PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard to the Hawks

JohnnyBravo5
12-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Via Rick Kamla of NBAtv. He says it's imminent according to a source.

Horford, Mike Scott and Sheldon Mack

FreezingTsmoove
12-16-2015, 01:21 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Al Horford is one of the best Centers in the game

And Dwight brings fear to Bron and has beat him in the past

Great trade, great trade

And how in the Sam Hell is Mike Scott not in jail after getting caught with all that ****ing weight in the summer :biggums:

MMM
12-16-2015, 01:26 PM
terrible deal for Atl

:biggums:

atljonesbro
12-16-2015, 01:29 PM
:durantunimpressed: :whatever:

Levity
12-16-2015, 01:32 PM
is he really saying that? id imagine theres a bit of credibility behind those reports then.

JohnnyBravo5
12-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Horford is going to want a huge deal, I wouldn't pay it . The 2 PF system is killing us.

JohnnyBravo5
12-16-2015, 01:33 PM
is he really saying that? id imagine theres a bit of credibility behind those reports then.
Kamla does local radio here at 92.9 The Game

Orlando Magic
12-16-2015, 01:43 PM
hah!

game3524
12-16-2015, 01:44 PM
Atlanta got worse

Clifton
12-16-2015, 01:44 PM
Hawks ball was fun, but you can't win a title with it.

With this trade, Hawks become something more like Dwight's Magic and less like the Warriors. Which is a better template for success. Only the Warriors could be successful doing what they're doing. Hawks don't have the talent to go against conventional wisdom as hard as they do. You need a center.

I wish they could find a way to keep Horford though. Millsap isn't nearly as good a fit with Dwight. The ball won't move around as well as it did with Horford.

For those boo-hooing the trade, this automatically gets them to the conference finals. The Hawks as currently constructed stand a chance of losing to anyone come playoff time, and stand NO chance to win a title. With this trade, they've got an outside shot at one.

Orlando Magic
12-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Dwight will probably beast mode for a few games to try to prove a point and then return to his normal self of having certain games where he's dominant offensively and then others where he's a huge offensive liability... which will lead to his teammates freezing him out to an extent until he whines and demands another trade because the Hawks suck.

Quote this post for 2-3 years down the road.

T_L_P
12-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Yeah, pretty sure this isn't true.

Truth
12-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Dwight will probably beast mode for a few games to try to prove a point and then return to his normal self of having certain games where he's dominant offensively and then others where he's a huge offensive liability... which will lead to his teammates freezing him out to an extent until he whines and demands another trade because the Hawks suck.

Truth

Derka
12-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Good trade for the Rockets. I'm skeptical that Dwight doesn't complain no matter where he goes at this stage.

Clifton
12-16-2015, 01:47 PM

Disagree. They have a good coach, who comes from the Spurs, which was able to succeed at Hawkball (3s, spacing, ball movement, drive and kick) while at the same time involving Duncan.

Dwight's coach in Houston only knew how to tell his perimeter players to shoot 3s. Mike B. seems like he will be able to adapt to anything and bring the most out of his players.

24-Inch_Chrome
12-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Yeah, pretty sure this isn't true.
This.

Need proof.

Orlando Magic
12-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Disagree. They have a good coach, who comes from the Spurs, which was able to succeed at Hawkball (3s, spacing, ball movement, drive and kick) while at the same time involving Duncan.

Dwight's coach in Houston only knew how to tell his perimeter players to shoot 3s. Mike B. seems like he will be able to adapt to anything and bring the most out of his players.

I really don't care if you disagree because I watched him in Orlando which was when he was at his best, and he followed the same trend in LA and in Houston as what I outlined in my previous post, but he just wasn't as good of a player in LA due to injury and Houston due to age and because McHale is no Stan Van Gundy. Even if the Hawks utilize him as well as SVG did, this isn't 2009 anymore.

When do you think Dwight was his most successful individually? When Orlando was jacking up 3s, had 4 guys on the court that could shoot the 3 and provide Dwight with some massive amount of spacing to operate down low.

If the paint gets crowded at all, he's done. If he gets a guy on him with some lower body strength, he's done.

Whatever you want to believe is what you'll believe, but I'm telling you that you're wrong.

Dwight had 1 or 2 years where he was a MVP caliber player and those days are gone regardless of his supporting cast. He could potentially return to DPOY status though if he really wanted it, but he's always been more vocally concerned with offensive touches than anything else.

HOoopCityJones
12-16-2015, 02:00 PM

The media, ISH and fans alike were saying similar shit when he left my Lakers for The Rockets.

"Mchale is such a better Coach than Mike D'antoni" :lol

Truth of the matter is, Dwight is top tier paint defender with good offense, he always looks like a great get until he checks out on that ass. Laker fans, Rockets fans, now Hawks fans, it makes no difference, anyone would get excited by such a get, but it doesn't change who Dwight Howard is as a professional.

Even when they were doing everything he asked in Orlando he was still being very difficult right up until they traded him.

imnew09
Dwight was at his "best" when he played at the Weak EAST. Def should go back before sending him to D league

ShawkFactory
I wouldn't want him.

DoctorP
12-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Both teams needed to shake it up... I'm not sure how I feel about this for ATL but Houston is going to love Horford.

If the trade even goes down.

Real Men Wear Green
12-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Orlando Dwight Howard would put ATL near the top of the EC. But the Howard we've seen these last few years? 12.6 ppg right now? I think he can score more than that but still, that was a shock when I first looked it up. Al Horford is actually scoring more points.

JohnnyBravo5
12-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Orlando Dwight Howard would put ATL near the top of the EC. But the Howard we've seen these last few years? 12.6 ppg right now? I think he can score more than that but still, that was a shock when I first looked it up. Al Horford is actually scoring more points.

We need him more for rebounding and and defense.

SCdac
12-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Haven't heard much about it outside of rumors. I agree that Atlanta despite how well they played last season and now under Coach Bud kinda need to shake it up. Not a huge Howard fan personally but he's typically consistent at least in the rebounding and shot blocking department.

Real Men Wear Green
12-16-2015, 02:55 PM
We need him more for rebounding and and defense.
That could lead to improvement but he should be scoring around 20 ppg and yet he's around 12.6. They better make better use of him on offense because it's hard to be paying max to a guy that doesn't average 15 points.

Levity
12-16-2015, 02:56 PM
if horford is available, id dangle him in front of MIA too, to see if they would bite on him for whiteside.

a bosh/horford duo is a unique front court

JohnnyBravo5
12-16-2015, 02:58 PM
The problem is Tiago has given us nothing

$LakerGold
12-16-2015, 03:00 PM
OP, redeem yourself.

$LakerGold
12-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Dwight would so much be in a better situation if he just accepts a lesser role. Imagine a team with Dwight as a 3rd-4th option. It's time, Dwight.

LA dodged a f*cking bullet -- I'm actually happy &/or ecstatic with Clarkson, D'Angelo & Randle.

90sgoat
12-16-2015, 03:05 PM
The problem is Tiago has given us nothing

Splitter is a bum and I called it during Spurs playoff runs, everyone was letting the shine from Duncan fool them into thinking Splitter could play. He is one of the worst offensive players in the game and vastly overrated defender.

Orlando Magic
12-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Dwight would so much be in a better situation if he just accepts a lesser role. Imagine a team with Dwight as a 3rd-4th option. It's time, Dwight.

LA dodged a f*cking bullet -- I'm actually happy &/or ecstatic with Clarkson, D'Angelo & Randle.

Cavs. If he legitimately accepted just playing a D and grabbing lobs / doing putbacks and he gave it his all... the Cavs would literally rape every team ever. However, that's not going to happen, so whatever.

DoctorP
12-16-2015, 03:07 PM
if horford is available, id dangle him in front of MIA too, to see if they would bite on him for whiteside.

a bosh/horford duo is a unique front court

The Heat will be back to struggling with rebounding but it's an intriguing team-up.

$LakerGold
12-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Cavs. If he legitimately accepted just playing a D and grabbing lobs / doing putbacks and he gave it his all... the Cavs would literally rape every team ever. However, that's not going to happen, so whatever.
I know, right? Will he be eligible for a sign & trade?

Haymaker
12-16-2015, 03:20 PM

For TT straight up? :eek:

$LakerGold
12-16-2015, 03:22 PM
For TT straight up? :eek:
:coleman:

3peated
12-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Good trade for the Rockets. I'm skeptical that Dwight doesn't complain no matter where he goes at this stage.

the guards on this team aren't selfish. that's what he doesn't like. a guard who is a bigger name than him.

jeff teague..kyle korver..shroeder...none of those guys are finna let their ego get in the way of the game, i think it would be a great fit since he would be the ideal #1 option, maybe #2 cuz millsap is a beast.

i like the trade. helps both squads.

Milbuck
12-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Calling bullshit. Why am I not seeing this anywhere else?

IncarceratedBob
12-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Looking like a done deal, just popped up on SportsCenter

HurricaneKid
12-16-2015, 03:33 PM

Yeah that 60% FG shooting with elite defense would be so out of place in Purple and Gold.

Much better to go with horrific defenders that shoot .408 and .429 (and Clarkson might be shooting adequately but was the worst DRAPM PG in the league last year).

HurricaneKid
12-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Horford is an unrestricted free agent this offseason. He is going to get 5/150 all day. If he is giving any indication he isn't going to resign, or if those pec injuries aren't fully healed, well this would be quite a haul for him.

Mr. Jabbar
12-16-2015, 03:36 PM
People still don't learn, he is useless..A net minus.

$LakerGold
12-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Yeah that 60% FG shooting with elite defense would be so out of place in Purple and Gold.

Much better to go with horrific defenders that shoot .408 and .429 (and Clarkson might be shooting adequately but was the worst DRAPM PG in the league last year).
Lol.

There are rooms for improvement.
JC was a rookie last year.
Dwight's no longer a part of their long-term plan. Dwight wants to be a franchise player, somewhat fails in Houston.
By the time LA gets the right pieces together, Dwight will be in his early 30s & I am not so sure if they'd be willing to build around Dwight & it shows why - now. Dwight saved LA. If they hadn't tanked, the Lakers would be stuck with a declining Dwight & possibly Melo. & since they would literally have nobody aside from the big 3, their bench would suffer.
Three promising young players who could be a trade asset in the near future while Dwight's being shipped over to the Hawks.
Dwight's running out of time. Would love to see him in a Cavs jersey next season.

10 years of Randle, JC & D'Angelo's prime is much brighter than Dwight's last 5 years (if Dwight chooses to still be the #1 option).

Purely speculation, but there are truths to this. So forget stats when there are other important aspects of the game.

LoneyROY7
12-16-2015, 03:57 PM
F*ck that. Would actually make the Rockets better.

qrich
12-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Stupid for Atlanta, though, Dwight/Milsap front court :eek:

Genaro
12-16-2015, 04:20 PM
I think the Hawks are giving up too much in this scenario. Horford (All Star PF/C) + some useful reserves for a washed up Dwight who is also a team chemistry killer and could opt out in the end of the season.I guess they're counting on him to get back to his Magic days witch I think he won't.

But maybe it's worth the shot since right now I don't see this Hawks team taking the next step.

JohnnySic
12-16-2015, 04:22 PM
So did this happen? Nothing on ESPN...

DrakeTheSnake
12-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Seems legit :D

VengefulAngel
12-16-2015, 04:27 PM
So did this happen? Nothing on ESPN...

No big news network have picked it up, just a rumour at the moment and should be treated that way until I see Dwight in a Hawks uniform.

Levity
12-16-2015, 04:32 PM
i tried googling it to see if any small name website tried reporting it to be "first" on the scene, and all i could find was a rumored trade for howard to ATL for teague and splitter....

thanks for nothing, realtytoday.com :lol

IllegalD
12-16-2015, 04:42 PM
bs unsubstantiated rumor.

Lock this thread.

MP.Trey
12-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I refuse to think ATL's front office is this boneheaded. Can't see this deal going down.

alanLA92
12-16-2015, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't do this trade if I were the Hawks. Might be going nowhere this year as is but will prob be worse with Howard. Not to mention he would prob leave in the offseason anyways.

Fallen Angel
12-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Why is everyone in this thread so shook? Are you all okay?