-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Covington, Noel, embidd and okafor are some nice pieces to build around.

If and when embiid starts playing, people will quickly change their thoughts on this plan the 76ers have...

Penny37
12-08-2015, 09:58 AM
If your goal is to win a TITLE he's made progress towards that goal at what most would consider a reasonable pace. I'm no philly fan, but given what he has said he'd do and what management clearly agreed to, he's doing a good job.
If your SOLE purpose is to win an NBA title then maybe Hinkie's onto something. But your SOLE purpose should NOT be to win an NBA title. There are other things you have to consider.

Yeah, the end goal is to win a ring but if it's gotten to the point where other NBA owners are complaining, then you're doing something wrong.

"Owners routinely complained about the economic drag the 76ers were inflicting on the league as the revenues of one of the largest-market teams -- a franchise expected to contribute more robustly to league revenue-sharing -- sagged. For many teams, games featuring the starless and woeful 76ers as the visiting team have been the lowest-attended of the season, sources said."

Take Your Lumps
12-08-2015, 10:36 AM

The 76ers have finally layed to rest the stupid notion that any college team could compete at a high level against an NBA team.

Unless they play the LA Lakers, they wouldn't stand a chance.

AI09
12-08-2015, 11:30 AM
If your SOLE purpose is to win an NBA title then maybe Hinkie's onto something. But your SOLE purpose should NOT be to win an NBA title. There are other things you have to consider.

Yeah, the end goal is to win a ring but if it's gotten to the point where other NBA owners are complaining, then you're doing something wrong.

There is no secret formula to building a championship team, Hinkie has done everything he has said he will do.to the guy who is saying Minnesotas rebuild took a year or two if ***** retarded. They haven't sniffed the playoffs or had a .500 record in how long? Philly didnt have a player with Loves value to net them 2 first overall picks and on top of that wolves won the lottery so that's 3 first overall picks from the last three years. Plus they got players like Garnett Prince and Miller to mentor every position.

As for the lower market teams complaining they arnt getting enough money because philly has a shit attendence is stupid, there's always going to be teams that are rebuilding even the big market teams rebuild they should worry about getting talent on their own team not who the sixers sign and draft. This is year 3 of the rebuild and we have yet to finish last in the leauge (this will be the first time we finish last). What are teams like the knicks wolves lakers bucks doing to get better. They were all bottom feeders and still are. All got top picks and spent money in the off season and all are on pace to miss the playoffs and get another lottery pick this year.. Philly goal is to go from the bottom 5 to the top 5 in the leauge. If I'm going to miss the playoffs I'd rather have a top 3 pick than a end lottery pick to be honest. Look at the bucks they made offseason moves and dished out long term contracts for a lot of money and they are worse now than they were last year. Like I said there is no secret formula to win a chip it takes great players and luck in the draft. If great players don't want to come to philly via FA the only thing you can do is draft them or collect enough assets to trade for one. philly isnt going to build around 3 centers, Noel Okafor and even Embiid have more value than MCW. Mcw landed us the LA pick top 3 protected I can assure you who ever we draft with that pick whether this draft or the next will be better than mcw. We can pump and dump one or 2 of the centers. Young talent and draft picks is what nets you a superstar in a trade and we got more than enough of that. Stars didn't want to come to philly before hinkie was in charge so don't act like they arnt coming because of the talent on the roster. I'm a sixers fan and the process is a brutal wait but I believe in a year or 2 people will be praising the talent in philly and Colengelo will get all the credit while Hinkie gets bashed. I think Colengelo will use these assets to build a decent team sooner rather thsn lster because of impatience but Hinkie could build a great team with the assets at hand just in due time.

90sgoat
12-08-2015, 11:36 AM

:rockon:

AI09
12-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Most of those assets collected are for this offseason and the ones to follow. First phase of the process is almost done. GET THE ASSETS AND THIS OFFSEASON IS THE TIME TO USE THEM.

Phantom_Blue
12-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Hopefully they land some Jonny Flynn's or Anthony Bennett 2.0's in the next drafts, then maybe they'll stop ****ing with their Playskool crystal ball. Let's see what those assets can get you.

Lost in all of this is the people that "don't" agree with the plan, yet pay their money and suffer through the embarassment of this team, and without them this plan doesn't go past year one.

Even when you suck, you gotta make strides to get better in every way possible, especially when you're dealing with young talent. Spurs at least had veterans and guys who will be out of the league soon when they were doing it.

Vancouver-Grizz
12-08-2015, 03:16 PM
I understand Hinkie's blueprint in rebuilding and I see his vision but one thing that most people will agree with is that how do you rid yourself from the losing mentality? I good winning mentality is just as important as a having good players. This is going to be a long road for the Sixers but having Jerry is the right direction.

Jameerthefear
04-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Bump. I was basically right.

Meticode
04-07-2016, 02:19 AM
Except you weren't. Resigning before the front office even knows about it and being fired are two separate situations.

dhsilv
04-07-2016, 02:52 AM
This is a hell of a shame though. This was really the only nba team thinking truly long term. Not just that, but the progress was amazing. I still don't think most fans understand how BAD off that team was. Now it looks like some silver spooned ass hat kid is going to look like a hero on the back of the massive assets and smart moves made the last 3 years.

The NBA is worse off for this move and so are the 76ers.

Jameerthefear
04-07-2016, 07:01 AM
Except you weren't. Resigning before the front office even knows about it and being fired are two separate situations.
Nope. I was right.

IllegalD
04-07-2016, 07:26 AM
Shut up, you little weeabo f*ggot.

What a f*cking loser you are that you went back to bump this thread even though what you said would happen DIDN'T happen. :lol

Typical Jameerthequeer thinking he's gonna be in with the cool kids and ends up looking like an even bigger queermo than we already knew him to be.

Go f*ck your waifu anime pillow you degenerate piece of sh*t.

raprap
04-07-2016, 07:31 AM
It was leave or get fired imo. So I think OP is technically right.

Jameerthefear
04-07-2016, 07:36 AM

What a f*cking loser you are that you went back to bump this thread even though what you said would happen DIDN'T happen. :lol

Typical Jameerthequeer thinking he's gonna be in with the cool kids and ends up looking like an even bigger queermo than we already knew him to be.

Meltdown. I shit on your life.

Im Still Ballin
04-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Scire licet malum non miserebitur

AI09
04-07-2016, 11:32 AM
This is a hell of a shame though. This was really the only nba team thinking truly long term. Not just that, but the progress was amazing. I still don't think most fans understand how BAD off that team was. Now it looks like some silver spooned ass hat kid is going to look like a hero on the back of the massive assets and smart moves made the last 3 years.

The NBA is worse off for this move and so are the 76ers.

This is what I've been saying since Colengelo was hired I knew Hinkle was going to be the scapegoat in this whole situation.

It's not going to be hard to improve this team and it's a shame Hinkie will be made to look like a failure when this franchise will enjoy the fruits of Hinkies labor well into the 2020s.

This upcoming draft alone Philly could possibly have 4 first rounders (2 in the top 5) also if the kings jump ahead of us in this lottery and the next we have the right to trade picks. In 2018 we own the kings picks on top of all the 2nd rounders Sam was able get. 76ers also have the most cap space available for this upcoming summer. Also they will have two lottery picks from the 2014 draft Joel Embiid and Dario Saric joining Okafor, Noel and a couple returning sixers.

Bryan Colengelo will look like a savior when this all plays out. I honestly think he will make some significant trades this summer and I can't see Embiid Okafor Noel all on the same team next year.

RRR3
04-07-2016, 11:37 AM

Meltdown.

35.3%

SwishSquared
04-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Nope. I was right.You were right that he'd be gone by next year. I honestly thought he'd get through next trade deadline. I don't blame him for leaving though- they asked him to essentially accept a demotion as Head of Analytics while they planned to bring in BC anyway. And the fact that BC was named GM within hours shows that the Jerry Colangelo's entire end game was getting his son a third GM job.

CP3PO
04-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Bump. I was basically right.
You weren't right.