PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying wild cat for friend

senelcoolidge
12-17-2015, 06:38 PM
I have a friend and since Christmas is coming up I thought I would buy him a wild cat. A wild cat is a lot more interesting than a dingy weak regular house cat. There's a place near where I live where they sell animals on the black market. Not sure if I should go with the bobcat, lynx, or caracal?

http://www.nbrr.org/images/bobcat_hoover_02.jpg
bobcat

http://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/files/7214/2364/8720/Lynx_lynx_wikipedia.jpg
lynx

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8e/a1/32/8ea132d4f9bdc36cf2e3288ad193f26b.jpg
caracal

This friend told me in the past that he's a cat person. Also I want to buy the animal as a kitten.

Akrazotile
12-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Okay.

So do it.

senelcoolidge
12-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Okay.

So do it.

These are wild f*cking cats. I'm just wondering what would be best suited for a small one bedroom apartment in the city. It will be a kitten, so it will be like a regular cat at the beginning. They are pricey too, so I just want to pick the right one.

~primetime~
12-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Don't do it...it will just end up in a cat shelter with the hundred other exotic cats that people realized were impossible to keep.

You can not tame those cats, they don't use litter boxes they piss on everything, it isn't anything like a house cat at all....if they get outside they are GONE.

SugarHill
12-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Are you serious? Yeah, just buy someone a fvcking lynx and see what happens.

senelcoolidge
12-17-2015, 06:50 PM

Maybe I can spay/neuter it. That should make it more docile like a regular cat but with the exotic-ness factor.

Levity
12-17-2015, 06:51 PM
friends buying friends cats?

what a time to be alive!

Akrazotile
12-17-2015, 06:55 PM
friends buying friends cats?

what a time to be alive!

:lol

highwhey
12-17-2015, 06:56 PM
:oldlol:

I grew up with normal cats so take it from me, if a regular house cat likes to imbed his claws into his owner as a display of love, what do you think one of these more aggressive wildcats will do? Bite your friends carotid artery while he sleeps.

gigantes
12-17-2015, 06:57 PM
nice intentions i guess, but a terrible idea from pretty much every other angle.

at best i would make the offer to him (not surprise him) and let him do the research. but still i probably wouldn't.

btw, a bobcat IS a type of lynx and i think any lynx is going to be too big and wild for a small apt. i think jon jones has a caracal, but he's also a multi-millionaire who can afford more space and has other people to help out with it.

senelcoolidge
12-17-2015, 07:04 PM
I going to visit this establishment this weekend and take another look at these felines. I was most impressed with the carcal, those ears. They are so cute as kittens. This will probably help my friend get more girls too. He can probably get the cat de-clawed. This place has all kinds of animals. Big ass snakes, a hawksbill turtle which I was told is critically endangered, lemurs, vultures, and other animals. I'm surprised they haven't busted this place. It's literally a zoo but not in the open.

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 07:10 PM
These are wild f*cking cats. I'm just wondering what would be best suited for a small one bedroom apartment in the city. It will be a kitten, so it will be like a regular cat at the beginning. They are pricey too, so I just want to pick the right one.

...none? You don't buy a wildcat for a one bedroom apartment. This guy is obviously trolling though because nobody can be this stupid.

~primetime~
12-17-2015, 07:17 PM
I looked into this for myself in the past:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288719&page=5

after researching, it is obvious that this should NOT be done...it requires someone who is absolutely dedicated to it.

Listen to me...a carcal in an apartment would be an absolute nightmare...it would piss on EVERYTHING...they do not use litter boxes. And it would trash everything as well, even if you removed the claws (which is inhumane for a wild animal). Your friend would be praying for you to take it away from him.

Akrazotile
12-17-2015, 07:24 PM
I looked into this for myself in the past:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288719&page=5

after researching, it is obvious that this should NOT be done...it requires someone who is absolutely dedicated to it.

Listen to me...a carcal in an apartment would be an absolute nightmare...it would piss on EVERYTHING...they do not use litter boxes. And it would trash everything as well, even if you removed the claws (which is inhumane for a wild animal). Your friend would be praying for you to take it away from him.

Well it wouldnt be 'wild' if he kept it at home, yes?

SaltyMeatballs
12-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Go to your local zoo at night and try to steal the lion (be careful, you MIGHT just end up dying)

I'm sure your friend will love it

~primetime~
12-17-2015, 07:34 PM
It would still be considered a wild animal they can't be domesticated, and they are much more reliant on their claws than domesticated cats. They need outside time.

Many consider it inhumane to remove claws from domesticated cats too.

Smoke117
12-17-2015, 07:47 PM

...you can't domesticate a wild animal. It will always be "wild".

gigantes
12-17-2015, 11:08 PM
...you can't domesticate a wild animal. It will always be "wild".
not true. people have successfully domesticated a whole range of wild animals, from hippos to squirrels to raccoons to reptiles... you name it.

but that doesn't mean it's easy or a good idea for most folks. in fact it can be a huge PITA project, even if you're indeed getting it as a baby so it can imprint favorably upon humans.

judging from OP's last post, i don't think he really gives a shit about animal welfare, tho. he's checking out the black market and thinks it's 'cool' that critically-endangered animals are up for sale...

senelcoolidge
12-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Darwinism right? Those endangered animals were dumb enough to get caught and are now in the black market. But I do hope that who ever buys them at the end will be responsible owners and give them a loving home. I'm having some second thoughts because I saw pictures of some of these cats when they're adults. They can be big a## f#ck. The bobcat was the smaller of the three. It looks like a regular house cat just bigger and has longer facial hair. I'll get it neutered/spay and declawed for my friend. I know this guy that used to work in a vets office and he can do it for cheap.

imdaman99
12-18-2015, 02:27 PM
1 bedroom is not enough for a wild cat :oldlol: Better to get him a gold fish or one of them fighting beta fish.

~primetime~
12-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Darwinism right? Those endangered animals were dumb enough to get caught and are now in the black market. But I do hope that who ever buys them at the end will be responsible owners and give them a loving home. I'm having some second thoughts because I saw pictures of some of these cats when they're adults. They can be big a## f#ck. The bobcat was the smaller of the three. It looks like a regular house cat just bigger and has longer facial hair. I'll get it neutered/spay and declawed for my friend. I know this guy that used to work in a vets office and he can do it for cheap.
If you insist on doing this a bobcat might be the best way to go because once the owner realizes he doesn't want a fcking bobcat in his apartment he can release it into the wild.

BUT, if you get it declawed, it would die out in the wild....so please don't do that.

senelcoolidge
12-18-2015, 02:49 PM
Wow, I wish this guy had sand cats. They are small and require little water. Bitches love this sh#t. I don't think a bobcat will cut it. I like the caracal but they can get really big. I know they are aggressive but even if it's declawed I don't want to remove it's teeth. I'm going to ask this guy if he can get me a sand cat, I'll probably buy it for myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sh4tu5Xfhw

sand cat

highwhey
12-18-2015, 03:00 PM
It would still be considered a wild animal they can't be domesticated, and they are much more reliant on their claws than domesticated cats. They need outside time.

Many consider it inhumane to remove claws from domesticated cats too.
It is inhumane. Cats use their claws to hunt, take them away and they will starve. Especially a wild cat, how the hell will it survive when it decides to run away??

SugarHill
12-18-2015, 03:19 PM
why not just get a savannah cat? you get an exotic and big cat that is a hybrid and domesticated to an extent. you get the best of both worlds without giving a friend an animal than can take them out. A lynx would fvck you up no question

http://www.catswallpapers.net/wallpapers/nice-savannah-cat-photo.jpg

hateraid
12-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Don't do it...it will just end up in a cat shelter with the hundred other exotic cats that people realized were impossible to keep.

You can not tame those cats, they don't use litter boxes they piss on everything, it isn't anything like a house cat at all....if they get outside they are GONE.

This. It just seems incredibly irresponsible. To get something for the wow factor that will probably grow tiresome in a short while

imdaman99
12-18-2015, 03:23 PM
What happened to Mike Tyson's tiger? Anyone know? If anyone was irresponsible about these things, it would have been him.
Just don't tell me it got put down or something like that :(

Draz
12-18-2015, 03:36 PM
Get that fool a baby tiger

Draz
12-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Dam. Those cats look scary asf. I'm a dog guy tho.. Could imagine one of those giant exotic cats inches away from me I'd piss my pants

SugarHill
12-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Get that fool a baby tiger
just get a fully grown tiger and sedate it to the point it's completely kocked out and leave it in his crib and tell him you bought the most realistic model out there for 20 grand

gigantes
12-18-2015, 06:05 PM
darwin my ass.

humans are pretty much the trickiest, most determined and powerful animals on the planet. if we want to capture any kind of animal at all, we can. if we want to destroy a mountain, we can. if we want to live in space, we can. that doesn't mean that doing anything in particular is especially hard to do or a good idea.

CavaliersFTW
12-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Thinking about reporting OP to the authorities.

Wild animals are not out there to be sold, purchased or owned as pets.

OP openly discussing "black market" IE illegal shit. Idiotic to even post this, anyone who posts about illegal activity on the internet is not very bright. This is a paper trail documenting your illegal activity.

highwhey
12-18-2015, 06:09 PM
just get a fully grown tiger and sedate it to the point it's completely kocked out and leave it in his crib and tell him you bought the most realistic model out there for 20 grand
I can totally see this being a prank "hey bro check your backyard, i got you a gift "

Only If they weren't so expensive :(

CavaliersFTW
12-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Maybe I can spay/neuter it. That should make it more docile like a regular cat but with the exotic-ness factor.
Yes, please bring an illegally obtained animal to the vet to have them perform spay/neuter surgery on it.

So that they take custody of it and throw your ass in jail.

LBJ 23
12-18-2015, 06:17 PM
OP forget it. As majority of posters said, wild animals cannot be treated as pets atleast not for average Joe.

senelcoolidge
12-18-2015, 06:41 PM
Thinking about reporting OP to the authorities.

Wild animals are not out there to be sold, purchased or owned as pets.

OP openly discussing "black market" IE illegal shit. Idiotic to even post this, anyone who posts about illegal activity on the internet is not very bright. This is a paper trail documenting your illegal activity.

:oldlol: stop trolling. we're just discussing pets. In this case an exotic pet for a friend. It's harmless. I'm going to the place this weekend to take another look at these cats. More than likely I won't get any. But I would still like a sand cat and that savannah cat is pretty badass. Too bad they don't have any of those, but I could put in a request. I wonder how these guys get these animals, I seriously doubt they would tell me. When I was there I saw some Chinese dudes, they looked like they had money.

CavaliersFTW
12-18-2015, 07:34 PM
:oldlol: stop trolling. we're just discussing pets. In this case an exotic pet for a friend. It's harmless. I'm going to the place this weekend to take another look at these cats. More than likely I won't get any. But I would still like a sand cat and that savannah cat is pretty badass. Too bad they don't have any of those, but I could put in a request. I wonder how these guys get these animals, I seriously doubt they would tell me. When I was there I saw some Chinese dudes, they looked like they had money.
I'm not trolling. What you're making a thread about is illegal and it is illegal for the specific reasons that it is inhumane and irresponsible.

Your friend can not provide a wild animal the life that it needs, let alone deserves. Neither can you. Neither can the people who illegally captured the animals. And by purchasing one you are supporting activity that cares not for animals but solely for the selfish with more money than brains.

As far as I'm concerned the fact that you're even considering this means you must be ignorant on the topic - which is fine because that is forgivable, we are all ignorant about things which we are not given adequate exposure to. If you're not reconsidering this move despite what others here are telling you, you're scum. Ideally you should consider reporting those people involved in illegally trading animals. Not purchasing from them. You mentioned animals they are selling that aren't even from this continent, which means it is an internationally illegal organization.

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/press_releases/2013/10/illegal-internet-wildlife-trafficking-investigation-arrests-made.html?credit=web_id85552120

http://www.fws.gov/international/travel-and-trade/illegal-wildlife-trade.html

This is not something to joke around about, and it certainly isn't something to follow through with if you're in any way being serious.

Smoke117
12-18-2015, 07:58 PM

I still can't believe this dumb ass put a bobcat up there on his original OP...you realize an adult bobcat can kill a human being right? If you do have a pet bobcat...you certainly don't keep it in a goddamn one bedroom apartment. Even in the few states and places it is legal to own one you have to build an enclosure for it.

CavaliersFTW
12-18-2015, 08:04 PM
I still can't believe this dumb ass put a bobcat up there on his original OP...you realize an adult bobcat can kill a human being right? If you do have a pet bobcat...you certainly don't keep it in a goddamn one bedroom apartment. Even in the few states and places it is legal to own one you have to build an enclosure for it.
You don't even build an enclosure - you simply don't do it, because it's illegal in all 50 states.

CavaliersFTW
12-18-2015, 08:09 PM
I'm tempted to email that contact at humanesociety.org right now because he mentioned caracols which are from Africa and that implies the "black market" he admits to having valuable information about (such as their location) is International and with certainty needs to be shut down and arrests need to be made. But I'll wait for him to let us know if he was joking first. He should report it himself if he's actually got information.

gigantes
12-18-2015, 08:14 PM
young bro has apparently not yet completed his coursework in "things you don't talk about abusing online."

Draz
12-18-2015, 08:30 PM
Just reported OP

Gonna have to eat my ass like a cupcake now

senelcoolidge
12-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Ok ok I won't buy any wild cats. It's done. Just wanted to hear people's ideas. No need to blow this out of proportions. How about them Cavs? Did you see how Lebron concussed that lady, damn!

SugarHill
12-18-2015, 09:06 PM
Ok ok I won't buy any wild cats. It's done. Just wanted to hear people's ideas. No need to blow this out of proportions. How about them Cavs? Did you see how Lebron concussed that lady, damn!
:roll: :cheers:

TommyGriffin
12-18-2015, 09:31 PM
SnitchFTL is a punk, go beat off to some Wilt videos.

CavaliersFTW
12-18-2015, 09:51 PM
SnitchFTL is a punk, go beat off to some Wilt videos.
Caring about snitching over caring about what you believe is right is what is punk behavior. Stigma against snitching in and of itself is only buying into the intimidation and bully tactics used by those who make livings doing illegal or immoral things. Are you a little sheep, do you really believe you should never stand up for what is right for fear of snitching? You'd fit right into prison life if that's really all you care about. Real life isn't prison life though. We don't want scum free to do their "don't snitch on me" business in our society. We want those kinds of people in prisons. Other prisoners can worry about not snitching on them.

Smoke117
12-18-2015, 10:12 PM
You don't even build an enclosure - you simply don't do it, because it's illegal in all 50 states.

I'm pretty sure it's legal in a few states:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEsd561B-5U

CavaliersFTW
12-18-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm pretty sure it's legal in a few states:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEsd561B-5U
Why do you think that lady was even in court, smoke? The only reason she even got to keep it is because she claimed that "wild" animal is mixed with a domestic animal that she claims is more parts domesticated cat than wild bobcat. And even then she wasn't allowed to keep it without the judge penalizing her and forcing her to make special expensive accommodations to protect the animal and the public.

That's a grey area/special circumstance - and she was rightfully put on trial because it is illegal to own wild animals in all 50 states.

Bosnian Sajo
12-19-2015, 01:33 PM
I can't believe some of yall took this dude seriously :oldlol:

"There is a black market in my city blah blah blah zoo inside of a building guyths!!" Gtfo, smh.

gigantes
12-19-2015, 05:02 PM
I can't believe some of yall took this dude seriously :oldlol:

"There is a black market in my city blah blah blah zoo inside of a building guyths!!" Gtfo, smh.
i guess you don't read the news much.

senelcoolidge
12-19-2015, 06:38 PM
I went to the place this morning. I didn't buy anything. I looked at the cats and some of the other animals there. Cell phones and cameras not allowed, so I couldn't take pics. Yeah, it's shady, but these guys are protecting their products. A friend of a friend felt that he trusted me enough to show me this place. I know Cavs is a PETA member and probably favors green peace as well, he's passionate about animals. I respect that. Sorry to offend you. Don't report me to the authorities or any of the other guys here. I know that people here will be much more careful in what they share about here especially with Cavs around.

TommyGriffin
12-19-2015, 07:06 PM
Caring about snitching over caring about what you believe is right is what is punk behavior. Stigma against snitching in and of itself is only buying into the intimidation and bully tactics used by those who make livings doing illegal or immoral things. Are you a little sheep, do you really believe you should never stand up for what is right for fear of snitching? You'd fit right into prison life if that's really all you care about. Real life isn't prison life though. We don't want scum free to do their "don't snitch on me" business in our society. We want those kinds of people in prisons. Other prisoners can worry about not snitching on them.

So op is "scum" because he was thinking about buying someone a cat that wasn't approved by the US Government? Ok.

Then you have to go renegade on this "scum" and make sure to report him to the authorities because you heard about this potential illegal cat giving.

If you were in 1940's Germany you would probably be one of those guys following the orders, loading the Jews onto railroad cars, thinking it's the right thing the entire time.

Take a step back and gain some perspective.

CavaliersFTW
12-19-2015, 07:13 PM
So op is "scum" because he was thinking about buying someone a cat that wasn't approved by the US Government? Ok.

Then you have to go renegade on this "scum" and make sure to report him to the authorities because you heard about this potential illegal cat giving.

If you were in 1940's Germany you would probably be one of those guys following the orders, loading the Jews onto railroad cars, thinking it's the right thing the entire time.

Take a step back and gain some perspective.
I'm siding with the thing with no voice that is being used for personal gain at the expense of its poor individual treatment. If this was the 1940s U.S. id be lobbying to have these laws put in place. If Germany, I'd leave that country and help as many Jewish families as possible along the way. Don't assume my position or perspective :no:

All I did was rattle a sword at OP to see if he was trolling.

TommyGriffin
12-19-2015, 07:19 PM
I'm siding with the thing with no voice that is being used for personal gain at the expense of its poor individual treatment. If this was the 1940s U.S. id be lobbying to have these laws put in place. If Germany, I'd leave that country and help as many Jewish families as possible along the way. Don't assume my position or perspective :no:

All I did was rattle a sword at OP to see if he was trolling.

Poor individual treatment? You don't know how the animal's are raised. You are the one assuming positions and perspectives.

You are totally full of it by the way, you would be snitching like hell on the refugees. Doing the right thing of course...