PDA

View Full Version : Will Barton...the next Jimmy Butler?

tsforthrees
12-21-2015, 02:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw_kz3walMk

This guy has been putting up really solid numbers since he arrived in Denver at the trade deadline last season and has really come into his own this year. He gets a lot of Corey Brewer comparisons, but he's a better overall player than Brewer. His offensive outbursts in a Nugget uniform bring to mind JR Smith, but he's a headier player than JR. If Barton bulks up a little bit, can he be the Jimmy Butler type player the Nuggets sorely need? I believe he'll be the starting shooting guard next season when Wil Chandler gets back to the 6th man role and could be the primary go-to guy the Nuggets have missed since Melo.

Thoughts?

HurricaneKid
12-21-2015, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw_kz3walMk

This guy has been putting up really solid numbers since he arrived in Denver at the trade deadline last season and has really come into his own this year. He gets a lot of Corey Brewer comparisons, but he's a better overall player than Brewer. His offensive outbursts in a Nugget uniform bring to mind JR Smith, but he's a headier player than JR. If Barton bulks up a little bit, can he be the Jimmy Butler type player the Nuggets sorely need? I believe he'll be the starting shooting guard next season when Wil Chandler gets back to the 6th man role and could be the primary go-to guy the Nuggets have missed since Melo.

Thoughts?

First thought is WTF was Portland doing? They got an UGLY month of Afflalo for Barton on a rookie deal? His athleticism is far greater than I thought it was.

He can shoot (.404 from 3 this year). He can slash.

Above maybe all others, this guy is making himself some MONEY this season.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Will Barton be the next Jimmy Butler.

missed it.

NugzFan
12-21-2015, 03:07 PM
First thought is WTF was Portland doing? They got an UGLY month of Afflalo for Barton on a rookie deal? His athleticism is far greater than I thought it was.

He can shoot (.404 from 3 this year). He can slash.

Above maybe all others, this guy is making himself some MONEY this season.

I believe he signed a three-year, $10 million contract this past summer.

TemporaMutantur
12-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Wilson Chandler went down, he had an opportunity and he seized it.

He's playing fantastic. He works very hard, he's a team player, and he is deceptively explosive.

Nice stroke too.

Honestly it blows my mind how he picks up so many rebounds considering how lanky he is.