PDA

View Full Version : Glossed over part of tonight's game.....Greg Monroe destroyed Draymond Green

Milbuck
12-13-2015, 02:30 AM
Greg Monroe took Green to the woodshed late in tonight's game when GS tried to do their small ball lineup.

28/11/5 on 69% shooting.

Spin moves, up and unders, jump hooks off both sides, everything. When we desperately needed a bucket, Moose was there and there was nothing Draymond could do about it.

Not saying Green got exposed or anything, still a hell of a defender, but he's not perfect.

Bit of a blueprint as to how to beat this team? Charles Barkley might be an idiot but he might be on to something. A skilled low post center who also has great court vision can give this team major problems.

San Antonio is probably licking their chops right about now, with Duncan and Aldridge, and hell, Kawhi too with his post game..

All Net
12-13-2015, 02:33 AM
The blueprint is facing GS on the 7th game of a road trip...sadly for other teams that won't happen very often

Deuce Bigalow
I'm sure Duncan is licking his chops with his ability to drop 9.4 ppg

oarabbus
Monroe was very impressive, but our boys were beat from double OT just 24 hours before. Even Draymond's legendary motor is not infinite.

dhsilv
12-13-2015, 02:48 AM
Not to troll but "Both teams played hard, god bless and good night"

That's all that's worth saying here. It was their last game of a long road trip and they were both tired and played a team who wanted blood. Add in shots that normally fall didn't. It happens.

Funktion
12-13-2015, 02:49 AM
Draymond played 50 minutes last night in Boston. They were done.

sammichoffate
12-13-2015, 02:53 AM
They were gassed, although this game is a good example of a big who controls the pace being one of the keys to beating them imo. Spurs have that so that's why they're a good matchup for them, showed a bit in their series against Memphis last year too.

24-Inch_Chrome
12-13-2015, 03:08 AM
I wasn't able to watch any of the game past the 1st quarter as we tuned into the UFC undercard but who was Jabari matched up against? Box score looks like the dude went off!

Milbuck
12-13-2015, 03:14 AM
I wasn't able to watch any of the game past the 1st quarter as we tuned into the UFC undercard but who was Jabari matched up against? Box score looks like the dude went off!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fS6-lMya_8

Mostly Green, but the way we ran it was more of a team thing than him scoring on an individual defender. Didn't iso him too much, scored pretty much in the flow. Kid gets buckets though.

Didn't really play him to end the game though. Could've easily had 25+ if we went to him more. But I'm fine with the way we ended it, Moose had it going and destroyed GS' small ball lineup.

24-Inch_Chrome
12-13-2015, 03:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fS6-lMya_8

Mostly Green, but the way we ran it was more of a team thing than him scoring on an individual defender. Didn't iso him too much, scored pretty much in the flow. Kid gets buckets though.

Didn't really play him to end the game though. Could've easily had 25+ if we went to him more. But I'm fine with the way we ended it, Moose had it going and destroyed GS' small ball lineup.
Beauty, thanks. He's looked really good in what little I've seen of him this year, glad that he's been able to overcome that injury from last year.

Sarcastic
12-13-2015, 03:38 AM
Pretty sure Barkley isn't the first person to think a skilled post player can cause damage. The only reason the Dubs can get away with what they are doing is that there's so few good post players in the NBA today. When they finally have to play the Spurs in the playoffs, they'll get taken apart.

WorldWarriors
12-13-2015, 03:58 AM
Sure but Warriors have two big centers who were sitting in the 4th when Monroe did most of his damage. We'll see what happens in Oakland.

TommyGriffin
12-13-2015, 04:01 AM
Draymond needs to use a lot of energy when he is defending large centers. Didn't have enough in the tank tonight.

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 04:01 AM

Did you just say a 39 year old is dropping 9.4ppg? :eek: :bowdown: :eek:

WorldWarriors
12-13-2015, 04:04 AM
Warriors small ball line up hasn't worked with HB out of the lineup.

HurricaneKid
12-13-2015, 05:34 AM
Draymond played 50 minutes last night in Boston. They were done.

And the Bucks played in a foreign country last night.

And they were missing half their guard rotation.

And they DESTROYED the Warriors.

buddha
12-13-2015, 05:36 AM
i've been saying for a while all it takes is a big who has a low post game to beat the Warriors small ball lineup. It's not the Warriors fault that so many teams have absolutely nobody who can score in the post.

HurricaneKid
12-13-2015, 05:40 AM
Warriors small ball line up hasn't worked with HB out of the lineup.

Having 5 shooters on the floor, one of whom is Steph Curry, is one helluva card to play. But there aren't many teams that can defend the 4 and the 5 that can put the ball on the floor AND shoot 3s.

But they had Livingston and Iggyout there at the end of the game tonight. Iggy shot 1/9. And Shaun plays in the post primarily. SO all of a sudden they were playing a team that was every bit as long (actually quite a bit longer) and didn't have to worry about half the guys without the ball out there.

THIS is why people are so high on the future of the Bucks. Those guys have to get better at shooting but when they do...

warriorfan
12-13-2015, 06:02 AM
Having 5 shooters on the floor, one of whom is Steph Curry, is one helluva card to play. But there aren't many teams that can defend the 4 and the 5 that can put the ball on the floor AND shoot 3s.

But they had Livingston and Iggyout there at the end of the game tonight. Iggy shot 1/9. And Shaun plays in the post primarily. SO all of a sudden they were playing a team that was every bit as long (actually quite a bit longer) and didn't have to worry about half the guys without the ball out there.

THIS is why people are so high on the future of the Bucks. Those guys have to get better at shooting but when they do...

Iguodala and Shaun are good defenders for the wing but those guys get in trouble against 4's and have no chance vs Centers. Barnes is really strong on the other hand and can check large 4's much better. Last season in the playoffs Barnes was checking Zach Randolph in the post and was more than able to hold his ground. When Barnes is defending 4's and Draymond is defending 5's is when the Warriors' small ball is the effective defensively.

Rocketswin2013
12-13-2015, 07:55 AM
Love is the best post-up player in the league statistically at 1.22 PPP. Even with him slipping a bit the past few games.

Christmas day will be interesting.

WorldWarriors
12-13-2015, 01:53 PM

I'm not even talking about this game. It just hasn't worked without HB. Warriors have had to keep Ezell out there.

WorldWarriors
12-13-2015, 01:57 PM
i've been saying for a while all it takes is a big who has a low post game to beat the Warriors small ball lineup. It's not the Warriors fault that so many teams have absolutely nobody who can score in the post.

I'm not so sure it would have worked if the shots were falling. Warriors missed a lot of shots. I guess we'll get to test this theory when they play again next week.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Did you just say a 39 year old is dropping 9.4ppg? :eek: :bowdown: :eek:

:applause:

PAOK
12-14-2015, 07:18 AM
if a good-but-not-great skilled low post guy like Monroe can do such damage to the warriors small ball lineup, imagine what a prime shaq/duncan would do against them...

unfortunately there are zero serious low post threats in the nba at this moment. even big guys like davis and cousins try to learn how to shoot threes, instead of forcing their way inside the paint

L.A. Jazz
12-14-2015, 07:38 AM
Everone knew this already, BUT there arent many good lowpostplayers AND none of the contenders have one. so no Problem for GSW.

JerrySeinfeld
12-14-2015, 07:39 AM
Everone knew this already, BUT there arent many good lowpostplayers AND none of the contenders have one. so no Problem for GSW.

Isn't Enes Kanter pretty good in the post?

Seems like it but OKC doesn't play him very much

L.A. Jazz
12-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Isn't Enes Kanter pretty good in the post?

Seems like it but OKC doesn't play him very much
he is good, but cant defend at all. we will see how much he plays.

forgot about him. :(

Clifton
12-14-2015, 03:08 PM
A skilled low post center who also has great court vision can give this team major problems.
The Warriors do benefit from being in an era without dominant interior players. The Grizzlies and the Cavs both gave them a tough series.

Their defense is good, but they're not able to be a first-rate offensive machine and deal with strong interior presences at the same time. Their centers are okay, but not impactful players on offense.

Nothing Monroe didn't do that Barkley, Malone, prime Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem wouldn't have done. And those guys would do it more consistently.

Draymond is disruptive on that end but he's not Dennis Rodman, nor is he Ben Wallace. You can score on him, and he doesn't scare teams away from the paint.

Warriors one of the great teams of all-time, but no team is perfect.

swagga
12-14-2015, 03:33 PM

mark my words son, if the warriors get the spurs in the playoffs, they are getting bounced.
Grandpa duncan will absolutely cuck that GSW frontcourt, for 20-25 mins a game he'll tear draymond green a new one.

Y'all going nuts about GSW but they are very beatable come playoff time. They allow a lot of points in the paint, something like 18th in the league in opponent efg in the paint.

HurricaneKid
12-14-2015, 03:38 PM
he is good, but cant defend at all. we will see how much he plays.

forgot about him. :(

Can you imagine what GSW would do to Kanter in a PnR? They would absolutely GUT the Thunder if he were on the floor any real minutes.