PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Portis...first game getting minutes...drops 20/11 in 22 minutes

Milbuck
12-19-2015, 11:04 PM
How the f*ck is this kid not getting minutes? :biggums:

Averaged like 6 mpg before this, only played in 4 out of 24 games before this...gets 20+ minutes tonight for the first time, immediately kills it.

There HAS to be some entitlement minutes going around in that Chicago frontcourt because this kid is a stud and there is no excuse for him not to be a part of the rotation. Especially with Mirotic looking like garbage this year.

A 20 year old 6'11" PF/C who is athletic, plays with a ton of heart/energy, can rebound, defend, can score inside AND shoot all the way out to 3....dude is the PERFECT big man for today's game...how the hell did he drop to 22?

Was locked in on him with the Bucks pick at 17...dude would be the perfect big man next to Giannis/Jabari. High energy player who can rebound, defend, and shoot......:banghead: :banghead:

bluechox2
12-19-2015, 11:22 PM
keep in mind..he scored in garbage time

SpaceJam
12-19-2015, 11:37 PM
#FreeBobbyPortis

Hope to see this kid as a staple to the Bulls team for years to come, love his attitude and the way he goes about his game from what I have seen

Plus he speaks in 3rd person at times, it's hilarious

SyRyanYang
12-19-2015, 11:37 PM
keep in mind..he scored in garbage time
Not really, the game was within the reach at one point

SwishSquared
12-19-2015, 11:43 PM
How the f*ck is this kid not getting minutes? :biggums:

Averaged like 6 mpg before this, only played in 4 out of 24 games before this...gets 20+ minutes tonight for the first time, immediately kills it.

There HAS to be some entitlement minutes going around in that Chicago frontcourt because this kid is a stud and there is no excuse for him not to be a part of the rotation. Especially with Mirotic looking like garbage this year.

A 20 year old 6'11" PF/C who is athletic, plays with a ton of heart/energy, can rebound, defend, can score inside AND shoot all the way out to 3....dude is the PERFECT big man for today's game...how the hell did he drop to 22?

Was locked in on him with the Bucks pick at 17...dude would be the perfect big man next to Giannis/Jabari. High energy player who can rebound, defend, and shoot......:banghead: :banghead:Hoiberg is sticking with the older guys I think, even if he should be resting guys more or cutting some mins for others. I'm guessing that Pau and/or Noah will leave in FA this summer, which should open up PT for him next season. Idk how he dropped to 22 honestly. I thought the Bucks would for sure snag him given the need for frontcourt shooting.

Didn't Pau sit out tonight? I guess that's why he finally got some burn. My understanding was at the beginning of the year his offense was better than his D. I'm guessing that may still be the case? :confusedshrug:

GIF REACTION
12-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Caron Butler for Bobby Portis.

poido123
12-20-2015, 12:03 AM
Portis will likely have trouble finding minutes until next year.

Bulls aren't known for making mid season trades, although they really should this time.

I think they should trade out two from Gasol mirotic and Gibson.

1987_Lakers
12-20-2015, 12:13 AM
I've never seen a frontline like Chicago's where so many players are battling for minutes. Gasol/Noah/Gibson/Mirotic and now Portis??? Geez!

poido123
12-20-2015, 12:20 AM
I've never seen a frontline like Chicago's where so many players are battling for minutes. Gasol/Noah/Gibson/Mirotic and now Portis??? Geez!

They need to package one or two of those bigs and get an elite 2 way SF.

Snell is not going to cut it and McDermott needs to come off the bench IMO

ballinhun8
12-20-2015, 12:30 AM
Portis will likely have trouble finding minutes until next year.

Bulls aren't known for making mid season trades, although they really should this time.

I think they should trade out two from Gasol mirotic and Gibson.

2008 when we shipped Ben Wallace to CLE.

That 2009 deadline deal that got us Salmons and B. Miller was a huge one that got us into the playoffs and they played big roles in that classic Celts series.

2010 when we got Flip Murray and Timmy Thomas to help us make the playoffs and clear cap space for that summer.

2014 getting rid of Deng

We've done more than I originally thought.

Milbuck
12-20-2015, 12:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UhSRRNfetU

:applause: Little bit of everything.

Hoiberg is sticking with the older guys I think, even if he should be resting guys more or cutting some mins for others. I'm guessing that Pau and/or Noah will leave in FA this summer, which should open up PT for him next season. Idk how he dropped to 22 honestly. I thought the Bucks would for sure snag him given the need for frontcourt shooting.

Didn't Pau sit out tonight? I guess that's why he finally got some burn. My understanding was at the beginning of the year his offense was better than his D. I'm guessing that may still be the case? :confusedshrug:
Yeah, rest for other guys is why he got minutes probably, but I think if you're a coach in the NBA you have to be able to recognize talent when you see it. Mirotic has blown this year, straight up one of the softest players in the game today and the league has figured out his pump faking garbage and he's getting exposed. Pau's defense and consistent effort (or lack thereof) has been abysmal this year as well. With Noah looking much closer to his old self and Taj on a good contract they should really trade one or both of Niko/Pau, they should be able to fetch a very solid wing to fix their terrible SF situation, and probably a decent backup center for Noah to compensate for ditching both Niko/Pau.

I thought the Bucks were going that route too..either the Bucks weren't sold on Portis' range, severely underrated his talent, or knew they had something in FA in terms of bigs..

I'm happy with Rashad, it's not like he's a bust or anything, he looked really good in SL and there've been reports all the way back to training camp that he's consistently looking good in practices/scrimmages. But right now with how super young he is and how Kidd loves his vets, he's just getting no minutes. And as a scorer/shooter, not having consistent minutes/role kills your game..not like bigs where you can come in and immediately make an impact on hustle/rebounds/paint defense. The kid has talent but when he gets in the games you can tell he's not in rhythm, he needs time to develop and he's not getting it here.

That being said I still wish we had Portis, he brings EVERYTHING we need at PF/C, is the same age as Giannis/Jabari, but can also contribute right now. He'd easily be our second best big, and can be the best on any given night.

RidonKs
12-20-2015, 02:26 AM
they should be able to fetch a very solid wing to fix their terrible SF situation
mike dunleavy jr is one of those guys you don't notice when he's there and you miss when he's out. i bet they have 3-4 extra wins with him in the lineup which would put them at the top of the conference. last season they were below 500 w/o him.

i fail to understand the lineups the coach is trotting out this season. hopefully noah earns back the starting gig. pau will be way more valuable playing with the reserves imo

poido123
12-20-2015, 03:52 AM
mike dunleavy jr is one of those guys you don't notice when he's there and you miss when he's out. i bet they have 3-4 extra wins with him in the lineup which would put them at the top of the conference. last season they were below 500 w/o him.

i fail to understand the lineups the coach is trotting out this season. hopefully noah earns back the starting gig. pau will be way more valuable playing with the reserves imo

I'd say gasol won't leave starting lineup(though he should). Probably part of the agreement when they signed him there.

If we remember back to his laker days, he was sulking to the media about being benched etc.

Best thing the Bulls should do is trade him IMO. He's not coming back next year, let's move on for the future.

Dunleavy is perfect for the offense, but doesn't have the footspeed to stay with the elite SF's in our conference. After all, he's mid 30s now. Time to look to the future and look for our future SF in a trade. I'm fine if he stays in a bench role for about 20 minutes a game though.

TommyGriffin
12-20-2015, 04:19 AM
Can the Cavs get him?

Legends66NBA7
12-20-2015, 04:35 AM
As of now, Masai Ujiri is overrated as a GM when it comes to evaluating draft talent.

Could have had Clint Capella and Bobby Portis in consecutive drafts, but took a project and a senior guard who might not even crack the rotation and has less range than Portis.

FreezingTsmoove
12-20-2015, 04:43 AM
Being a rookie and taking 20 shots in a game is probably the reason why he isnt getting minutes

poido123
12-20-2015, 05:08 AM
Being a rookie and taking 20 shots in a game is probably the reason why he isnt getting minutes

:wtf: