PDA

View Full Version : Mark price can play in the 80s and early 90s, but Steph Curry can't

juju151111
12-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Curry>>>mark Price

andgar923
12-12-2015, 07:53 PM
It's hard to understand that because most haven't seen Price play, and Curry is beasting. But people really can't comprehend how different Curry would've been back then.

He'd have to dribble with his back turned to the defender just like every pg did back then.

Not saying he'd be Trent Tucker, but he ain't the player he is today.

And Price in his prime reminds me of Doug Flutie. Just a tough sob that somehow managed to make shit happen. Just hard to explain tbh.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 07:57 PM
It's hard to understand that because most haven't seen Price play, and Curry is beasting. But people really can't comprehend how different Curry would've been back then.

He'd have to dribble with his back turned to the defender just like every pg did back then.

Not saying he'd be Trent Tucker, but he ain't the player he is today.

And Price in his prime reminds me of Doug Flutie. Just a tough sob that somehow managed to make shit happen. Just hard to explain tbh.
Its hard to explain because its nonsense. No superstar will be different in any era they all would be good. Please Mark price was a sick player then can hit the outside shot and had handles. Curry does the samething except he a way better at dribbling and shooting

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 08:04 PM
nobody said curry couldn't play in the 90s you idiot.

they're saying he would be less effective, as the rules today are softer on the perimeter.

mark price would be even BETTER today because of said rules. greater than curry? no - but again, nobody is claiming that.

Jameerthefear
12-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Its hard to explain because its nonsense. No superstar will be different in any era they all would be good. Please Mark price was a sick player then can hit the outside shot and had handles. Curry does the samething except he a way better at dribbling and shooting
this. era stans are ****ing morons

SHAQisGOAT
12-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Nikka... Why do you keep on rambling on with that weak-ass argument?
:biggums:
:facepalm

You realize that Mark Price was never remotely close to getting MVP, right? You realize he was only all-nba 1st once?
Now, Curry's a better player than Price but it's still a long road from having the type of success that Mark had in his day to the type of success that Curry's having right now...

And who said that Curry couldn't PLAY in the 80s/90s??? Some people were just saying that he wouldn't be quite as good, or better yet, quite as dominant/successful as he is nowadays.

I tell you, these dumb mf'ers :facepalm

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 08:23 PM

You realize that Mark Price was never remotely close to getting MVP, right? You realize he was only all-nba 1st once?
Now, Curry's a better player than Price but it's still a long road from having the type of success that Mark had in his day to the type of success that Curry's having right now...

And who said that Curry couldn't PLAY in the 80s/90s??? Some people were just saying that he wouldn't be quite as good, or better yet, quite as dominant/successful as he is nowadays.

its pure straw-manning.

look at the defensive stats in the 90s, and then tell yourself, this was WITH physical play & handchecking.

you remove that stuff aka today's rules, and you're only left with similar stats. curry is allowed to do whatever the f*** he wants, because nobody can touch him.

obvious is obvious.

andgar923
12-12-2015, 08:27 PM

Curry's style would change as he wouldn't be able to play as freely as he currently does. Yes he has handles but they'd be limited because defenders would put more pressure on him. He wouldn't be receiving the same looks, plain and simple.

And Price did have a very quick and highly effective crossover and was lower to the floor which made it harder to guard off the dribble. Give Price today's rules and the argument is more realistic.

Jameerthefear
12-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Curry's style would change as he wouldn't be able to play as freely as he currently does. Yes he has handles but they'd be limited because defenders would put more pressure on him. He wouldn't be receiving the same looks, plain and simple.

And Price did have a very quick and highly effective crossover and was lower to the floor which made it harder to guard off the dribble. Give Price today's rules and the argument is more realistic.
Tell me Mark Price had a better crossover so I know to never take you serious on ISH again. Go ahead. Tell me. I also don't know how he had a "lower dribble" either.

andgar923
12-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Tell me Mark Price had a better crossover so I know to never take you serious on ISH again. Go ahead. Tell me. I also don't know how he had a "lower dribble" either.
I see Curry get ripped from time to time. It was rare to see Price loose the pill.

You guys confuse aesthetics for efficiency.

Price was shorter so automatically he dribbled lower which made it harder to rip. And players back then used to dribble lower to the floor as opposed to today's players.

Go and check the dribbling styles and compare.

Players back then were thought to keep the ball below your knees and protect it with your body. Today's players are usually the complete opposite. They dribble almost fully erect with the ball above their knees.

So that's how Price dribbled with a lower center of gravity.

And if we overlook aesthetics and focus on efficiency then yes one can argue that Price has better handles.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 08:41 PM

they're saying he would be less effective, as the rules today are softer on the perimeter.

mark price would be even BETTER today because of said rules. greater than curry? no - but again, nobody is claiming that.
Go in that thread and you see peole claiming that. Curry might be slightly less effectie. He will still be a superstar.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 08:43 PM

I never said he was all those things numnuts. He was like a 4 time allstar abd put up 20ppg and 9 asts with 44% from 3. Curry is way better then him and if he doing that imagine somebody way better would do

juju151111
12-12-2015, 08:46 PM
its pure straw-manning.

look at the defensive stats in the 90s, and then tell yourself, this was WITH physical play & handchecking.

you remove that stuff aka today's rules, and you're only left with similar stats. curry is allowed to do whatever the f*** he wants, because nobody can touch him.

obvious is obvious.
People do touch him and play him play him physical, grab him, scratch him. Foh He barely ge5s Fts too.

90sgoat
12-12-2015, 08:46 PM

You forget that most dribbles Curry and ALL OTHER guards use today simply were not allowed in the 80s and 90s.

They actually called carry and they were strict. AI got called for carry his very first crossover.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMbhTj8HcU

THAT WAS CALLED A CARRY.

Don't tell me that isn't how EVERY point guard does a crossover today?

IT WAS NOT ALLOWED.

The crossover that Price, Hardaway and more did, was a significantly more difficult crossover because they could not do hesitation, they had to feint with body position and speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x08xxlOJQzk

Spot the difference, because I do.

Jameerthefear
12-12-2015, 08:48 PM
I see Curry get ripped from time to time. It was rare to see Price loose the pill.

You guys confuse aesthetics for efficiency.

Price was shorter so automatically he dribbled lower which made it harder to rip. And players back then used to dribble lower to the floor as opposed to today's players.

Go and check the dribbling styles and compare.

Players back then were thought to keep the ball below your knees and protect it with your body. Today's players are usually the complete opposite. They dribble almost fully erect with the ball above their knees.

So that's how Price dribbled with a lower center of gravity.

And if we overlook aesthetics and focus on efficiency then yes one can argue that Price has better handles.
curry doesn't really get ripped. he'll just throw a bad pass. it's very rare for stpehen curry to get ripped.
you are literally just making shit up

juju151111
12-12-2015, 08:49 PM

Except Curry makes Contested shots too. What looks? Curry can create his own shots and he can run around screens like Reggie miller.

Jameerthefear
12-12-2015, 08:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aAxzbv5.gif

but remember, curry can't dribble low!

juju151111
12-12-2015, 08:50 PM
You forget that most dribbles Curry and ALL OTHER guards use today simply were not allowed in the 80s and 90s.

They actually called carry and they were strict. AI got called for carry his very first crossover.

THAT WAS CALLED A CARRY.

IT WAS NOT ALLOWED.

The crossover that Price, Hardaway and more did, was a significantly more difficult crossover because they could not do hesitation, they had to feint with body position and speed:

Curry crossover isn't like Iverson bro

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 08:53 PM
People do touch him and play him play him physical, grab him, scratch him. Foh He barely ge5s Fts too.

think of delly on steroids - for long stretches of the regular season.

gary payton with handhcecking & the rules circa 90s era would've made life hell for curry.

again. nobody is saying curry wouldn't be a superstar. people thinking he's mark price? dumb as hell too - but a lot closer than curry being more effective than mike & shaq in the 90s.

the latter is what you're arguing basically (right now he's a more effective scorer than mike & shaq at THEIR best).

juju151111
12-12-2015, 08:57 PM

gary payton with handhcecking & the rules circa 90s era would've made life hell for curry.

again. nobody is saying curry wouldn't be a superstar. people thinking he's mark price? dumb as hell too - but a lot closer than curry being more effective than mike & shaq in the 90s.

the latter is what you're arguing basically (right now he's a more effective scorer than mike & shaq at THEIR best).
Whats special about Delly? He stopped him for 1 game. Everybody hasbad games.

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Go in that thread and you see peole claiming that. Curry might be slightly less effectie. He will still be a superstar.

slightly less effective?

so a more effective scorer than jordan & shaq? correct? these are what the raw stats say. :confusedshrug:

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:00 PM

Yes because the league has never seen someone like him before. Nobody has shot like him in history. He is anomaly not the norm. He been breaking the 3 point record the last 3 years.

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Yes because

dumb f*ck

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:03 PM
slightly less effective?

so a more effective scorer than jordan & shaq? correct? these are what the raw stats say. :confusedshrug:
I said slightly which mean he would regress some but not much.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:04 PM
dumb f*ck
Shit your dumbass up and get out the thread then. If you have noting to say.

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Shit your dumbass up and get out the thread then. If you have noting to say.

you've said enough.

apparently, curry with soft ass rules > jordan & shaq as scorers.

low iq ape lmfao

Straight_Ballin
12-12-2015, 09:06 PM

It's not just curry, it's ALL perimeter players would be less effective. Mark Price in today's league would be just as effective as Curry because the rules are softer on the perimeter.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:06 PM
you've said enough.

apparently curry > jordan & shaq as scorers.

low iq ape lmfao
No they would be on the same general level of efficiency. Also Curry isn't has efficient has Mj in the Postseason or has scored has much. I have said this before but if you put this years Curry in the 90s he would get the same stats just slightly lower.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:07 PM
It's not just curry, it's ALL perimeter players would be less effective. Mark Price in today's league would be just as effective as Curry because the rules are softer on the perimeter.
Here it is i told you people were saying Mark price is effective has Curry :roll: clowns

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 09:08 PM
No they would be on the same general level of efficiency. Also Curry isn't has efficient has Mj in the Postseason or has scored has much. I have said this before but if you put this years Curry in the 90s he would get the same stats just slightly lower.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/939007/YOURE-GOING-THE-WRONG-WAY.gif

Straight_Ballin
12-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Yes because the league has never seen someone like him before. Nobody has shot like him in history. He is anomaly not the norm. He been breaking the 3 point record the last 3 years.

He is nothing special. It's the rules of today's game that make him "appear" better than other past greats. Even Curry himself knows this.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:09 PM
i find it hilarious that i am defending jordan here.

lmao @ this fugazi jordan fan "juju". mental midget exposed. :oldlol:
I am a Mj fan, im just not retarded. Go in all the threads when retarded ass Curry Fans were saying he was better. I shut them diwn quick. Curry only been good for 2 seasons and his Postseason isn't comparable to Mj 30 ppg. Mj is still the better scorer cause of postseason i said this before.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:11 PM
He is nothing special. It's the rules of today's game that make him "appear" better than other past greats. Even Curry himself knows this.
Bro he not apearing anything. He shooting from 30ft better then some alltime greats FG%. He a anomaly you dumb****. Show me who else is putting up Curry 3 point efficiency and numbers since 06.

Straight_Ballin
12-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Here it is i told you people were saying Mark price is effective has Curry :roll: clowns

Yes, in today's game Mark would be as effective as Curry would be.... just as Curry would be as effective as Mark price was if Curry played in the 90's.

andgar923
12-12-2015, 09:12 PM
I think some of you are underestimating Price, and not understanding what Curry would be 'allowed' to do if he played back then.

Give other great shooters from the past the same conditions that Curry is facing today, and their numbers jump.

Put Curry in past eras, and his numbers take a dip.

Not saying he'd be Trent Tucker, but he wouldn't be dropping 34 at will and at such a high percentage... plain and simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sua9u318wGo

Imagine if Price was allowed to play as freely as Curry is today?

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Yes, in today's game Mark would be as effective as Curry would be.... just as Curry would be as effective as Mark price was if Curry played in the 90's.
Meyhem^^^^:roll:

Straight_Ballin
12-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Bro he not apearing anything. He shooting from 30ft better then some alltime greats FG%. He a anomaly you dumb****. Show me who else is putting up Curry 3 point efficiency and numbers since 06.

And if Price played in today's game his game would evolve just as Curry's game has, and he would be just as effective, with similar FG%. Again, you underestimate the effect of defense on the perimeter of today's game relative to the 90's.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:17 PM
I think some of you are underestimating Price, and not understanding what Curry would be 'allowed' to do if he played back then.

Give other great shooters from the past the same conditions that Curry is facing today, and their numbers jump.

Put Curry in past eras, and his numbers take a dip.

Not saying he'd be Trent Tucker, but he wouldn't be dropping 34 at will and at such a high percentage... plain and simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sua9u318wGo

Imagine if Price was allowed to play as freely as Curry is today?
Curry shoots higher 3pt %from 25-30 then Mark price career 3pt %. Mark price Shot wasn't even has quick has Curry.

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Meyhem^^^^:roll:

that guy is mentally challenged.

in another thread, he said curry being "one dimensional" revokes any chance at being second to jordan (for guards).

i'm talking about sane posters here. find one where "mark price >= curry" :confusedshrug:

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:19 PM
And if Price played in today's game his game would evolve just as Curry's game has, and he would be just as effective, with similar FG%. Again, you underestimate the effect of defense on the perimeter of today's game relative to the 90's.
Nonsense Mark price wasn't even has good or have a quicker release then Curry. Oh pls Mark doesn't have the range of Curry. Like i said Curry is a anomaly. Like Shaq,Mj, and LJ.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:20 PM

in another thread, he said curry being "one dimensional" revokes any chance at being second to jordan.

i'm talking about sane posters here. :confusedshrug:
But i don't think Curry is good has Mj through. He needs wayyyyyyyy more work to come close. He is having a alltime great regular season through.

andgar923
12-12-2015, 09:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aAxzbv5.gif

but remember, curry can't dribble low!

Look you virgin.

Perhaps if you stopped fapping to anime, you would read that I never stated that Curry or other players NEVER dribbled or can't dribble low.

Simply put, they don't do it as often as players from the past. Players from the past dribbled low damn near every time they put the ball on the floor, even if they had their back towards the defender.

90sgoat
12-12-2015, 09:21 PM

in another thread, he said curry being "one dimensional" revokes any chance at being second to jordan (for guards).

i'm talking about sane posters here. find one where "mark price >= curry" :confusedshrug:

How many one way players are in top 10 of all time?

Straight_Ballin
12-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Nonsense Mark price wasn't even has good or have a quicker release then Curry. Oh pls Mark doesn't have the range of Curry. Like i said Curry is a anomaly. Like Shaq,Mj, and LJ.

So now it's the quick release that makes him as good as he is? Range? :lol

An anomaly? No. For starter's, he is a 1-way player that can't even make all NBA defensive 2nd team defense. He's not even his team's finals MVP!!!

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Curry is a averge defender. We are not talking about James Harden here.

90sgoat
12-12-2015, 09:26 PM
The overhyping of Curry smells like the overhyping of Kobe in the mid to late 00s, it's the same cast of people anyway.

Curry will come down to earth when he loses to Spurs or Thunder.

andgar923
12-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Curry shoots higher 3pt %from 25-30 then Mark price career 3pt %. Mark price Shot wasn't even has quick has Curry.

dunno who has the quicker shot, but Price sure as hell needed to be quick to get it over people. Dude was a short player that had no vertical jump on release, he NEEDED to shoot the ball quick. He popped it in every PG's eye, on every position as well.

Too lazy to look up the stats, but players today in general have a higher 3pt% for one HUGE reason....

The 3pt shot is a bigger part than ever, so it gets practiced a ton more than ever before. Players were actually drilled that taking a 3pt shot back then was bad and would even get pulled out. Shit, in the link I posted you see Mark get wide open shots but he didn't take them because it was taboo.

Today you have centers taking more 3s than 3pt specialists from past eras, that's how much the 3pt shot has changed.

So I don't think it's out of line to think that Price would be even deadlier today than he was in the past. Give him less contact, and a freedom to shoot the 3 any time and it's highly possible that he shoots the 3 in the .400% range with ease.

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:29 PM
The overhyping of Curry smells like the overhyping of Kobe in the mid to late 00s, it's the same cast of people anyway.

Curry will come down to earth when he loses to Spurs or Thunder.
Kobe has never been efficient like Curry. He should be hyped he having a atg season.:roll:

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 09:30 PM
But i don't think Curry is good has Mj through. He needs wayyyyyyyy more work to come close. He is having a alltime great regular season through.

obviously.

what about in the regular-season though?

is curry an equal/better scorer than jordan & shaq, at any point of their careers? :confusedshrug:

curry is a "one way" player the same way bill russell, magic, larry bird & kobe are (if people consider kobe top 10).

for all the praise kobe gets as a defender, he's been a net negative for most of his career - absolutely pitiful.

Jameerthefear
12-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Look you virgin.

Perhaps if you stopped fapping to anime, you would read that I never stated that Curry or other players NEVER dribbled or can't dribble low.

Simply put, they don't do it as often as players from the past. Players from the past dribbled low damn near every time they put the ball on the floor, even if they had their back towards the defender.
Simply put, you're a ****ing moron

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:31 PM
dunno who has the quicker shot, but Price sure as hell needed to be quick to get it over people. Dude was a short player that had no vertical jump on release, he NEEDED to shoot the ball quick. He popped it in every PG's eye, on every position as well.

Too lazy to look up the stats, but players today in general have a higher 3pt% for one HUGE reason....

The 3pt shot is a bigger part than ever, so it gets practiced a ton more than ever before. Players were actually drilled that taking a 3pt shot back then was bad and would even get pulled out. Shit, in the link I posted you see Mark get wide open shots but he didn't take them because it was taboo.

Today you have centers taking more 3s than 3pt specialists from past eras, that's how much the 3pt shot has changed.

So I don't think it's out of line to think that Price would be even deadlier today than he was in the past. Give him less contact, and a freedom to shoot the 3 any time and it's highly possible that he shoots the 3 in the .400% range with ease.
Taboo my ass Price was launching 5 3 poibters by his 3rd season. He shot in the 40% range in the 90s.

andgar923
12-12-2015, 09:32 PM
For the record, I got no problems with Curry.

Dude is fun to watch and is obviously beasting at the moment.

But imo the best player is still Bron.

Sorry :confusedshrug:

juju151111
12-12-2015, 09:33 PM
For the record, I got no problems with Curry.

Dude is fun to watch and is obviously beasting at the moment.

But imo the best player is still Bron.

Sorry :confusedshrug:
Bron hasn't been the best so far this season.

andgar923
12-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Taboo my ass Price was launching 5 3 poibters by his 3rd season. He shot in the 40% range in the 90s.

LOL I guess I was wrong about Price.:banghead:

But the 3pt shot was considered a taboo in general. Shit, people didn't even take 3s in the playground. A mufuka launches a 3 and he aint touching the rock the rest of the game.

Today, players run to the 3pt line instead of pulling up for a mid or a layup :biggums: :coleman: :facepalm

knicksman
12-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Only a dumbass would think that a player based on skill wouldnt do well in any era. Just look at bird.

andgar923
Bron hasn't been the best so far this season.

Who?

Curry?

Im talking about a player as a whole.

He still does the most overall. He's never been a great scorer tbh, just good at everything as a whole.

But I'll be straight up, I haven't seen too much ball this season, so Im talking outta my ass for the most part :lol

YouTube is my source for now. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

mehyaM24

But the 3pt shot was considered a taboo in general. Shit, people didn't even take 3s in the playground. A mufuka launches a 3 and he aint touching the rock the rest of the game.

Today, players run to the 3pt line instead of pulling up for a mid or a layup :biggums: :coleman: :facepalm

he would be an even better 3pt shooter today with the emphasis, and lack of physicality.

you are 100% correct there.

juju151111

Agreed, but Curry is the best we have ever seen. He not normal

stalkerforlife
12-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Haters gonna hate.

Curry gonna GOAT.

andgar923
12-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Im hungry

juju151111
Who?

Curry?

He still does the most overall. He's never been a great scorer tbh, just good at everything as a whole.

But I'll be straight up, I haven't seen too much ball this season, so Im talking outta my ass for the most part :lol

Currhas been the best and most clutch.

Jameerthefear
He's just making shit up at this point. He's arguing that as he launches more 3s his efficiency will go up :hammerhead:

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Who?

Curry?

i agree with your general principle, but if that's the case, you shouldn't be commenting much.

curry is the goat 3pt shooter, and its not close. he's also clearly been the best player.

Jameerthefear
12-12-2015, 09:51 PM
Who?

Curry?

This is how most era stans are.

mehyaM24
12-12-2015, 09:55 PM
This is how most era stans are.

i don't think so.

andgar is known to be someone who talks out of his ass, and overrates everything in the past.

still, he's not wrong about threes being more relevant today than they were in the past. same thing with physicality & handchecking (not talking about missed calls) being no longer part of our game.

MiseryCityTexas
12-12-2015, 10:19 PM
curry doesn't really get ripped. he'll just throw a bad pass. it's very rare for stpehen curry to get ripped.
you are literally just making shit up

I guess you're going to pretend that 38 year old ass Jason Terry didn't make Curry fall down after he crossed him over earlier in the season also.

Dro
12-14-2015, 06:44 PM

THAT WAS CALLED A CARRY.

IT WAS NOT ALLOWED.

Way too much logic in this post for the kiddies.........But this point has been explained OVER AND OVER..........Either they want to get it, OR THEY DON'T...And clearly, THEY DON'T.......

plowking
12-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Dale Ellis was putting up 28ppg. He'd be putting up 40ppg today.
Kiki Vandeweghe was putting up 30ppg. He'd put up 45ppg.
Alex English, 30ppg back then, 45ppg today.
Purvis Short put up 28ppg back then. He'd be dropping 40ppg today.

All these guys are so much better than today's stars.

Curry drop even 25ppg in the 80's and 90's? No way.
These much better players could do it, but not Curry.

Basketball is simply 50% worse now than it ever was. Like all athletic competition, particularly a recently developed one like basketball, it only gets worse after inception. All the best players were playing back in the 50's and 60's.

sportjames23
12-14-2015, 06:59 PM
this. era stans are ****ing morons

Says the moron who stans this era. :rolleyes:

mehyaM24
12-14-2015, 07:01 PM
plowking with more straw-man to help cope with the obvious..

the abolition of handcheck & physical play has rendered perimeter play softer, allowing bums to thrive. lebron would probably be a better player in the 90s because of his body - he could use that to his advantage on defense.

but he's an absolute anomaly.

james harden for instance would be a practical joke in the 90s, where midrange was an absolute must for perimeter players.

sportjames23
12-14-2015, 07:06 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but mehya is wreckin nigguhs in this thread.

**** you, Jameer for making me say that.

plowking
12-14-2015, 07:15 PM
plowking with more straw-man to help cope with the obvious..

the abolition of handcheck & physical play has rendered perimeter play softer, allowing bums to thrive. lebron would probably be a better player in the 90s because of his body - he could use that to his advantage on defense.

but he's an absolute anomaly.

james harden for instance would be a practical joke in the 90s, where midrange was an absolute must for perimeter players.

Of course. My arguments are terrible.

It is just coincidence that there were more efficient wing scorers back in the day scoring 20+ppg.

Purvis Short would dominate to the tune of 40ppg this era. Right? I mean he was doing this shit with handchecking back in his day. Fark bro.

Yep, Bron is the only one that could transition into that crazy tough era. But he only averaged 25ppg last season. That would equate to 22ppg in the tougher era back in the day. So he is essentially Scottie Pippen. People weren't lying!
The highest scorer was Russell Westbrook with 28ppg, but he would be far worse under handchecking. 24ppg back then. Curry put up 24ppg last season. Not sure he'd crack 20ppg under those crazy defenses and handchecking back in the day that somehow for some reason (gotta be a mistake) have worse defensive ratings.

So yeah, yesteryears players, only 1 or 2 of them would actually average over 20ppg if they couldn't do it in today's weak era.

plowking
12-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but mehya is wreckin nigguhs in this thread.

**** you, Jameer for making me say that.

You don't even know how debating works if you think he is wrecking anyone. :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
12-14-2015, 07:21 PM
straight ballin said that curry would only put up 20ppg in the 90s
yet, a 6'1 160lb guard (Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf) had no issue scoring 19ppg in multiple seasons. at 160 lbs...
but muh handchecking!!!!

mehyaM24
12-14-2015, 07:49 PM
straight ballin said that curry would only put up 20ppg in the 90s
yet, a 6'1 160lb guard (Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf) had no issue scoring 19ppg in multiple seasons. at 160 lbs...
but muh handchecking!!!!

a crazy jordan stan on the level of 3ball.

ya, lets take him seriously

mehyaM24
12-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Of course. My arguments are terrible.

It is just coincidence that there were more efficient wing scorers back in the day scoring 20+ppg.

i won't argue about the entire 80s decade, because my argument is mainly predicated on the late 80s/early 90s-on.

back then, there were players who could shoot from all areas of the floor e.g. durant, lebron and curry. you laugh at dale ellis, but like somebody else said, he was a player who could light it up from three. 47% one season averaging 4 attempts, while also killing it from midrange.

just look at the league stats - i'll leave it there.

the 90s and today's era have similar league eFG percentages and drtg's (look it up) - but the only difference is you cannot be physical like you could in the 90s. its no coincidence individual ppg rose after 2005, when handchecking was completely eliminated from the league.

Purvis Short would dominate to the tune of 40ppg this era. Right? I mean he was doing this shit with handchecking back in his day. Fark bro.

i'm a huge fan of this era

i can admit curry is the goat shooter, that lebron would rape the 90s, etc..

i'm literally just stating the obvious and you guys can't handle it - hence the bs sarcasm.

Asukal
12-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Of course Curry can play in the 80's and 90's, he has the skills and mindset to be great in any era. Leflop on the otherhand..... :hammerhead: :oldlol:

bdreason
12-14-2015, 08:26 PM
Only retards believe Curry wouldn't be an elite player in the 80's and 90's. Teams in the 80's and 90's would have even less answers for Curry's infinite range. Modern defenses have already had years to adjust to the increased 3-point efficiency and court spacing.