PDA

View Full Version : porzingis/ tibor pleiss

pastis
12-11-2015, 04:20 PM
just watched some highlights from tibor pleiss (utah jazz, now playing for their farm team idaho stampede).....i mean he is so slow, so damn slow, doesnt jump when shooting, no go to move, no step back, no turn around, no post game at all.

night and day difference. pleiss will not come out on top if he doesnt get better in nearly everything.

its interesting regarding porzingis and pleiss. both played in spain and on the highest european level (euroleague). both had similar stats in europe.....

but one of them will be the next knicks franchise player, putting up something like 25/12/3blocks on 48% and the other one wont make a nba roster/barely a nba roster.

FireDavidKahn
12-11-2015, 04:26 PM
just watched some highlights from tibor pleiss (utah jazz, now playing for their farm team idaho stampede).....i mean he is so slow, so damn slow, doesnt jump when shooting, no go to move, no step back, no turn around, no post game at all.

night and day difference. pleiss will not come out on top if he doesnt get better in nearly everything.

its interesting regarding porzingis and pleiss. both played in spain and on the highest european level (euroleague). both had similar stats in europe.....

but one of them will be the next knicks franchise player, putting up something like 25/12/3blocks on 48% and the other one wont make a nba roster/barely a nba roster.
:biggums: When did the Knicks get Towns? And why do you think Towns' FG% will be so low?

FKAri
12-11-2015, 05:01 PM
What's the difference between Kaminsky and Porzingis? Both are tall dudes who can shoot. Aren't they interchangeable?

Pushxx
12-11-2015, 05:11 PM
What's the difference between Kaminsky and Porzingis? Both are tall dudes who can shoot. Aren't they interchangeable?

Zinger is faster, taller, longer, and moves way better on defense.

Plus he's a god in a freakish Latvian body.

Xiao Yao You
12-11-2015, 05:29 PM

Pleiss looks pretty skilled to me. He's just too big and mechanical. I imagine the Jazz will look to get rid of him by the start of next season.

morbius
12-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Another lumbering German center. They never seem to stop making them.

Euroleague
12-12-2015, 04:24 PM

Porzingis never played in Euroleague.

Euroleague
12-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Zinger is faster, taller, longer, and moves way better on defense.

Plus he's a god in a freakish Latvian body.

He's not taller. I would say he's shorter. NBA height listings are bullshit.

qrich
12-12-2015, 04:27 PM

Tibor Pleiss is ten times the player Porzingis, Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby can ever dream of being :applause: :applause: :applause:

handbanana
12-12-2015, 04:32 PM
he's talking about kaminsky not pleiss

https://cbssportslocal.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/gettyimages-496746388.jpg

Euroleague
12-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Tibor Pleiss is ten times the player Porzingis, Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby can ever dream of being :applause: :applause: :applause:

You are a delusional nutcase.

And I said over and over here that Pleiss was the worst finisher I ever saw in Euroleague among big men. And for saying that, lying trolls here kept claiming I was "making things up", since "every NBA draft pick dominates in Europe".

With that being said, Pleiss is still better than guys like Kendrick Perkins, Joel Anthony and those kind of NBA centers that somehow manage to say in the "best league in the world".

Pleiss was adequate on offense (despite being soft) when he was playing in Brose Baskets, which is like a bad Euroleague team (won't be eligible even probably for Euroleaue now) to solid Eurocup team (below Euroleague), to a good German League team (mid level national league in Europe at best).

When he played in Spanish League and Euroleague with Baskonia, Pleiss was efficient on offense solely due to the fact of their system. Their system made Lampe and Splitter look good on offense also, and Lampe is a bad center for Euroleague level, and Splitter has always been a terrible offensive player his entire career. Even though he seemed OK on offense in that system.

But then as soon as Pleiss had to play in a real team like Barca (that's an example of the ACTUAL real "Euroleague level" and not playing in middling European teams or roles - remember that Euroleague isn't a closed system like NBA), he basically instantly became a scrub.

Milbuck
12-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Porzingis is in my top 10 Euroleague players of all time. Easily above Spanoulis.

Euroleague
12-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Porzingis is in my top 10 Euroleague players of all time. Easily above Spanoulis.

Too bad none of your top 9 "all time Euroleague players" (including Porzingis and Antetokounmpo) ever played in the Euroleague.

FKAri
12-12-2015, 05:02 PM

The moment Porzingis blocked Harden he became a top 20 Euroleague GOAT
When he blocked Harden again he entered the top 10.

zeerghit
12-12-2015, 05:03 PM
its getting old.

Euroleague
12-12-2015, 05:21 PM
The moment Porzingis blocked Harden he became a top 20 Euroleague GOAT
When he blocked Harden again he entered the top 10.

Porzingis never played on a Euroleague team in his entire life.

Stop trolling. We already have enough of this same bullshit here from guys like Rooster and Milbuck.

qrich
12-12-2015, 05:22 PM

Where do you rank Sofoklis my good friend.

He's above Spanoulis, no doubt. I personally have him at 85.

Euroleague
12-12-2015, 05:23 PM

Don't use number symbolism here, and don't use it with me.

Milbuck
12-12-2015, 05:29 PM

Hmmm. I'll get back to you on that one. Like you said though, he's unquestionably way ahead of Spanoulis.

My main takeaway from all of this is that Spanoulis is a terrible basketball player.

FKAri
12-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Porzingis never played on a Euroleague team in his entire life.

Stop trolling. We already have enough of this same bullshit here from guys like Rooster and Milbuck.

What a liar. Porzingis won the equivalent of the Euroleague finals MVP in 2014. I'll post links in a bit.

Euroleague
12-12-2015, 05:58 PM
What a liar. Porzingis won the equivalent of the Euroleague finals MVP in 2014. I'll post links in a bit.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/pclUo6oZyHMpa/200.gif