PDA

View Full Version : Curry be Creepin on ah Come Up

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 04:34 PM
What a great mentor and leader MJ was. Basically told Pip... "roll with me homie... I won't let you lose once we make it on the biggest stage"

Name one other player... just one... that was such a good mentor that he ensured that the 2nd best player on his team would go undefeated for at least 6 finals. :no:

MJ can say that he took Pippen to 6 finals and ensured that while by his side, that he would never let him down. That he would NEVER lose if they made it to the finals.:banana:

Has any 2 other men even made it to the finals together for at least 6 times, let alone WON all 6 times.

MJ basically said "F'ck it, this game is designed so that one man can't win it all by himself. I'll just get a teammate and mentor them to the point such that I will win enough times while going undefeated, that I will forever be the undisputed GOAT"

And that is EXACTLY what he did.

Now that Curry has the blueprint and has seen the failed attempts at GOAT by lesser men like Kobe and Bron, he knows what he has to do. He creppin on ah come up.

1/1 so far with a 24-1 record. Quite a road ahead of him but at least he gives hope to the lil bros that never got to witness the GOAT, and instead had to resort to watching 2nd rate ball showcasing far lesser players.

Keep ya chin up Curry. You are the new hope. :pimp:

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2015, 04:37 PM
What a great mentor and leader MJ was. Basically told Pip... "roll with me homie... I won't let you lose once we make it on the biggest stage"

Name one other player... just one... that was such a good mentor that he ensured that the 2nd best player on his team would go undefeated for at least 6 finals. :no:

MJ can say that he took Pippen to 6 finals and ensured that while by his side, that he would never let him down. That he would NEVER lose if they made it to the finals.:banana:

Has any 2 other men even made it to the finals together for at least 6 times, let alone WON all 6 times.

MJ basically said "F'ck it, this game is designed so that one man can't win it all by himself. I'll just get a teammate and mentor them to the point such that I will win enough times while going undefeated, that I will forever be the undisputed GOAT"

And that is EXACTLY what he did.

Now that Curry has the blueprint and has seen the failed attempts at GOAT by lesser men like Kobe and Bron, he knows what he has to do. He creppin on ah come up.

1/1 so far with a 24-1 record. Quite a road ahead of him but at least he gives hope to the lil bros that never got to witness the GOAT, and instead had to resort to watching 2nd rate ball showcasing far lesser players.

Keep ya chin up Curry. You are the new hope. :pimp:

Russell with Havlicek

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Russell with Havlicek

Completely different scenario. Russel was winning with other players before Havlicek, and Havlicek won 2 more rings without Russel. Also don't forget about Cousy's impact in 63.

Russel won in (1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969)
Havlicek won in (1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976)

So Russell mentored Havlicek and molded him into a champion like Jordan did Pippen?

Russell had Havlicek come to his home or similar and train with him everyday before practice? (see Jordan's breakfast club)

Jordan's situation was different. He didn't have other great players with him enabling him to win before Pippen, like Russel did before Havlicek.

GrapeApe
12-13-2015, 04:57 PM
I don't recall Jordan ever losing FMVP to a bench player.

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 05:02 PM
I don't recall Jordan ever losing FMVP to a bench player.

No, but then again I don't ever recall a bench player winning a FMVP because he made the "face of the NBA" shoot so poorly in a finals match-up.

72-10
12-13-2015, 05:10 PM
No, but then again I don't ever recall a bench player winning a FMVP because he made the "face of the NBA" shoot so poorly in a finals match-up.

I'm too lazy to read the thread, but the combo of Hawkins and Payton made Jordan shoot poorly in 96… by Jordan standards

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=72-10]I'm too lazy to read the thread, but the combo of Hawkins and Payton made Jordan shoot poorly in 96

GrapeApe
12-13-2015, 05:15 PM

How does that relate to what I said?

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Not poorly enough to keep MJ from getting that undisputed FMVP tho.

Iggy on Lebron on the other hand....

Undisputed? Nah, Jordan received 6 Finals MVP votes in '96, LeBron received 4 this past Finals in a loss

aquaadverse
12-13-2015, 05:24 PM

Aside from Jerry West, I can't recall a single player from a losing team in the Finals getting FMVP. You need a new shtick. Iggy didn't take it from LeBron, he took it from Curry.

Straight_Ballin
12-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Aside from Jerry West, I can't recall a single player from a losing team in the Finals getting FMVP. You need a new shtick. Iggy didn't take it from LeBron, he took it from Curry.

Curry had his hands full with Delly Dog.
Bron on got 4 votes and lost the vote to Iggy.

Iggy therefore took it from Bron cause Bron was in the running for it.

dubeta
12-13-2015, 05:31 PM
Didn't Pippen rescue Jordan from the hells of 1-9? :lol

Pippen took Jordan from being a Carmelo Anthony/ Steve Francis type career loser and made him a contender :lol

Jordan before Pippen : 1-9

Jordan after: Lived in the lottery

Never forget

72-10
12-13-2015, 05:34 PM

Rodman's rebounding in that Finals was a huge contribution to the wins. He set Finals rebounding records. Sonics coach George Karl even pointed it out. But yes, Jordan deserved the trophy.

72-10
12-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Undisputed? Nah, Jordan received 6 Finals MVP votes in '96, LeBron received 4 this past Finals in a loss

Where are you getting the voting info from?

Btw Jordan led the league in total points during the 1990 playoffs and he didn't even play in the Finals. That's ridic.

72-10
12-13-2015, 05:37 PM

West is the only one.:cheers:

GrapeApe
12-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Curry had his hands full with Delly Dog.
Bron on got 4 votes and lost the vote to Iggy.

Iggy therefore took it from Bron cause Bron was in the running for it.

So Iguodala deserved it, correct? You're conceding that his defense on Lebron was the turning point in the series. You acknowledged that a bench player winning FMVP for his defense was unprecedented, so that must really speak volumes about the level of respect for the guy he was guarding.

HenryGarfunkle
12-13-2015, 05:40 PM

Pippen took Jordan from being a Carmelo Anthony/ Steve Francis type career loser and made him a contender :lol

Never forget
:lol :lol :lol

GOT EM.

72-10
12-13-2015, 05:42 PM
OP, is this a good album?

Gus Hemmingway
12-13-2015, 05:43 PM

Never forget

Never forget :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

72-10
12-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Attack of the trolls

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Where are you getting the voting info from?

Btw Jordan led the league in total points during the 1990 playoffs and he didn't even play in the Finals. That's ridic.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-06-17/sports/9606170154_1_dennis-rodman-bulls-crowning-moment

GrapeApe
12-13-2015, 05:48 PM
:lol :lol :lol

GOT EM.

Dude, he just compared Jordan to Melo and Steve Francis. Jordan was getting GOAT talks before he even won a title.

72-10
12-13-2015, 05:51 PM
probably about 89

72-10
12-13-2015, 05:52 PM
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-06-17/sports/9606170154_1_dennis-rodman-bulls-crowning-moment

Thank you very much.:D

warriorfan
12-13-2015, 05:53 PM
OP, is this a good album?

yeah