PDA

View Full Version : The Bucks Refused Curry for Bogut Trade, Demanded "Have it All" instead

HurricaneKid
12-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Its only been a few years since the Bucks traded Bogut to the GSW for Monta Ellis. What doesn't seem to be remembered is that the Warriors wanted, or at the very least were willing, to include Curry instead of Ellis.

How different would the league look today?

How were two front offices so obscenely wrong about this, including the Warriors who had Steph for 3-4 years prior to this?

sd3035
12-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Its only been a few years since the Bucks traded Bogut to the GSW for Monta Ellis. What doesn't seem to be remembered is that the Warriors wanted, or at the very least were willing, to include Curry instead of Ellis.

How different would the league look today?

How were two front offices so obscenely wrong about this, including the Warriors who had Steph for 3-4 years prior to this?

That's absolutely insane

BlazerRed
12-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Dun goofed

oarabbus
12-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Thank you Bucks management for saving us from ourselves :bowdown:

sd3035
12-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Thank you Schmucks for this historic season :applause: :applause:

FireDavidKahn
12-09-2015, 03:42 PM
David Kahn automatically qualifies as the worst GM ever because he passed on Curry, TWICE:facepalm

r15mohd
12-09-2015, 03:44 PM
wasnt Curry dealing with the ankle issues around this time? seems fitting the Bucks would refuse him if this was the case :confusedshrug:

DrakeTheSnake
12-09-2015, 03:53 PM
:oldlol:

sd3035
12-09-2015, 04:00 PM
wasnt Curry dealing with the ankle issues around this time? seems fitting the Bucks would refuse him if this was the case :confusedshrug:

yet they took a guy who hadn't played a full season in his life

JimmyMcAdocious
12-09-2015, 04:03 PM
I think with the Warriors they had some massive hard on for Have It All + loyalty and Curry's potential injury problem that they saw both players about equal in value.

Bucks doe. That's why you're a shit franchise.

r15mohd
12-09-2015, 04:06 PM
yet they took a guy who hadn't played a full season in his life

umm...monta has played at least 80 -games twice under GSW, and one each for the Bucks and Mavs, and he played almost 60 games that year between the trade too. he had injuries, yes, but he was becoming a consistent threat, and Curry couldn't stay healthy to even resemble anything he is today.

Bucks weren't wrong in denying Curry at the time - though both were injured, Curry was believed to be dealing with a never ending ankle injury at the time, which would put the brakes on any transfer.

rigor_mortiz
12-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Same team who traded Dirk.

WorldWarriors
12-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Same team who traded Dirk.

For TRactor TRaylor.

Ray Allen for aging Gary Payton.

Lebronxrings
12-09-2015, 06:06 PM
curry wouldn't have been even close to the player he is today.

alanLA92
12-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Good thing for the Warrior this trade didn't happen. :oldlol:

HurricaneKid
12-09-2015, 07:09 PM
curry wouldn't have been even close to the player he is today.

Thats a real consideration. I don't think people get just how bad his ankles were a few years ago. If that is because of a trainer at GSW think about just how much his ability to get Curry's ankles squared away has changed the landscape of the league.

Naero
12-09-2015, 07:34 PM
As a Bucks fan, I can't help but brood over it. :banghead: My favorite player in the league would also be donning the jerseys of my localistically favorite team, and there would be no conflict-of-interest agenda at all since both fandoms would overlap.

fiddy
12-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Didnt Monta fuсked someone's wife of the management of the Warriors? I thought that was the reason he got traded :confusedshrug:

TommyGriffin
12-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Any sources that Warriors offered Curry and that Bucks declined? This smells fishy.

Akrazotile
12-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Is "Have It All" supposed to be a nickname for someone...?

I somehow missed that one...

warriorfan
12-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Is "Have It All" supposed to be a nickname for someone...?

I somehow missed that one...

Monta Have It All (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9yS2-x5sA)

Draz
12-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Didnt Monta fuсked someone's wife of the management of the Warriors? I thought that was the reason he got traded :confusedshrug:
I think the assistant coach

bigt
12-09-2015, 08:02 PM
If true, that's one of those 'in hindsight' what were you thinking moves, but I get it. When the Monta/Bogut trade happened Curry's ankles were highly suspect...hell it's the reason he's has one of the most ridiculously cheap contracts in the league right now. I thought Curry was better than Monta but he just couldn't seem to keep himself on the court enough.

But yeah thank you Bucks for letting us have this incredible Warriors team

brooks_thompson
12-09-2015, 08:41 PM
As a Bucks fan, I can't help but brood over it. :banghead: My favorite player in the league would also be donning the jerseys of my localistically favorite team, and there would be no conflict-of-interest agenda at all since both fandoms would overlap.

'Donning the jersey of my favorite local team', or at the very least, if you're a gimmick, 'localistic'. You gotta keep it semi-believable if you're going to do Over-Intellectual Troll.

Anyway, Monta Ellis wrecking his ankle on the moped was the only time I've ever thought an NBA team should try to void a contract.

jbryan1984
12-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Lets be honest though. Everyone liked Evans and Jennings that year over Curry. Crazy how things happen.