PDA

View Full Version : Prime Kobe vs current Curry 1v1

Dragonyeuw
12-17-2015, 08:42 AM
It just had to be asked. Kobe stans, Curry stans, and Kobe-to-Curry bandwagoners unite and discuss.

Dr Hawk
12-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Curry would need of someone to set screens for him to be able to shot over Kobe

HOoopCityJones
12-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Kobe gets accused of rape for the second time in his storied career.

Dragonyeuw
12-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Curry would need of someone to set screens for him to be able to shot over Kobe

Except Curry has the handles and only needs a millisecond to get his shot off. His biggest problem would obviously be that Kobe would score on him at will, so it really comes down to how well Kobe can defend Curry.

HOoopCityJones
12-17-2015, 09:56 AM
Except Curry has the handles and only needs a millisecond to get his shot off. His biggest problem would obviously be that Kobe would score on him at will, so it really comes down to how well Kobe can defend Curry.

You mean multiple all defensive Team Kobe? :facepalm

03 Kobe alone is eating Curry alive.

DrakeTheSnake
12-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Kobe 1 on 1, but this skews things because passing is part of the game and takes away one of Curry's strengths while helps one of Kobe's.

Dragonyeuw
12-17-2015, 10:30 AM
You mean multiple all defensive Team Kobe? :facepalm

And? How many players did Kobe face in his defensive prime with Curry's combination of shooting and handles? To be clear, I'm not making an argument for Curry. But what Kobe was doing defensively 10 years ago against the guys he was facing plays no bearing in the argument. A prime Arenas burnt Kobe for 60, and unlike the 'Kobe scored 55 on MJ' BS, Arenas was scoring on Kobe time and time again. We gonna act like Curry isn't a more dangerous threat than agent zero was?

HOoopCityJones
12-17-2015, 10:52 AM
And? How many players did Kobe face in his defensive prime with Curry's combination of shooting and handles? To be clear, I'm not making an argument for Curry. But what Kobe was doing defensively 10 years ago against the guys he was facing plays no bearing in the argument. A prime Arenas burnt Kobe for 60, and unlike the 'Kobe scored 55 on MJ' BS, Arenas was scoring on Kobe time and time again. We gonna act like Curry isn't a more dangerous threat than agent zero was?

You referring to one game where Arenas was hot doesn't compare him to Curry. :roll:

So Curry < Delly right?

Difference between Kobe and Curry is simple. All of these perimeter players of his own generation have come and gone , they were all dubbed the next guy and Kobe outlasted all them. They faded away and he started competing with Wade and Lebron's era.

We'll see if Curry can keep up this play, this is what I personally hate about the NBA of today, the hype gets way too crazy, you guys pretending Curry is better than Wade ,Kobe or even already Top 15 all time are a joke. Both have looked dominant next to prime Shaq while Curry can't even beat his best role player for FMVP.

Curry's best seasons, Kobe and Wade have likes 10-15 more seasons comparable to Curry's BEST. Let that shit sink in.

Dragonyeuw
12-17-2015, 11:05 AM
You referring to one game where Arenas was hot doesn't compare him to Curry. :roll:

So Curry < Delly right?

Difference between Kobe and Curry is simple. All of these perimeter players of his own generation have come and gone , they were all dubbed the next guy and Kobe outlasted all them. They faded away and he started competing with Wade and Lebron's era.

We'll see if Curry can keep up this play, this is what I personally hate about the NBA of today, the hype gets way too crazy, you guys pretending Curry is better than Wade ,Kobe or even already Top 15 all time are a joke. Both have looked dominant next to prime Shaq while Curry can't even beat his best role player for FMVP.

Curry's best seasons, Kobe and Wade have likes 10-15 more seasons comparable to Curry's BEST. Let that shit sink in.

That has sweet fcuk all to do with the premise of the thread. The argument isn't about careers, or accomplishments. The question is simple: take prime Kobe( whichever version you deem) and current Curry, and they play one on one. Nobody's talking about Wade,Kobe outlasting his rivals, or Kobe's defensive team selections. It's fair to say that current Curry, RIGHT NOW, is playing at a higher level offensively than anyone Kobe was defending 10 years ago.

Real14
12-17-2015, 11:07 AM
End thread.

IGOTGAME
12-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Traditional make it take it...If Kobe gets the ball first he wins 11-0. 11 straight post ups for pretty much layups. Curry is way too small.

SexSymbol
12-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Complete destruction of Curry's soul in the result of this 1x1 match.

Dragonyeuw
12-17-2015, 11:22 AM
Traditional make it take it...If Kobe gets the ball first he wins 11-0. 11 straight post ups for pretty much layups. Curry is way too small.

Most likely what would happen in that situation. What if Curry gets the ball first? I'm guessing the general idea is that Curry would be limited to making range shots, even with his marksmanship, leading to a higher probability of missing than Kobe just posting up time and time again.

IGOTGAME
12-17-2015, 11:24 AM
Most likely what would happen in that situation. What if Curry gets the ball first? I'm guessing the general idea is that Curry would be limited to making range shots, even with his marksmanship, leading to a higher probability of missing than Kobe just posting up time and time again.

yea, I don't think it would be particularly close

JohnMax
12-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Curry lacks a quick first step, lateral quickness and strength. Those are all necessary tools to be an elite 1 on 1 player.

Wade's Rings
12-17-2015, 11:49 AM

:applause:

RRR3
12-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Kobe destroys him. Huge physical advantage.

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Not gonna go one way or the other, Kobe would prolly win cuz of the post

But for all those people saying kobe would shut him down because he made a few defensive first teams... really?

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-17-2015, 01:45 PM
:applause:

Ive learned that people go crazy because they assume that someone as small as curry cant be as good as players that, well, he is so much better than its almost funny.

Havent seen one good arguement for Kobe over current curry, in terms of who is the better player, other than

RINGS YOU SONOFABITCH

inclinerator
12-17-2015, 01:57 PM
just look at curry vs the celtics or bucks without klay the goat floor spacer, kobe doesnt need that much spacing, kobe would dominate

TheImmortal
12-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Kobe destroys him. Huge physical advantage.
Agreed.. Iverson vs Curry would be a better matchup from a physical standpoint.

Dragonyeuw
12-17-2015, 02:02 PM
I

Havent seen one good arguement for Kobe over current curry, in terms of who is the better player, other than

I think a reasonable argument is that Kobe's size and athleticism would be too much for Curry, whether it be shooting over the top or just posting him again and again. That I can see being a likely outcome if Kobe gets the ball first.

A completely pointless argument is that Kobe would defend Curry because of his all-defensive awards.

Lebronxrings
12-17-2015, 02:04 PM
its tough to say. Both have their weaknesses and strengths. Obviously with curry he needs screens to score as hes a terrible iso player. With kobe he relies on mismatches and team set up shots. The big thing here is the height/ strength disparity which favours kobe.

I give this to curry if he can be smart with his play. Driving past kobe shouldn't be too difficult. On defense he needs to dare kobe to shoot. considering he isn't a very good shooter.

RRR3
12-17-2015, 02:05 PM
Even if Curry gets the ball first, as he soon as he misses (it'll happen), Kobe gets the rebound and it's over.

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-17-2015, 02:10 PM
I think a reasonable argument is that Kobe's size and athleticism would be too much for Curry, whether it be shooting over the top or just posting him again and again. That I can see being a likely outcome if Kobe gets the ball first.

A completely pointless argument is that Kobe would defend Curry because of his all-defensive awards.

Wasn't talking about one on one dude

Dragonyeuw
12-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Wasn't talking about one on one dude

Yeah, I see now, you were referring to the better player in that last post. I'll let the stans tackle that one.

ClipperRevival
12-17-2015, 02:21 PM
At his core, Kobe was an iso scorer. Curry is a mixture of iso and off ball play. You factor in Kobe's superior size, athleticism and post play and it's clear Kobe has a clear edge.

Cold soul
12-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Kobe kills Curry. Kobe has huge size advantage, elite athleticism, strength, quick first step, great defender especially one on one, he would kill Curry in the post this matchup wouldn't be that close.

pauk
12-17-2015, 04:39 PM
This a fine example of mouse in the house, curry would be backed down all the way down to under the hoop where kobe will be just laying it in very comfortably 24-7.... when you think of these 1on1 matches always ask yourself "of these two who will be able to defend better/who will be able to get the highest % shots?" and thr answer here is kobe..... aka. the bigger/stronger pro will always beat the the smaller one 1on1, there is nobody who can double team him when he just backs you down.... and yes im saying that even hakeem vs jordan would end up with hakeem winning, all the time.

swagga
12-17-2015, 04:52 PM
are you nigggas serious with this shit?

prime kobe would wipe the floor with curry 1v1. No jumpshots, he'd post curry 24/7. Kobe is much bigger and stronger, has a huge advantage in reach, is ten times the defender.

Wtf sons, why are you drinking that ESPN jizz ? :biggums:

riseagainst
12-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Kobe is the greatest 1v1 player of all time. So i'll take him.

Lebronxrings
12-17-2015, 05:50 PM
warriorfan avoiding this thread. :lol

DaOldLion
12-17-2015, 05:56 PM
warriorfan avoiding this thread. :lol

the same way you've avoided losing your virginity

Braincells
12-17-2015, 07:54 PM
I like Curry, but come on... Kobe outscored a whole team by himself in his prime.

JohnFreeman
12-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Curry would be crying

20Four
12-17-2015, 08:38 PM
the same way you've avoided losing your virginity
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://i.imgur.com/aGsKOnQ.gif

Cold soul
12-17-2015, 08:58 PM
Kobe is the greatest 1v1 player of all time. So i'll take him.

Well said. :cheers:

BlueandGold
12-17-2015, 09:02 PM
:roll: :roll: