PDA

View Full Version : How long before Floyd Mayweather files for bankruptcy?

stalkerforlife
12-15-2015, 06:50 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/29/floyd-mayweather-jr-buys-million-dollar-watch-diamonds/

Dude just bought a 1.1 million dollar watch. He spent 400,000 more in that same Dubai mall.

He has a deep void inside of him that can only be filled with the spirit of Christ, but he's trying to fill it with insane spending.

He'll be out of retirement quick at this pace.

Godzuki
12-15-2015, 06:59 PM
for as long as he continues to rape boxing fans into buying his lame ppv's. his assets and promotions company will probably last him another 10 years after retirement relative to his spending habits. his baby mama's will probably take a good chunk, now and in the future.

he'll be broke by age 50~ :pimp:

Draz
12-15-2015, 07:08 PM
What's his worth?

warriorfan
12-15-2015, 07:12 PM
if anything sinks him its his gambling

DonDadda59
12-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Before the Pacquiao fight, given his ridiculous spending habits and obvious gambling addiction (his manager had to put him on an allowance like a child :lol ), I would've said 15 years or so.

But for Manny he made about $220 million in one night.

You have to work very hard to lose that much money in a short period of time. But Tyson lost $300 mil in no time... so who knows?

Depends on who he let's in his inner circle and who is looking out for his best interest. During his last retirement he was fleeced Madoff style out of millions.

Akrazotile
12-15-2015, 07:13 PM
for as long as he continues to rape boxing fans into buying his lame ppv's. his assets and promotions company will probably last him another 10 years after retirement relative to his spending habits. his baby mama's will probably take a good chunk, now and in the future.

he'll be broke by age 50~ :pimp:

Exactly this.

RedAndBlackAttack funding Money May's next beach house up in here.

Akrazotile
12-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Before the Pacquiao fight, given his ridiculous spending habits and obvious gambling addiction (his manager had to put him on an allowance like a child :lol ), I would've said 15 years or so.

But for Manny he made about $220 million in one night.

You have to work very hard to lose that much money in a short period of time. But Tyson lost $300 mil in no time... so who knows?

Depends on who he let's in his inner circle and who is looking out for his best interest. During his last retirement he was fleeced Madoff style out of millions.

Cut that in half with taxes, promo team fees, lawyer fees, agent fees etc. though

Draz
12-15-2015, 07:15 PM
His exotic garage will be the death of him too.

~primetime~
12-15-2015, 07:16 PM
I have to say....that is a pretty fckin dope watch

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/37871206.jpg

I mean, it does look like a million $ watch

senelcoolidge
12-15-2015, 07:19 PM
He will have to come out of retirement and lose fights when it's all said and done. He'll be broke too.

DonDadda59
Cut that in half with taxes, promo team fees, lawyer fees, agent fees etc. though

Leaves him with a paltry $110 million in one night.

How ever will he feed his children? :(

Akrazotile
I have to say....that is a pretty fckin dope watch

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/37871206.jpg

I mean, it does look like a million $ watch

It's a great looking watch. And if someone that rich bought stuff like that on occasion, it's perfectly understandable.

But at the end of the day, Mayweather is a dumb child. Spending is ALL he has. No interest in anything but the base validation of showing off his wealth. No ideas, no purpose in life, no passions, hes just a fool with a lot of money. That fool and his money will soon part.

highwhey
12-15-2015, 07:20 PM
I was i was just rich enough to wear new briefs and socks and undershirts everyday. I always lose them in laundry :facepalm

~primetime~
12-15-2015, 07:22 PM
It's a great looking watch. And if someone that rich bought stuff like that on occasion, it's perfectly understandable.

But at the end of the day, Mayweather is a dumb child. Spending is ALL he has. No interest in anything but the base validation of showing off his wealth. No ideas, no purpose in life, no passions, hes just a fool with a lot of money. That fool and his money will soon part.
It's definitely possible

Mike Tyson blew $300m

Floyd just 299 more watches away from doing the same thing.

TommyGriffin
12-15-2015, 07:23 PM

https://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/16501f6cedeab9c2d0b956c8139516d3/860%2520-%2520animated_macro%2520autoplay_gif%2520david_otu nga%2520gif%2520wwe%2520you_mad.gif

highwhey
12-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Leaves him with a paltry $110 million in one night.

How ever will he feed his children? :(
He also just bought a 4mill car tho. The guy is making large purchases that are eating up his wealth. I mean he could go ape and buy a yacht and bye bye money

Draz
12-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Only $1 million? If I was that rich I'd want a $10 million dollar watch. Something no one has. Foh. I'd be broke by five years time but no body can't have that watch.

BTW Oprah probably shits watches out like that

Draz
12-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Bill Gates shits on everyone. He'd make Mayweather look like a homeless.

I do like floyds house tho. Yall seen it? Shit fire.

highwhey
12-15-2015, 07:27 PM
Bill Gates shits on everyone. He'd make Mayweather look like a homeless.

I do like floyds house tho. Yall seen it? Shit fire.
You hit the blunt early today bruh?

DonDadda59
12-15-2015, 07:30 PM
He also just bought a 4mill car tho. The guy is making large purchases that are eating up his wealth. I mean he could go ape and buy a yacht and bye bye money

Wouldn't surprise me. Dude has compulsive tendencies with his money. Like I said before he has a clear serious gambling problem, he was swindled out of $30 million already a few years ago, he lost $7 million in jewelry.

As a grown man and the highest paid athlete on Earth, he had to be put on an allowance. :lol

He's obviously not good with money in the least. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost it all 5, 10, 15 years from now. But he does have plenty of it right now.

~primetime~
12-15-2015, 07:30 PM
If his $300m is invested even modestly, then he would be making 5% on it which equates to $15m a year in salary.

He spend $15m every year the rest of his life and still die with $300m. He has 3 kids, each cold inherit $100m when he dies and THEY could make $5m a year doing nothing. Then his grandkids could inherit millions...and it could set everyone up in his tree for many generations. That is the power of that type of wealth.

Sadly, he probably doesn't have this simple midset.

highwhey
12-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. Dude has compulsive tendencies with his money. Like I said before he has a clear serious gambling problem, he was swindled out of $30 million already a few years ago, he lost $7 million in jewelry.

As a grown man and the highest paid athlete on Earth, he had to be put on an allowance. :lol

He's obviously not good with money in the least. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost it all 5, 10, 15 years from now. But he does have plenty of it right now.
Allowance? That is sad.

DonDadda59
12-15-2015, 07:55 PM
For some reason I see Mayweather more than just a boxer/celebrity, he seems more like a "brand" to me. That's the difference between him and Tyson, Antoine, Hammer and all of the other $100+ millionaires who went broke.

And because I see him being a brand I doubt he actually spends him own money. He might not be able to read a book but he's definitely business smart. Born into the industry, pretty much knows the business inside out, so I'm sure he saw hundreds of boxers who went broke first-hand.

How is Floyd more of a brand than Tyson? :biggums:

Floyd has no endorsements or any merchandise with his name attached to it.

Allowance? That is sad.

It was necessary. He lost $30 million to a swindler named 'Big Willie' :lol , claimed someone stole $7 million of jewelry from him, and was spending exorbitant amounts of material things and gambling during his last 'retirement'.

So his manager put him on an allowance. Don't know if it's still in place. But when Floyd and 50 Cent were having their lovers' quarrel, 50 aired out his dirty laundry.

"Al Haymen got you on a Allowance, you go broke every fight stupid."

Draz
12-15-2015, 08:25 PM
You hit the blunt early today bruh?
About to hit that shit in a few fam

Levity
12-15-2015, 08:33 PM
sick watch. i wonder if he can read it.

SugarHill
12-15-2015, 08:39 PM
hella accountants and pocket watchers in this thread

DonDadda59
12-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Mayweather Promotions. I don't think Tyson had his own promotion when he was boxing, he was under Don King.

He took in like $200+ million for one single fight!!! The guy knows how to brand himself.

Most Boxers have their own promotional companies. Floyd fought under Top Rank and Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotion for most of his career, even when he had Mayweather Promotions. Tyson had one recently too. But Tyson has always had endorsements, his own video game, now his own TV show, he does movies, etc.

Floyd was the highest paid athlete on the planet but he didn't make a dime off of endorsements. He doesn't lend his likeness to games. Has no real interests financially outside of jewelry.

His brand is strictly linked to what he does in the ring. Mike Tyson was and still is a cultural phenomena beyond fighting.

Godzuki
12-15-2015, 09:01 PM
Most Boxers have their own promotional companies. Floyd fought under Top Rank and Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotion for most of his career, even when he had Mayweather Promotions. Tyson had one recently too. But Tyson has always had endorsements, his own video game, now his own TV show, he does movies, etc.

Floyd was the highest paid athlete on the planet but he didn't make a dime off of endorsements. He doesn't lend his likeness to games. Has no real interests financially outside of jewelry.

His brand is strictly linked to what he does in the ring. Mike Tyson was and still is a cultural phenomena beyond fighting.

mike tyson punchout = the goat boxing game :bowdown:

Wally450
12-15-2015, 10:47 PM
I say he doesn't.

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Exactly this.

RedAndBlackAttack funding Money May's next beach house up in here.
WTF? :oldlol:

What did I do? I've bought, like, one or two PPVs in the last five years.

DonDadda59
12-16-2015, 12:04 AM

But they were Mayweather PPVs weren't they?! :rant

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2015, 12:11 AM
But they were Mayweather PPVs weren't they?! :rant

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/869458/apache-o.gif

DonDadda59
12-16-2015, 12:15 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/869458/apache-o.gif

:lol

Random_Guy
12-16-2015, 01:44 AM
Soon, sooner then you expect, contrary to popular believe you don't go broke through habits like taking drugs, or even extravagant spending because at the end of the day they can still to a lesser extent be liquidated back into monetary assets. You do however go broke through gambling and people around you telling you how to invest, both of which I'm sure mayweather has quite a lot around him. In truth when you are mayweather rich, and mayweather stupid, you invest your money into a portfolio of treasury, small percentage into real asset and the rest into savings thats it. You go for the sure annuity, because you are otherwise too stupid and will lose all of it.

tomtucker
12-16-2015, 07:25 AM
how did he get so rich, does anybody watch boxing these days ?........i believed it was over when tyson retired .........and pay money to see a fight ? :facepalm

dunksby
12-16-2015, 07:44 AM

You should go buy chick fighting PPVs, like all the cool estrogen filled men:

http://i.imgur.com/lTJcxZV.gif