PDA

View Full Version : Spurs beasting again - up 27 with 3 min to halftime

90sgoat
12-14-2015, 10:33 PM
You keep talking about Curry.

This Spurs team is looking godly. Parker and Manu look fresh for first time in years, Kawhi is dominating on defense and now finding players with passing, LMA has found his role.

BlazerRed
12-14-2015, 10:37 PM
To be fair, the Jazz were in OT last night against the Thunder. You're right though, the Spurs are looking great.

T_L_P
12-14-2015, 10:38 PM
You keep talking about Curry.

This Spurs team is looking godly. Parker and Manu look fresh for first time in years, Kawhi is dominating on defense and now finding players with passing, LMA has found his role.

We've lost to like 4 of the 6 truly good teams we've played and we've had the easiest schedule in basketball.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Spurs are looking damn good, especially defensively, but 'godly' is a word that can only be associated with one team in the league right now - the other one you've mentioned in this thread.

Rob123
12-14-2015, 10:39 PM
Gotta give the edge to the Warriors but let's be real. Spurs vs. Warriors is going to be basketball heaven when it happens.

bdreason
12-14-2015, 10:40 PM
Spurs are the favorites. Won 9 of their last 11. Undefeated at home. Best defense in the league. And 2nd in the West despite their offense operating at about 70%.

90sgoat
12-14-2015, 10:40 PM
To be fair, the Jazz were in OT last night against the Thunder. You're right though, the Spurs are looking great.

Sure, but this Spurs team is just clicking. The last couple of seasons they've played great team ball but honestly lacking in talent (injured Parker, Manu, Splitter etc).

Now they play just as good team ball except they have two all star power forwards joined, an MVP and DPOY candidate in Kawhi, Parker looking better than in years, Manu looking better than in years.

This team could really be special when they peak. It's only 1/3rd in the season with a new guy in starting lineup.

Rob123
12-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Sure, but this Spurs team is just clicking. The last couple of seasons they've played great team ball but honestly lacking in talent (injured Parker, Manu, Splitter etc).

Now they play just as good team ball except they have two all star power forwards joined, an MVP and DPOY candidate in Kawhi, Parker looking better than in years, Manu looking better than in years.

This team could really be special when they peak. It's only 1/3rd in the season with a new guy in starting lineup.

Spurs peak after March. It's 2015 but I think now more than ever SPAM will be in full effect

Lebronxrings
12-14-2015, 10:43 PM
beat crap teams.

Then again so have gsw and okc. Weak ass western conference against weak competition.

Magic 32
12-14-2015, 10:48 PM
beat crap teams.

Then again so have gsw and okc. Weak ass western conference against weak competition.

That joke isn't going to survive the winter.

90sgoat
12-14-2015, 10:49 PM
The main difference here.

Spurs won their last ring with a 37 year old Duncan actually being asked to do meaningful scoring as well as anchoring the defense.

A Spurs which counted on Boris Diaw to be co-FMVP.

Boris Diaw is an afterthought now with the development of Kawhi. Duncan doesn't need to score now at all.

With LMA they now have a guy who can if needed create his own shot over shorter opponenets (looking at D.Green and Love).

AND they still have that motion offense with a rejuvenated Parker.

This Spurs team is massively better than previous years. The fact that LMA has from day one accepted his role and now seems to be thriving, is in itself pretty damn incredible.

:cheers:

WayOfWade
12-14-2015, 11:09 PM
Really hope the Jazz can turn it around after this. I was pretty sure coming in they were going to get absolutely murdered, but this is worse than murder. Jazz need Gobert badly, too bad we're still a good 6 weeks away from that happening

Lebronxrings
12-14-2015, 11:10 PM
That joke isn't going to survive the winter.
other than the top 3 the west sucks. No joke, no argument

90sgoat
12-14-2015, 11:10 PM
Really hope the Jazz can turn it around after this. I was pretty sure coming in they were going to get absolutely murdered, but this is worse than murder. Jazz need Gobert badly, too bad we're still a good 6 weeks away from that happening

Yes, when Hayward isn't on court they look like a tank team.

What about Exum when is he back.

WorldWarriors
12-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Whoa 37 Pt beatdown. Gobert still out? Spurs looking real dominant right now. This is getting interesting.

WorldWarriors
12-15-2015, 12:09 AM
Oh ok. This answered my question. Gobert still out.

Cocaine80s
12-15-2015, 12:11 AM
Spurs are the favorites. Won 9 of their last 11. Undefeated at home. Best defense in the league. And 2nd in the West despite their offense operating at about 70%.
Yup, its Cavs-Spurs in the finals this year imo

rmt
12-15-2015, 12:38 AM
Regular season is no indication for the Spurs. 2013 - they beat all the contenders and lost in the Finals. 2014 - they couldn't beat any contender and went on to win. It's been an easy schedule so far - only OKC (the first game) which they lost.

Spurs m8
12-15-2015, 01:48 AM
Oh ok. This answered my question. Gobert still out.

Remember in 2014 when you all cried about us not beating 'good teams' in the reg season?

I do.

Look what happened, you little bitches

Xiao Yao You
12-15-2015, 09:55 AM
Yes, when Hayward isn't on court they look like a tank team.

What about Exum when is he back.

Look like a tank team even with Hayward. Gobert is the one that makes them competitive.

WorldWarriors
12-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Remember in 2014 when you all cried about us not beating 'good teams' in the reg season?

I do.

Look what happened, you little bitches No I don't remember because that never happened. I have no idea what you're talking about. Not sure who you're trying to call out or even wtf you're trying to say. :D

DMAVS41
12-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Regular season is no indication for the Spurs. 2013 - they beat all the contenders and lost in the Finals. 2014 - they couldn't beat any contender and went on to win. It's been an easy schedule so far - only OKC (the first game) which they lost.

Yea, but they fell apart in the finals.

Parker was pretty terrible...and he and Danny pretty much just choked horribly the last two games.

I mean...7/30 shooting in game 6 and 4/24 shooting in game 7

Just not gonna close out a good team with 2 key players playing that badly. Parker and Green playing that badly in two closeout games is often overlooked here.

If Parker or Green is just decent in either of those two games...the Spurs win pretty easily imo

So it's not like they just ran up against a better team and didn't have it or something....Parker/Green just played as bad as possible in the two biggest games of the year

LONGTIME
12-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Remember when they went on that long win streak going into the playoffs dominated the first two rounds and then got backdoor swept by the Thunder? Yeah :oldlol:

rmt
12-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Remember when they went on that long win streak going into the playoffs dominated the first two rounds and then got backdoor swept by the Thunder? Yeah :oldlol:

OKC big men played out of their minds in that one game - some ungodly 21/23? - unlikely to happen again. OKC's athleticism always gives SAS problems and GSW looms LARGE.

r0drig0lac
12-15-2015, 03:55 PM

good times, when San Antonio had Matt Bonner and Gary Neal playing regular minutes and OKC had Durant, Westbrook and Harden, this is not happening again

aquaadverse
12-15-2015, 05:09 PM
It's freaking December.