PDA

View Full Version : (from Reddit) Ricky Rubio has the lowest career FG% in the last 50 years...

Heavincent
12-14-2015, 03:05 PM
of any player with 5,000+ career minutes.

Zach Lavine is probably better at this point.

FKAri
12-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Dude's cursed. I don't get how someone can work that hard on their jumper and not get better than he is at it. When he was drafted it was taken as a given that he'd develop it. Rubio with a knockdown jumper is an all star.

Nick Young
12-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Zach Lavine is a great player.

And Rubio is a great PG. He plays solid D and runs his offense to perfection.

Think of him as a Jason Kidd type player who isn't as good as Jason Kidd.

dubeta
12-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Who has the lowest single season fg% in history attempting at least 15 shots????

Anyone know? :lol

Gus Hemmingway
12-14-2015, 03:16 PM
Who has the lowest single season fg% in history attempting at least 15 shots????

:lol :lol :lol

I<3NBA
12-14-2015, 03:17 PM
you must not watch the Wolves.

Wolves with Rubio are just better than with Lavine. watch them.

when Rubio goes to the bench and Lavine takes over, the opponent makes runs. it is seriously embarrassing watching Lavine turn over the ball half the time he goes down the court.

Levity
12-14-2015, 03:18 PM
of any player with 5,000+ career minutes.

Zach Lavine is probably better at this point.

better at scoring? yeah probably

but overall, rubio is still a much better player with a bigger impact.

Nick Young
12-14-2015, 03:18 PM
Lavine isn't a point guard so I don't know why they're playing him as a pointguard.

RRR3
12-14-2015, 03:23 PM
How is he shooting 85% on FTs, but can't reach even 38-40% from the floor? He's a career 81% shooter from the line...

Clifton
12-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Think of him as a Jason Kidd type player who isn't as good as Jason Kidd.
Kidd was much less of a scoring liability though.

If teams know that a player wants to do absolutely anything other than shoot the ball, that creates a disadvantage. And if it's a perimeter player whose primary impact is on the offensive end... it's a problem. He'd be able to create way more for his teammates if teams took him seriously as a scoring threat.

At least Rondo was an impact player on defense and deadly in the paint. Rubio is only OK at both.

imnew09
12-14-2015, 03:28 PM

your mom, on missing getting facial

HurricaneKid
12-14-2015, 03:33 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=1980&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&shoot_hand=&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&birth_state=&college_id=&draft_year=&is_active=&debut_yr_nba_start=&debut_yr_nba_end=&debut_yr_aba_start=&debut_yr_aba_end=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&award=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=fga_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=15&c2stat=fg_pct&c2comp=lt&c2val=.380&c3stat=g&c3comp=gt&c3val=20&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Take a look at the entire list.

The next lowest of any player taking 15fga/gm for at least 20 games since Bird/Magic came into the league is .374.

Kobe would need to hit the next 29 shots to get his 2015-16 season out of dead last place of any player any season since 1979. And if he got out of last place the person in dead last place would then be:

Kobe Bryant last year.

Gileraracer
12-14-2015, 03:34 PM

Lebron 2015 finals

FreezingTsmoove
12-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Kobe tore the dudes ACL leave him alone

Yeah he's done like Jabari Parker but that doesnt mean we should rag on the dude.

He would be a much better player without the injury

Euroleague
12-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Dude's cursed. I don't get how someone can work that hard on their jumper and not get better than he is at it. When he was drafted it was taken as a given that he'd develop it. Rubio with a knockdown jumper is an all star.

No it was not. I said here in this forum over and over he was a horrific jump shooter and he had zero scoring ability. And that he was not going to become good at it.

He had elite level coaching for YEARS in Spain.

The whole idea that somehow he would learn to shoot simply from coming to the NBA was 100% proof at the time that no NBA teams had ever actually seen him play, and that no NBA teams have a single iota of knowledge about European basketball or coaching.

Any person with even basic basketball knowledge, could watch ONE GAME of Rubio playing in Euroleague, and know that any team with him on it would always be playing 4 on 5 on offense.

The whole "Rubio was the best player in Europe" gimmick marketing shtick created by the NBA, is probably the single biggest insult and joke of propaganda in the history of world wide sports.

Dro
12-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Lebron 2015 finals
:lol

chocolatethunder
12-14-2015, 06:43 PM
Because it's just not that easy to become even a decent shooter. People always take for granted that someone will improve their jump shot but it's just not that easy and doesn't happen as often as people tend to think. Same with free throw shooting. You think Howard, Duncan and Shaq never worked on FTs? It's just not that easy. And just because player a has the capacity to improve doesn't mean that player b will regardless of how hard they work. I've never understood why people say "well his jumper will improve" becuase it doesn't happen all the time or even a majority of the time. And some players like Stauskas are excellent shooters in college and can't shoot a lick in the NBA (and before you say he's to slow to get his shot off, im pretty sure he's shooting the worst on his uncontested shots. He had shooting percentages that were comparable to or better than Mc Buckets had in college)

FKAri
12-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Because it's just not that easy to become even a decent shooter. People always take for granted that someone will improve their jump shot but it's just not that easy and doesn't happen as often as people tend to think. Same with free throw shooting. You think Howard, Duncan and Shaq never worked on FTs? It's just not that easy. And just because player a has the capacity to improve doesn't mean that player b will regardless of how hard they work. I've never understood why people say "well his jumper will improve" becuase it doesn't happen all the time or even a majority of the time. And some players like Stauskas are excellent shooters in college and can't shoot a lick in the NBA (and before you say he's to slow to get his shot off, im pretty sure he's shooting the worst on his uncontested shots. He had shooting percentages that were comparable to or better than Mc Buckets had in college)

I whole heartedly agree but this is often not weighted as heavily as it should when drafting.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Some of you are overlooking he's statistically one of the worst finishers in the NBA. I think I read a couple years ago he had the worst % in the key of all NBA players. Unless he improved over the last year-ish, that's probably part of the problem

There's more to FG% than a jumper. Although obviously not being a threat as a shooter doesn't help.

ProfessorMurder
12-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Kobe tore the dudes ACL leave him alone

Yeah he's done like Jabari Parker but that doesnt mean we should rag on the dude.

He would be a much better player without the injury
Is his acl in his arm?

warriorfan
12-14-2015, 11:53 PM
T-Wolves could of had the best shooter of all time

instead they picked the worst shooter of all time

:roll:

dubeta
12-15-2015, 12:23 AM
T-Wolves could of had the best shooter of all time

instead they picked the worst shooter of all time

:roll:

Klay wasnt available that draft

bobopenguin
12-15-2015, 01:24 AM
who has 0 minute played since the day he signed nba contract?
Embiid.

FreezingTsmoove
12-15-2015, 02:16 AM
Is his acl in his arm?

He lost a lot of speed

Akrazotile
12-15-2015, 04:14 AM

Well duh.

And Jordan with a big dick is Lebron.

But we can't have everything in life now can we?

dhsilv
12-15-2015, 05:25 AM

Ariel Maughan 24.1% on 15.75 fga per game.

dhsilv
12-15-2015, 05:26 AM
Kidd was much less of a scoring liability though.

If teams know that a player wants to do absolutely anything other than shoot the ball, that creates a disadvantage. And if it's a perimeter player whose primary impact is on the offensive end... it's a problem. He'd be able to create way more for his teammates if teams took him seriously as a scoring threat.

At least Rondo was an impact player on defense and deadly in the paint. Rubio is only OK at both.

Rubio is an impact defender...

dhsilv
12-15-2015, 05:28 AM
No it was not. I said here in this forum over and over he was a horrific jump shooter and he had zero scoring ability. And that he was not going to become good at it.

He had elite level coaching for YEARS in Spain.

The whole idea that somehow he would learn to shoot simply from coming to the NBA was 100% proof at the time that no NBA teams had ever actually seen him play, and that no NBA teams have a single iota of knowledge about European basketball or coaching.

Any person with even basic basketball knowledge, could watch ONE GAME of Rubio playing in Euroleague, and know that any team with him on it would always be playing 4 on 5 on offense.

The whole "Rubio was the best player in Europe" gimmick marketing shtick created by the NBA, is probably the single biggest insult and joke of propaganda in the history of world wide sports.

God you're an idiot. No nba team knows ANYTHING about european basketball? Are you freaking insane?

He was drafted at 18. Players change their games all the time at that freaking age. he's still a young guy, he can improve his shot STILL.

He also was NEVER and I mean EVER considered the best player in europe by anyone. Nobody with any credibility ever hinted at something that absurd. He was drafted as a damn KID!

seriously was is wrong with you?

dhsilv
12-15-2015, 05:34 AM
Well duh.

And Jordan with a big dick is Lebron.

But we can't have everything in life now can we?

does your boyfriend know you spend this much time talking about lebron?

dhsilv
12-15-2015, 05:39 AM

part of it is learning where you're naturally good. shooting coaches and the likes can help but you're right there's a limit there. The bigger part is learning how to do well. Rubio needs to learn how to for example finish at the rim even if he needs to learn some new moves.

The biggest issue is that players are spoiled and are generally lazy. When you make that kinda money, why keep working?

el gringos
12-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Lavine isn't a point guard so I don't know why they're playing him as a pointguard.
Because his highest ceiling is at point guard. They're trying to develop him instead of taking the easy way out. Play him on the wing and in 5 years you have iman shumpert

Euroleague
12-15-2015, 04:16 PM
God you're an idiot. No nba team knows ANYTHING about european basketball? Are you freaking insane?

He was drafted at 18. Players change their games all the time at that freaking age. he's still a young guy, he can improve his shot STILL.

He also was NEVER and I mean EVER considered the best player in europe by anyone. Nobody with any credibility ever hinted at something that absurd. He was drafted as a damn KID!

seriously was is wrong with you?

http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/gifs/commandowrong.gif