Milbuck
12-11-2015, 11:55 PM
And it

Al Thornton
12-11-2015, 11:57 PM
warriors are just as bad, rockets are much worse than both

LoneyROY7
12-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Tommy Heinsohn is the biggest joke in commentating.

Derka
12-11-2015, 11:58 PM
I got tired of Heinson's shtick over a decade ago. When we sucked, he was STILL doing that crap.

Hey Yo
12-12-2015, 12:00 AM
color commentary for Boston is awful....full blown bias

Al Thornton
12-12-2015, 12:02 AM
color commentary for Boston is awful....full blown bias

i heard the same thing watching the warriors broadcast of this game, it was just more subtle and not as funny.

Funktion
12-12-2015, 12:05 AM
Typical Bostonians.

Nick Young
12-12-2015, 12:05 AM
Wow even worse than the O Me O My bitch clipper announcers!

Keep taking Ls Celtics fans XD

Nick Young
12-12-2015, 12:06 AM
I got tired of Heinson's shtick over a decade ago. When we sucked, he was STILL doing that crap.
Celtics still suck. 4 fluke years where they made the playoffs and one asterix title doesn't cancel out 2.5 decades of sucking:roll: :roll: :roll:

Derka
12-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Celtics still suck. 3 fluke years and one asterix title doesn't cancel out 2.5 decades of sucking:roll: :roll: :roll:

Literally no one cares what you have to say :lol

Hulk
12-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Team announcers are supposed to be homers.

Nick Young
12-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Your team won one fluke title when Bynum and Ariza were injured.

Apart from that-nothing but 2 decades of being shit. Now your team is back in the bottom where it belongs.

Congratulations brah, you're a Celtics fan!

You guys and Heinsohn deserve each other:roll: :cheers:

Derka
12-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Your team won one fluke title when Bynum and Ariza were injured.

Apart from that-nothing but 2 decades of being shit. Now your team is back in the bottom where it belongs.

Congratulations brah, you're a Celtics fan!

You guys and Heinsohn deserve each other:roll: :cheers:

Heavincent
12-12-2015, 12:33 AM
Mike Gorman is actually really good...one of the best local play by play guys in the NBA. It's Tommy Heinsohn who is insufferable.

Scal is pretty bad too. I thought he would be decent but he never shuts up.

imdaman99
12-12-2015, 12:35 AM
http://www.timmccarver.com/wp-content/uploads/TommyHeinsohn.jpg

This is the guy...can't stand this guy's bias.

Knicks guys are the best, often times I wonder if Clyde is rooting for the other team :roll:

24-Inch_Chrome
12-12-2015, 12:36 AM
warriors are just as bad, rockets are much worse than both
This, Houston is by far the worst in the league.

Heavincent
12-12-2015, 12:39 AM
Team announcers are supposed to be homers.

Totally expected that they have a little bias toward the hometown team, but certain guys take it way too far (Heinsohn, Mike Smith, Bulls guy, Cavs guy, etc).

Knicks, Heat, Warriors, and Blazers guys do a good job of staying somewhat objective.

1987_Lakers
12-12-2015, 12:40 AM
Reminds me of this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU3nvru9wA

Tommy Heinsohn use to call NBA Finals games on CBS during the 80's with Dick Stockton, funny thing is if you watched those games he wasn't a big homer, but his bias for the Celtics comes out when he is broadcasting on the local tv.

dazzer87
12-12-2015, 12:42 AM
boston > Houston > Cavs.....

outbreak
12-12-2015, 02:09 AM
They have the biggest homer in the league. Houston team is all round worse but that older dude in bostn just whines about goid calls being bad

Funktion
12-12-2015, 02:12 AM
Damn, didnt know dude is 81. :facepalm

sammichoffate
12-12-2015, 02:14 AM
These guys are top 3 worst in the league along with Cleveland/San Antonio. Makes me thankful the Laker announcers are actually unbiased and good at what they do :lol

Terahite
12-12-2015, 02:15 AM
If you count up the negative votes in this thread I'm pretty sure Houston comes out on top as the worst. Even Harden has no respect for them.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-09-2015/pEk4kz.gif

bdreason
12-12-2015, 02:18 AM
Celtics and Spurs are the worst that come to mind.

SpecialQue
12-12-2015, 02:22 AM
If you count up the negative votes in this thread I'm pretty sure Houston comes out on top as the worst. Even Harden has no respect for them.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-09-2015/pEk4kz.gif

That's some Bosh shit right there.

Rake2204
12-12-2015, 02:31 AM
I haven't listened to him in a while before tonight, but I was picking up a little more of a Peter Griffin/Don Vito Margera vibe from him this time around. It was a little entertaining; pretty sure he said Andrew Bogus and Andre Igoodollar, followed by the classic "Get your eyes together you!"

WorldWarriors
12-12-2015, 02:43 AM
As bad as Tommy was, I just could not bring myself to listen to Giggles.

plowking
12-12-2015, 03:15 AM
Mike Gorman is actually really good...one of the best local play by play guys in the NBA. It's Tommy Heinsohn who is insufferable.

Scal is pretty bad too. I thought he would be decent but he never shuts up.

This. Heinsohn is unbearable. The worst in the NBA by far. It isn't close. The guy is the most biased and annoying person to listen to in the NBA.

He looks exactly the way he sounds if that makes any sense too.

plowking
12-12-2015, 03:17 AM
The Knicks and the Heat have by far the best in the league IMO. May be better ones out there, but they really stand out to me in terms of non biased and informative commentary.

outbreak
12-12-2015, 03:41 AM
The Knicks and the Heat have by far the best in the league IMO. May be better ones out there, but they really stand out to me in terms of non biased and informative commentary.
Orlando is good for non bias and not saying wrong info. They suck when trying to use catch ohrases though.

SwayDizzle
12-12-2015, 03:51 AM
That's some Bosh shit right there.
you know you love it

WayOfWade
12-12-2015, 03:52 AM
I'm stunned no one has mentioned my boys Bolerjack and Harpring for the Jazz. I love those guys but everyone else seems to hate them. And the Celtics have had announcer problems for years. The Bulls commentators though are great, they make watching the game even more enjoyable

Dr. Ice
12-12-2015, 04:14 AM
I thought it was common knowledge at this point that the nets' broadcast is the best in the league

Heavincent
12-12-2015, 04:25 AM
Orlando is good for non bias and not saying wrong info. They suck when trying to use catch ohrases though.

Catch phrases are generally awful. Especially Ralph Lawler's phrases (Clippers).

"Oh me oh my!"

"Bingo!!"

That shit's terrible. Combine that with Mike Smith's relentless homerism and you have a bottom 5 commentator duo.

Phantom_Blue
12-12-2015, 08:33 AM
It's hilarious, almost a comedy duo. They don't take themselves too seriously, so :lol at the fans that actually take shit personally.

Achilleas
12-12-2015, 08:52 AM
boston tommy heinsohn funny (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIG_79c46Dg)

Hey Yo
12-12-2015, 12:12 PM
boston tommy heinsohn funny (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIG_79c46Dg)
Heinsohn at the 55 second mark:

"that is BOGUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:oldlol:

JimmyMcAdocious
12-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Nope. It's the Cavs.

But Celtics aren't far behind. I thought Heinsohn was going to die yesterday. To be honest, as the game went on I was starting to cheer for it.

Wally450
12-12-2015, 12:30 PM
I've been sick of Heinsohn for years. Mike Gorman is really good though. Does some commentary for various Olympic events. I watched a handball game during the 2012 Olympics because Mike was on commentary.

ArbitraryWater
12-12-2015, 12:37 PM
i heard the same thing watching the warriors broadcast of this game, it was just more subtle and not as funny.

Tom is hilaious, there was a play last night where he complained again, and then the replay showed a Celtic defender grabbed the Warriors players jersey (Draymond?), and MikeGorman said that must have been it, and Tom just spit out something rambled :roll:

One thing you like is that he's not afraid to call out referee's, but it gets overshadowed by the fact he does it every game.

D-Wait
12-12-2015, 12:50 PM
One of the most annoying commentators is also the one from the Raptors with his high voice

24-Inch_Chrome
12-12-2015, 01:03 PM
One of the most annoying commentators is also the one from the Raptors with his high voice
My boy Jack Armstrong.

D-Wait
12-12-2015, 01:10 PM
My boy Jack Armstrong.

He isn't such a homer like Heinsohn, but sometimes I just can't stand his voice tone when he freaks out about a good play the Raptors made. :lol

tomtucker
12-12-2015, 01:22 PM
celtics announcers do suck...but the clippers are just as bad.......old mustache man is horrible but the idiot beside him is even worse, he will not shut the fukk up for even a second......constant yabber + licking the clipper players up and down

24-Inch_Chrome
12-12-2015, 01:22 PM
He isn't such a homer like Heinsohn, but sometimes I just can't stand his voice tone when he freaks out about a good play the Raptors made. :lol
Yeah, that's fair. His voice definitely isn't for everyone, I've just gotten used to it. :oldlol:

T_L_P
12-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Tommy Heinsohn is the biggest joke in commentating.

Clyde beats him in that category, but Tommy is hilariously bad.

T_L_P
12-12-2015, 01:32 PM
These guys are top 3 worst in the league along with Cleveland/San Antonio. Makes me thankful the Laker announcers are actually unbiased and good at what they do :lol

:coleman:

Sean may be the only local TV commentator (along with the Heat guy whose name I can't remember) that can actually teach you something about the game. He's a way better basketball analyst than the other guys.

Proctor
12-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Heinsohn really needs to get the boot. He drags down Mike Gorman who is great and a consummate pro.

And yet as bad is he is, they are still nowhere near the level of the Cavs. They almost have to try to be that bad. Fred McLeod calls a free-throw make for Varejao like a game winner in Game 7 of the Finals.

"AND ANDY STEPS UP AND SINKS A FREE THROW LIKE HIS EYES ARE CLOSED AND THERE'S NOBODY AT THE PARK ON A LAZY SUNDAY! A ONE POINT LEAD FOR THE WINE AND GOLDERS!" :facepalm

Sambacher
12-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Heinsohn really needs to get the boot. He drags down Mike Gorman who is great and a consummate pro.

And yet as bad is he is, they are still nowhere near the level of the Cavs. They almost have to try to be that bad. Fred McLeod calls a free-throw make for Varejao like a game winner in Game 7 of the Finals.

"AND ANDY STEPS UP AND SINKS A FREE THROW LIKE HIS EYES ARE CLOSED AND THERE'S NOBODY AT THE PARK ON A LAZY SUNDAY! A ONE POINT LEAD FOR THE WINE AND GOLDERS!" :facepalm
If that is an actual quote that is ****ing awesome haha

ArbitraryWater
12-12-2015, 04:07 PM

:roll: :roll:

FreezingTsmoove
12-12-2015, 04:08 PM
:lol

I think They do this on purpose, its Boston after all

The biggest douchebag city in the US

Derka
12-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Just feeling the need to step in again and defend Mike Gorman somewhat since this thread is still going. Gorman is objectively one of the best play-by-play guys in the game. Honestly, my favorite person in the chair next to him has been Jackie McMullen in the rare times she does Celtics games on the road. She is terrific. Scal still needs to learn how to reign himself in a bit...you don't have to talk ALL the time.

The sad thing with Tommy is that if he wasn't so insane with regards to the refs, he'd be great. In the spaces between the screams and the yells, Tommy IS a perfectly capable color guy. The guy has been around the pro game for over 50 years...he knows goddamn near everything there is to know about basketball and he does break the action down well. He doesn't hesitate to give opposing players and teams their due or point out when the Celtics are screwing things up, too.

Then he starts in on the refs...and its completely understandable that people hear that and just shut him right out. That's what I do because its just pure shtick and its been annoying for over a decade now.

sammichoffate
12-12-2015, 05:20 PM
:coleman:

Sean may be the only local TV commentator (along with the Heat guy whose name I can't remember) that can actually teach you something about the game. He's a way better basketball analyst than the other guys.I can't stand that "Oh, Mama" shit, makes listening to them unbearable.