PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Dream/Nightmare Analysis

MMKM
12-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Share your own if you dare. I have like 20 that I continuously cycle through, some are more psychotic than others....here are 3 of my most frequent ones for any Freuds out there who can explain them:

1. I'm running or biking through the hills and I'm attacked by a mountain lion. I manage to hold him off and break his neck. I always break the mountain lion's neck at the end of the dream to save myself.

2. It's late at night and I have to be somewhere in the morning. I have to drive 300-400 miles in the middle of the night. The freeways are all intertwined and confusing, I miss exits, but continue going anyway. It never ends with me arriving at my destination.

3. I'm back in high school, my senior year playing varsity bball. I'm the big man on campus. My junior year I tore it up and the school all has high expectations for me, but I've been skipping practice, eating junk and haven't stayed in shape. It's the home opener tonight and I'm heading to the gym wondering why I didn't prepare myself for this season. Then the dream stops. I never get to the actual game.

DonDadda59
12-19-2015, 12:28 AM
1. I'm running or biking through the hills and I'm attacked by a mountain lion. I manage to hold him off and break his neck. I always break the mountain lion's neck at the end of the dream to save myself.

You were Wilt Chamberlain in your past life. These are residual memories.

2. It's late at night and I have to be somewhere in the morning. I have to drive 300-400 miles in the middle of the night. The freeways are all intertwined and confusing, I miss exits, but continue going anyway. It never ends with me arriving at my destination.

You're gonna die.

3. I'm back in high school, my senior year playing varsity bball. I'm the big man on campus. My junior year I tore it up and the school all has high expectations for me, but I've been skipping practice, eating junk and haven't stayed in shape. It's the home opener tonight and I'm heading to the gym wondering why I didn't prepare myself for this season. Then the dream stops. I never get to the actual game.

You're a choke artist and you're gonna die.

MMKM
12-19-2015, 12:32 AM
Number 1 I'll take it. 2 and 3 not so much

DonDadda59
12-19-2015, 12:36 AM
Number 1 I'll take it. 2 and 3 not so much

In all seriousness, looks like you're worried about your path in life and you have anxiety about expectations about yourself... Expectations you feel you are not living up to because you are not committed fully to realizing your potential.

Regarding the mountain lion-

To see a mountain lion in your dream represents lurking danger, aggression and raw emotions. You need to keep your attitude and emotions in check. Alternatively, the mountain lion symbolizes pride and grace.
Source: dream dictionary

So sounds like whatever danger or emotional turmoil you face, you'll eventually overcome it (kill it).

That'll be $39.95

Draz
12-19-2015, 12:41 AM
I've had the same dreams since I was 6-10. Exactly the same, very minimum changes. All of me in different houses I used to live in, never in the house my parents baught. Never had a single fcking dream in this house and I've lived here for about 10 years now.

MMKM
12-19-2015, 12:56 AM
I've had the same dreams since I was 6-10. Exactly the same, very minimum changes. All of me in different houses I used to live in, never in the house my parents baught. Never had a single fcking dream in this house and I've lived here for about 10 years now.

Care to elaborate?

MMKM
12-19-2015, 12:59 AM
In all seriousness, looks like you're worried about your path in life and you have anxiety about expectations about yourself... Expectations you feel you are not living up to because you are not committed fully to realizing your potential.

Regarding the mountain lion-

To see a mountain lion in your dream represents lurking danger, aggression and raw emotions. You need to keep your attitude and emotions in check. Alternatively, the mountain lion symbolizes pride and grace.
Source: dream dictionary

So sounds like whatever danger or emotional turmoil you face, you'll eventually overcome it (kill it).

That'll be $39.95

That's seriously pretty good, I have to say.

MMKM
12-19-2015, 01:10 AM
I have only had a recurring dream once (or twice however you wanna look at it)

I would be in my room at my parents house, then hear a loud noise and lights outside, so I look out my window and see a car tearing through all my neighbors lawns, then the car would flip around and head straight for me. Right before it would crash into my room and hit me, I would wake up.

Had that dream 2 nights in a row a few years ago, but never had it since...

I would guess if you only had it twice it was probably related to a temporary problem or situation....that's all I got

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-19-2015, 01:12 AM
1) You shouldn't share your nightmares with the public. A good number of ancient cultures specifically warned against this act, as it spreads a curse. They've had precautions against them either through dreamcatchers, or certain things to chant prior to going to sleep.
Without going into details, I've had horrific nightmares through my teenage years that have began since I was a toddler and have stopped for very pleasant ones recently.
Ask me how I know? I've done it dozens of time and now reaping the negative consequences. Moreover, my younger sister is cursed with a great portion of them.

2) Your soul has from the looks of ISH wreaked been a strong mix of arrogance and sociopathy.

3) Freud is not a great dream analyzer. Joseph with his fancy colored coat is the master dream interpreter, a gift given to all Prophets. Carl Jung (who is so much more sane, well rounded, well developed.. an Aristotle to the Socrates) is second place.

Your first dream is about is fighting the inner savage (Dadda beat me to it) through bipolar disorder. Be extra cautious on your lows. Make sure no innocents are nearby when you let loose the rage. You're winning now but you'll have to "kill the beast" or subvert it's urges someway somehow. Stay far far away from alcohol and make sure to grow stronger in mind and practice being more loving/compassionate.

Your second dream is your inability to have limits to your conduct/speech and no guide or father figure or code of conduct to grant you direction. Basically you're lost and undisciplined. Do some soul-searching, find out what you want in life, head over there, and curb off any distractions that come forth. Hold yourself to a standard of morality as well.

Your third dream symbolizes you being on a decline from your prime and living in the past. It requires a conscious decision to change yourself to meet the new expectations life is about to hand you. The war you face now is a fresh and new one. Your Junior self can not deal with it.

Bump up the other dream logs of ISH.

ArbitraryWater
12-19-2015, 01:14 AM
Made a post on this somewhere here.. not sure if saved. Def. a few images or dreams kinda staying in your mind, not nec. nightmare stuff though, just interesting things.

MMKM
12-19-2015, 01:15 AM
1) You shouldn't share your nightmares with the public. A good number of ancient cultures specifically warned against this act, as it spreads a curse. They've had precautions against them either through dreamcatchers, or certain things to chant prior to going to sleep.
Without going into details, I've had horrific nightmares through my teenage years that have began since I was a toddler and have stopped for very pleasant ones recently.
Ask me how I know? I've done it dozens of time and now reaping the negative consequences. Moreover, my younger sister is cursed with a great portion of them.

2) Your soul has from the looks of ISH wreaked been a strong mix of arrogance and sociopathy.

3) Freud is not a great dream analyzer. Joseph with his fancy colored coat is the master dream interpretor. Jung is second place.

Your first dream is about is fighting the inner savage (Dadda beat me to it) through bipolar disorder. Be extra cautious on your lows. Make sure no innocents are nearby when you let loose the rage.

Your second dream is your inability to have limits to your conduct/speech and no guide or father figure r code of conduct to grant you direction. Basically you're lost and undisciplined.

Your third dream symbolizes you being on a decline from your prime and living in the past. It requires a conscious decision to change yourself to meet the new expectations life is about to hand you.

Interesting... Want to go deeper down the rabbit hole?

1987_Lakers
12-19-2015, 01:32 AM
Funny this thread was made because earlier today I was thinking about this horrific dream I had a few months back, it felt so real that it scared the shit out of me.

So in the dream I get invited to a party by some strange looking guys, I agree and go and see the most odd looking characters you will ever see, I don't know how to describe them, they were just odd looking people who seemed to have alot of troubles in their life, and for a party it was pretty quiet. I remember a couple of chicks approaching me and licking my face, I didn't feel turned on, I actually felt a bit creeped out. I saw a friend in the dream, once he saw me he said I was "very corrupt" and he acts very cold towards me. Later in the dream I see him with a black eye, I asked what happened to him and his face slowly changes to someone else and that black eye turns into a missing eye, it looks like he just got shot at point blank or something. I must also mention I saw this tall creepy guy in a suit in the kitchen, I don't know what it was about him, but I was filled with fear when I saw him, he wasn't aggressive or anything, he just looked creepy.

I then see this naked girl with big boobs dancing, I go and touch her boobs and she doesn't even look at me, she has no reaction. I seriously felt like I was at the most creepiest party imaginable. I wake up, or so I think I wake up, i look at the clock but I can't read the time, so I get up to turn the lights on in my room, lights don't work. At that moment I see a bright red light and feel paralyzed instantly, I couldn't move and felt instant fear. I remember thinking to myself to just calm down and don't panic and at that moment I wake up. Realized it was all a dream and I for some reason felt heat throughout my whole body.

Seriously the most ****ed up dream I ever had, the thing that got me was how real it felt. I remember I was up awake for 2 hours after I awoke to that dream, was too scared to go back to sleep.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-19-2015, 01:37 AM
In Islam, dreams can be split into:

- Ones that come directly from God i.e. premonitions and prophecies (super rare)
- Ones that come from your own soul (unfulfilled desires) [Most of them]
- Ones that come from evil forces (nightmares) [the uncommon ones]

Many of
The second is annoying and not much can be gained from it. You're horny, or or lost, or hungry, or pissed or whatever. Something anyone realizes with some time to themselves and private introspection lol.

The third type has no truth to it. The fear elicited wants to keep you off balance and away from happiness and love. Kind of like Pennywise and Freddy Krueger and Jeepers Creeper guy chasing the culprit around and around... until the person matures and realizes that it's not even freakin' real; they've been feeding it the whole time.

It's advised to pray right after.

- They are symbolic and emotional. If you dream of a family member, chances are it's actually about your anima or animus, younger or older depending upon which one. If you dream about objects, they have a defining trait.

Try to exercise these faculties by seeing the connection of the subsequent examples.

- Joseph saw
12 stars the moon and the sun bowing down to him.
---->
These are his family pledging allegiance

Prisoner 1 saw
Cup of wine in a royal court.
----->
Earning a spot in becoming a wine server and later the cup being stolen.

Prisoner 2 saw
Birds feeding on bread on top of his head
------>
Pecking on top of him while he's being crucified.

The Aziz saw
Seven emaciated cows eating seven fat ones.
----->
Famine following prosperity.

"Buckminster Fuller and the guy who invented the zipper actually got their inspiration from their dreams" - unknown source

MMKM
12-19-2015, 01:37 AM
Funny this thread was made because earlier today I was thinking about this horrific dream I had a few months back, it felt so real that it scared the shit out of me.

So in the dream I get invited to a party by some strange looking guys, I agree and go and see the most odd looking characters you will ever see, I don't know how to describe them, they were just odd looking people who seemed to have alot of troubles in their life, and for a party it was pretty quiet. I remember a couple of chicks approaching me and licking my face, I didn't feel turned on, I actually felt a bit creeped out. I saw a friend in the dream, once he saw me he said I was "very corrupt" and he acts very cold towards me. Later in the dream I see him with a black eye, I asked what happened to him and his face slowly changes to someone else and that black eye turns into a missing eye, it looks like he just got shot at point blank or something. I must also mention I saw this tall creepy guy in a suit in the kitchen, I don't know what it was about him, but I was filled with fear when I saw him, he wasn't aggressive or anything, he just looked creepy.

I then see this naked girl with big boobs dancing, I go and touch her boobs and she doesn't even look at me, she has no reaction. I seriously felt like I was at the most creepiest party imaginable. I wake up, or so I think I wake up, i look at the clock but I can't read the time, so I get up to turn the lights on in my room, lights don't work. At that moment I see a bright red light and feel paralyzed instantly, I couldn't move and felt instant fear. I remember thinking to myself to just calm down and don't panic and at that moment I wake up. Realized it was all a dream and I for some reason felt heat throughout my whole body.

Seriously the most ****ed up dream I ever had, the thing that got me was how real it felt. I remember I was up awake for 2 hours after I awoke to that dream, was too scared to go back to sleep.

Yeah...I've been to a few parties like that

MMKM
12-19-2015, 01:43 AM
Ok I'll do 3 more, and I should probably emphasize these are real and recurring:

1) there is a pig and some sort of rodent, like an opossum or something. The pig is tickling the opossum and the opossum is laughing, this goes on for a while. Suddenly the pig opens his mouth wide and bites the opossum on the leg. The opossum screams in agony. Then I wake up.

2) I'm making out with some chick and suddenly the chick turns into Stewie from family guy, but like a creepy human Stewie. He tries to kiss me and I punch him in the face, but he's undeterred. He keeps advancing and I just keep punching him.

3) I'm in a public place with my mom. Suddenly im surrounded by police and they start closing in. I remember that I stabbed someone to death and buried them somewhere. Then the police surround some other random person, and I walk away.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-19-2015, 01:48 AM

Sounds like it's straight out of a Clive Barker novel. Eerie...

Clocks not working, lights not working, sexual expression not meeting receptivity as well as unreciprocated lust, a gathering full of freaks that gives you the heebie-jeebies, a cold critical friend whose eyes progressively get worse, and Slenderman. Okay.

1) Your internal circadian rhythm is out of wack. Get a regular bedtime and waking time. Staying up and putting your body through such randomness gives you some.

2) Red light? Infrared rays and hotness inside? Consider adopting a more "yin" diet and taking cold showers to help reduce the internal heat. Things like cucumbers and yogurt and avoiding emotions such as anger.

3) A gathering of freaks sounds a lot like characters from the shadow. That means there's a lot of weird stuff in your subconscious. You're either a) consciously trying too hard to be normal and fit in or b) ignorant about things. You should aim to become learned to the point where nothing phases you. That or limit the consumption of watching reruns of insane anime or disturbing cartoons and fiction.

4) Skinny tall guy huh? Like the priest from Poltergeist II or the Jack from Nightmare before Christmas? Well..height represents authority and boniness represents austerity. Can't help you out here.

5) You absolutely need an emotional connection and an intellectual camaraderie with your next squeeze to feel anything. And you've got to learn to love the unseen female part of you to be at peace with yourself.

6) Your friend represents your voice of reason. There's something that's blurring out its vision. Find a way to center yourself and reclaim your sanity.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-19-2015, 01:55 AM
Ok I'll do 3 more, and I should probably emphasize these are real and recurring:

1) there is a pig and some sort of rodent, like an opossum or something. The pig is tickling the opossum and the opossum is laughing, this goes on for a while. Suddenly the pig opens his mouth wide and bites the opossum on the leg. The opossum screams in agony. Then I wake up.

- Lust (of some flavor) is clouding your wits and consuming you. It used to be silly fun and games and d!ck jokes, but right when you're in the position where you need to think strategically and intelligently; it works against you. Got to use the big head buddy. Your love for violence, sex, and jokes are at odds with your intellectual development.

2) I'm making out with some chick and suddenly the chick turns into Stewie from family guy, but like a creepy human Stewie. He tries to kiss me and I punch him in the face, but he's undeterred. He keeps advancing and I just keep punching him.

- Your need for legitimate intimacy and connection is being overtaken by an all too nonchalant humorous approach to relationships and defensive mechanized protective measures you've had against women. This is remarkably similar to the first. An honest approach to women built on something other than shallow laughter i.e. sincerity and companionship will ease this area.

3) I'm in a public place with my mom. Suddenly im surrounded by police and they start closing in. I remember that I stabbed someone to death and buried them somewhere. Then the police surround some other random person, and I walk away.

- Your anima (wiser female part of you) recognizes there are skeletons in your closet that need to be digged up, addressed, and forgiven to make peace. Right when your conscious guardians find a part of you that wishes ill/inflicting pain/curse upon others, it passes over it and continues onto the irrelevant; with that guilt still hidden deep deep inside. Still unresolved investigation. Forgiveness is the key.

1987_Lakers
12-19-2015, 02:14 AM
Sounds like it's straight out of a Clive Barker novel. Eerie...

Clocks not working, lights not working, sexual expression not meeting receptivity as well as unreciprocated lust, a gathering full of freaks that gives you the heebie-jeebies, a cold critical friend whose eyes progressively get worse, and Slenderman. Okay.

1) Your internal circadian rhythm is out of wack. Get a regular bedtime and waking time. Staying up and putting your body through such randomness gives you some.

2) Red light? Infrared rays and hotness inside? Consider adopting a more "yin" diet and taking cold showers to help reduce the internal heat. Things like cucumbers and yogurt and avoiding emotions such as anger.

3) A gathering of freaks sounds a lot like characters from the shadow. That means there's a lot of weird stuff in your subconscious. You're either a) consciously trying too hard to be normal and fit in or b) ignorant about things. You should aim to become learned to the point where nothing phases you. That or limit the consumption of watching reruns of insane anime or disturbing cartoons and fiction.

4) Skinny tall guy huh? Like the priest from Poltergeist II or the Jack from Nightmare before Christmas? Well..height represents authority and boniness represents austerity. Can't help you out here.

5) You absolutely need an emotional connection and an intellectual camaraderie with your next squeeze to feel anything. And you've got to learn to love the unseen female part of you to be at peace with yourself.

6) Your friend represents your voice of reason. There's something that's blurring out its vision. Find a way to center yourself and reclaim your sanity.

Interesting. The thing is I don't have lots of nightmares and for the most part I have a good sleep pattern, I also jog at least 4 miles a day, it keeps me sharp and helps with stress (actually lost close to 100 pounds because of this).

Looking back on it, it was a rare random nightmare and I'm thinking the last part of the dream was probably sleep paralysis.

I should also mention right before I had this dream I went camping with some friends for a couple of days and all we did was get drunk, listen to music, and swim, but a part of me didn't enjoy the camping because of my friend's annoying girlfriend. Would that explain the creepy party in the dream? Idk.

MMKM
12-19-2015, 02:23 AM
Ok ok 2 more for tonight if anyone is still up. Btw I have normal dreams like anyone else but the freaky ones are more fun to analyze.

1) I'm eating something and suddenly in my mouth it turns to insects that start crawling and flying out of my mouth and keep multiplying

2) I look in the mirror and one of my eyes starts moving in a clockwise circular fashion. The other eye stays normal, but one eye goes round and round

KNOW1EDGE
12-19-2015, 05:10 AM
Reoccurring**

I don't think dreams mean anything. But dreaming is a trip and I love it. bad dreams suck though : (

nathanjizzle
12-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Share your own if you dare. I have like 20 that I continuously cycle through, some are more psychotic than others....here are 3 of my most frequent ones for any Freuds out there who can explain them:

dreams are manifested by your insecurities, worries and sometimes your strengths.

1. it means that although you are a tough and pretty strong guy, you have a fear of something possibly stronger and tougher than you trying to take something of yours away, although you might die fighting for that thing, you still believe at the end you will prevail.

2. This dream might be more practical, that you are scared of missed opportunities in life and that it will cause you to be"lost" sort of speak. Or that you feel that whatever directions and choices you take in life that their is no purpose or destination, that you are just going around in circles. it could be from depression.

3. Your failures and expectations. maybe what your family expects you to be, or what your friends see you as, but not really, its what you see your self as and not fulfilling your own expectations by being lazy, scared or procrastinating. and eventually you run out of time.

MMKM
12-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Reoccurring**

I don't think dreams mean anything. But dreaming is a trip and I love it. bad dreams suck though : (

Actually, both are correct I think (I know my spelling is, at least...)