PDA

View Full Version : Duncan sits out Spurs win by 40, Kobe sits out Lakers...

Deuce Bigalow
12-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Will likely lose by 40

I won't have this TOSB getting credit where it's not deserved.

ShawkFactory
12-19-2015, 07:20 PM
They'll lose by 40 either way

T_L_P
12-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Tim Duncan On/Off 2016: +7.4 (for comparison's sake with the starters, Kawhi is +1.7, Aldridge is -3.5, Green is -9.7, and Parker is -1.4)

Meanwhile Kobe is a -4.9 for the season.

We're really talking about how well their teams perform with/without them?

Smoke117
12-19-2015, 07:35 PM
They'll lose by 40 either way

Exactly. This thread is pointless.

Bankaii
12-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Duncan is known for being a great teammate, helps recruit good pieces, took a massive paycut to acquire these pieces, and accepted a lesser role to maximize both his own and others contributions to the team.

Kobe is known for being a crap teammate, drives free agents away, is the most overpaid player in the league, and still is trying to be the franchise player despite playing like dog shit because he's a selfish ballhog.

Human Error
12-19-2015, 07:41 PM
It's not Duncan's fault that he's a great teammate that attracts a top FA(Aldridge), he allowed his teammates to have the spotlights instead of him, and he was willing to take a paycut so the keep could keep all core players.

Magic 32
12-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Duncan is known for being a great teammate, helps recruit good pieces, took a massive paycut to acquire these pieces, and accepted a lesser role to maximize both his own and others contributions to the team.

It's not Duncan's fault that he's a great teammate that attracts a top FA(Aldridge), he allowed his teammates to have the spotlights instead of him, and he was willing to take a paycut so the keep could keep all core players.

And if Kobe did all of this the Lakers would still be run by this guy...

http://lakerholicz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/jim-buss-300x168.gif

Human Error
12-19-2015, 07:42 PM

Kobe is known for being a crap teammate, drives free agents away, is the most overpaid player in the league, and still is trying to be the franchise player despite playing like dog shit because he's a selfish ballhog.
You beat me to it.

Magic 32
12-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Tim Duncan is also really great at not getting superstars vetoed by the league.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Smoke117
12-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Tim Duncan is also really great at not getting superstars vetoed by the league.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yawn...your saltiness in this thread is just pathetic. Move on.

Kawhi
12-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Tim Duncan will go down as the better and greater basketball player, deal with it.

Magic 32
12-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Yawn...your saltiness in this thread is just pathetic. Move on.

Saltiness?

My guy has won as much as anyone in this era despite being robbed of a superstar and watching his contemporaries stacking their teams to the gills.

I'm amazed :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SouBeachTalents
12-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Saltiness?

My guy has won as much as anyone in this era despite being robbed of a superstar and watching his contemporaries stacking their teams to the gills.

Not like he's done that before

http://wagesofwins.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/kobe-malone-shaq-payton-174979_480_art_R0.jpeg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/preview/2012/LAL/la-lakers-608-100912.jpg

Magic 32
12-19-2015, 07:55 PM
Not like he's done that before

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/50ec5b52e4b0fa6edbb255b4/t/53c023d8e4b06e125c383454/1405101020380/?format=500w

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/preview/2012/LAL/la-lakers-608-100912.jpg

Knew someone would use that.

How old and healthy were they?

Why not be a man and admit that I'm right?

Kobe was robbed historically in 2011.

DMAVS41
12-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Do we really have to do this shit?

Kobe makes what...5 times more than Duncan...it's not even possible to have an elite team around Kobe with him playing this shitty alone....adding in the salary is just a joke.

Maybe if Kobe was an all time great teammate and franchise first type player...he'd have had better teams the last few years.

But again...it wouldn't really even matter because he's been injured and hasn't played in the playoffs since 12 anyway.

Wouldn't matter how good the teams were from the 13 playoffs to present...Kobe hasn't been on the court enough nor has he played remotely good enough to do anything.

The BS has to stop.

Just deal with it. Duncan is the better teammate, franchise player, and aging player...therefore his team has had more success...

Remember when everyone said it was stupid to take the 25 million a year? Well...you can't take the money, miss games, play like shit...and then complain about the help.

Well, you can...and Kobe fans do....makes them annoying as ****

Magic 32
12-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Do we really have to do this shit?

Remember when everyone said it was stupid to take the 25 million a year?

Are you really that stupid?

You think those 25 mil would have made them competitive?

Give me a break.

We all know why the team slowly fell apart.

CP3 going to the Clippers.

DMAVS41
12-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Are you really that stupid?

You think those 25 mil would have made them competitive?

Give me a break.

We all know why the team slowly fell apart.

CP3 going to the Clippers.

CP3 certainly plays a role, so does Kobe's salary, so does Kobe's pathetic play, so does Kobe's inability to stay healthy, so does Kobe's "me first" and not "team first" mentality...etc.

And yes...if Kobe had taken 5 million a year they could have absolutely built a better team.

Are you actually denying this?

Magic 32
12-19-2015, 08:08 PM
CP3 certainly plays a role, so does Kobe's salary, so does Kobe's pathetic play, so does Kobe's inability to stay healthy, so does Kobe's "me first" and not "team first" mentality...etc.

And yes...if Kobe had taken 5 million a year they could have absolutely built a better team.

Are you actually denying this?

So they would win 25 games instead of 15.

There is not a single free agent the last two years who did not have better options than the lakers.

DMAVS41
12-19-2015, 08:10 PM
So they would win 25 games instead of 15.

There is not a single free agent the last two years who did not have better options than the lakers.

and when your star player is injured and terrible...and about as selfish as it gets on the court...while being one of the highest paid players as well

you don't think that is part of the reason why

Goofsta Knicca
12-19-2015, 08:12 PM

Scott Skiles wit a wig n hat?

Bankaii
12-19-2015, 08:12 PM

Absolutely irrelevant.

Kobe is incapable of working with anyone better than him.

Had Shaq shipped out, made Dwight leave, had issues with Phil, no free agents want to play with him. Nobody want to play with him and it's obvious why.

Kobetards complain about Kobe's situation but he did it to himself.

34-24 Footwork
12-19-2015, 08:20 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that DMAVS and others on this board were legit happy when Kobe tore his achilles. :lol

Bankaii
12-19-2015, 08:25 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that DMAVS and others on this board were legit happy when Kobe tore his achilles. :lol
DMAVS is one of the few posters on this board that actually supports his statements. Good poster.

"They don't praise Godbe like we do so they must hate him and want him hurt". Kobetard logic.

DMAVS41
12-19-2015, 08:25 PM

Hell no.

My disgust for Kobe's fans is on a whole different level than the player.

I have many issues with Kobe the player, but his fans are really who I have issues with.

This thread is a perfect example...the fact that someone even thinks about making a thread like this given the evidence...it's just straight up stupidity and ignorance.

Showtime2001
12-19-2015, 08:28 PM
Absolutely irrelevant.

Kobe is incapable of working with anyone better than him.

Had Shaq shipped out, made Dwight leave, had issues with Phil, no free agents want to play with him. Nobody want to play with him and it's obvious why.

Kobetards complain about Kobe's situation but he did it to himself.
Dwight: "I want Phil Jackson as my coach."

Jim Buss: "No were hiring Mike D'Antoni"

Yup Kobe's fault.

:facepalm

Bankaii
12-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Dwight: "I want Phil Jackson as my coach."

Jim Buss: "No were hiring Mike D'Antoni"

Yup Kobe's fault.

:facepalm
There's no way you're this stupid.

Kobe and Dwight hate each. Are you really stupid enough to think that played no role in Dwight leaving.

Dwight also wanted to be the new face of LA and Kobe wasn't going to allow that. Why would Dwight stay and play next to a guy he can't stand. Kobe played the largest role in him leaving.

Kobetards literally think Kobe can do no wrong.:facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-19-2015, 09:16 PM
There's no way you're this stupid.

Kobe and Dwight hate each. Are you really stupid enough to think that played no role in Dwight leaving.

Dwight also wanted to be the new face of LA and Kobe wasn't going to allow that. Why would Dwight stay and play next to a guy he can't stand. Kobe played the largest role in him leaving.

Kobetards literally think Kobe can do no wrong.:facepalm

He played a part, but you're delusional if you think it was THE reason.

LA had nothing to offer, and Dwight knew they would be shit for years to come.

Cold soul
12-19-2015, 09:19 PM
He played a part, but you're delusional if you think it was THE reason.

LA had nothing to offer, and Dwight knew they would be shit for years to come.

Yeah Kobe small reason the Lakers are as bad as today but not main reason.

Smoke117
12-19-2015, 09:19 PM
The fact that he thinks Kobe playing was actually going to cause a significant change in this game is hilarious. Well...OKC might have dropped more than 118 points as kobe is one of the worst defensive players in the league.

L8krH8tr
12-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Lakers have always been a joke, a combination of bought players and hollywood hype. Spurs are a Class A organization with ethics and morals.

Leroy Jetson
12-19-2015, 11:52 PM
It's called leadership, Duncan sets the example that makes the entire team better. It's an actual basketball asset that you won't see in the stat sheet. Duncan has sacrificed stats minutes and dollars to help make his team better. Kobe took all the shots and money he could get and he's stuck with a shell of a team. If that's alpha to you, great. Meanwhile Duncan has a good chance to go for #6 due directly from his actions and decisions.

Shih508
12-20-2015, 05:29 AM
Duncan would alrdy have 6th ring if it wasn't Ray Allen bailed him out or maybe even 7th ring if Fisher didn't make that crazy 0.3 sec buzzer beater.

On the other hand, Kobe might not even have 3 rings without Ref's help. 2001 against Trailblazers, 02 against Kings and 10 against Celtics.

Duncan >>>>>>>>>> Kobe by super big margin for real basketball minds

dubeta
12-20-2015, 05:45 AM
Take a deep breath, relax, and repeat after me....

"Kobe is a Team Cancer"

The first part is acceptance

raprap
12-20-2015, 05:49 AM
Kobe's great. Top 15 goat but Timmy is arguably a top 5 goat. No contest imo

KelticForce1349
12-20-2015, 12:59 PM
It's called leadership, Duncan sets the example that makes the entire team better. It's an actual basketball asset that you won't see in the stat sheet. Duncan has sacrificed stats minutes and dollars to help make his team better. Kobe took all the shots and money he could get and he's stuck with a shell of a team. If that's alpha to you, great. Meanwhile Duncan has a good chance to go for #6 due directly from his actions and decisions.

Well said. :cheers:

SouBeachTalents
12-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Duncan would alrdy have 6th ring if it wasn't Ray Allen bailed him out or maybe even 7th ring if Fisher didn't make that crazy 0.3 sec buzzer beater.

On the other hand, Kobe might not even have 3 rings without Ref's help. 2001 against Trailblazers, 02 against Kings and 10 against Celtics.

You could easily do the same shit and take rings away from Duncan and add them for Kobe

dhsilv
12-20-2015, 01:18 PM
You could easily do the same shit and take rings away from Duncan and add them for Kobe

No you really can't.

Every 50:50 moment for Kobe always went his way.

Both the kings and blazers were one-two misses shots or whatever from beating them in games 7's during that first title run.

Meanwhile you have the .3 or .4 seconds with fisher, the manu foul on dirk, the freakish shooting by role players for the thunder all going against the spurs. Now I'm not about to claim the spurs deserved titles those years because they lost and that's reality, but in basketball when teams are pretty evenly matched a few missed shots a few mistakes can greatly turn the outcome. The spurs have had 4 legit title shots and just a few plays turned the tides. When did Kobe have a 50:50 that just went the wrong way?

When the lakers were great they won. When they were beat they were beat pretty soundly.

sd3035
12-20-2015, 01:20 PM
I guess Kobe is worth 80 more points per game to his team than Duncan :bowdown:

AirBonner
12-20-2015, 03:23 PM

Well said :cheers:

navy
12-20-2015, 03:41 PM

/thread

Lebronxrings
12-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Saltiness?

U have the nerve to call yourself a magic fan. :facepalm

Showtime2001
12-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Kobe's great. Top 15 goat but Timmy is arguably a top 5 goat. No contest imo
We are talking about Kobe not LeBron so enough with the top 15 talk.

:lol

Odinn
12-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Meltdown everywhere. :D

AirBonner
12-20-2015, 04:57 PM
We are talking about Kobe not LeBron so enough with the top 15 talk.

:lol
No one with the most missed shots ever and a unit of measurement named after them ( kobe assists) can never crack top 10. Just stop :facepalm

Deuce Bigalow
12-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Tim Duncan On/Off 2016: +7.4 (for comparison's sake with the starters, Kawhi is +1.7, Aldridge is -3.5, Green is -9.7, and Parker is -1.4)

Meanwhile Kobe is a -4.9 for the season.

We're really talking about how well their teams perform with/without them?
That stat is dependent on 4 of your teammates too so I don't see how that's relevant at all given what we know about both teams. Duncan +7.4 and Kiwi +1.7 tells you how accurate that stat is. You basically discredited the stat yourself bruh

Spurs5Rings2014
12-20-2015, 07:25 PM
So yeah, I had no idea what TOSB meant so I Googled it anddd

tired old shit bag; a criteria or definition for athletes who are old and way past their prime years and are still playing
A: Dude, did you see Kobe Bryant airball that shot? He's missed 10 straight shots!

B: Yeah, he's already in TOSB status.

:roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Deuce Bigalow
12-20-2015, 07:45 PM
No you really can't.

Every 50:50 moment for Kobe always went his way.

Both the kings and blazers were one-two misses shots or whatever from beating them in games 7's during that first title run.

Meanwhile you have the .3 or .4 seconds with fisher, the manu foul on dirk, the freakish shooting by role players for the thunder all going against the spurs. Now I'm not about to claim the spurs deserved titles those years because they lost and that's reality, but in basketball when teams are pretty evenly matched a few missed shots a few mistakes can greatly turn the outcome. The spurs have had 4 legit title shots and just a few plays turned the tides. When did Kobe have a 50:50 that just went the wrong way?

When the lakers were great they won. When they were beat they were beat pretty soundly.
Kobe injures his shoulder before the series vs SA in 03
Horry missed an open clutch 3 in game 4 vs SA in 03
Kobe's stuck with garbage in 05-07 which allows Duncan to get 2 rings then when he finally get a good team what happens? He demolishes Duncan's Spurs in the playoffs again like he always did
Duncan averages a pathetic 20.6 ppg on 47.4%TS vs Detroit in 05 and still wins the series and "FMVP"
Horry flagrant fouls Nash in 07 leading to Suns players suspensions, Spurs get to play the Cavs in the Finals...
Duncan averages a horrid 18.3 ppg on .484%TS vs Cavs in 07 but they played the Cavs so it didn't matter
Kobe tears Achilles 2 games before the playoffs in 13

dhsilv
12-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Kobe injures his shoulder before the series vs SA in 03
Horry missed an open clutch 3 in game 4 vs SA in 03
Kobe's stuck with garbage in 05-07 which allows Duncan to get 2 rings then when he finally get a good team what happens? He demolishes Duncan's Spurs in the playoffs again like he always did
Duncan averages a pathetic 20.6 ppg on 47.4%TS vs Detroit in 05 and still wins the series and "FMVP"
Horry flagrant fouls Nash in 07 leading to Suns players suspensions, Spurs get to play the Cavs in the Finals...
Duncan averages a horrid 18.3 ppg on .484%TS vs Cavs in 07 but they played the Cavs so it didn't matter
Kobe tears Achilles 2 games before the playoffs in 13

Red - The series was won in 6, with two fairly convening blow outs. Injuries are part of the game. I didn't list off every time Manu or Parker were hurt in the playoffs nor did I bring up Duncan being hurt for the 2000 playoffs when Robinson was potentially still near allstar level. There's a reason, near misses aren't the same as injuries.

Green - That isn't a part of the topic. This is just you adding in useless information. Please stick to one topic, I don't want argue about unrelated things.

Purple - I can see an argument that the Horry foul could be seen as a 50:50 moment, but I was trying to focus on what was going on in the games. Not rules, refs, fouls, or whatever else.

Grey - Are you making the claim that in 2013 Kobe being healthy could have allowed the Lakers to beat that year's spurs team? If anything missing that helps his legacy in the head to head playoff games vs Duncan. There was just no chance that Lakers team was even going to give the spurs 4 good games, let alone win.

The rest of your post I'll ignore as it is off the topic and reeks of stupidity and show you didn't watch the games or lack basic fundamental understanding of the game of basketball.

dhsilv
12-20-2015, 08:27 PM
That stat is dependent on 4 of your teammates too so I don't see how that's relevant at all given what we know about both teams. Duncan +7.4 and Kiwi +1.7 tells you how accurate that stat is. You basically discredited the stat yourself bruh

Well the best stat we have RPM...Duncan is 5.66 on the season good for 11th in the nba. Kobe is so far down the list I don't even care to look for his ranking.

Odinn
12-20-2015, 11:46 PM
No wonder why Kobe-stans are petty and bitter.:oldlol: :oldlol:

Spurs5Rings2014
12-21-2015, 02:26 AM
Well the best stat we have RPM...Duncan is 5.66 on the season good for 11th in the nba. Kobe is so far down the list I don't even care to look for his ranking.

40 years old and still a top 11 impact player in the league.

Top 5, dead or alive.

:bowdown:

IllegalD
12-21-2015, 03:14 AM
Duncan Stans desperately trying to cling on to worthless advanced stats in order to overhype Duncan being a glorified roleplayer for the past 5 seasons. :lol

AirBonner
12-21-2015, 03:16 AM
Duncan Stans desperately trying to cling on to worthless advanced stats in order to overhype Duncan being a glorified roleplayer for the past 5 seasons. :lol
That salt tho:lol

dhsilv
12-21-2015, 03:46 AM

All kobe fans do is post worthless stats. They can't even explain in words why he was any good. If they can't use their advanced per game numbers or totals data what's left? They count to 5?

I<3NBA
12-21-2015, 09:13 AM
i only have one question, LA used to be a free agent destination.

what happened?

Cold soul
12-21-2015, 10:08 AM
i only have one question, LA used to be a free agent destination.

what happened?

Jim Buss happened.

I<3NBA
12-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Jim Buss happened.
really? when did Jim Buss takeover?

and when did FAs stop coming to LA?

ShawkFactory
12-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Saltiness?

Robbed of a superstar?

Da fuq?

DrakeTheSnake
12-21-2015, 11:58 AM
OP having an epic multithread meltdown.

HurricaneKid
12-21-2015, 01:08 PM

#370.

-.96 offense

-2.34 defense

As bad as he has been offensively, he has been far WORSE defensively. If that is possible.

Deuce Bigalow
12-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Red - The series was won in 6, with two fairly convening blow outs. Injuries are part of the game. I didn't list off every time Manu or Parker were hurt in the playoffs nor did I bring up Duncan being hurt for the 2000 playoffs when Robinson was potentially still near allstar level. There's a reason, near misses aren't the same as injuries.

Green - That isn't a part of the topic. This is just you adding in useless information. Please stick to one topic, I don't want argue about unrelated things.

Purple - I can see an argument that the Horry foul could be seen as a 50:50 moment, but I was trying to focus on what was going on in the games. Not rules, refs, fouls, or whatever else.

Grey - Are you making the claim that in 2013 Kobe being healthy could have allowed the Lakers to beat that year's spurs team? If anything missing that helps his legacy in the head to head playoff games vs Duncan. There was just no chance that Lakers team was even going to give the spurs 4 good games, let alone win.

The rest of your post I'll ignore as it is off the topic and reeks of stupidity and show you didn't watch the games or lack basic fundamental understanding of the game of basketball.
You contradict yourself. Fisher's 0.4 shot, was that series not won by the Lakers in SIX? The 00 Portland series, were the Lakers not up 3-0? If a team has control of the series then it's not 50:50 according to you.