PDA

View Full Version : Why dont Cavs trade Love or Irving for Dwight?

dubeta
12-20-2015, 01:25 AM
Since Dwight is on the trading block, im sure Morey would 100% accept either Love or Kyrie for Dwight straight up

Dwight is less injury prone than either of them, and while he has 0 offense, he is still a great rebounder and defender.

So lets say Cavs give up Love

Irving

J.R/Shump

LeBron

TT

Dwight

or if they give up Irving

Mo Williams

J.R/Shump

LeBron

Love

Dwight

Either scenario makes the Cavs MUCH MUCH better

Why isnt David Griffin on the phone?? :biggums:

SpaceJam
12-20-2015, 01:36 AM
REAL Cavaliers fans thanking god you aren't the GM

dubeta
12-20-2015, 01:37 AM
REAL Cavaliers fans thanking god you aren't the GM

Bruh i'm a Warriors fan, dont confuse me

SpaceJam
12-20-2015, 01:40 AM
Bruh i'm a Warriors fan, dont confuse me

Why am I not surprised you'd pull this

dhsilv
12-20-2015, 01:47 AM
Hmm, would howard for love be a bad trade for the rockets? It's an awful trade of the cavs but who cares about them, they aren't interesting.

Thoughts?

dubeta
12-20-2015, 01:49 AM
Hmm, would howard for love be a bad trade for the rockets? It's an awful trade of the cavs but who cares about them, they aren't interesting.

Thoughts?

Harden cant utilize big men well because he dominates the ball, his game is tailored for spot-up shooters, so the value for Dwight in houson i sless than if the Cavs can maximize him in their system

Love shooting 3's would be a perfect fit for Harden, meanwhile Dwights rebounding, defense, and finishing around the rim will be utilized by the Cavs.

Nick Young
12-20-2015, 01:56 AM
Dwight is shit he'd make that team worse, especially when he starts demanding touches from Lebron and Love.

SwishSquared
12-20-2015, 03:33 AM

Thoughts?I think they'd absolutely do Howard for Love straight up. Although Love gets maligned for taking a ton of 3s, he's a fairly ideal PF offensive pairing with Harden. Their defense would be beyond garbage playing both of them for significant minutes most likely, but getting Love locked in for 4.5 more years on a smaller max would be enticing for the Rox. Would take some pressure off other players who may be trying to do too much on O.

Honestly, does anybody expect Dwight on the Rockets next season? Between Capella and Jones/D-Mo (the upcoming RFAs notwithstanding), they have lots of young talented bigs. Dwight is still a good player, but I wouldn't want to give him a long-term contract at this stage of his career.

I can see the argument for why Houston would want to remain as flexible as possible by not taking on long term salary in any trade in hopes of luring Durant this summer though. However, they could maybe still work out some trade(s) this summer to clear cap room (Brewer/Ariza/etc) with Love's deal on the books.

dhsilv
12-20-2015, 03:44 AM
I think they'd absolutely do Howard for Love straight up. Although Love gets maligned for taking a ton of 3s, he's a fairly ideal PF offensive pairing with Harden. Their defense would be beyond garbage playing both of them for significant minutes most likely, but getting Love locked in for 4.5 more years on a smaller max would be enticing for the Rox. Would take some pressure off other players who may be trying to do too much on O.

Honestly, does anybody expect Dwight on the Rockets next season? Between Capella and Jones/D-Mo (the upcoming RFAs notwithstanding), they have lots of young talented bigs. Dwight is still a good player, but I wouldn't want to give him a long-term contract at this stage of his career.

I can see the argument for why Houston would want to remain as flexible as possible by not taking on long term salary in any trade in hopes of luring Durant this summer though. However, they could maybe still work out some trade(s) this summer to clear cap room (Brewer/Ariza/etc) with Love's deal on the books.

The thing is harden was ok defensively last year....sadly he's gotten as lazy as me (and I doin't get paid to be in shape) in taking care of himself. last year the rockets without howard were good defensively!

poido123
12-20-2015, 03:48 AM
Same reason Lakers and rockets didn't do well with him around.

He just isn't that effective with his immature attitude.

Perhaps Lebron could get him going, but I'm starting to believe that Howard isn't a winner.

SwishSquared
12-20-2015, 03:57 AM
The thing is harden was ok defensively last year....sadly he's gotten as lazy as me (and I doin't get paid to be in shape) in taking care of himself. last year the rockets without howard were good defensively!They pulled that off and I was pretty amazed. Harden can be passable on defense, and getting him a better offensive second option should help him conserve energy, but I think his effort last year would likely be his peak effort. Only way I see him getting even better on D if he has a better offensive player alongside him (like a Durant) who makes his life so much easier on O than he can go harder on D. Even then, his focus on D can be so cringe worthy.

You would trade Dwight for Love straight up, right? If you're Morey, what's the most you'd give up, assuming you have to sweeten the offer, to land Love?

bdreason
12-20-2015, 04:17 AM
Mozgov can do the same stuff they would need from Dwight, only he isn't a diva who will bitch about minutes and touches.

TommyGriffin
12-20-2015, 04:27 AM
As some may have heard I am a die hard New Orleans fan but I am also a fan of the Cavaliers as well. First off we need to not break up this core that we have, these guys are great. Kyrie Irving is an elite combo guard in the league and is a dangerous scoring threat along with being a great playmaker. He can also spread the floor with great 3 point shooting. This is the perfect type of player to free up room and take pressure off of LeBron. Kevin Love can do the same by being the greatest scoring Power Forward in the game. When Irving and Love are stretching the floor it allows LeBron's one on one, AAU style of play be somewhat effective. Kevin Love put up 26/14 in Minnesota, he is amazing.

Kobe_6/8
12-20-2015, 06:59 AM
Dwight is past his prime and his game hasn't aged very well. He's basically peak Joakim Noah at this point.

Uncle Drew
12-20-2015, 07:03 AM
Why don't you take a bullet to the head?

stalkerforlife
12-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Why would they do that when Bran will just collude to get him for nothing?

StephHamann
12-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Dwight+Lebron?

Mental midgets ballclub does not win you rings.

Jameerthefear
12-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Dwight+Lebron?

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on ISH by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Insidehoops. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place....this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid...that is if you can handle it.

JerrySeinfeld
12-20-2015, 10:43 AM
If they did this then they traded Wiggins + a 1st for Dwight :roll:

StephHamann
12-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on ISH by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Insidehoops. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place....this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid...that is if you can handle it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nfbiLUiFO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZe_zmyCTZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwpzvZMK2lk

DrakeTheSnake
12-20-2015, 02:33 PM
What year is this? Why are the Cavs pulling the trigger on this deal?

sd3035
12-20-2015, 02:52 PM
because trading either of their two best players would be a dumb move

el gringos
12-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Okc gets Dwight, Ty Lawson
Houston gets Robin Lopez, Calderon, dwill, a Afflalo
Knicks get Kanter, waiters, singler, Novak, dekker

Straight_Ballin
12-20-2015, 04:39 PM
Dwight+Lebron?

Solid post. Both of these morons make someone like Rose look intelligent. Here you have Dwight, who is an immature loser and then there's Lebron, a colluding 2/6 choker that's shown us nothing other than how to bitch about not having enough help. Replace Lebron with prime Jordan in all those finals match ups, and Jordan still walks away 6/6. That's what happens when you replace a choker with the GOAT. :pimp:

dubeta
12-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Replace Lebron with prime Jordan in all those finals match ups, and Jordan still walks away 6/6.

LOL, if Jordan cant do better than a 1-9 without Pippen, how do you expect him to even make the finals, let alone go 6/6 in them? :roll:

Kobe_6/8
12-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Solid post. Both of these morons make someone like Rose look intelligent. Here you have Dwight, who is an immature loser and then there's Lebron, a colluding 2/6 choker that's shown us nothing other than how to bitch about not having enough help. Replace Lebron with prime Jordan in all those finals match ups, and Jordan still walks away 6/6. That's what happens when you replace a choker with the GOAT. :pimp:

If Jordan would be 6/6 in those finals, does he play any game 7's?

bluechox2
12-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Okc gets Dwight, Ty Lawson
Houston gets Robin Lopez, Calderon, dwill, a Afflalo
Knicks get Kanter, waiters, singler, Novak, dekker

stfu...