PDA

View Full Version : Obama End of Year News Conference 10am PT

MMKM
12-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Get ready for more spin moves than Andrew Wiggins. Can't wait.

NumberSix
12-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Is he a black?

MMKM
12-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Can't wait to count how many times he uses the phrase "ISIL." If he could leave both "I"s out he'd do that too.

UK2K
12-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Get ready for more spin moves than Andrew Wiggins. Can't wait.

https://media.giphy.com/media/qoxM1gi6i0V9e/giphy.gif

ISIS is contained.

Radical Islam (he wont say the words, but something to that effect) isn't a threat.

Global warming (or climate change, depending on the data) is going to kill us all.

Christians killed people in the crusades.

The speech will go something like that.

rufuspaul
12-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Kevin NYC will probably be there.

MMKM
12-18-2015, 01:46 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/qoxM1gi6i0V9e/giphy.gif

ISIS is contained.

Radical Islam (he wont say the words, but something to that effect) isn't a threat.

Global warming (or climate change, depending on the data) is going to kill us all.

Christians killed people in the crusades.

The speech will go something like that.

He won't say ISIS he'll say ISIL. If he could call it the All Religions State of Everybody, he would gladly do it

UK2K
12-18-2015, 01:56 PM
He won't say ISIS he'll say ISIL. If he could call it the All Religions State of Everybody, he would gladly do it

Trump would call them Daesh, pull his ******* through his zipper, and rub it all over their flag with a smile on his face.

If Obama would do that, I'd be a happy man.

KevinNYC
12-18-2015, 04:54 PM
The S vs L matters to you?

BasedTom
12-18-2015, 04:56 PM
why would you use barbarian timezone

trump's wall should include much of california as well

DonDadda59
12-18-2015, 05:03 PM

Why won't he just say the magic words 'Radical Islam'? Now he won't say the letter 'S'?

PC really is destroying America. No wonder we're living in Mad Max conditions.

MMKM
12-18-2015, 05:04 PM

S for Syria identifies a country that is a terrorist ISIS hotbed.
L for Levant is a generalized word that has ambiguity as to what countries are included and excluded. Thus Obama uses L in order to not have to "label" Syria. It's subtle, but it's the reason why he will never say ISIS. "Mr Transparency" tries to be as ambiguous as possible at all times.

KevinNYC
12-18-2015, 05:42 PM
S for Syria identifies a country that is a terrorist ISIS hotbed.
L for Levant is a generalized word that has ambiguity as to what countries are included and excluded. Thus Obama uses L in order to not have to "label" Syria. It's subtle, but it's the reason why he will never say ISIS. "Mr Transparency" tries to be as ambiguous as possible at all times.
This is just silly.

The S is not for Syria. It's for al-Sham. They don't use Western names.

ISIL is what the group called itself first before calling themselves just IS, the Islamic State.

al-Sham can be translated as the Levant.

The US government tends to stay with the name as first used. The CIA still refers to Usama Bin Laden. (https://www.cia.gov/news-information/cia-the-war-on-terrorism/usama-bin-ladin-operation/usama-bin-ladin-photos.html)

MMKM
12-18-2015, 06:00 PM
This is just silly.

The S is not for Syria. It's for al-Sham. They don't use Western names.

ISIL is what the group called itself first before calling themselves just IS, the Islamic State.

al-Sham can be translated as the Levant.

The US government tends to stay with the name as first used. The CIA still refers to Usama Bin Laden. (https://www.cia.gov/news-information/cia-the-war-on-terrorism/usama-bin-ladin-operation/usama-bin-ladin-photos.html)

Western translation of ISIS the S is Syria, common knowledge. That's how 99% of America recognizes it and why he avoids it.

MMKM
12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
My favorite quote from today: "Closing Gitmo is part of our counterterrorism strategy."

...because despite a single shred of evidence Gitmo is a recruiting tool.:oldlol:

This guy is such a f@cking queer how can anybody like him

Trollsmasher
12-18-2015, 06:24 PM
does anybody have a bingo?

UK2K
12-18-2015, 07:34 PM
does anybody have a bingo?
No mention of the crusades.

I was close though.

rufuspaul
12-19-2015, 08:32 AM
It must be nice to be able to end your year on 12/18

UK2K
12-19-2015, 02:23 PM
It must be nice to be able to end your year on 12/18
Pinpoint international is one of our vendors.

They closed 12/18 to 1/4.

And they aren't the only ones. Mercury lighting in Canada is closed for almost two weeks too.