PDA

View Full Version : Wade's status as a legend?

NLZ
12-18-2015, 09:22 PM
I don't follow rankings that often for players, but isn't he considered to be top 30 ever? He's in the final year(s) of his career yet noone really treats him or views him as a "legend" This is especially evident when he's in visiting arenas or any broadcast I watch involving a Miami Heat game. Sometimes they go like an hour without even mentioning his name...

I think it has to do a bit with him conceding to LeBron and people viewing him as a #2 tyoe of player now.. is this legit thinking behind this?

warriorfan
12-18-2015, 09:23 PM
Wade and LeBron's Hall of Fame status is going to be highly questionable once the league cracks down on PED's, similar to what happened in baseball.

dubeta
12-18-2015, 09:30 PM
He was a good 1st option on a losing team in his prime, and a okay 2nd option on a championship team, good player but dont really think he's a 'legend' or anything close.

f0und
12-18-2015, 09:33 PM
He was a good 1st option on a losing team in his prime, and a okay 2nd option on a championship team, good player but dont really think he's a 'legend' or anything close.

of course you dont brown stain

BasedTom
12-18-2015, 09:35 PM
top 20-30 range unless you're a lebron dickrider

SouBeachTalents
12-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Of the 2000's era, he's in the second tier of legends imo

Tier 1: Duncan, Shaq, LeBron, Kobe

Tier 2: KG, Dirk, Wade

VengefulAngel
12-18-2015, 09:37 PM
top 20-30 range unless you're a lebron dickrider

you forced me type this, I'm a Wade rider. 15-20.

Young X
12-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Wade was underrated by the media long before he teamed up with Lebron. It's because of his injuries in '07 and '08 I think. Had he stayed healthy those 2 seasons and rode the momentum of the 2006 championship season then he would be viewed in a higher light and had have much more media hype.

WayOfWade
12-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Yeah he's a legend, just one of the more disrespected legends out there

dhsilv
12-18-2015, 09:43 PM
I'd rank him over say John Stockton who I'd say is a legend so there.

RoseCity07
12-18-2015, 09:48 PM
At Wade's best he was comparable to Michael Jordan and certainly better than Kobe. He just didn't have a long prime.

VengefulAngel
12-18-2015, 09:53 PM
At Wade's best he was comparable to Michael Jordan and certainly better than Kobe. He just didn't have a long prime.

Great post.

DMV2
12-18-2015, 10:15 PM
23-29 range...could easily have top 15 if he had a healthy career.

20Four
12-18-2015, 11:04 PM
You fvcking idiot, go smack yourself now

RoseCity07
12-18-2015, 11:27 PM
You fvcking idiot, go smack yourself now

He has a career PER a full point higher than Kobe. Wade had one season where he had a PER of 30. In Kobe's best season his PER was 28. Wade had a PER of over 25 six times in his career. Kobe did it three times.

A lot of people complain PER is a joke but it's actually a really good indicator of what an all-star is or an MVP. All-stars are typically players with a PER of 20 or higher. MVP players are near 30. Those two players were used enough that PER tells you a great deal about how good they are in comparison. It's a mathematical formula. It doesn't have a bias. Numbers don't have allegiance to Kobe like his dick riders.

HOoopCityJones
12-19-2015, 12:05 AM
Of the 2000's era, he's in the second tier of legends imo

Tier 1: Duncan, Shaq, LeBron, Kobe

Tier 2: KG, Dirk, Wade

How the **** is a 5 time champion last in the era where he created the bulk of his legacy? At worst he's second behind Shaq, third behind Tim.

Lebron has no case, didn't even win a ring until 2012.

SouBeachTalents
12-19-2015, 12:11 AM
How the **** is a 5 time champion last in the era where he created the bulk of his legacy? At worst he's second behind Shaq, third behind Tim.

Woah, those weren't even ranked, I just listed the players in each tier. Wow, the insecurity though, holy shit :lol

Hey Yo
12-19-2015, 12:27 AM

Kobe was in the league for 10yrs before he took his team to the Finals.

LeBron did it in 4yrs

Kobe won B2B titles and FMVP...but when LeBron did it, he was the underdog in 2012 and then came back, down 2-3 against the Spurs, with a great game 7 where Bosh, Miller, Allen and Haslem were held w/o a point.

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

GrapeApe
12-19-2015, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure I agree with OP. I watch all the Heat games on league pass and the road announcers always seem to give him a lot of respect and praise, calling him the 3rd greatest SG, a future HOFer, an all-time great, etc...He's still a great draw for road crowds and he gets plenty of ooh's and ahh's from opposing fans.

I agree that he's been underrated for much of his career, but I think everyone associated with the game knows how great he was. His career just happened to coincide with 2 top 10 all-time perimeter players in Kobe and Lebron. At his best, Wade was right with those guys, and the majority of people recognize and appreciate his greatness. It's unfortunate the shoulder injury cost him 1 1/2 years of his prime.

Before the injury in 2007 he was averaging 29/8/6/3/1 on 50% with a 30+PER. When he returned healthy in 2009 he averaged 30/8/5/2/1 on 49% with a 30+PER. It's safe to say there would have been some pretty amazing basketball sandwiched between there had he not got hurt.

game3524
12-19-2015, 12:33 AM
Kobe was in the league for 10yrs before he took his team to the Finals.

LeBron did it in 4yrs

Kobe won B2B titles and FMVP...but when LeBron did it, he was the underdog in 2012 and then came back, down 2-3 against the Spurs, with a great game 7 where Bosh, Miller, Allen and Haslem were held w/o a point.

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

:oldlol:

Kobe didn't even get his own team till he was 26. If young Kobe got to play in the east, he likely makes it to finals in the same amount of time as Lebron.

Hey Yo
12-19-2015, 12:39 AM

Kobe didn't even get his own team till he was 26. If young Kobe got to play in the east, he likely makes it to finals in the same amount of time as Lebron.
Kobe could have had his own team his rookie year.....in the East

yet told NJ not to draft him. He wanted to play for the contending Lakers while knowing he would be riding the pine.

Anfernee
12-19-2015, 12:41 AM
He has a career PER a full point higher than Kobe. Wade had one season where he had a PER of 30. In Kobe's best season his PER was 28. Wade had a PER of over 25 six times in his career. Kobe did it three times.

A lot of people complain PER is a joke but it's actually a really good indicator of what an all-star is or an MVP. All-stars are typically players with a PER of 20 or higher. MVP players are near 30. Those two players were used enough that PER tells you a great deal about how good they are in comparison. It's a mathematical formula. It doesn't have a bias. Numbers don't have allegiance to Kobe like his dick riders.

:cheers:

GrapeApe
12-19-2015, 12:48 AM
One more thing I'll add, despite battling injuries throughout his career, Wade's longevity is turning out to be very solid. At nearly 34 years old he's still playing at a high level and is still among the top SG's in the game. In terms of SG's, only Jordan and Kobe have played at a comparable or better level at the same age. He's aging much more gracefully than most predicted, and that should help his legacy.

Funktion
12-19-2015, 12:51 AM
3/5

FKAri
12-19-2015, 12:52 AM

PER is a garbage argument but ya peak Wade is underrated. He's right there with Kobe/Bron.

BasedTom
12-19-2015, 12:55 AM
not respected in the twilight of his career? hell it could very well be Duncan, Pierce, and KG's final year but you don't see them getting the same Kobe worship

steve nash went as unceremoniously as you can imagine

jkidd made like 1 in 100 shots in his last stretch of his career

will ray allen ever play again? probably not.

24-Inch_Chrome
12-19-2015, 12:59 AM
Woah, those weren't even ranked, I just listed the players in each tier. Wow, the insecurity though, holy shit :lol

dubeta
12-19-2015, 01:12 AM
One more thing I'll add, despite battling injuries throughout his career, Wade's longevity is turning out to be very solid. At nearly 34 years old he's still playing at a high level and is still among the top SG's in the game. In terms of SG's, only Jordan and Kobe have played at a comparable or better level at the same age. He's aging much more gracefully than most predicted, and that should help his legacy.

longevity? lol

The last time Wade had a decent playoff run was in 2012, when he was 30

I dont care what he did in the regular season, he was decent in the playoffs from 2005-2012, with a no show in 2008,

So his longevity is actually like 6 seasons

Smoke117
12-19-2015, 01:26 AM

lol...when I saw his response I started busting up laughing. I didn't think you were ranking them either, but it looks pretty accurate to what I would put. (except KG who I feel is absolutely tier 1) Either way, that kobe stan insecurity he displayed will always be hilarious. He was really riled up. :oldlol:

GrapeApe
12-19-2015, 01:53 AM
longevity? lol

The last time Wade had a decent playoff run was in 2012, when he was 30

I dont care what he did in the regular season, he was decent in the playoffs from 2005-2012, with a no show in 2008,

So his longevity is actually like 6 seasons

Idoit logic, but that's to be expected. By your logic a player could average 25/5/5 at 40 years old in his 20th season and not have good longevity.

You're also equating injuries with longevity, which are two entirely different issues. Being injured for a playoff run or missing the playoffs due to injuries has nothing to do with longevity. A player can deal with injuries and still have great longevity. Coversely, a player can be healthy and have poor longevity.

The fact is, despite dealing with injuries in the past, Wade is playing very well for his age. That's longevity. He's also played in 24/25 games btw.

And gtfoh with Wade being only being "decent" in the playoffs from 2005-2012. 26/6/6/2/1 with 2 titles and a FMVP.

TheImmortal
12-19-2015, 02:14 AM
Get off the crack kid.. Prime Kobe is on another level. Even Wade would admit to Kobe being >>>> him. LOL at this ******ry.

SouBeachTalents
12-19-2015, 02:18 AM
Get off the crack kid.. Prime Kobe is on another level. Even Wade would admit to Kobe being >>>> him. LOL at this ******ry.

You're just as dumb if you think prime Kobe is ">>>>" than prime Wade. I wouldn't disagree if you said prime Kobe was better, but to act like they were THAT far apart is ridiculous

GrapeApe
12-19-2015, 02:36 AM
You're just as dumb if you think prime Kobe is ">>>>" than prime Wade. I wouldn't disagree if you said prime Kobe was better, but to act like they were THAT far apart is ridiculous

Yeah, if you want to say Kobe was better, fine, but they were obviously very close. No guard in history has been WAY better than 30/8/5, 2.2 spg, 1.3 bpg, 30+PER (or a playoff run of 28/6/6 and a FMVP).

AirFederer
12-19-2015, 02:37 AM

:rockon: :cheers:

OnFire
12-19-2015, 03:12 AM
Wade's Longevity Problem Myth...Wade is 33.

Regular Season Games Prior to their Age 34 season.
Wade - 804 and counting. (57 games left)
Jordan - 848
Iverson - 857
Miller - 851
West - 832
Ginobili - 633
Maravich - 658
Richmond - 801
Monroe - 811