PDA

View Full Version : A female as a NBA commentator

tomtucker
12-12-2015, 04:17 AM
I wanted to watch the Hornets Vs. Heat game.....but quickly turned the shit off when i found out the Hornets have a 3 person commentating crew, there is enough talk already in NBA games by 2 man crews, these hornets have 3 ! and one of them is female, just sounds fukking annoying with a female voice yapping while you are trying to enjoy a basketball game......anyone else feel the same way ?

TripleA
12-12-2015, 04:20 AM
I'd rather take her talking than mike rice's
dumbass. The only commentator to be ejected.

FKAri
12-12-2015, 04:20 AM
I totally agree. A female commentator creates an unnecessary complication. It's too hard for a woman to interact with the other commentators who are at the game when she's in the kitchen.

WayOfWade
12-12-2015, 04:23 AM
I wouldn't mind Cheryl Miller commentating, always liked her from TNT, interviews, and older NBA 2K games

dhsilv
12-12-2015, 04:26 AM
Good commentators are fine, just VERY few are good.

masonanddixon
12-12-2015, 04:28 AM
It's horrible. This Rosie Perez bullshit on boxing is ruining it for me as well.

KEEP WOMEN OUT OF SPORTS COMMENTATING.

Nick Young
12-12-2015, 04:33 AM
Every ESPN show has some dumbass woman moderator in the middle asking all the questions and leading the conversation from the teleprompter. You can tell every time she's improvising and not reading off the teleprompter when she says something retarded or makes an akward joke that kills the vibe and chemistry of the guys there, which is pretty much all the time.

All ESPN women commentators and moderators pretty much fit the above description.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

tomtucker
12-12-2015, 04:45 AM
It

dhsilv
12-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Every ESPN show has some dumbass woman moderator in the middle asking all the questions and leading the conversation from the teleprompter. You can tell every time she's improvising and not reading off the teleprompter when she says something retarded or makes an akward joke that kills the vibe and chemistry of the guys there, which is pretty much all the time.

All ESPN women commentators and moderators pretty much fit the above description.

There's nothing wrong with women per say, but ESPN hires them based on their tits, ass and face. Fun to look at but they're hiring awful people.

dhsilv
12-12-2015, 04:51 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]It

tomtucker
12-12-2015, 05:09 AM
Do you have to be a good player to coach? Spurs hired a woman assistant coach. Women can do just fine if they're hired a merit. Most aren't in the sports world.

Right, and i don't really care about a female coach......i just don't want to hear a female talking throughout a sporting event, it's more then enough with the sideline reporters....

BoutPractice
12-12-2015, 06:13 AM
I don't think a male as an NBA commentator is a good idea either.

Except if he's Bill Walton, and even then, I turn it off after five minutes.

(Unrelated, but we should start calling men "males" more often)

Phantom_Blue
12-12-2015, 08:14 AM
Depends on the woman. I detest that PHX woman announcer they have on occasion, but mostly because Eddie Johnson is hilarious.

Stephanie Ready is kind of loud at times, but Dell Curry is pretty good about it, very chill like his son. She's also easy on the eyes and knows her shit, so I don't mind it at all.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-12-2015, 09:49 AM

Don't watch First Take much, but I caught a recent episode and that new chick is horrible. She does not shut the **** up. And Skip is cheesy af with his nicknames. Can't remember who it was... He put Bad in front of someone's name and then referred to him with Good in front of his name. Like say it was Kobe (it wasn't). Badbe and then Goodbe. Had to change the channel immediately after. Thought I was watching a show created by ISH retards.

At least she has huge tits doe.

90sgoat
12-12-2015, 11:26 AM
It usually doesn't work out. The NBA commentators usually have great banter and a woman doesn't seem to be able to join. There was a decent one the other day though.

Nick Young
12-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Don't watch First Take much, but I caught a recent episode and that new chick is horrible. She does not shut the **** up. And Skip is cheesy af with his nicknames. Can't remember who it was... He put Bad in front of someone's name and then referred to him with Good in front of his name. Like say it was Kobe (it wasn't). Badbe and then Goodbe. Had to change the channel immediately after. Thought I was watching a show created by ISH retards.

At least she has huge tits doe.
None of them ever shut the **** up bro. And that's the only thing you ever want them to do:facepalm

tomtucker
12-12-2015, 01:37 PM
I would also think a lot of men watch sports to "get away" from their nagging wife / girlfriend.......then you turn on a game and you hear some bitch talking for 2 hours :facepalm about a game she cannot take part in ! please keep them out of MLB and NBA !...........this is not the stuff you want to hear when you are trying to enjoy a game :banghead:

dhsilv
12-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Right, and i don't really care about a female coach......i just don't want to hear a female talking throughout a sporting event, it's more then enough with the sideline reporters....

Sideline reports should all be sent to death camps....only partially joking on that one. Useless people who just need to go away forever! But unless you just have some weird issue with a higher pitched voice, if the woman knows the game then she'd be more valuable than 99.99999% of the current guys doing the job.

comerb
12-12-2015, 01:51 PM
If she is good at her job I don't care. Cheryl Miller was a decent commentator. Most women I've seen commentate just haven't been very good so it leaves a bad impression.

swagga
12-12-2015, 01:51 PM
just cuckold metrosexual society tbh. :facepalm
I've never heard of a woman commentating soccer in europe.

Nick Young
12-12-2015, 01:52 PM
No, I think sideline reporting is the best spot for these women.

They show up for 2 minutes every game, look hot, say some bullshit and then disappear and you don't have to hear them anymore unless the commentators ask if someone is hurt and then the sideline reporter says "yes" or "no" and shuts up again.

It is better they stay sideline reporters then be in the studio moderating discussions from a teleprompter and constantly trying to make akward jokes and be "just one of the guys"

Nick Young
12-12-2015, 01:54 PM
If she is good at her job I don't care. Cheryl Miller was a decent commentator. Most women I've seen commentate just haven't been very good so it leaves a bad impression.
Yes Cheryl Miller is good. Lisa Leslie doesn't have charisma but her insight is pretty solid, so I'll say she's kind of ok.

The rest are shit especially Doris Burke. I can't watch a game if she's there yapping away on commentary.

Derka
12-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Some of the best called Celtics games of the last ten years have had Jackie MacMullan doing the color commentary. She is f*cking terrific.