PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Teams

MMM
12-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Quarter way through the season and a clear top 5 has yet to emerge. The top 2 teams are clear but the teams rounding out the top 5 is less certain. Would OKC/LAC even be in the discussion a week or two ago,while a week ago Indy looked certain now less so, etc.

My top 5
Golden State
San Antonio

3. Oklahoma City - a week ago they looked pedestrian with losses in Atl, Mia, and struggled with Det until the 4th. However, they've looked better outside of that stretch and in the context of Durant getting up to speed I can excuse some of their early issues.

4. Toronto - is a stretch to remain in the top 5 but have some impressive performances (vs. GSW, beating Cle, OKC, SAS, and LAC in a parity filled league.

5. Indiana - Have they come back down to earth or has their heavy road schedule taken a lot out of them lately. A week ago they would have a solidified top spot.

The next 5
Cleveland
Los Angeles
Charlotte
Atlanta
Dallas

FreezingTsmoove
12-10-2015, 05:48 PM
GS
CLIPS (They will get it together)
SPURS
HAWKS/RAPS
INDIANA

Captvic
12-10-2015, 05:52 PM
1. Golden State
2. San Antonio
3. Cleveland
4. Miami
5. Indiana/Atlanta/Toronto

MMM
12-10-2015, 06:01 PM
GS
CLIPS (They will get it together)
SPURS
HAWKS/RAPS
INDIANA

Clips already showing sings of getting it together.

Didn't mention Houston or Memphis but they also look be be their early Nov starts but they also remain a bit inconsistent to crack the discussion

Genaro
12-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Is this a season power ratings or the best teams regardless how they started?
If it's the second, I see Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, OKC and Clippers in that order.
I think the Cavs will improve with Kyrie and OKC and Clippers will win a lot.

Season PR for me, right now is pointless.

clipps
12-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Clips already showing sings of getting it together.

Didn't mention Houston or Memphis but they also look be be their early Nov starts but they also remain a bit inconsistent to crack the discussion

Quack Rivers is starting to play his scrub son and washed up Pierce less and less. Hopefully he keeps it that way.

feyki
12-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Gsw
Spurs
Cavs
Clippers
Thunder

qrich
12-10-2015, 06:35 PM
The Clippers are starting to get it together, and are on the fringe of making the list, based on play up to this point. There is no question that the Warriors and Spurs hold down the top two slots, but I'd give the Hornets the third spot and the Cavs fourth. OKC deserves the fifth slot, just over the Clips and then the Raps.

MMM
12-10-2015, 07:22 PM
If it's the second, I see Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, OKC and Clippers in that order.

Point I wanted to emphasize is the parity this season, but yes I expect OKC, Cle, and LA to separate from the pack. Also wanted to give props to teams like Cha and Tor

MMM
12-10-2015, 07:27 PM
The Clippers are starting to get it together, and are on the fringe of making the list, based on play up to this point. There is no question that the Warriors and Spurs hold down the top two slots, but I'd give the Hornets the third spot and the Cavs fourth. OKC deserves the fifth slot, just over the Clips and then the Raps.

My only concern with having Cha that high is their heavy home schedule but they definitely seem relatively legit

TrueBlue89
12-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Cavs are the 2nd best team in the League. Somehow 1st seed in the stacked East without 2 starters.

Spurs are overrated. Feasting on a cupcake schedule.

qrich
12-10-2015, 07:30 PM
My only concern with having Cha that high is their heavy home schedule but they definitely seem relatively legit

Clips are 14/22 at home, Cha is 13/21. Cha has taken care of business more than the Clips have and have the fifth best point differential in the association, second in the East. Also, have missed Al Jeff for four games and this extended absence should drop them out, but for now, I got them at #3.

No way are they the third best in the association though

Akrazotile
12-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Cavs are the 2nd best team in the League. Somehow 1st seed in the stacked East without 2 starters.

Lebron is the best team in the league. The only issue is the rest of that "supporting cast" around him is a net negative, and drags the team overall down the list. Overall they're probably in the 5-6 range.

qrich
12-10-2015, 07:33 PM

Funny. Spurs and Cavs have the same SOS to this point
http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Lebronxrings
12-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Cavs 3rd in the east. If they make the finals again is lebron top 5 confirmed?

INDI
12-10-2015, 08:05 PM

This. And whether you are a supporter of a particular team or a hater, it doesn't matter. This is the order

thefatmiral
12-10-2015, 11:22 PM
I feel like da bulls are underrated