dubeta
12-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Rent F****** Free

Young X
12-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Aquemini > ATLiens

GOBB
12-10-2015, 06:27 PM
And this is why Jared has more "who is he? what team does he play for?" questions. Stay irrelevant, dont do him any favors James.

Spaulding
12-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Migos is trash. He obviously has poor taste in music and his opinion is irrelevant.

Akrazotile
12-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Frivolous athlete twitter beefing drama is literally the shit gobb lives for in life :lol

But forreal Outkast IS overrated

90sgoat
12-10-2015, 06:48 PM
These are the gentlemen Cunningham listens to:

http://cdn3.pitchfork.com/news/59336/6a7a9bb6.jpg

Poor Kevin Love, I can only imagine having to listen to crap hiphop every day and worse, having his teammates feud over which crap hiphop is less crappy:roll:

Then again, he made his bed, now sleep in it!

GOBB
12-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Frivolous athlete twitter beefing drama is literally the shit gobb lives for in life :lol

I don't have twitter nor Instagram. Never did. I'm behind in times on social media. I have facebook mainly for 3 sports groups but that is it. So I'm not getting where you continuously think I live on tmz, twitter etc. :confusedshrug:

Outkast is not overrated, you just have a habit of going against the grain/popular opinion.

ShawkFactory
12-10-2015, 07:24 PM
These are the gentlemen Cunningham listens to:

http://cdn3.pitchfork.com/news/59336/6a7a9bb6.jpg

Poor Kevin Love, I can only imagine having to listen to crap hiphop every day and worse, having his teammates feud over which crap hiphop is less crappy:roll:

Then again, he made his bed, now sleep in it!
You're calling Outkast crappy?

MP.Trey
12-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Aquemini > ATLiens
Any Outkast > Migos. :facepalm

SHAQisGOAT
12-10-2015, 07:27 PM
This nikka had the nerve to say ATLiens is weak and then EVEN comes back saying he's listen to Migos? :rolleyes: :facepalm

LeBron should've had really slapped him, straight up...

SHAQisGOAT
12-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Any Outkast > Migos. :facepalm

Saying Migos > Kast is like saying Jared Cunningham > LeBron...

Akrazotile
12-10-2015, 07:39 PM
I don't have twitter nor Instagram. Never did. I'm behind in times on social media. I have facebook mainly for 3 sports groups but that is it. So I'm not getting where you continuously think I live on tmz, twitter etc. :confusedshrug:

Outkast is not overrated, you just have a habit of going against the grain/popular opinion.

I like a lot of mainstream/popular hip hop from the 90s. Just was never feeling Outkast. So the amount of praise they get surprises me and makes them very overrated in my book.

Jared GOATingham obviously knows the deal, altho I can't speak for his opinion on this 'migos' cause i don't know what that is, and it probably sucks.

Akrazotile
12-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Dont get me wrong..... outkast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>migos for sure.......but I mean migos isn't bad, i fvcks with them every once in awhile......

which one do you like fvcking the most?

SugarHill
12-10-2015, 07:53 PM
reported

Marv_Albert
12-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Migos is trash. He obviously has poor taste in music and his opinion is irrelevant.

MIGOS is dope boiiiiii

how can you not love the dab....BITCH DAB!!!

Hey Yo
12-10-2015, 08:07 PM
This nikka had the nerve to say ATLiens is weak and then EVEN comes back saying he's listen to Migos? :rolleyes: :facepalm

LeBron should've had really slapped him, straight up.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/952/726/30f.jpg

Akrazotile
12-10-2015, 08:23 PM
reported

Report the fukk out me witcho fine ass, muhfukka :crazysam:

wordsRweapons
12-10-2015, 09:45 PM
lebron

theaussieguy
12-10-2015, 09:57 PM
kevin love listens to motzart whilst these hood hounds are poppin lil wayne, no wonder he doesnt fit in. Hes a classy man

nathanjizzle
12-10-2015, 11:44 PM
poor lebron.

jbryan1984
12-10-2015, 11:46 PM
I don't even know who Migos is

FreezingTsmoove
12-10-2015, 11:48 PM
kevin love listens to motzart whilst these hood hounds are poppin lil wayne, no wonder he doesnt fit in. Hes a classy man

Free Weezy was a classic album suck 3 dix bitch

As for Migos they are alright but I find their songs annoying after 3 or 4 plays

k0kakw0rld
12-11-2015, 12:39 AM
I like a lot of mainstream/popular hip hop from the 90s. Just was never feeling Outkast. So the amount of praise they get surprises me and makes them very overrated in my book.

Jared GOATingham obviously knows the deal, altho I can't speak for his opinion on this 'migos' cause i don't know what that is, and it probably sucks.
"The art of story telling" he is the master at it...Outkast sold millions something Migos will never ever accomplish.
OUtkast aside, Andre 3k is top 10 greatest rapper ever. He is the only one I believe that can destroy Eminem in the studio.

Chokefree
12-11-2015, 06:46 AM
Rent F****** Free
Why post something if your just going to put this? :facepalm :facepalm fvcking idiot I swear

sportjames23
12-11-2015, 07:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dCZqe9E.png

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/675023642372276224

http://i.imgur.com/0dHlnp1.png

https://twitter.com/J1Flight/status/675042877295214593

I'ma have to side with Bron on this one. I'd slap the shit outta Cunningham for this insult, too.

iznogood
12-11-2015, 07:27 AM
"The art of story telling" he is the master at it...Outkast sold millions something Migos will never ever accomplish.
OUtkast aside, Andre 3k is top 10 greatest rapper ever. He is the only one I believe that can destroy Eminem in the studio.
This is a stupid argument, because music industry changed so much in the recent years. Very few musicians make money from selling albums. People don't buy and listen to albums, they stream singles on the internet. It's a whole new era. Migos have had a lot of success - about as much as a hip hop artist, who's not a household name like Jay Z or Kanye West can have in today's industry. I think they can be compared to Outkast in that aspect.

I love both Outkast and Migos and I used to listen to a lot of Outkast and they are tremendous rappers. I still do from time to time, but I tend to listen and also prefer modern hip hop.

SHAQisGOAT
12-11-2015, 08:22 AM
This is a stupid argument, because music industry changed so much in the recent years. Very few musicians make money from selling albums. People don't buy and listen to albums, they stream singles on the internet. It's a whole new era. Migos have had a lot of success - about as much as a hip hop artist, who's not a household name like Jay Z or Kanye West can have in today's industry. I think they can be compared to Outkast in that aspect.

I love both Outkast and Migos and I used to listen to a lot of Outkast and they are tremendous rappers. I still do from time to time, but I tend to listen and also prefer modern hip hop.

No they can't be compared... Even when you put it/judge it like that.
Outkast were always successful but when they became more commercial they became BIG like a mf'er... Sold 11 million with their last studio album, had one of the biggest hit singles with Hey Ya, other hits that were very big like Ms Jackson... Migos can't begin to **** with that... Shit, go to streaming services, go to youtube or whatever, and you have songs like Hey Ya still getting more rotation than any of Migos' stuff :lol Go around and ask random people about both groups and you'd still easily get more people knowing about Outkast.

And speaking of talent, as well... Migos can't begin to **** with Kast.
And yea, in terms of talent... 3 Stacks is a top10 GOAT rapper, imho.

SHAQisGOAT
12-11-2015, 08:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XsDItVK.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG3ngA0QZzM

:pimp:

iznogood
12-11-2015, 10:00 AM
No they can't be compared... Even when you put it/judge it like that.
Outkast were always successful but when they became more commercial they became BIG like a mf'er... Sold 11 million with their last studio album, had one of the biggest hit singles with Hey Ya, other hits that were very big like Ms Jackson... Migos can't begin to **** with that... Shit, go to streaming services, go to youtube or whatever, and you have songs like Hey Ya still getting more rotation than any of Migos' stuff :lol Go around and ask random people about both groups and you'd still easily get more people knowing about Outkast.

And speaking of talent, as well... Migos can't begin to **** with Kast.
And yea, in terms of talent... 3 Stacks is a top10 GOAT rapper, imho.
Exactly, you just proved my point. You look at what songs from OutKast have a lot of views at streaming services and it's the stuff they released in their MTV era and is arguably not even their best. Their reunion tour only featured festival appearances and a double gig in Atlanta. They made and sold albums in an era when people were still buying albums, watched MTV and cared about the Grammys. Look at all the talentless artists MTV made successful, who sold more than rappers today do. Kendrick Lamar and Tyler the Creator don't sell as much copies as Ja Rule did, but we all know Ja Rule was shit and Kendrick and Tyler are very good rappers.

k0kakw0rld's initial argument was that Migos will never sell as many records as Outkast, which is stupid, because Outkast themselves will never sell as many copies, if they release a new album - even if it's going to be the best album they ever made. It's just not how industry works, unless you're somebody like Eminem, Jay Z or Kanye. And Outkast are not. It's a fair comparison.

I'm not even arguing the the level of talent, because talent-wise Migos are what they are. But Migos are the shit right now and young people do not care about the Outkast. The people who listen to Outkast are people, who were around to listen to their music, when it came out. What is also true is that in a year or two people will probably not give a shit about Migos.

The truth here is that it was ignorant from Cunningham to order anyone what should they listened. What is also true is that a lot of people are lazy listeners and only listen to music they've listened to when they were growing up and brag about how music was better when they were young and not even give a chance to the new stuff.

ArbitraryWater
12-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Exactly, you just proved my point. You look at what songs from OutKast have a lot of views at streaming services and it's the stuff they released in their MTV era and is arguably not even their best. Their reunion tour only featured festival appearances and a double gig in Atlanta. They made and sold albums in an era when people were still buying albums, watched MTV and cared about the Grammys. Look at all the talentless artists MTV made successful, who sold more than rappers today do. Kendrick Lamar and Tyler the Creator don't sell as much copies as Ja Rule did, but we all know Ja Rule was shit and Kendrick and Tyler are very good rappers.

k0kakw0rld's initial argument was that Migos will never sell as many records as Outkast, which is stupid, because Outkast themselves will never sell as many copies, if they release a new album - even if it's going to be the best album they ever made. It's just not how industry works, unless you're somebody like Eminem, Jay Z or Kanye. And Outkast are not. It's a fair comparison.

I'm not even arguing the the level of talent, because talent-wise Migos are what they are. But Migos are the shit right now and young people do not care about the Outkast. The people who listen to Outkast are people, who were around to listen to their music, when it came out. What is also true is that in a year or two people will probably not give a shit about Migos.

The truth here is that it was ignorant from Cunningham to order anyone what should they listened. What is also true is that a lot of people are lazy listeners and only listen to music they've listened to when they were growing up and brag about how music was better when they were young and not even give a chance to the new stuff.

"the Outkast" gtfoh with your nonsensical argument.. that last sentence isn't even useful in a debate concerning Outkast and ****ing MIGOS.. from someone 'growing up' with Migos

No one from back then will tell you Migos is better than Outkast :oldlol:

iznogood
12-11-2015, 10:22 AM
"the Outkast" gtfoh with your nonsensical argument.. that last sentence isn't even useful in a debate concerning Outkast and ****ing MIGOS.. from someone 'growing up' with Migos

No one from back then will tell you Migos is better than Outkast :oldlol:
I wasn't arguing Migos are better. The quality is beside the point. I was arguing that the Migos are currently hotter than Outkast. Young people don't give a shit about Outkast.

SHAQisGOAT
12-11-2015, 10:24 AM

Regardless, Outkast at the peak of their commercial strength were EASILY more famous/known/successful than Migos are right now.

Plus, Kast made some classic hip-hop shit... You go bump Aquemini and it still sounds as fresh and as terrific as it did back then... In the future hip-hop heads will still be bumping Outkast, their shit will live forever while, otoh, nobody will know about Migos in 5/10 years, that's that shit that comes and goes.

iznogood
12-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Regardless, Outkast at the peak of their commercial strength were EASILY more famous/known/successful than Migos are right now.

Plus, Kast made some classic hip-hop shit... You go bump Aquemini and it still sounds as fresh and as terrific as it did back then... In the future hip-hop heads will still be bumping Outkast, their shit will live forever while, otoh, nobody will know about Migos in 5/10 years, that's that shit that comes and goes.

I agree completely - my point being that we live in an era, where very few artists are to become "classic" or will have "classic" albums due to the fact that the listeners don't listen to full albums anymore (which I hate, but it's reality of music industry). It's much harder to stay relevant for a longer period of time, especially if an artist not backed up by a major record label.

chosen_one6
12-11-2015, 12:15 PM
I agree completely - my point being that we live in an era, where very few artists are to become "classic" or will have "classic" albums due to the fact that the listeners don't listen to full albums anymore (which I hate, but it's reality of music industry). It's much harder to stay relevant for a longer period of time, especially if an artist not backed up by a major record label.

The thing is, Migos wouldn't have been shit when Outkast was out in the mid 90's and early 00's. Migos only has experienced some success BECAUSE of how big the internet has become. Outkast was huge without a booming internet, where millions of people could access their music from multiple devices. Just stop bruh, your argument is invalid.

iznogood
12-11-2015, 12:49 PM
The thing is, Migos wouldn't have been shit when Outkast was out in the mid 90's and early 00's. Migos only has experienced some success BECAUSE of how big the internet has become. Outkast was huge without a booming internet, where millions of people could access their music from multiple devices. Just stop bruh, your argument is invalid.

It's actually the other way around - both internet and especially the availability of good recording equipment are the reasons good music is more accessible than ever. There's millions of guys like Migos or Chief Keef putting out tracks. That's why it's harder to get exposure than ever. Talent, local credibility...all that stuff doesn't mean shit unless your tune is a real banger and people want to listen to it over and over. And when the hype has ended, you better have something else you can put out, or else you're a has-been. Back in the days people made careers based of one good album and now nobody but the critics will give a shit, if you put out an album or not. People only want hits.

SHAQisGOAT
12-11-2015, 01:02 PM
It's actually the other way around - both internet and especially the availability of good recording equipment are the reasons good music is more accessible than ever. There's millions of guys like Migos or Chief Keef putting out tracks. That's why it's harder to get exposure than ever. Talent, local credibility...all that stuff doesn't mean shit unless your tune is a real banger and people want to listen to it over and over. And when the hype has ended, you better have something else you can put out, or else you're a has-been. Back in the days people made careers based of one good album and now nobody but the critics will give a shit, if you put out an album or not. People only want hits.

Let's not act like Migos could've EVER put out albums as good as OutKast's, or even remotely close, though...

Andrei89
12-11-2015, 01:25 PM

True that, the only artists that I can think of right now that will have a classic album is Adele - 21

That album will go down in history as one of the GOAT

navy
12-11-2015, 01:43 PM
We can discuss old school vs new school all we want, but please let's not use migos as an example.

Bosnian Sajo
12-11-2015, 01:45 PM

I like outkast, really like Andre 3k and Big Boi as solo artists as well, but you guys aren't making good arguments. Outkast sold millions when it was a normal thing to go and buy a cd of a new album. These days, most people download their music online and don't pay for shit, so artists don't sell as much as they used to. Migos is very popular though, can't hate on them when it comes to that.

And idk about 3000 being top 10, but he is better than Migos. They diff kinds of music though, Migos is hype music and 3000 is a storyteller. If you asked me who I'd like to listen at he club, Migos all day every day.

OnFire
12-11-2015, 01:47 PM

Migos do that Handsome and Wealthy track. They're trash but probably more in common with the NBA lifestyle than ATLiens.

Nobody in the NBA wants to sing about living check to check and fish and grits anymore lol.

OnFire
12-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Internet is great. It brought I'm in love with the Coco to millions lol.

iznogood
12-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Let's not act like Migos could've EVER put out albums as good as OutKast's, or even remotely close, though...
They can make a hit though and it's a quality of its own. But then again, it doesn't even matter how good of an album they can put out, because nobody cares about albums anymore.

The point of the starting argument between LJ and Jared Cunningham is not quality, it's recency. If Jared Cunningham instead of Migos chose somebody like Dom Kennedy, Danny Brown, Denzel Curry or even Young Thug, who all put out excellent albums/mixtapes recently, the level of talent is comparable.

But you'd still have tons of people, who never even listened to any of the stuff mentioned, yet claim how shit it is compared to the boom bap era or any other classic rapper they love.

And it's not a problem of music being in question, it's the fact that the radios and TVs, who used to curate the taste of public, don't have any real power anymore. A lot of great music is not being noticed, because the masses only want something they can listen over and over again and then go to the next new thing. Let's not act like all the songs on any album, that's consider classic, were great. There were always some great ones, some good ones and some fillers. But the good ones made you listen the album again and again - even though there were songs you didn't like at first - therefore making it classic.

Nowadays listeners just don't want to spend the time necessary to get used to a new album or music, no matter how good the album might be. They will either opt for the hits/hype (JC) or stay listening the music they are used and usually emotionally attached to (Lebron).

And I'm not trying to shit on people that dig classic hip hop, because there's just as many morons, who don't really know or pay respect to the history and just end up saying ignorant shit and hyping bad music. But this is just two sides of the same coin really.

And this is what you get at the end - a stupid twitter debate where people compare "GOATness" in music, which should not even be about competing. Just appreciate good music in any form.

R.I.P.
12-11-2015, 02:27 PM
I thought they were arguing about who got ****ed up worse by the Mavs. :D

SHAQisGOAT
12-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Seems like some people here don't know much about OutKast and never even heard enough of their stuff, tbh...

Migos do that Handsome and Wealthy track. They're trash but probably more in common with the NBA lifestyle than ATLiens.

Nobody in the NBA wants to sing about living check to check and fish and grits anymore lol.

Shit, long before Migos dropped 'Handsome and Wealthy', Outkast had tracks like 'So Fresh, So Clean' and such... While being MUCH better songs..

I like outkast, really like Andre 3k and Big Boi as solo artists as well, but you guys aren't making good arguments. Outkast sold millions when it was a normal thing to go and buy a cd of a new album. These days, most people download their music online and don't pay for shit, so artists don't sell as much as they used to. Migos is very popular though, can't hate on them when it comes to that.

And idk about 3000 being top 10, but he is better than Migos. They diff kinds of music though, Migos is hype music and 3000 is a storyteller. If you asked me who I'd like to listen at he club, Migos all day every day.

What arguments you want, bruh? Regardless of everything else... Outkast, at the peak of their commercial strength, were EASILY bigger than Migos are right now... It ain't hard to tell, at least if you were around for both "occasions".

3 Stacks is definitely top10 of all-time to me, in terms of talent at least...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pjHlizcXI8&t=3m40s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCE5MwAMgNI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXSWwsrSZ9o&t=0m27s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1AaWyyPrCQ&t=3m52s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiUa-zBQFAs&t=2m35s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywdVBwzurU&t=2m29s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMIbA34MT8&t=0m44s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcG_YlUMfo&t=4m10s

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/whew.png

Dude is crazy with it... Goes over nikkas heads many times though... He doesn't have the solo catalog but has lots of classic shit with Big Boi and them killer guest appearances... I wouldn't wanna try to outrap him on a track, that's for sure.

Him being JUST better is an understatement, to be real... He's miles ahead.

I get more hype to tracks like 'ATLiens', 'Two Dope Boyz', 'Ms Jackson', 'Player's Ball', 'Skew It on the Bar-B', 'B.O.B.', 'So Fresh, So Clean'... than anything that Migos has ever put out, tbh...
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/manny.png
And shit like 'Hey Ya' were much bigger hits than any hit Migos has put out...

iznogood
12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
True that, the only artists that I can think of right now that will have a classic album is Adele - 21

That album will go down in history as one of the GOAT
It just might, we'll have to see though. I don't care much about Adele, but I think she made a brave business decision when she decided her album will not be available for streaming. I'm interested to see how that plays out in a couple of years when she releases her next album.

SHAQisGOAT
12-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Oh, and for the record, that nikka's 24 years old, he's a grown-ass man... For example, I wasn't around when Mike dropped 'Thriller' and I was able to really enjoy it later on and recognize it for the classic that it is... So, what's next? We're gonna give a pass to someone who says Bieber's better than MJ just because he was not around when Jacko was dropping classic shit? :rolleyes: :facepalm Fukk outta here...

k0kakw0rld
12-11-2015, 04:48 PM

Eminem >>>>>>>>>>>> Jay-z, Kanye album/single sales, overall success >>> Em killed em all, no exception.
Drake, Lil Wayne also sell more than "the Throne".

sportjames23
12-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Oh, and for the record, that nikka's 24 years old, he's a grown-ass man... For example, I wasn't around when Mike dropped 'Thriller' and I was able to really enjoy it later on and recognize it for the classic that it is... So, what's next? We're gonna give a pass to someone who says Bieber's better than MJ just because he was not around when Jacko was dropping classic shit? :rolleyes: :facepalm Fukk outta here...

Real talk. :cheers:

Young X
12-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Eminem isn't even close to Jay.

sportjames23
12-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Eminem >>>>>>>>>>>> Jay-z, Kanye album/single sales, overall success >>> Em killed em all, no exception.

Biggie, Pac and Rakim >>>>>>> Em

Hell, I'ma put Hova over Em, too.

ArbitraryWater
12-11-2015, 05:08 PM

:biggums:

Biggie, Pac and Rakim >>>>>>> Em

Hell, I'ma put Hova over Em, too.

no mention of Nas :facepalm

Kawhi
12-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Jay's only good album was Reasonable Doubt.

navy
12-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Migos is garbage. Has nothing to do with eras.

ShawkFactory
12-11-2015, 05:15 PM
As a rapper..?

ShawkFactory
12-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Seems like some people here don't know much about OutKast and never even heard enough of their stuff, tbh...

Shit, long before Migos dropped 'Handsome and Wealthy', Outkast had tracks like 'So Fresh, So Clean' and such... While being MUCH better songs..

What arguments you want, bruh? Regardless of everything else... Outkast, at the peak of their commercial strength, were EASILY bigger than Migos are right now... It ain't hard to tell, at least if you were around for both "occasions".

3 Stacks is definitely top10 of all-time to me, in terms of talent at least...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pjHlizcXI8&t=3m40s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCE5MwAMgNI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXSWwsrSZ9o&t=0m27s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1AaWyyPrCQ&t=3m52s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiUa-zBQFAs&t=2m35s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywdVBwzurU&t=2m29s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMIbA34MT8&t=0m44s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcG_YlUMfo&t=4m10s

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/whew.png

Dude is crazy with it... Goes over nikkas heads many times though... He doesn't have the solo catalog but has lots of classic shit with Big Boi and them killer guest appearances... I wouldn't wanna try to outrap him on a track, that's for sure.

Him being JUST better is an understatement, to be real... He's miles ahead.

I get more hype to tracks like 'ATLiens', 'Two Dope Boyz', 'Ms Jackson', 'Player's Ball', 'Skew It on the Bar-B', 'B.O.B.', 'So Fresh, So Clean'... than anything that Migos has ever put out, tbh...
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/manny.png
And shit like 'Hey Ya' were much bigger hits than any hit Migos has put out...
He's my number 1 of all time.

There's a reason why he's always the last verse on any guest song. NO ONE wants to follow him.

sportjames23
12-11-2015, 05:17 PM
:biggums:

no mention of Nas :facepalm

My bad, bruh. Yeah, I got Nas over Em, too.

I like Em, but dude gets mad overrated.

sd3035
12-11-2015, 05:18 PM
two beta males arguing over shitty pop music :lol

MP.Trey
12-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Word. All that "he's young so he's gonna listen to young artists and shit he grew up to" stuff is dumb. I was born in 92 and think Big Daddy Kane's "Long Live The Kane" album from 88 is one of the GOAT as far as hip hop albums. I never heard a hip hop track probably until the 2000's (outside of Ice Ice Baby, Baby Got Back, etc.) but 90's hip hop is undoubtedly the golden era and I know a ton of friends my age who think the same.

SHAQisGOAT
12-11-2015, 05:35 PM
He's my number 1 of all time.

There's a reason why he's always the last verse on any guest song. NO ONE wants to follow him.

True...

I think he's in my top5, tbh... I'd probably say, in no particular order, Nas, Rakim, GZA, Andre and then maybe one out of Scarface/Jigga/Pac/Big... Then you got dudes like Cube, Common (dude was RAW with great lyrics in his Com Sense years), Daddy Kane, Redman, Em, Masta Ace, Ghostface, G Rap, Black Thought.........

SHAQisGOAT
12-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Word. All that "he's young so he's gonna listen to young artists and shit he grew up to" stuff is dumb. I was born in 92 and think Big Daddy Kane's "Long Live The Kane" album from 88 is one of the GOAT as far as hip hop albums. I never heard a hip hop track probably until the 2000's (outside of Ice Ice Baby, Baby Got Back, etc.) but 90's hip hop is undoubtedly the golden era and I know a ton of friends my age who think the same.

True...

I feel like Big Daddy Kane gets a bit overlooked these days... He had two amazing first albums and, like you've said, 'Long Live the Kane' is a classic and one of the GOAT hip-hop albums... Plus, people forget that he's one of the very first to mix rap and R&B (in some of his 90's albums), call it, similar to what Drake does nowadays.

iznogood
12-11-2015, 05:44 PM
It's beside the point which of them sold more. My point was neither OutKast nor Migos are a names that would instantly sell like all the rappers you mentioned. BTW, Jay Z is reportedly worth 4 times as much as Eminem.

MP.Trey
12-11-2015, 05:48 PM
True...

I feel like Big Daddy Kane gets a bit overlooked these days... He had two amazing first albums and, like you've said, 'Long Live the Kane' is a classic and one of the GOAT hip-hop albums... Plus, people forget that he's one of the very first to mix rap and R&B (in some of his 90's albums), call it, similar to what Drake does nowadays.
:applause::applause:

Young X
12-11-2015, 06:22 PM
As a rapper..?As an overall artist. He's made nowhere near the amount of great music that Jay has.

He's not better than Nas either. He's not better than Rakim. He's not better than Kool G Rap. Or DMX, or Redman, or Ghostface, or 2Pac or BIG. I can keep going.

sportjames23
12-11-2015, 06:41 PM
True...

Real recognize real. Kane was that dude.

Shit, the list of who I'd put over Em grows. I mean, I forgot to put down Kane, KRS, Cube, Common, LL, Kool Moe Dee, Big Punisher, Grand Puba, Snoop, the Guru. Like I said, Em is nice, but the dude gets overrated by many.

GOBB
12-11-2015, 06:43 PM

Overall the migos suck. They have a select few songs that aren't bad. Nothing lyrical/deep by any means. Typical trap sound of Atlanta. But you're probably not too familiar with that sound either. Jared definitely showing his youth with migos over outkast. He's 23/24 so I can understand, same type of dude who thinks doing the nae nae and other feminine dance moves are ok/cool. And wearing blouses and calling it designer shirts is fine. Eh

ShawkFactory
12-11-2015, 06:47 PM
As an overall artist. He's made nowhere near the amount of great music that Jay has.

He's not better than Nas either. He's not better than Rakim. He's not better than Kool G Rap. Or DMX, or Redman, or Ghostface, or 2Pac or BIG. I can keep going.
I'll take Nas over him.. I'll give you Pac and Big.

He's as good as anyone else you named.

GOBB
12-11-2015, 06:51 PM
As an overall artist. He's made nowhere near the amount of great music that Jay has.

Em is better, stop it. :oldlol:

Young X
12-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Everybody I named has classic albums and doesn't make corny music. That automatically puts them over Em.

SHAQisGOAT
12-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Em is better, stop it. :oldlol:

I won't say X to that extent (he was very rugged and dope while releasing some great stuff before drugs got the best of him, though) but Red and Ghost definitely can be argued above Em... They're pretty underrated/overlooked though; they got classic albums, got some classic collective stuff, simply top-notch rappers - in each own way - at their best, got longevity...

Redman has 'Muddy Waters', 'Whut? Thee Album', so on... Got his shit with Meth, he's a member of the Hit Squad... I believe even Eminem said that Red was top5 all-time. Can drop this type of shit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYy8jpp7R8&t=1m30s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNh2PPqlJs

Ghostface got 'Supreme Clientele', 'Ironman', so on... He got them Clan albums, he was featured on 'Only Built 4 Cuban Linx'... Can spit at this level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-wPDJXkvQ&t=0m20s :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwM1keL3yOQ&t=0m55s

GOBB
12-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Red is Em fav rapper

Everybody I named has classic albums and doesn't make corny music. That automatically puts them over Em.

Em has classic albums and so what you don't like the corny part of what separates him from the rest. Never seen Ghost freestyle and rip it. And doubt Ghost could outshine Em if they were on the same track as well.

GOBB
12-11-2015, 07:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soI5XHdoxmg

Call me when Ghost and Red doing this

Terahite
12-11-2015, 07:23 PM
6 pages of this shit thread :facepalm

Lebron still rent free

Young X
12-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Rhyming a bunch of big words together? That makes you better?

Ghost has 2-3 albums better than anything Em ever put out. And he's an important part of arguably the greatest group in Hip-Hop history on top of that. He should absolutely be ranked over Eminem.

sd3035
12-11-2015, 07:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soI5XHdoxmg

Call me when Ghost and Red doing this

White people are just better rappers

ShawkFactory
12-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Rhyming a bunch of big words together? That makes you better?

Ghost has 2-3 albums better than anything Em ever put out. And he's an important part of arguably the greatest group in Hip-Hop history on top of that. He should absolutely be ranked over Eminem.
Holy shit dude.

Someone is a hater. Em would wreck most of those guys.

Like...he can get real.

Sorry if you only see him as encore and weird accents. Sucks for you :confusedshrug: