PDA

View Full Version : Knicks star Anthony hits back at Barkley

Draz
12-13-2015, 01:14 PM
New York Knicks small forward Carmelo Anthony hit back at Charles Barkley after the former NBA MVP questioned his leadership.

Barkley, an 11-time All-Star and league MVP with the Phoenix Suns in 1993, said Anthony had to be "a better leader" during TNT's broadcast of the Knicks game with the Sacramento Kings.

Responding those comments, Anthony told the New York Post: "How can you tell somebody that they're not a leader? You're not around me. I've never met you before.

"You know nothing about me except what you're seeing on the basketball court the couple of minutes of the games you actually watch. Someone [like that] to tell me I need to be a better leader?"

Asked why he does not publicly criticise his team-mates, Anthony added: "LeBron [James] gets angry - I can't do that. It wouldn't even feel right to curse my team-mates out on the bench or on the court.

"It’s not even who I am. Me and my team-mates have conversations and players-only meetings. I speak up and I'm heard. The problem is everyone's trying to compare you to the next person."

Source:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-star-anthony-hits-back-161730928.html

Got to admit, Carmelo said the right things. Surprised to know Carmelo and Charles don't have a friendship or even met before considering their high profiles. Although, Melo seems a little insecure, their just remarks.

references
12-13-2015, 01:58 PM
carmelo is right. barkley is a tool and will respond with his usual "stop being insecure" crap as if it's inconceivable to him that a player would respond to his criticism

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 02:53 PM
All Melo needed to say is:

"Has Barkley ever won a ring? No? Then why is he commenting about leadership?"

SpecialQue
12-13-2015, 02:54 PM

He's come A LOT closer to it than Melo.

references
12-13-2015, 02:54 PM

you never played in the nba. why are you commenting on professional basketball at the highest level?

lilteapot
12-13-2015, 02:56 PM

Then Barkley would say "Is Melo in the hall of fame? How many rings or MVPs has he gotten? How many NBA Finals has he played in? Then why is this bitch questioning my assessment of his leadership? Why is Straight_Ballin such a knuckleheaded virgin?"

Real Men Wear Green
12-13-2015, 02:56 PM

Well no because Melo hasn't either.

SpecialQue
12-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Then Barkley would say "Is Melo in the hall of fame? How many rings or MVPs has he gotten? How many NBA Finals has he played in? Then why is this bitch questioning my assessment of his leadership? Why is Straight_Ballin such a knuckleheaded virgin?"

I like how in this universe Barkley somehow knows who Straight_Ballin is.

lilteapot
12-13-2015, 02:59 PM
I like how in this universe Barkley somehow knows who Straight_Ballin is.

Barkley has a knucklehead radar embedded in his brain

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Barkley is in no position to comment about leadership. He has a real leader like Shaq sitting next to him that he should be deferring such comments to.

Jameerthefear
12-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Barkley is in no position to comment about leadership. He has a real leader like Shaq sitting next to him that he should be deferring such comments to.
Do you have a good opinion on anything?

lilteapot
12-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Do you have a good opinion on anything?

:lol

HenryGarfunkle
12-13-2015, 03:17 PM
He needs to be a better player. He simply isn't that good.

Dudes a one-trick pony.

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 03:17 PM
What did Barkley ever lead his team to other than defeat? Nikka trying to tell another man how he should lead. :sleeping

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 04:56 PM
He's come A LOT closer to it than Melo.

Come a lot closer to what? The record for eating the most pancakes while on a stationary bike at an NBA practice? :lol

http://i.imgur.com/x9t09J0.jpg

lilteapot
12-13-2015, 05:07 PM
All that and he still won an MVP and got to the finals. He has more talent in one of his krispy kreme filled turds than you and Melo combined.

LoneyROY7
12-13-2015, 05:11 PM
Go eat some more pigs in a blanket, Chuck.

bdreason
12-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Barkley was a great player, but he was never a great leader.

Kobe_6/8
12-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Cuckmelo... the NBA is all about being compared to other players.

:coleman:

"LeBron gets angry - I can't do that." Why not?

:biggums:

LoneyROY7
12-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Cuck Barkley.

gigantes
12-13-2015, 07:05 PM
OP i think you cut off part of the article that explains why barkley went after melo in the first place.

i remember it being about melo showing terrible body language, non-interest in game-time huddles and being kind of passive-aggressive. that and the pouting when a teammate is having a bigger-scoring game than he is. IMO charles barkley was right to call out all those things, since they are a big part of leadership.

charles after all was the guy who regularly outrebounding guys four inches taller than him, whose shoulders and upper arms got covered in scars from the gouging of others players' fingernails in to his flesh. not to mention he was a great, efficient scorer and even turned in to an enforcer on the defensive end. he wasn't a great leader, but he seems like a far better leader than melo. that's leadership when it counts.

GoatBoy
12-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Come a lot closer to what? The record for eating the most pancakes while on a stationary bike at an NBA practice? :lol

http://i.imgur.com/x9t09J0.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: