PDA

View Full Version : 12/11/2015: Cleveland Cavaliers (14-7) @ Orlando Magic (12-10)

RedBlackAttack
12-11-2015, 09:05 PM
LeBron looks extraordinary tonight. Looks like Shump coming back has ignited his fire.

The defense looks predictably far better with Shump in the rotation.

Cavs up 16 at half.

Gus Hemmingway
12-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Good lord

8-9 20 points, +22 .... only a statline Kobrick could dream of

JebronLames
12-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Lebron has been shooting free throws well

Leftimage
12-11-2015, 09:09 PM
LeBron looks extraordinary tonight. Looks like Shump coming back has ignited his fire.

The defense looks predictably far better with Shump in the rotation.

Cavs up 16 at half.

Multiple insane flick-of-the-wrist layups tonight around the rim. Lebron is becoming a low-post god, his footwork and dexterity around the basket are outstanding.

MP.Trey
12-11-2015, 09:10 PM
LeBron seriously put on a show in that second quarter.

Whole team's ball movement is beautiful tonight and Shump's return has shown how much we've been missing from him while he's been out.

RedBlackAttack
12-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Multiple insane flick-of-the-wrist layups tonight around the rim. Lebron is becoming a low-post god, his footwork and dexterity around the basket are outstanding.
Even on the break, where his insane athleticism used to just bulldoze and fly over defenders, he is breaking guys down with footwork and an ability to finish below the rim.

His game is different now than it was 2004-12, but no less effective... especially when he has it going like tonight. You can just see he is locked in.

It is also good news for the playoff run, because he can hit this gear whenever he deems necessary and it is a gear no one else in the league possesses.

100grandman
12-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Lebron's in beast mode.

TrueBlue89
12-11-2015, 09:21 PM
LeBron is shooting 90% from FT after that awful start. Did he change his form or something and the effects are finally being shown?

navy
12-11-2015, 09:26 PM
LeBron is shooting 90% from FT after that awful start. Did he change his form or something and the effects are finally being shown?
Just returning to the mean. Dont worry he will start missing again soon

RedBlackAttack
12-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Man... the team looks so much better with Shump running on the wing out there. It was easy to forget how important he is to this team.

Timo is also moving better tonight.

Things are beginning to take shape. Just one more big piece yet to go.

GIF REACTION
12-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Does anyone else feel like Lebron has looked great athletically this year?

Not so much vertically, but laterally he is moving all most like Curry in his sort of controlled quickness... His handle isn't the tightest but I feel it has been effective. Instead of just bulldozing through the defender, he is using a little more finesse to get more separation.

Overall he looks like he really wanted to bring his best this year. He also continues to look better and better down low.

navy
12-11-2015, 09:33 PM

Not so much vertically, but laterally he is moving all most like Curry in his sort of controlled quickness... His handle isn't the tightest but I feel it has been effective. Instead of just bulldozing through the defender, he is using a little more finesse to get more separation.

Overall he looks like he really wanted to bring his best this year. He also continues to look better and better down low.
Last year was just an off year from him. He looks much better this year.

But his three point shooting hasnt returned.

JebronLames
12-11-2015, 09:37 PM

Much better physically than last year. His ball handling is better too. I think it was his back. He didnt get low when driving and dribbling, which is why he had a harder time getting to the rim and handling the ball.

Uncle Drew
12-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Awesome to have Shump and Moz play their first game of the season tonight.

bergs14
12-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Cavaliers playing great defense. Is this credited to Shumpert returning? Also love that Mozgov playing well. Really like that guy.

navy
12-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Cavaliers playing great defense. Is this credited to Shumpert returning? Also love that Mozgov playing well. Really like that guy.
He helps, but it's really Mozgov who has been playing off this year compared to last year.

Except the regular season is so irrelevant for the Cavs. So it's not that big a deal.

RedBlackAttack
12-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Awesome to have Shump and Moz play their first game of the season tonight.
Haha. That's what it feels like, for sure.

This is the first time Timo has looked like himself all season.

GIF REACTION
12-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Love has had a lowkey strong all-round game, despite not scoring as much

Doing the other things that matter in this one. All ways promising when he's apart of a solid defensive effort.

RedBlackAttack
12-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Love has had a lowkey strong all-round game, despite not scoring as much

Doing the other things that matter in this one. All ways promising when he's apart of a solid defensive effort.
His defense is usually not a problem as long as he is playing with a rim protector or against/in a lineup where they don't need one (good perimeter defenders). If he is just allowed to play his man at the 4-spot and gobble up rebounds, he's a positive on the defensive side of the ball. Just don't ask him to step too far out of that box.

Love has really played well all season so far. His shot has been a little hot and cold, but the other parts of his game look so much better compared to last year at this time.

Fire Colangelo
12-11-2015, 09:59 PM
His defense is usually not a problem as long as he is playing with a rim protector or against/in a lineup where they don't need one (good perimeter defenders). If he is just allowed to play his man at the 4-spot and gobble up rebounds, he's a positive on the defensive side of the ball. Just don't ask him to step too far out of that box.

Love has really played well all season so far. His shot has been a little hot and cold, but the other parts of his game look so much better compared to last year at this time.

Do you think Irving returning will have any effect on Love's play? Especially offensively?

Also, is Irving going to be on a minute restriction or anything like that coming back?

Off topic: It's nice that all the trolls decided to bandwagons the Warriors instead of the Cavs. I can actually stroll through the game thread without reading a million pages of troll posts now.

Rocketswin2013
12-11-2015, 09:59 PM
He did. He watched film from his 2013-14 playoff run and start moving his left leg backwards a little.

5/8 tonight.

His jump shooting is so bad. He'd be close to his peak level if he shot it even as well as he did in 2010.

RedBlackAttack
12-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Shump's left hand is really looking good. I don't remember him being able to handle the ball and finish with his left like that before the injury. Maybe that will be a blessing in disguise when all is said and done?

He looks great tonight.

Do you think Irving returning will have any effect on Love's play? Especially offensively?

Also, is Irving going to be on a minute restriction or anything like that coming back?

Off topic: It's nice that all the trolls decided to bandwagons the Warriors instead of the Cavs. I can actually stroll through the game thread without reading a million pages of troll posts now.

I never thought Love looked "right" last year, especially in the first half of the season. Just the way he moved around the court, it looked laborious to me. I suspected a back injury and rumors of "spasms" would pop up every now and then in the press.

Now, after having seen him at full strength this year, there is no doubt in my mind he was playing at less than 100% for much of last year. He just has so much more bounce in his step now, on both ends of the floor.

Love should expect a few less touches with Kyrie coming back. That's just the way it is going to be. Kyrie is too talented offensively to take a back seat to anyone not named LeBron James, and even LBJ will probably be touching the ball a little less.

But, I don't think he will have a negative impact on Love. Kevin could/should be the best third option in the NBA if things go according to plan.

As for a minutes restriction for Kyrie, I haven't heard anything about that. I would suspect that he will come off the bench in his first game back like Shump did tonight and work back slowly. But, he could be back as soon as Tuesday against Boston.

One thing is for sure... it will be fun to watch. Kyrie is the most entertaining player in the league to watch, imo.

bergs14
12-11-2015, 10:12 PM
James Jones hahaaha

RedBlackAttack
12-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Btw, James Jones just scored 14 straight points. :oldlol:

GIF REACTION
12-11-2015, 10:21 PM
James JONES.

Rocketswin2013
12-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Mozgov playing as if he's healthy is the single best thing about this game.

Cocaine80s
12-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Cavs bout to hand the Warriors their first loss :applause: