PDA

View Full Version : Incredible finish to the London Chess Classic happening right now

Akrazotile
12-13-2015, 05:11 PM
For anyone interested. Streaming on Chess24.

9erempiree
12-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Really. Bro.

Akrazotile
12-13-2015, 05:18 PM
Are they white?

Anish Giri is a half white, half bengali Dutchman.

Maxime Vachier-Lagrave is a white Frenchman.

Magnus Carlsen is a white Nowegian.

You are a white troll.

pastis
12-13-2015, 05:23 PM
chess :applause: :applause:

i lost interest in chess the last couple of years, but its a great game.

i just looked at the worl ranking: i know magnus carlsen, anand, aronian and kramnik. I honestly never heard about Nr. 2 Fabiano caruana tough. as i followed chess, magnus carlsen was the rising star.

Akrazotile
12-13-2015, 05:33 PM
MVL just ****ed Giri's shit up in the Armageddon match :roll:

Giri the arrogant little c0cksucker. Always plays for draws and occasionally gets wins, then talks shit about all the other players. Got into the two-game rapid tiebreak semi against MVL, winner plays Magnus in the final. Giri won the first game with black, so all he needed was a draw in the second game and he's through to the final.

MVL amazingly takes the second game with black pieces, then chooses them again in the Armageddon match and wins THAT. Anish is vanquished to go cry and make excuses, which is precisely what he did in his interview :lol

MVL and Magnus now play, and because of the standings of the Grand Chess Tour (this is the final event of the season) if Magnus wins the first match, he wins this tournament and by extension the whole circuit. If Maxime wins the first match, they have to play AGAIN, and the winner of THAT takes the circuit.

Honestly, it's very hard to guarantee exciting finales in chess. They're often anti-climactic, but the last tournament of the season and the tournament itself now goes down to the wire, which brings the entire season of the Grand Chess Tour down to the wire!

Really awesome stuff :applause:

gigantes
12-13-2015, 06:02 PM
i might follow chess more if the pros played more fischer rules.

i think pro chess is a lot like pro table tennis... very hard for casual fans to understand and stay interested in.

but if someone could come up with a hybrid of chess and japanese game shows...

enayes
12-13-2015, 06:04 PM
how much money do the top players make?

ROCSteady
12-13-2015, 06:36 PM
starface trying so hard to not be amongst the masses watching football on a Sunday.

This dude postin about chessers with acronyms like anybody has ever heard of these fckers.

Damn bro, try hard thread. We get it, you're not one of the brain washed bi-partisan masses on FB watching the NFL. You watch the Chess Circuit.

We should all bow down to your intellectualism

Akrazotile
12-13-2015, 06:42 PM
starface trying so hard to not be amongst the masses watching football on a Sunday.

This dude postin about chessers with acronyms like anybody has ever heard of these fckers.

Damn bro, try hard thread. We get it, you're not one of the brain washed bi-partisan masses on FB watching the NFL. You watch the Chess Circuit.

We should all bow down to your intellectualism

Well this part is true, but the rest is off. Im still keeping an eye on the football. And I post about chess once a year at most, but there really is a super climactic flurry of a finish going on right now, so I wanted to let people know in case theres anyone that wanted to tune in.

I dont need to impress anyone here and I dont try to. I just post what Im thinking.