PDA

View Full Version : "The Kobe Assist" = Biggest subliminal diss in NBA history

Gus Hemmingway
12-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Who else gets coined a stat on missing buckets, Kobe :lol

Not only missing but having remarkable HOF bigs for put backs, Kobe :lol

When players miss a shot with a big bailing him out on a put back, is a "Kobe assist" for the rest of time long after were dead.

His name forever will remain as a negative statline right alongside with Turnovers.

http://i.imgur.com/weKI2RJ.jpg

warriorfan
12-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Delonte west got lebron's mom to assist him with a few things...

FKAri
12-13-2015, 06:06 PM
I knew Porzingis would be on this. I think all his O rebounds come from Melo :lol

DaOldLion
12-13-2015, 06:11 PM
no its not and if you understood basketball at all you would realize this

a "Kobe assist" is simply a shot that falls smoothly off the rim making it easier to rebound offensively. Instead of clanking the shot and having the rebound go further back - making it easier for the defense to rebound - a "Kobe assist" falls gently off the rim giving the bigs a better chance at rebounding the miss for an easy put-back

warriorfan
12-13-2015, 06:15 PM
"The Durant Assist"

KD: Hey Westbrook do you want to come have sex with my girl tonight? I can't really please here and I prefer to watch.

WB: no doubt

TommyGriffin
12-13-2015, 06:24 PM
"The Durant Assist"

KD: Hey Westbrook do you want to come have sex with my girl tonight? I can't really please here and I prefer to watch.

:roll:

That is accurate because you know Westbrook doesn't let KD address him by his first name.

Nash
12-13-2015, 06:25 PM
kobe assist :roll: :roll:

no fu*ckin way

34-24 Footwork
12-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Iggy and Kawhi racking up accolades from the Lebron assist:lol

To think that boris diaw would've gotten finals MVP for holding Lebron to 5-23 from the field:lol :lol

Gus Hemmingway
12-13-2015, 06:35 PM

no fu*ckin way

****ing way bro... F to the U to the CKING...WAY :lol :lol

outbreak
12-13-2015, 06:55 PM
"The Durant Assist"

http://i.imgsafe.org/57a0fe3.png

20Four
12-13-2015, 07:28 PM
rent free

JohnMax
12-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Tristan Thompson got $85 million for being good at the "Lebron assist."

raprap
12-13-2015, 08:32 PM
:lol

Akrazotile
12-13-2015, 08:33 PM

no fu*ckin way

:lol You aint know about the kobe assist brah? Shit's a classic. The name of it has been around for a while. Pretty funny they're actually starting to keep it as a legit stat :roll:

raprap
12-13-2015, 08:37 PM
I love it. Even after Kobe retires, people will continue to clown him with that stat. Good job good effort NBA :applause:

ShaqTwizzle
12-13-2015, 08:49 PM
This should become an official stat and remain so forever.

sundizz
12-13-2015, 10:38 PM
If you understand basketball you would know that the Kobe assist is actually a good thing (when done by Kobe). When done by imitators it is awful.

He was so good that teams would shade their entire defense to him. And predictably he would shoot anyways. This allowed teammates like Pau and Odom to become excellent offensive Rebounders.

In the playoffs u need this sort of predictability.

It is why Bron struggles. Some games he shoots a lot and some games he passes to a scrub to take an important shot. This leaves teammates confused about their role.

Exception was this last playoffs. He shot jacked like Kobe and the scrubs fit much better around him. They did excellent (made finals).

Andrei89
12-13-2015, 11:07 PM
Delonte west got lebron's mom to assist him with a few things...

^

Perhaps this guy is Mr Jabbar after all

And I am not talking about the goat himself, I am talking about that fat slob from his stepfather's basement

Prime_Shaq
12-13-2015, 11:28 PM
Do they really keep track of this? Where can I find the numbers?

stephanieg
12-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Who else gets coined a stat on missing buckets, Kobe :lol

Pretty sure it was originally the Iverson assist in the early 2000s, but I could be wrong.

LBJFTW
12-14-2015, 10:21 AM
^

And I am not talking about the goat himself, I am talking about that fat slob from his stepfather's basement

^ Why do posters who live in their grandmother's basement like Andrei89 poke fun at someone else who lives in his stepfather's basement as if it's somehow less laughable? :facepalm

tmacattack33
12-14-2015, 02:09 PM
no its not and if you understood basketball at all you would realize this

a "Kobe assist" is simply a shot that falls smoothly off the rim making it easier to rebound offensively. Instead of clanking the shot and having the rebound go further back - making it easier for the defense to rebound - a "Kobe assist" falls gently off the rim giving the bigs a better chance at rebounding the miss for an easy put-back

Actually, it is the total opposite :roll:

Usually, the defender is between the offensive player and the rim.

Which is why three pointers (more force on the ball creating a longer bounce of the rim) are easier to offensive rebound off of than short shots.

warriorfan
12-14-2015, 02:16 PM
^

no one cares about lebron anymore

get over it

BIG FURB
12-14-2015, 08:41 PM
Pretty sure it was originally the Iverson assist in the early 2000s, but I could be wrong.

yup

LAmbruh
12-05-2019, 02:33 AM
Is there an official NBA stat tracker for the kb12 assist?

SpaceJam2
12-05-2019, 02:40 AM

Definitley should be :lol

FultzNationRISE
12-05-2019, 03:14 AM

Not directly but if you look at the collective Win Shares of each team’s big men in meaningful games, it gives you an idea of how much their highest usage player is dishing Kobe dimes.

For instance if you look at Gasol leading his team in WinShare over a finals, you can work the math backward and reach the conclusion that Kobe shot 6-24 in Gm 7.

LAmbruh
12-05-2019, 06:05 AM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]Not directly but if you look at the collective Win Shares of each team

scuzzy
12-05-2019, 06:08 AM
From 2015 r/nba

https://i.postimg.cc/Cx2fpqRT/weKI2RJ.jpg

nayte
12-05-2019, 06:11 AM
The kobe assist is similar to the kobe while shooting trash in a bin. Cam we get some stats on who was more accurate ? Kobe or the office worker shooting paper. It would be a good analisys

scuzzy
12-05-2019, 06:24 AM
The kobe assist is similar to the kobe while shooting trash in a bin. Cam we get some stats on who was more accurate ? Kobe or the office worker shooting paper. It would be a good analisys

That's why office workers or mechanics yell Kobe while balling up trash for a low efficient hail mary, making other employees clean up balls of rubbish around the trash can.

High IQ employees with say a Lebron mentality, strategically finess their way to the trash bin for a high efficient bucket or hand it off to a coworker whose on their way to the paper shredder and make the right play.

nayte
12-05-2019, 06:32 AM
That's why office workers or mechanics yell Kobe while balling up trash for a low efficient hail mary, making other employees clean up balls of rubbish around the trash can.

High IQ employees with say a Lebron mentality, strategically finess their way to the trash bin for a high efficient bucket or hand it off to a coworker whose on their way to the paper shredder and make the right play.

Haha great analsys. I'm convinced . Still I shoot them like Jordan and hit a good percentage of those mid range paper shots. I'm not sure which is better

Laker4Lyfe
12-05-2019, 11:58 AM
ISH will never change I see. :lol