PDA

View Full Version : Chef Curry or Wade all time?

stalkerforlife
12-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Chef Curry is the greatest shooter of all time and is currently having a better season than Wade's ever had. Wade has two more titles, but he had to win them with a possibly fixed NBA finals alongside Shaq and also Bran/Bosh. Curry won a title without a fellow hall of famer, much less a current superstar.

Wade's a jack of all trades.

Curry's a master at shooting/scoring and a jack of all other trades.

I got Curry ahead of Wade all time due to leading one of the greatest teams in NBA history to a title without a fellow HOF player on the team.

warriorfan
12-16-2015, 07:50 PM
Wade needed multiple Hall of Famers to win.

Curry won with zero Hall of Fame team mates.

DoctorP
12-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Wade... for now.

WorldWarriors
12-16-2015, 07:56 PM
Before this season I would have said Wade in a heart beat. Love that guy. But Curry is showing me a lot.

TBD

feyki
12-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Trolls everywhere .

derb2k2
12-16-2015, 08:01 PM
ahaha hilarious thread with blatant trolling to boot. :oldlol:

GrapeApe
Prisoner of the moment much? Wade's career averages over 12+ seasons are comparable to Curry's MVP season. He was also a SIGNIFICANTLY better defender. Wade has better numbers, more individual accolades, and more championships. We can revisit this down the road, but right now it's not close in terms of career.

Also, OP credits Curry for winning without a HOFer, yet Curry didn't even win FMVP. The 2015 Warriors without Curry > the 2006 Heat without Wade.

ArbitraryWater
now? Wade

In 5 years? Chef Curry

Nuff Said
12-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Curry didn't win fmvp and wade didn't win with any hof'ers either.

mehyaM24
12-16-2015, 09:01 PM
if curry continues this level of play, winning another championship (and this time, a finals mvp) - he will already be considered greater imo.

better?
steph curry this season > any version of wade

DaOldLion
12-16-2015, 09:19 PM

:biggums: :biggums:

Wally450
12-16-2015, 09:22 PM
The guy who won Finals MVP despite playing with a Hall of Famer.

greatest-ever
12-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Already putting Curry ahead of Wade all time is utter nonsense. He has about 1 1/3 seasons that are comparable to Wade's prime. Even if you think this version of Curry is better, that's fine but it's only been 25 games, he doesn't get to pass Wade from just a season and a half of all time level basketball.

He can pass Wade, but it will take several more quality seasons to do so.

24-Inch_Chrome
12-16-2015, 09:25 PM
Wade.

Also, you have the audacity to talk about a series being "fixed"? 2002 WCF.

Wade's Rings
12-16-2015, 09:44 PM
Both > Kobe

Lebronxrings
12-16-2015, 09:47 PM
both were second options but curry didn't sabotage his team in the finals even with iggy winning fmvp.

WayOfWade
12-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Stalker, I like you but this is too much

FKAri
12-16-2015, 11:27 PM
2009 Wade > Curry will ever be

GrapeApe
12-16-2015, 11:27 PM
both were second options but curry didn't sabotage his team in the finals even with iggy winning fmvp.

2015 Curry and 2006 Wade were second options despite leading their teams in scoring, FG'S, and FGA's? I'm not sure you know what second option means.

FKAri
12-16-2015, 11:45 PM
curry in last years postseason was better than wade ever was.

if he keeps it up this season? he'll put that version AND any version of wade to shame. lol @ comparing a perimeter that is a streaky shooter at best to the GOAT shooter, and one of the highest impact players of the modern era.

steph = magic johnson of this era

Impressive. Not a single statement in your post was true.

mehyaM24
12-16-2015, 11:45 PM
unfortunately, advanced metrics back all this up.

go ahead and tell us why it isn't true (aside from your opinion of course).

FKAri
12-16-2015, 11:50 PM
unfortunately, advanced metrics back all this up.

go ahead and tell us why it isn't true (aside from your opinion of course).

Only one of your statements I can agree with and that's if I change the wording. If Curry keeps his current performance up all season he will have had a better season than Wade did. It wouldn't put it to shame but it would be better.

theaussieguy
12-16-2015, 11:51 PM
I will have go go with Wade. Out of the two players, Wade is probably the only one who could shut me down defensively in a 1 on 1. I would simply be too quick and harbor far too elaborate ball handling ability not to be able to drive past Curry for the lay up everytime. Wade is an all round athletic freak and he could shut me down with his speed and long wingspan probably every time.

GrapeApe
12-16-2015, 11:55 PM
Impressive. Not a single statement in your post was true.

I love how he calls Wade a "streaky shooter", yet ignores the fact that prime Wade was one of the best slashers and finishers the game has ever seen. I also love how he completely ignores defense. 2006 Wade won a championship as his team's best player on both ends of the floor. The only other perimeter players with that distinction are Jordan, Lebron, and arguably Kobe.

TommyGriffin
12-17-2015, 12:07 AM
I love how he calls Wade a "streaky shooter", yet ignores the fact that prime Wade was one of the best slashers and finishers the game has ever seen. I also love how he completely ignores defense. 2006 Wade won a championship as his team's best player on both ends of the floor. The only other perimeter players with that distinction are Jordan, Lebron, and arguably Kobe.

dont talk about dwhistle and jordan in the same sentence

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 12:08 AM
Only one of your statements I can agree with and that's if I change the wording. If Curry keeps his current performance up all season he will have had a better season than Wade did. It wouldn't put it to shame but it would be better.

i've already said if he keeps this up, he'll be better than wade has ever been.

read my first post. practically said it verbatim.

curry's advanced stats and value (impact) are all greater than wade's.

sportjames23
12-17-2015, 12:08 AM

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

sportjames23
12-17-2015, 12:09 AM
Both > Kobe

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 12:09 AM

curry's offensive impact shits all over wade's streaky offense.

wade's defense isn't enough to counteract curry's all time great, net impact.

it just isn't :confusedshrug:

GrapeApe
12-17-2015, 12:12 AM
dont talk about dwhistle and jordan in the same sentence

Sensitive much? Did I say that Wade = Jordan? I don't recall saying that or even implying it. I simply pointed out that Wade did something that very few perimeter players in history have done.

WayOfWade
12-17-2015, 12:13 AM

You do realize that 50% of the game is defense right? Wade is better at both sides of the game than Curry is. Curry is a better shooter, but what else is he better than Wade at? And I'm talking about prime Wade, not current

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 12:16 AM

Wade's streaky offense...wtf? He's a 25ppg+ scorer in his prime...how is that streaky?

JohnFreeman
12-17-2015, 12:18 AM
Prime Wade doe

warriorfan
12-17-2015, 12:19 AM
wade shot 25 free throws game 5 of the 2006 finals

:roll:

GrapeApe
12-17-2015, 12:22 AM

How the hell is 28 ppg on 50%FG and 59%TS "streaky offense"? Here's a comparison of 2006 Wade and 2015 Curry's championship runs.

Wade: 28/6/6 on 59%TS, 2.2 spg, 1.1 bpg, 26.9 PER
Curry: 28/6/5 on 61%TS, 1.9 spg, 0.1 bpg, 24.5 PER

Tell me again how Curry played at a level Wade could only dream of?

warriorfan
12-17-2015, 12:25 AM
How the hell is 28 ppg on 50%FG and 59%TS "streaky offense"? Here's a comparison of 2006 Wade and 2015 Curry's championship runs.

Box scores don't capture the full impact of Curry's offense. The attention Curry receives from so far out on the perimeter opens up everything for the rest of the team, giving a better offense than Wade's.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 12:25 AM

i'm talking about this season.

i feel that curry is on another level THIS year. look at their offensive and defensive splits (rapm).

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 12:28 AM
You do realize that 50% of the game is defense right? Wade is better at both sides of the game than Curry is. Curry is a better shooter, but what else is he better than Wade at? And I'm talking about prime Wade, not current

absolutely - and i also understand that wade's impact on defense isn't that of a centers, nor enough to tip the scale in his favor. curry's offense (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM) alone just destroys wade. and curry is no slouch on defense either, at least he wasn't last season.

people always talk about wade STILL being in his prime, and arguably the best player in 2011 - the guy was a net negative (http://www.gotbuckets.com/statistics/rapm/2011-rapm/) on defense. all the hoopla about his "all-around play" yet wade still couldn't match what curry has brought to the table.

click the hyperlinks. read them yourself. nothing remotely objective suggests wade is on curry's level.

Wade's streaky offense...wtf? He's a 25ppg+ scorer in his prime...how is that streaky?

streaky compared to curry, who is a far better shooter (kobe was a better shooter than wade too) - along with the high volume and efficiency.

24-Inch_Chrome
12-17-2015, 12:28 AM

i feel that curry is on another level THIS year. look at their offensive and defensive splits (rapm).
We'll have to wait for the year to end before making too much of it though, no? No doubt that Curry has been extremely impressive thus far but he has to maintain that for the rest of the year.

WayOfWade
12-17-2015, 12:32 AM

So you're telling me that 25 games of Curry automatically vaults him past Wade at his best over an entire year? Come again at the end of the season, and if Curry is still performing the same then you are right

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 12:35 AM
We'll have to wait for the year to end before making too much of it though, no? No doubt that Curry has been extremely impressive thus far but he has to maintain that for the rest of the year.

So you're telling me that 25 games of Curry automatically vaults him past Wade at his best over an entire year? Come again at the end of the season, and if Curry is still performing the same then you are right

will do

bookmarked :cheers:

Wade's Rings
12-17-2015, 12:42 AM
A while ago a thread like this and the posts would piss me off but I've come to expect garbage from this shit site.

Wade's Rings
12-17-2015, 12:43 AM
wade shot 25 free throws game 5 of the 2006 finals

Jordan had a Playoff Game where he shot 28 Free Throws, 6 more than the opposing team. Kobe has a series where he shot 96 Free Throws :confusedshrug:

GrapeApe
12-17-2015, 12:47 AM

Curry has been amazing, but we're not even 1/3 through the season. Another thing I'll point out is that Curry has the luxury of a team that doesn't need him to be a lock down defender every night. Would Curry be putting up these kind of numbers if he had to be his team's top perimeter defender? Would he be as effective on offense if he was asked to defend the opposition's top perimeter player every night? Prime Wade had to carry his team's offense AND defense, especially in '09 and '10, and also in '06 to some degree. It's not just the gap in defensive play, it's the gap in defensive responsibility that must be considered.

Donkey4trading
12-17-2015, 12:47 AM
Jordan had a Playoff Game where he shot 28 Free Throws, 6 more than the opposing team. Kobe has a series where he shot 96 Free Throws :confusedshrug:

just curious, but what series was that

Wade's Rings
12-17-2015, 12:49 AM
just curious, but what series was that

2008 2nd round vs the Jazz.

GrapeApe
12-17-2015, 01:04 AM
Box scores don't capture the full impact of Curry's offense. The attention Curry receives from so far out on the perimeter opens up everything for the rest of the team, giving a better offense than Wade's.

I could just as easily say the same thing about the attention Wade draws in the lane due to his penetrating ability. Wade assisted on a greater % of his team's FG's in 2006 than Curry in 2015. If you want to argue that Curry draws more attention without the ball, Wade's "gravity" has always been among the highest in the league, meaning he's shadowed out to the perimeter the same as elite 3 point shooters.

The bottom line is the current Warriors are a MUCH better team top to bottom than the 2006 Heat. There's really no debating this, as the 2006 Heat are generally regarded as one of the weaker championship teams in recent history. As great as Curry has been, Wade had to do much more for his team in all facets.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2015, 01:28 AM
Yeah...Curry has more impact.

The biased box score watchers don't understand that the entire Warrior scheme works because of the unbelievable amount of attention Curry receives.

aj1987
12-17-2015, 01:41 AM
Wade. Curry might surpass him if he wins a ring and an FMVP this season.

Wade's Rings
12-17-2015, 01:48 AM
Yeah...Curry has more impact.

The biased box score watchers don't understand that the entire Warrior scheme works because of the unbelievable amount of attention Curry receives.

Curry has more impact than Kobe :confusedshrug:

stalkerforlife
12-17-2015, 01:50 AM
Curry has more impact than Kobe :confusedshrug:

Kobe's far better than Wade.

So whatever your agenda is, it's not relevant.

plowking
12-17-2015, 01:53 AM

Pretty crazy, considering it'd be the 2nd time he is an all star? And he'd already jump into most peoples top 15 lol.

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 01:54 AM
absolutely - and i also understand that wade's impact on defense isn't that of a centers, nor enough to tip the scale in his favor. curry's offense (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM) alone just destroys wade. and curry is no slouch on defense either, at least he wasn't last season.

people always talk about wade STILL being in his prime, and arguably the best player in 2011 - the guy was a net negative (http://www.gotbuckets.com/statistics/rapm/2011-rapm/) on defense. all the hoopla about his "all-around play" yet wade still couldn't match what curry has brought to the table.

click the hyperlinks. read them yourself. nothing remotely objective suggests wade is on curry's level.

streaky compared to curry, who is a far better shooter (kobe was a better shooter than wade too) - along with the high volume and efficiency.

...And Wade is a far better slasher than Curry. He's pretty much the best slasher of the last 15 years by a good margin. Also, Wade was the best and most important OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE PLAYER on the 09 Heat. You replace that Wade with Curry right now and that team gets worse. Offense comes a lot easier when you are playing with Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson (43pts through 31 mins), Iggy (etc) than it does playing with that Heat lineup. Curry can't come close to replicating Wade's defense obviously.

warriorfan
12-17-2015, 01:55 AM
Pretty crazy, considering it'd be the 2nd time he is an all star? And he'd already jump into most peoples top 15 lol.

He has been really really good. He also would of been an all-star sooner if it wasn't for nagging injuries earlier in his career.

PsychoBe
12-17-2015, 01:55 AM
steph curry is the shaq of point guards in terms of all time impact. when will these peons understand? :facepalm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di8NWDo1PIc

kenny smith: ah, they were worried about steph.

that play is only possible because of curry's pure goat level impact. something wade could never replicate, or any other perimeter player in the past 20 years aside from jordan himself.

GrapeApe
12-17-2015, 01:58 AM

Wade would still have 1 more title and they'd be tied with 1 FMVP. Curry does have 1 regular season MVP and may win a second this year. Wade would still have better career numbers, more all-NBA selections, more all-defense selections, and more all-star appearances. If Curry wins MVP and FMVP this season it would put him in some pretty elite company. Then again, it's not like Wade's career is over. If he continues having a solid all-star type season and leads the Heat to a deep playoff run, he will certainly enhance his legacy.

plowking
12-17-2015, 01:58 AM
He has been really really good. He also would of been an all-star sooner if it wasn't for nagging injuries earlier in his career.

Agreed. I'd take this season so far over any Wade or Kobe season.

Jacks3
12-17-2015, 02:01 AM
Curry is having the best offensive season in history. I still don't think people really grasp how good he is.

sd3035
12-17-2015, 02:04 AM
Wade at this point but Curry is well on his way to surpassing him if he stays healthy

GrapeApe
12-17-2015, 02:04 AM

Career wise sure, Kobe has a much better overall resume. However, peak for peak at their best, Kobe was not "far better" than Wade. That's ridiculous.

PsychoBe
12-17-2015, 02:05 AM

definitely over bran as well but not quite yet on durant's level

aj1987
Wade has been on 11 All-NBA and All-Def teams in his career. Curry will make his 3rd this season.

Wade would still have 1 more title and they'd be tied with 1 FMVP. Curry does have 1 regular season MVP and may win a second this year. Wade would still have better career numbers, more all-NBA selections, more all-defense selections, and more all-star appearances. If Curry wins MVP and FMVP this season it would put him in some pretty elite company. Then again, it's not like Wade's career is over. If he continues having a solid all-star type season and leads the Heat to a deep playoff run, he will certainly enhance his legacy.
I'm not saying that I'd put him ahead of Wade. Some people might. If Wade makes the All-Star team this season and the next, and the Heat make the ECF this season, I wouldn't be surprised if people rank him in the 15-18 range.

Wade's Rings

Congratulations, Curry still has greater impact than Kobe.

PsychoBe
12-17-2015, 02:10 AM
Congratulations, Curry still has greater impact than Kobe.

your post isn't relevant. this is curry vs wade not curry vs kobe.

kobe/curry stand united as one you cannot divide us.

jrong
12-17-2015, 02:10 AM
Curry has been amazing, but we're not even 1/3 through the season. Another thing I'll point out is that Curry has the luxury of a team that doesn't need him to be a lock down defender every night. Would Curry be putting up these kind of numbers if he had to be his team's top perimeter defender? Would he be as effective on offense if he was asked to defend the opposition's top perimeter player every night? Prime Wade had to carry his team's offense AND defense, especially in '09 and '10, and also in '06 to some degree. It's not just the gap in defensive play, it's the gap in defensive responsibility that must be considered.

And it's not just that. Could Curry dominate in the grind-it-out-style that the Heat (and Eastern Conference teams generally) play? Because prime Wade is averaging 35 ppg playing at Golden State's tempo, or just about anywhere in the West, really.

Wade's Rings
12-17-2015, 02:11 AM
your post isn't relevant. this is curry vs wade not curry vs kobe.

kobe/curry stand united as one you cannot divide us.

Op is a Kobe fan so it seems relevant enough for me :confusedshrug:

PsychoBe
12-17-2015, 02:13 AM
And it's not just that. Could Curry dominate in the grind-it-out-style that the Heat (and Eastern Conference teams generally) play? Because prime Wade is averaging 35 ppg playing at Golden State's tempo, or just about anywhere in the West, really.

wrong. top western teams play goat level offense and defense. most leastern teams are a one-trick pony.

Wade's Rings
12-17-2015, 02:15 AM
wrong. top western teams play goat level offense and defense. most leastern teams are a one-trick pony.

How is that proving him wrong? :lol

PsychoBe
12-17-2015, 02:18 AM
How is that proving him wrong? :lol

no way wade would be able to replicate what someone like kobe did to the defensive juggernaut twin-tower duo of robinson-duncan in the west. eastern teams just don't have the level of talent that western teams do. also kg's wolves and the legendary jailblazers (because of their legendary toughness and thugness).

he went off on the mavs because they completely collapsed due to the rule changes and they didn't know how to defend wade because they kept fouling.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 02:22 AM
https://web.archive.org/web/20150418172835/http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/2009.html

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2015/sort/RPM

^last season, curry had more net impact than wade ever has - 2009 being his "best season".

also remember that rpm (or xRAPM) separates team from individual.. so bringing up each players help is futile.

comical

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01/splits/2015/

curry had a better fg%, 3pt% and a better ORTG vs east teams last season than he did vs the west.

you replace curry with wade, who can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands WAY more than curry does, the warriors get worse.

people need to accept it and move on - curry last year, and this year has superseded wade. and if steph wins another title this year, along with a finals mvp? he's leapfrogging wade all time.

Curry is having the best offensive season in history. I still don't think people really grasp how good he is.

definitely in the modern era.

without handchecking & the physical play they allowed in the late 80s and most of the 90s up until about 2004, there have been offensive seasons from magic, shaq & jordan that were just as impressive, and better imo.

Wade's Rings
12-17-2015, 02:26 AM
no way wade would be able to replicate what someone like kobe did to the defensive juggernaut twin-tower duo of robinson-duncan in the west. eastern teams just don't have the level of talent that western teams do. also kg's wolves and the legendary jailblazers (because of their legendary toughness and thugness).

he went off on the mavs because they completely collapsed due to the rule changes and they didn't know how to defend wade because they kept fouling.

Given Kobe's shitty Finals FG% vs the East, What would he do to the East?

So Wade didn't put up 28 on 49% vs the 4th Best Defense in the Nets? How about him shooting 62% vs the 5th Best Defense in the Pistons?

The West plays at a higher pace for the most part. Wade would definitely be feasting on those defenses.

jrong
12-17-2015, 03:03 AM
comical

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/curryst01/splits/2015/

curry had a better fg%, 3pt% and a better ORTG vs east teams last season than he did vs the west.

you replace curry with wade, who can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands WAY more than curry does, the warriors get worse.

people need to accept it and move on - curry last year, and this year has superseded wade. and if steph wins another title this year, along with a finals mvp? he's leapfrogging wade all time.

Why are you speaking specifically in the context of the current-era Warriors? I'm talking about west coast teams vs. east coast teams generally through Wade's time and even before-- as long as I can remember,going back to MJ's earliest days, the East has always been the home of slow physical basketball, whereas they run up and down the court in the West.

What I'm saying is Wade has historically dominated on about the slowest team in the league. To dominate, and I mean dominate, in this style of basketball, you need a player who can take over basically going 1-4 flat as both scorer and de facto PG, someone who creates space where none exists by using sheer skill and will. The only players from this era that could really do were Kobe, James and Wade.

I do have questions about whether Steph would be as dominant in this style. But, I have no doubts as to whether Wade could have scored 30+ year in and year out in the west between 2006 and 2011. Imagine him on the Suns or Nuggets.

WayOfWade
12-17-2015, 03:16 AM
Here we go:
MVP: Curry=1, Wade=0
FMVP: Curry=0, Wade=1
Titles: Curry=1, Wade=3
All-Star MVP: Curry=0, Wade=1
All-Star: Curry=3, Wade=11
All-NBA: Curry=2, Wade=8
All-Defense: Curry=0, Wade =3
Career Points: Curry=9,521, Wade=19,207
Career PPG: Curry=21.6, Wade=23.9
Career Assists: Curry=3,017, Wade=4,699
Career APG: Curry=6.8, Wade=5.9
Career Rebounds: Curry=1,852, Wade=3,907
Career RPG: Curry=4.2, Wade=4.9
Career Steals: Curry=772, Wade=1,358
Career SPG: Curry=1.8, Wade=1.7
Career Blocks: Curry=92, Wade=927
Career BPG: Curry=.2, Wade=.9
Career Turnovers: Curry=1,410, Wade=2,729
Career TOPG: Curry=3.2, Wade=3.4

Now that we can see how their careers are side to side, feel free to choose Curry over Wade all-time at your own stupidity

RRR3
12-17-2015, 03:18 AM
Wade easily, and this thread is disrespectful to him. A span of 20 some odd games leapfrogs Curry over a top 25 player ever? :wtf:

Black and White
12-17-2015, 03:20 AM
I'm sorry, I like Curry, but the dude has become the most overrated player on this forum.

Even with a title this season I do not put him above Wade all-time, this debate can be revisited when Curry's career develops further.

Right now, this is just an insult to Wade.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 03:28 AM
Why are you speaking specifically in the context of the current-era Warriors? I'm talking about west coast teams vs. east coast teams generally through Wade's time and even before-- as long as I can remember,going back to MJ's earliest days, the East has always been the home of slow physical basketball, whereas they run up and down the court in the West.

What I'm saying is Wade has historically dominated on about the slowest team in the league. To dominate, and I mean dominate, in this style of basketball, you need a player who can take over basically going 1-4 flat as both scorer and de facto PG, someone who creates space where none exists by using sheer skill and will. The only players from this era that could really do were Kobe, James and Wade.

I do have questions about whether Steph would be as dominant in this style. But, I have no doubts as to whether Wade could have scored 30+ year in and year out in the west between 2006 and 2011. Imagine him on the Suns or Nuggets.

because that's the only way people can objectively rank him, at least vs wade.

the west has been the best conference, and had the best teams top-to-bottom, on both ends, since jordan retired in 1998. i'm not sure how this is even an argument (look up their h2h records, the best teams, etc).

not only that, but you're using years 2006-2011? nothing supports defenses being better THEN than they are today. not drtg, not efg% and definitely not the rules. in fact, one could argue 2006 & 2007 perimeter defenses were the WORST of all time. the league had just banned handchecking, and perimeter players' ppg saw a HUGE increase.

anyway, curry has shown WITHOUT doubt he can destroy east teams. more-so than vs. his western conference foes.

just look at the splits this season and last - steph dominates the east in greater fashion.

TheNaturalWR
12-17-2015, 03:51 AM

Yup. Wade fan here but no shame in admitting a potential all-time great is having a better season. It all depends on if Steph keeps this up for the remainder of the season though. And honestly, I'd take his current season over any of LeBron's season too. He's been ****ing ridiculous.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 03:54 AM
i would be hesitant in calling this season better than any of lebron's

unlike wade, lebron's super all-around game actually translated into measurable impact (https://web.archive.org/web/20150418172835/http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/2009.html)

curry's offense, if he continues his excellence, could be on another level though.

aj1987
12-17-2015, 03:57 AM

unlike wade, lebron's super all-around game actually translated into measurable impact (https://web.archive.org/web/20150418172835/http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/2009.html)

curry's offense, if he continues his excellence, could be on another level though.

According to that retarded stat which you keep using, '09 Odom had more impact than '09 Kobe.

TheNaturalWR
12-17-2015, 04:01 AM

I honestly don't give a shit about stats. They all put up monster stats, its the eye test for me. From watching Kobe, LeBron, Wade, and Curry. Curry this season has been better than all of them IMO. If he keeps up this pace, this is easily one of the 10 greatest individual seasons of all time.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 04:04 AM
According to that retarded stat which you keep using, '09 Odom had more impact than '09 Kobe.

the stat is used by offices league-wide. :confusedshrug:

as for the "inconsistencies" with it?

consider different roles and minutes. like any other stat, context is needed.

I honestly don't give a shit about stats. They all put up monster stats, its the eye test for me. From watching Kobe, LeBron, Wade, and Curry. Curry this season has been better than all of them IMO. If he keeps up this pace, this is easily one of the 10 greatest individual seasons of all time.

true, but "eye test" can be biased and off-base.

the impact stats kind of back up what you see - at least for me they do.

aj1987
12-17-2015, 04:21 AM
the stat is used by offices league-wide. :confusedshrug:

as for the "inconsistencies" with it?

consider different roles and minutes. like any other stat, context is needed
That stat is used to show who's more "impactful" and according to it, Odom in '09 had more impact than Kobe. Camry was a better defender than DH, KG, and Timmy. :roll:

GOAT stat! :facepalm

Lets just stop watching basketball and judge players based on that single stat. :cheers:

true, but "eye test" can be biased and off-base.

the impact stats kind of back up what you see - at least for me they do.
So, you don't actually watch the games. You just go by the "advanced" stats.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 04:27 AM
That stat is used to show who's more "impactful" and according to it, Odom in '09 had more impact than Kobe. Camry was a better defender than DH, KG, and Timmy. :roll:

GOAT stat! :facepalm

Lets just stop watching basketball and judge players based on that single stat. :cheers:

your logic is the same thing as saying tyson chandler & artis gilmore are the most efficient scorers ever, because they have the highest career fg%.

if you ignore shot attempts and volume? sure - that's correct.

if you consider a 6th man who played far less minutes, had more impact than the lakers' best player? knock yourself out.

i guess i just appreciate context :cheers:

So, you don't actually watch the games. You just go by the "advanced" stats.

i watch games and use advanced stats. why not do both? :confusedshrug:

aj1987
12-17-2015, 04:33 AM
your logic is the same thing as saying tyson chandler & artis gilmore are the most efficient scorers ever, because they have the highest career fg%.

if you ignore shot attempts and volume? sure - that's correct.

if you consider a 6th man who played far less minutes, had more impact than the lakers' best player? knock yourself out.

i guess i just appreciate context :cheers:
I don't, you autistic ****. Your precious stat does.

i watch games and use advanced stats. why not do both? :confusedshrug:
Judging by your posts, at most, you must've watched like a game or two in your entire life.

ArbitraryWater
12-17-2015, 04:35 AM

Lol, you dont honestly believe individual defense is as valuable as offense, or that Wade is a better offensive player than Curry, do you?

ArbitraryWater
12-17-2015, 04:41 AM

This.. at least at that level. He's literally to the long shot what Shaq was to the paint.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 04:46 AM
I don't, you autistic ****. Your precious stat does.

watch your mouth kid. i have been civil this entire thread. show the same courtesy or quit quoting me. your call.

again, your logic is no different than claiming tyson chandler is the most efficient player ever. not accounting for minutes with rapm, is just like not counting shot attempts for artis gilmore & tyson chandler.

not that difficult to understand.

aj1987
12-17-2015, 05:02 AM
watch your mouth kid. i have been civil this entire thread. show the same courtesy or quit quoting me. your call.

again, your logic is no different than claiming tyson chandler is the most efficient player ever. not accounting for minutes with rapm, is just like not counting shot attempts for artis gilmore & tyson chandler.

not that difficult to understand.
:facepalm :facepalm

Christ, you're comparing FG% to RAPM? Please tell me that you're not that stupid. Oh wait. NVM.

Lol, you dont honestly believe individual defense is as valuable as offense, or that Wade is a better offensive player than Curry, do you?
You do know that by arguing against Wade, you're basically saying that '16 Curry > any version of Dirk/LeBron, right?

TommyGriffin
12-17-2015, 05:10 AM

Christ, you're comparing FG% to RAPM? Please tell me that you're not that stupid. Oh wait. NVM.

You do know that by arguing against Wade, you're basically saying that '16 Curry > any version of Dirk/LeBron, right?

If '16 Curry keeps the same level of play through the whole season it will be a toss up between Curry and Michael Jordan for the greatest single season of all time.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2015, 05:12 AM
Curry's already better than Bran or Dirk's ever been if he simply continues his current output.

bdreason
12-17-2015, 05:15 AM
DrayGod and Klay will make the HoF after they win not 1, not 2, not 3...

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 05:15 AM

nobody is comparing them directly you idiot.

i'm using your rationale, which is removing all context.
take time in researching the stat - if you did, you would know there's a category right near the splits called "SWAgR".

this helps push potentially fluky low minute players further down the rankings, and provides a list that better represents player value over time frame.

http://www.gotbuckets.com/statistics/rapm/2009-rapm/

^ as you can see, kobe is right behind lebron in 2009.

ArbitraryWater
12-17-2015, 06:40 AM

He may very well be better than any Dirk version.

Not LeBron though.

feyki
12-17-2015, 09:37 AM

Not LeBron though.

2006 Dirk > 2015 Curry .

I'm not interested season performances . Wait and let's see him in playoffs .

Wade's Rings
12-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Here we go:
MVP: Curry=1, Wade=0
FMVP: Curry=0, Wade=1
Titles: Curry=1, Wade=3
All-Star MVP: Curry=0, Wade=1
All-Star: Curry=3, Wade=11
All-NBA: Curry=2, Wade=8
All-Defense: Curry=0, Wade =3
Career Points: Curry=9,521, Wade=19,207
Career PPG: Curry=21.6, Wade=23.9
Career Assists: Curry=3,017, Wade=4,699
Career APG: Curry=6.8, Wade=5.9
Career Rebounds: Curry=1,852, Wade=3,907
Career RPG: Curry=4.2, Wade=4.9
Career Steals: Curry=772, Wade=1,358
Career SPG: Curry=1.8, Wade=1.7
Career Blocks: Curry=92, Wade=927
Career BPG: Curry=.2, Wade=.9
Career Turnovers: Curry=1,410, Wade=2,729
Career TOPG: Curry=3.2, Wade=3.4

Now that we can see how their careers are side to side, feel free to choose Curry over Wade all-time at your own stupidity

You shouldn't put Career Totals given that Wade has played 6 more years and All-Star Game MVPs are a dumb comparison.

Wade easily, and this thread is disrespectful to him. A span of 20 some odd games leapfrogs Curry over a top 25 player ever? :wtf:

I'm sorry, I like Curry, but the dude has become the most overrated player on this forum.

Even with a title this season I do not put him above Wade all-time, this debate can be revisited when Curry's career develops further.

Right now, this is just an insult to Wade.

:applause:

IGOTGAME
12-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Klay and Fraymond might end up HOF players. Klay is one of the best shooters I've seen in some time, not including Steph.

SpaceJam
12-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Lol.....Wade

juju151111
12-17-2015, 11:49 AM

take time in researching the stat - if you did, you would know there's a category right near the splits called "SWAgR".

this helps push potentially fluky low minute players further down the rankings, and provides a list that better represents player value over time frame.

Agreed and if aj can't understand the concept of RAPM he just stupid.

ScalsFan21
12-17-2015, 03:18 PM
All-time, it's still Wade.

However, right now Steph is playing at a level comparable to anything Wade has ever done, and probably better.

warriorfan
12-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Wade played with LBJ, Shaq, Bosh and then these nigguz trying to talk about Draymond Green and Klay Thompson :lol :lol

DaOldLion
12-17-2015, 05:54 PM
Wade played with LBJ, Shaq, Bosh and then these nigguz trying to talk about Draymond Green and Klay Thompson :lol :lol

:oldlol: :oldlol:

GrapeApe
12-17-2015, 06:06 PM

The current Warriors without Curry > the 2006 Heat without Wade. There is ZERO debate that the Warriors are a much better and deeper team from top to bottom.

aj1987
12-17-2015, 06:33 PM

Statnerd, I prefer watching games over flipping though pages of analytics to judge players. Odom played like 30 minutes a game in '09 and Kobe played like 35 MPG, IIRC. That's not a significant enough difference for the stats to be skewed.

Please don't bring up FG%. It's not even close to being similar to RAPM.

Can you also tell me how Camby was a better defender than Timmy, Dwight, KG, etc.. Not only that, but how was Lewis better than Wade, CP3, Kobe, Pau, etc., defensively?

Not LeBron though.
LOL! Wade's '09 season is equal to LeBron's best. I know that you were ~10 in '09, but you should seriously watch Heat games from that season. Even though Miami didn't win a lot, it was actually fun to watch Wade carry a bunch of scrubs. On both ends of the court.

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Goes to show how big of idiots the majority of ish are...how the hell did this thread get so big? :facepalm This was a simple "wade, obviously" or ignore thread.

aj1987
12-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Curry is playing with 2 CURRENT DPOY level players, a CURRENT FMVP, an All-NBA player (who plays ELITE defense), and the COTY (along with a ton of other players coming of the bench, who could legitimately start.

Curry had FMVP Iggy to win a ring in '15, Wade had "1.4 PPG in the 4th Q LeBron".

jrong
12-17-2015, 06:44 PM
because that's the only way people can objectively rank him, at least vs wade.

the west has been the best conference, and had the best teams top-to-bottom, on both ends, since jordan retired in 1998. i'm not sure how this is even an argument (look up their h2h records, the best teams, etc).

not only that, but you're using years 2006-2011? nothing supports defenses being better THEN than they are today. not drtg, not efg% and definitely not the rules. in fact, one could argue 2006 & 2007 perimeter defenses were the WORST of all time. the league had just banned handchecking, and perimeter players' ppg saw a HUGE increase.

anyway, curry has shown WITHOUT doubt he can destroy east teams. more-so than vs. his western conference foes.

just look at the splits this season and last - steph dominates the east in greater fashion.

You're still looking at it from the perspective of how Steph fares against Eastern Conference defenses. I'm talking about how he would fare in an Eastern Conference offense, specifically one like the half-court Heat.

Could he be destroy the league at a 90 ppg pace? I question that. However, prime Wade in an up-tempo, wide open offense? Goodnight.

Now you might make the argument that if you have a player like Steph, you're going to restructure your offense around his game. Ok, but think about what Wade was taking the court with in at least the prime of his prime. There's not a player outside of Wade from the 09 and 10 teams who even sees court time on the current GSW squad. So, fine, you run and gun with Steph in place of Wade on those teams, but I definitely can't see them having better results. Those teams relied on Wade to make plays to win games, sometimes just as critically on the defensive end, when he used to be a defensive monster.

Now having said this, Steph may still be having a better year than Wade in 09 (Wade's statistical but not actual peak). I don't know what to make of him. He is like the evolution of all the dominant little men who came before him. This year's playoffs will tell us a lot. And he may end up better than Wade all time. But, it's gonna take more than two seasons. Because if you say he's already surpassed Wade, you're saying he's in the top 20 or 25 players who ever played already.

warriorfan
12-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Curry is playing with 2 CURRENT DPOY level players, a CURRENT FMVP, an All-NBA player (who plays ELITE defense), and the COTY (along with a ton of other players coming of the bench, who could legitimately start.

Curry had FMVP Iggy to win a ring in '15, Wade had "1.4 PPG in the 4th Q LeBron".

Curry forged all of those guys in the same way that Jordan forged Pippen.

Take away Curry and there is no FMVP, Bogut injured from excessive use, Klay Thompson never makes the all-star game and gets to build confidence to where he is at right now. Draymond Green has to score more which is his weakest area and gets exposed...

Curry's Warriors is the same as Jordan's Bulls. They weren't shit until Curry/Jordan arrived and put it all together.

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 06:47 PM

Take away Curry and there is no FMVP, Bogut injured from excessive use, Klay Thompson never makes the all-star game and gets to build confidence to where he is at right now. Draymond Green has to score more which is his weakest area and gets exposed...

Curry's Warriors is the same as Jordan's Bulls. They weren't shit until Curry/Jordan arrived and put it all together.

This is definitely the most obnoxious stan on the board now. Curry "forged" two DPOY level players...:lol

stalkerforlife
12-17-2015, 06:51 PM

Agreed.

Warriors have excellent role players, but when you win a lot...people start trying to turn those role players into stars. They did the same thing with Gasol when Kobe turned him into a winner.

The Curry effect is not seen by the biased box score watchers.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2015, 06:52 PM

lol

stalkerforlife
12-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Goes to show how big of idiots the majority of ish are...how the hell did this thread get so big? :facepalm This was a simple "wade, obviously" or ignore thread.

Look at your avatar, bub.

You only think this isn't a discussion because Wade is your all time favorite player.

Most other people know that you can argue that Curry is better than Wade all time.

Dirk's EASILY better than Wade all time, too.

aj1987
12-17-2015, 06:56 PM

Dude, Curry is a product of the Kerr system and Walton is basically running it now. Curry IS Pippen. Kerr is MJ in this scenario. Turned an afterthought and a loser into a MVP. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Without Kerrs' system and the FO, Curry would still be that mediocre PG from that garbage ass franchise.

doireallyneedwhitetext?trollvstroll

lol
You really shouldn't.

Kobe played with Shaq, Malone, GP, Gasol, Nash, Dwight, etc., all of whom are HOF'ers (some are future).

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 06:57 PM

You only think this isn't a discussion because Wade is your all time favorite player.

Most other people know that you can argue that Curry is better than Wade all time.

I'm not you...I can actually discuss the players I like with some form of intellect.

And no...you cannot argue that Curry is better than Wade all time right now. That is just moronic on a tremendous scale. (which makes sense that you believe it)

DaOldLion

what a hypocrite that guy is. I saw him in another thread saying Cury was better than Kobe and it wasn't even close (something cringe worthy like "kobe could put on lil bow wow's shoes from like mike and still wouldn't be close to Curry") and now he's in this thread complaining that the comparison is even being made between Curry and Wade

:roll: :roll:

stalkerforlife
Dude, Curry is a product of the Kerr system and Walton is basically running it now. Curry IS Pippen. Kerr is MJ in this scenario. Turned an afterthought and a loser into a MVP. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Without Kerrs' system and the FO, Curry would still be that mediocre PG from that garbage ass franchise.

doireallyneedwhitetext?trollvstroll

This troll can't handle that Curry has passed Wade.

Sad.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2015, 06:59 PM
what a hypocrite that guy is. I saw him in another thread saying Cury was better than Kobe and it wasn't even close (something cringe worthy like "kobe could put on lil bow wow's shoes from like mike and still wouldn't be close to Curry") and now he's in this thread complaining that the comparison is even being made between Curry and Wade

:roll: :roll:

Wade's not even in the same sentence as.

Kobe.

Sorry, had to make sure of that.

ArbitraryWater
LOL! Wade's '09 season is equal to LeBron's best. I know that you were ~10 in '09, but you should seriously watch Heat games from that season. Even though Miami didn't win a lot, it was actually fun to watch Wade carry a bunch of scrubs. On both ends of the court.

You're bipolar as shit.. its like you come up with opinions to argue for the sake of it, 2009 LeBron isn't his peak but he was better than Wade regardless THAT year... other superior versions: 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

Cope with it.

warriorfan
Agreed.

Warriors have excellent role players, but when you win a lot...people start trying to turn those role players into stars. They did the same thing with Gasol when Kobe turned him into a winner.

The Curry effect is not seen by the biased box score watchers.

Exactly. Gasol, Artest, Ariza....these guys are all journeymen players who lack mental toughness... Kobe put it all together for them. Take away Kobe...are these guys playing championship level basketball anymore? No, no, and no.

aj1987
12-17-2015, 07:08 PM
This troll can't handle that Curry has passed Wade.

Sad.
Don't really give a shit, dude. At least I'm not a loser, who is a literal retard and who begs for money.

You're bipolar as shit.. its like you come up with opinions to argue for the sake of it, 2009 LeBron isn't his peak but he was better than Wade regardless THAT year... other superior versions: 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

Cope with it.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kid, please watch games from the '09 season. Wade literally had what LeBron had in '04 and '05. If you actually think '10, '12, '13, and '14 are definitively better than '09 Wade, you dead wrong. Stop watching boxscores and reading BB-Ref.

EDIT: I don't think Google translate worked for you there. I'm pretty sure that bipolar doesn't mean what you think it does.

jrong
12-17-2015, 07:27 PM

What's amusing about this non-sequitur is that it probably reflects where most people will rank the two players, but almost anyone who watched them knows that prime/peak Wade annihilates him. He owned him on the court when it mattered (Wade was even still the best player in the 2011 Finals), and unlike Dirk, Wade was a complete player who didn't give much of his offensive contributions back on defense. And to remind Dirk that he owned him, Wade made a point to block his shot every time he could-- I think he liked blocking Dirk as much as any other seven-footer outside Brook Lopez and Tyson Chandler.

However, Wade's prime/ peak was shorter, Dirk has the MVP and the FMVP and the career totals (although it's kind of hypocritical to factor in longevity between Dirk and Wade but not do it between Wade and Steph, it should be said).

But, here's what the haters can't control. Wade will go over 20,000 points this year and 4,000 rebounds. Next year, he tops 5,000 assists. Not many players have those totals to begin with, but to do it in as few games as Wade, carrying averages of 24 ppg, 6 asts, and 5 rebs despite his stats being depressed by injury and LeBron-years?

Once he's over 20k/5k, his body of work will make an awful lot of past-era superstars and Hall of Famers look pedestrian by comparison. His all-time great status will be incontestable once he hits those benchmarks. And there's nothing the haters can do about it.

Jacks3
12-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Wade really doesn't have that much haters. People really don't care about him that much. I mean, he's no Kobe or LeBron.

zizozain
12-17-2015, 07:39 PM
last year: Wade

this year: Curry

future: Wade top 50, Curry top 10

Cocaine80s
12-17-2015, 07:39 PM
That feel when Lebron won with only Wade and Bosh. Imagine if he had a sidekick of Curry's caliber. Or even better, an Iguodala

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 07:52 PM
You're still looking at it from the perspective of how Steph fares against Eastern Conference defenses. I'm talking about how he would fare in an Eastern Conference offense, specifically one like the half-court Heat.

not necessarily.

think about it this way: curry is murdering the eastern conference which, on average, have better defenses - theses defenses slow the game down to a crawl (the elite ones), so bringing up offenses would by that token be irrelevant.

its really that simple.

just look at the mark jackson warriors (2014) who played at a slower pace - curry was still great, and superstar caliber.

i think the real question is, could wade at any point of his career duplicate the success the warriors have had this season? curry controls the pace and opens the floor with his shooting and off ball movement - i think that answers your question there.. wade being a streaky shooter and all.

by all objective measures, curry is one of the greatest offensive players ever, and a tier above wade if we're talking TRUE unabated impact.

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 07:55 PM
not necessarily.

think about it this way: curry is murdering the eastern conference which, on average, have better defenses - theses defenses slow the game down to a crawl (the elite ones), so bringing up offenses would by that token be irrelevant.

its really that simple.

just look at the mark jackson warriors (2014) who played at a slower pace - curry was still great, and superstar caliber.

i think the real question is, could wade at any point of his career duplicate the success the warriors have had this season? curry controls the pace and opens the floor with his shooting and off ball movement - i think that answers your question there.. wade being a streaky shooter and all.

by all objective measures, curry is one of the greatest offensive players ever, and a tier above wade if we're talking TRUE unabated impact.

I love how he keeps bringing that up while completely dismissing Wade's slashing and ball handling ability. There has been no one during Wade's era who was close to as good as he is off the dribble and who can then finish the way he does. (Harden can get to the basket, but he's a shit finisher compared to Wade) Putting up between 25-30ppg on good efficiency while being a streaky shooter...damn Wade was insanely good.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 08:04 PM
Statnerd, I prefer watching games over flipping though pages of analytics to judge players. Odom played like 30 minutes a game in '09 and Kobe played like 35 MPG, IIRC. That's not a significant enough difference for the stats to be skewed.

crackhead,

kobe played ~7 more minutes a game, and for the year, about 900 total more minutes than odom.

never mind the fact odom is a 6th man who plays a completely different role.

swagr mediates this "flaw" and adjusts the necessary impact available - as i said.

Please don't bring up FG%. It's not even close to being similar to RAPM.

please read what is being posted.

by ignoring minutes with rapm, this would be like somebody using fg% and completely disregarding a players volume, then claim tyson chandler is the most efficient player all time.

silly right?

and again, nowhere am i saying fg% = rapm, or that they're comparable.

do i need to draw it up for you next time around?

ArbitraryWater
12-17-2015, 08:04 PM
Don't really give a shit, dude. At least I'm not a loser, who is a literal retard and who begs for money.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kid, please watch games from the '09 season. Wade literally had what LeBron had in '04 and '05. If you actually think '10, '12, '13, and '14 are definitively better than '09 Wade, you dead wrong. Stop watching boxscores and reading BB-Ref.

EDIT: I don't think Google translate worked for you there. I'm pretty sure that bipolar doesn't mean what you think it does.

Yeah, I've never seen you say 2009 Wade was as good as any LeBron version ever, which is why I think you just pick fights for the sake of it. No shit Wade had poor help. Saying he had what Bron had in 2004 and 2005 isn't exactly smart, given that he won 43 wins, 1 more win than a sophomore LeBron, who wasn't near a peak LeBron. Keep up.

What do you mean "definitely" ? Yes, you can tell without struggling much that LeBron at his best was a better player than Wade... if you can't, get out of your Wade bubble.

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I've never seen you say 2009 Wade was as good as any LeBron version ever, which is why I think you just pick fights for the sake of it. No shit Wade had poor help. Saying he had what Bron had in 2004 and 2005 isn't exactly smart, given that he won 43 wins, 1 more win than a sophomore LeBron, who wasn't near a peak LeBron. Keep up.

What do you mean "definitely" ? Yes, you can tell without struggling much that LeBron at his best was a better player than Wade... if you can't, get out of your Wade bubble.

You can settle down with your bullshit, too. You make it sound like Lebron was MUCH better than Wade at their peaks...he wasn't.

ArbitraryWater
12-17-2015, 08:11 PM
You can settle down with your bullshit, too. You make it sound like Lebron was MUCH better than Wade at their peaks...he wasn't.

He wasn't. But its nothing to think about for hours either. Whats so difficult to grasp.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 08:12 PM
I love how he keeps bringing that up while completely dismissing Wade's slashing and ball handling ability. There has been no one during Wade's era who was close to as good as he is off the dribble and who can then finish the way he does. (Harden can get to the basket, but he's a shit finisher compared to Wade) Putting up between 25-30ppg on good efficiency while being a streaky shooter...damn Wade was insanely good.

i don't think you understand just how valuable curry's offense is. this season is one of the greatest offensive years ever.

you take away his off-ball impact, goat shooting, playmaking and spacing? the warriors are significantly worse. SIGNIFICANTLY.

do the warriors have success with wade? yes. of course - but right now they're one of the greatest teams ever, and that's the difference here. golden state = that great because of curry's unrivaled, modern offense.

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 08:15 PM
i don't think you understand just how valuable curry's offense is. this season is one of the greatest offensive years ever.

you take away his off-ball impact, goat shooting, playmaking and spacing? the warriors are significantly worse. SIGNIFICANTLY.

do the warriors have success with wade? yes. of course - but right now they're one of the greatest teams ever, and that's the difference here. golden state = that great because of curry's unrivaled, modern offense.

The Warriors still make the playoffs without Curry, so they can't be that much worse.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 08:18 PM
The Warriors still make the playoffs without Curry, so they can't be that much worse.

making the playoffs and being one of the greatest teams in modern history is quite a big difference, bud.

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 08:35 PM
making the playoffs and being one of the greatest teams in modern history is quite a big difference, bud.

You are setting aside the whole point...Curry would not be this Curry if not for the team he is on. You're saying he's so much better this year and raising up the entirety of the team...well they were 2nd in offense and 1st in defense last year. Curry is doing what he is doing on a stacked team and that's just a fact. You throw him on that 2009 heat team and I guarantee he can't get that team into the playoffs. He can't hide defensively there...WADE was the best defensive player on that team and he can't come close to duplicating that. We'd also see how easy the offense comes when you're playing with those Heat bums and not the Warriors players.

stalkerforlife
12-17-2015, 08:40 PM
The Warriors would NOT make the playoffs without Curry.

La Frescobaldi
12-17-2015, 08:56 PM
You are setting aside the whole point...Curry would not be this Curry if not for the team he is on. You're saying he's so much better this year and raising up the entirety of the team...well they were 2nd in offense and 1st in defense last year. Curry is doing what he is doing on a stacked team and that's just a fact. You throw him on that 2009 heat team and I guarantee he can't get that team into the playoffs. He can't hide defensively there...WADE was the best defensive player on that team and he can't come close to duplicating that. We'd also see how easy the offense comes when you're playing with those Heat bums and not the Warriors players.

MJ's teams were stacked too. He would not be MJ if the Bulls had continued their lousy unstacked '80s ways.

mehyaM24
12-17-2015, 09:00 PM

on the flipside, curry's offense is SO GOOD that he would've taken that heat team, and made them a perennial top 5 offense.

i mean really, the warriors have been the best offense with luke walton coaching.

luke walton...

knicksman
12-17-2015, 09:04 PM
Why are people arguing with aj1987?

I already owned that troll

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387895

The guy is an all time great idiot

WayOfWade
12-17-2015, 09:05 PM
You shouldn't put Career Totals given that Wade has played 6 more years and All-Star Game MVPs are a dumb comparison.

Do you see the title of the thread, who is greater all-time? Wade's career vs Curry's career, who has done better and more overall? The fact that Wade has played 6 more years is pretty much what gives him the edge all time

knicksman
12-17-2015, 09:11 PM
curry won in a legit era while wade won in an era where nba is manufacturing superstars

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 09:27 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/90/ec/90/90ec908de97e81e26eebdd28c079d373.jpg

That's really hilarious coming from you.

hiphopfan777
12-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Wade isbetter. He never had a winning streak snapped by a crappy d league bucks team qith mcw as starter

aj1987
12-18-2015, 04:56 AM
crackhead,

kobe played ~7 more minutes a game, and for the year, about 900 total more minutes than odom.

never mind the fact odom is a 6th man who plays a completely different role.

swagr mediates this "flaw" and adjusts the necessary impact available - as i said.

please read what is being posted.

by ignoring minutes with rapm, this would be like somebody using fg% and completely disregarding a players volume, then claim tyson chandler is the most efficient player all time.

silly right?

and again, nowhere am i saying fg% = rapm, or that they're comparable.

do i need to draw it up for you next time around?
Ugh! Can't argue with someone who doesn't watch games and judges players based on "advanced" stats.

You said Melo is better than LeBron and I'm the idiot? That's just 1 of nearly 5k retarded posts from you. Stop posting, dumbass.

mehyaM24
12-18-2015, 05:00 AM
Ugh! Can't argue with someone who doesn't watch games and judges players based on "advanced" stats.

i watch basketball and use advanced stats to back up my opinion.

like i asked before - why not do both? the more information the better.

aj1987
12-18-2015, 05:05 AM
i watch basketball and use advanced stats to back up my opinion.

like i asked before - why not do both? the more information the better.
Because I don't like to use RAPM to figure out who's more dominant and who the better player is. Kobe was one of the most dominant players of all time and RAPM is not particularly kind to him. It's just a flat out retarded stat.

Smoke117
12-18-2015, 05:07 AM
Because I don't like to use RAPM to figure out who's more dominant and who the better player is. Kobe was one of the most dominant players of all time and RAPM is not particularly kind to him. It's just a flat out retarded stat.

No, Kobe is one of the most overrated players of all time. Advanced stats tell you that if you aren't sharp enough to get it with the eye test.

mehyaM24
12-18-2015, 05:08 AM

kobe led the league in rapm circa 2008 (check the swagr tab). he was second in 2009 behind lebron, and top 3-4 in 2010 with wade & lebron.

looks fair to me, and comfortably backs my opinion that lebron has essentially been the better player since ~2009.

No, Kobe is one of the most overrated players of all time. Advanced stats tell you that if you aren't sharp enough to get it with the eye test.

he is, but advanced stats not being "fair" to him is a myth. prime kobe has always been a top 3-5 player in the league.

aj1987
12-18-2015, 05:16 AM
kobe led the league in rapm circa 2008 (check the swagr tab). he was second in 2009 behind lebron, and top 3-4 in 2010 with wade & lebron.

looks fair to me, and comfortably backs my opinion that lebron has essentially been the better player since ~2009.
We're using swagr now? What the **** is that shit?

Kobe was 7th, 6th, and 8th from '08-'10 according to RAPM.

he is, but advanced stats not being "fair" to him is a myth. prime kobe has always been a top 3-5 player in the league.

'06-'10 Kobe was never worse than 3rd. Probably the best player in '06 and '07. Top 2 in '08. Top 3 in '09 and '10.

mehyaM24
12-18-2015, 05:20 AM
We're using swagr now? What the **** is that shit?

Kobe was 7th, 6th, and 8th from '08-'10 according to RAPM.

its rapm - just with adjusted minutes.

read the last page where i explained the definition. there's a reason the tab is right there next to the splits. :cheers:

'06-'10 Kobe was never worse than 3rd. Probably the best player in '06 and '07. Top 2 in '08. Top 3 in '09 and '10.

from 08-10, he was top 3 - according to rapm as well.

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2015, 09:13 AM

I know aj ain't the most calm or smartest but the irony here