PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumor: Mike Conley to Knicks for Assets

bluechox2
12-18-2015, 05:45 AM
http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/72456/20151217/nba-trade-rumors-mike-conley-knicks-projected-grizzlies-push-through.htm

not sure if reliable or not, but the deal seems pretty fair... knicks give up another unprotected pick (go figure) and young players and gives grizzlies a cheaper option at pg if they cant offer a max

JerrySeinfeld
12-18-2015, 05:46 AM
Conley, Afflalo, KD, Melo, Zinger

Championship

GIF REACTION
12-18-2015, 05:54 AM
Memphis needs to go full Boston post big three mode.

bluechox2
12-18-2015, 05:58 AM
i guess the slow start has questioned management whether its worth it to keep all these high salary players if they gonna just get knocked out of the 2nd round each year in a small market

if they blow it up, send gasol to boston for all their picks

Black and White
12-18-2015, 05:59 AM
I was literally discussing a Knicks trade for Conley this morning with my brother, I think its a great move for NY

bluechox2
12-18-2015, 06:01 AM
throw in matt barnes and its a deal :lol

poido123
12-18-2015, 06:28 AM
Nice target.

Knicks just need a steady tough PG to run the ship. Conley is one of the best.

GIF REACTION
12-18-2015, 06:35 AM
Maybe Chicago can get in there thru a 3 team deal or something

They could very much use Conley

Haymaker
12-18-2015, 08:19 AM
I relly like this for the Knicks Conley gets the role and exposure he deserves and Knicks get a true high character PG who will run the offense very well.

Phenith
12-18-2015, 08:21 AM
If he is truly available for little concrete value in return there will probably be a bunch of teams interested, Conley is a solid all around PG who is already familiar with good team ball.
I imagine he would be really solid in a developed small ball system... honestly, he could make the Bucks a really scary team, they have the assets to trade and PG is their only real hole(besides experience which takes time).

LootOP
12-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Damn Chinese taking over the clickbait business.

Sarcastic
12-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Chinatopix? Yea not believing that shit.

And why would the Knicks give up assets for him when they can get him as a free agent next year?

DMAVS41
12-18-2015, 10:21 AM
i guess the slow start has questioned management whether its worth it to keep all these high salary players if they gonna just get knocked out of the 2nd round each year in a small market

if they blow it up, send gasol to boston for all their picks

It's doubtful Conley comes back...so trading him now makes a ton of sense.

They should move Zach and Tony as well. Not sure anyone wants Tony, but I bet you could make a team take him.

Time to start over around Marc.

Maybe Randolph/Barnes to the Bulls for Pau and filler? Unite the Gasol brothers!

Xiao Yao You
12-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Doesn't seem like the typical triangle pg to me.

Snyder loves him and they certainly have plenty of assets to dangle. They'd have to feel pretty confident they could re-sign him though.

Pushxx
12-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Mike Conley fits with Melo well.

Conley will get max money, so it comes down to whether or not the Grizzlies want to pay him that. Memphis should be content keeping their core since it brought them so much relative success lately, and it revitalized their franchise and fanbase.

They are either gonna grasp to keep their core, or they are gonna go nuclear. I can't wait to see what they end up doing.

ralph_i_el
12-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Chinatopix? Yea not believing that shit.

And why would the Knicks give up assets for him when they can get him as a free agent next year?

:roll: :applause:
Knicks fans and those short memories

Levity
12-18-2015, 01:49 PM
if theyre getting rid on conley for the knicks "assets", MEM might as well start over.

dangle marc out there and hopefully boston bites with an assortment of picks. sell randolph to the highest bidder, put feelers out for green and allen. start fresh next season and develop new, young talent. because an aging and "depleted" grizzlies squad isnt attracting a game changing FA.

imdaman99
12-18-2015, 02:00 PM
What are the chances they can get him in free agency without giving up assets? Because they need to stop trading picks. They have shitty role players right now. I'd rather sign him and then draft role players to round out the team.

ralph_i_el
12-18-2015, 02:02 PM
What are the chances they can get him in free agency without giving up assets? Because they need to stop trading picks. They have shitty role players right now. I'd rather sign him and then draft role players to round out the team.

If the Grizz are planning on him leaving, then he'll be traded before the offseason.

5% chance

ProfessorMurder
12-18-2015, 02:05 PM
:oldlol: Why would Memphis do this?

If anything they'd sign-and-trade him in the summer.

TaLvsCuaL
12-18-2015, 02:19 PM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/b1406ea40336dc68e5404b380c391d96/tumblr_nr5kks2QoA1tkg9nqo1_500.gif

sammichoffate
12-18-2015, 03:36 PM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/b1406ea40336dc68e5404b380c391d96/tumblr_nr5kks2QoA1tkg9nqo1_500.gif:(

ZeN
12-18-2015, 03:55 PM
throw in matt barnes and its a deal :lol
:roll:

Sarcastic
12-18-2015, 03:55 PM
:roll: :applause:
Knicks fans and those short memories

I'm not even saying he will sign with us, but what is the point of giving up picks for a rental? We're not contending with him.

DMAVS41
12-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Mike Conley fits with Melo well.

Conley will get max money, so it comes down to whether or not the Grizzlies want to pay him that. Memphis should be content keeping their core since it brought them so much relative success lately, and it revitalized their franchise and fanbase.

They are either gonna grasp to keep their core, or they are gonna go nuclear. I can't wait to see what they end up doing.

Conley won't make them contenders on a max contract...so I think it would be a poor decision.

Hell, Conley might not even want to come back even if they were going to pay him.

I think you blow it up and have the chance to rebuild on the fly because you have Marc, will get real assets for some of your guys, and will have loads of cap space.

Levity
12-18-2015, 04:01 PM
, will get real assets for some of your guys

i feel the opposite way. marc is the only guy that can net them "real" assets. conley is fantastic, but no team will sell the farm (or their future) for him. zbo wont get you much either, in my opinion. marc can get a bunch of firsts from the celtics.

so if you go the route of keeping marc and selling the rest, the grizzlies are years away from contention (with marc getting older every year), because theres no game changing free agent knocking on their door.

if they dont feel they can compete with the current core... well maybe its time to start over via the draft.

DMAVS41
12-18-2015, 04:06 PM
i feel the opposite way. marc is the only guy that can net them "real" assets. conley is fantastic, but no team will sell the farm (or their future) for him. zbo wont get you much either, in my opinion. marc can get a bunch of firsts from the celtics.

so if you go the route of keeping marc and selling the rest, the grizzlies are years away from contention (with marc getting older every year), because theres no game changing free agent knocking on their door.

if they dont feel they can compete with the current core... well maybe its time to start over via the draft.

You could definitely get two trades going centered around mike and zach that would bring back some picks and a young player or two.

i think they can do both....i think they should move these guys immediately and keep Marc. Suck....get a lottery pick....and see what you can do in free agency.

I'd understand the argument if the Grizzlies were good still, but they aren't. Their style can't win anymore and Mike might be gone regardless and Zach isn't really helping them.

Someone would definitely give up something real for Conley for the rest of the year with the chance to sign him.

Mawly-G
12-18-2015, 04:11 PM
Houston is looking to move Ty Lawson after yet ANOTHER DUI :facepalm

What are the chances that the Knicks bite?

JimmyMcAdocious
12-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Conley for Haywood tpe? He would make a solid 8th man on the Cavs.

JohnFreeman
12-18-2015, 08:08 PM
that's a game changer

imnew09
12-18-2015, 08:22 PM
Memphis were a Kobe away from winning the Chip.

Too bad, Kobe is too loyal

Xiao Yao You
12-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Houston is looking to move Ty Lawson after yet ANOTHER DUI :facepalm

What are the chances that the Knicks bite?

he fits the triangle?

bluechox2
12-18-2015, 10:54 PM
brooklyn would likely bite on ty lawson...they desperate

raprap
12-18-2015, 11:11 PM
If the knicks pull it off :applause:

They just need a consistent pg to replace calderon. Galloway is a nice a back up but not a starter yet.

ralph_i_el
12-20-2015, 12:55 AM
I'm not even saying he will sign with us, but what is the point of giving up picks for a rental? We're not contending with him.

and I'm saying that's exactly what the Knicks did when they got Melo. They could have signed him outright in the offseason, but they traded a ton of assets for him instead.

Sarcastic
12-20-2015, 01:17 AM
and I'm saying that's exactly what the Knicks did when they got Melo. They could have signed him outright in the offseason, but they traded a ton of assets for him instead.

It's a totally different situation. For 1, Melo >>> Conley. 2 Melo would have signed with whoever traded for him because of the uncertainty of the lockout. 3 Melo wanted to be in NY metro area because of his wife. There is no evidence Conley wants to be in NY, and not certain he would sign an extension. 4 Knicks don't have to be in win now mode. They can choose to trade Melo and build around Porzingis. They were in win now mode in 2010 since they didn't have a 20 year old franchise player in their back pocket. 5 Phil isn't even a PG type of gm. He doesn't believe an elite PG is necessary to winning. He believes in the triangle which minimizes PGs.