PDA

View Full Version : Past Era defenders are scared of Steph Curry

warriorfan
12-11-2015, 08:08 PM
"I'm glad I'm on the sofa now instead of covering him," says Billups, who played point guard for the 2004 champion Detroit Pistons.

"The confidence level that Steph is playing with now, obviously you won't totally stop him. If I'm playing against him right now, I think I'd try to pick him up full court, get the ball out of his hands, try to be a little physical. But he's a guy you try to hold to his average. You have to think you're not going let him explode for 40 or 50 on you, and just know that that's a good day.

"And his handle? Unbelievable, man. Unbelievable. Some guys that shoot it that well, they can't get you off them if you pressure because their handle isn't good enough. But you really can't pressure him. His handle is too slippery. And he's deceptive with his handle. He changes pace really, really well; starts and stops, then he might get the ball and just go. He's just so smart."

Billups repeats: "I'm glad I'm watching from the sofa."

from ESPN

dubeta
12-11-2015, 08:11 PM
0/11

Billups actually has a FMVP btw

Kobe_6/8
12-11-2015, 09:55 PM
"If I'm playing against him right now"

Billups said he could get off the sofa today and hold Curry to his averages. Alpha.

kennethgriffin
12-11-2015, 09:59 PM
0/11

Billups actually has a FMVP btw

billups also actually has a real championship

he won during a real season, no lockout, and didnt need a bail out finals saving shot

dubeta
12-11-2015, 10:07 PM
billups also actually has a real championship

he won during a real season, no lockout, and didnt need a bail out finals saving shot

He also beat Kobe's colluded team of 4 top 30 players in NBA History (Kobe, Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton)

It was justice for Kobe trying to rig the system by forming a super-team

ClipperRevival
12-11-2015, 10:16 PM
It all depends on what rules apply. If you let me hand check and get physical with Curry, I can really limit his effectiveness. Being able to reach out and physically push and restrain Curry on the perimeter is a huge advantage. And if Curry played in the hand check era, guys would be able to do that.

People can't underestimate the impact of the hand check rule when discussing this topic. It's a huge factor. Curry is playing in the right era for his talents but he's still clearly so special.

plowking
12-11-2015, 10:22 PM
It all depends on what rules apply. If you let me hand check and get physical with Curry, I can really limit his effectiveness. Being able to reach out and physically push and restrain Curry on the perimeter is a huge advantage. And if Curry played in the hand check era, guys would be able to do that.

People can't underestimate the impact of the hand check rule when discussing this topic. It's a huge factor. Curry is playing in the right era for his talents but he's still clearly so special.

No, sorry, you're wrong.

The handcheck was not allowed to be used to restrain player movement. So no, it had nothing to do with physicality.