PDA

View Full Version : Shumpert suffers groin injury. Expected to miss at least 1 game.

Spaulding
12-16-2015, 03:54 AM
Just his second game back from surgery and he's injured again. Can we get a 100 percent healthy Cavs team at all this season?

After having him back for two games, the Cleveland Cavaliers will again be without Iman Shumpert.

According to ESPN's Dave McMenamin, Shumpert has already been ruled out Thursday's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder due to the groin injury he suffered in Tuesday night's win against the Boston Celtics. Shumpert left the game and headed back to the locker room during the fourth quarter and didn't return...

http://www.fearthesword.com/2015/12/15/10264626/iman-shumpert-out-vs-thunder-due-groin-injury

1987_Lakers
12-16-2015, 04:04 AM
Sucks for the Cavs that both Irving & Shumpert are injury prone.

SpaceJam
12-16-2015, 04:07 AM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3sh33uWay1r950llo1_500.jpg

At the time he didn't know he'd end up being team-mates with Shumpert. The curse doesn't stop

bdreason
12-16-2015, 04:24 AM
Sucks for the Cavs that both Irving & Shumpert are injury prone.

About a 1% chance that Irving, Shumpert, and Love are all healthy come playoff time. And they're in a position to coast. Imagine if these guys had to battle for 82 game to make the playoffs.

GIF REACTION
12-16-2015, 04:27 AM
About a 1% chance that Irving, Shumpert, and Love are all healthy come playoff time. And they're in a position to coast. Imagine if these guys had to battle for 82 game to make the playoffs.
You seen what it takes to make the 8 in the west this season?

#Nicetry

!@#$%Vectors!@#
12-16-2015, 04:58 AM
You seen what it takes to make the 8 in the west this season?

#Nicetry

i like u but y are u such a douche to non cavs fans?

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2015, 12:01 PM
The team currently in 10th place in the East would be battling for a top four seed in the meat grinder West. :oldlol:

imdaman99
12-16-2015, 12:02 PM
The team currently in 10th place in the East would be battling for a top four seed in the meat grinder West. :oldlol:
Imagine if you actually believed that's how it would be the entire season :oldlol:

I loved Shump but his inconsistency and injuries annoyed the hell out of me. Basically turned him from a potential #2 to Melo to a role player.

Lebronxrings
12-16-2015, 01:23 PM
useless trash. :facepalm

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Imagine if you actually believed that's how it would be the entire season :oldlol:

I loved Shump but his inconsistency and injuries annoyed the hell out of me. Basically turned him from a potential #2 to Melo to a role player.
The West actually looks really bad outside of the top four and I am not sure it is going to turn around any time soon. You have one really top tier team from last year in Houston that just looks completely hopeless. Memphis is another of the teams that has helped the West gain superiority over the last few years and they look completely average. New Orleans was supposed to be a team on the rise to help fill the void left by some of the former elite WC teams like Portland and the Pels are one of the worst teams in the league.

Phoenix, Utah.... teams that people expected to deepen the conference, both look totally mediocre at best.

In order to think that things are going to dramatically change between now and the end of the season, those teams are going to have to turn things around. Are you confident in that?

It is easy to just assume the conference is as it was, but when you go through the teams, it actually looks kind of bleak beyond the top.

The West is top heavy and the East is more balanced... that's how I think the season will play out.

As for Shump, his inconsistencies have not been a problem, only the injuries. Then again, we are asking a lot less of him than the Knicks probably did. He is a really good perimeter defender... one of the best in the league, imo. That and knocking down open jumpers is all we need from him.

bdreason
12-16-2015, 03:47 PM
The West 4-8 seeds have definitely regressed. That doesn't change the fact that the East is still a one-horse race. At least the West has 3 true title contenders, which means that the regular season, and playoff seeding actually matters. Cavs could coast to a 4 seed and still be the overwhelming favorites.

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2015, 04:49 PM
The West 4-8 seeds have definitely regressed. That doesn't change the fact that the East is still a one-horse race. At least the West has 3 true title contenders, which means that the regular season, and playoff seeding actually matters. Cavs could coast to a 4 seed and still be the overwhelming favorites.
It's easy to forget that a healthier Cavs team than the one that swept Atlanta and played in The Finals was a LeBron buzzer-beater away from being down 3-1 to Chicago in the second round. That series was a real grind, physically and mentally. Several guys on both teams ended up getting hurt at some point in that extremely physical series.

The West is definitely more talented at the top of the conference, but the Cavs didn't waltz to The Finals quite as easily last year as most people think and I doubt it will happen this year in an improved conference, with teams like the Pacers and Heat making a big jump and now in the homecourt mix.

ArbitraryWater
12-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Once again, I don't see much in the Heat.. expected more out of them, but without LeBron ball there's not much happening there right now.

The West 1-4 is easily better than the East, but the East 1-8, 9 even 10, is deeper and has much more playoff teams so to speak.

smoovegittar
12-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Shumpert better keep working on that rap game.

RedBlackAttack
12-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Once again, I don't see much in the Heat.. expected more out of them, but without LeBron ball there's not much happening there right now.

The West 1-4 is easily better than the East, but the East 1-8, 9 even 10, is deeper and has much more playoff teams so to speak.
Right. That's what I'm saying.

You look at the East from top to bottom and, aside from the Sixers and maybe the Nets, there isn't really a terrible team.

The rest of the bottom of the conference currently consists of the Wizards, Bucks, Knicks, Hawks and Pistons. Those are the kind of teams that -- ok, you aren't necessarily going to fear -- but they are good enough to beat elite teams on the right night and aren't always just going to be overwhelmed by talent.

The West is still clearly better at the top, minus the Cavs presumably. But, between recent trades, teams getting healthier, and just a result of being high in the lottery over time, the evening out of the conferences has begun.

I mean, think of where we were at this time last year... people talking about realigning the playoff format to account for the perceived massive disparity in talent from one conference to the other.

This year, if the playoffs were to begin today under a non-conference system, these would be the playoff pairings...

(1) Golden State Warriors vs. (16) Atlanta Hawks
(8) Miami Heat vs. (9) Indiana Pacers

(5) Chicago Bulls vs. (11) Boston Celtics
(4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs. (12) Orlando Magic

(3) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (14) Memphis Grizzlies
(6) Toronto Raptors vs. (13) Dallas Mavericks

(7) Charlotte Hornets vs. (10) Los Angeles Clippers
(2) San Antonio vs. (15) Detroit Pistons

I count 6 Western Conference teams and 10 Eastern Conference teams among the Top 16 in the league. Yes, things are likely to get shuffled up between now and the end of the year, but 25 games is not a tiny sample size.

The Warriors, Spurs and Cavs have taken their place at the top, which most people figured. What has been surprising is the depth of the Eastern Conference. I think we're at a point in the season where we can say that much... and it is good for the league.

DMAVS41
12-16-2015, 08:37 PM
There is no doubt that the East has been better than the West so far this season.

The Warriors and Spurs are clearly the two best teams, but outside of that...the East has been far more competitive and clearly deeper.

About time...hopefully it keeps up all season so we get a somewhat interesting Eastern playoffs.

Cocaine80s
12-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Ok so hes out one game and people act like Shumpert has no chance of being healthy for the playoffs :oldlol: