PDA

View Full Version : How would you fix the Chicago Bulls?

Jameerthefear
12-22-2015, 12:56 AM
What are the moves you would make?

FreezingTsmoove
12-22-2015, 12:57 AM
Get rid of all the white dudes and euros and bring in more ******

TripleA
12-22-2015, 12:59 AM

Bench Mirotic and play Portis a lot more.
Try to get Darren Collision.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
12-22-2015, 01:02 AM

make Jam GM

Milbuck
12-22-2015, 01:04 AM
Start by trading Mirotic, he sucks but the league hasn't caught on yet. Probably the highest his value will be, should fetch a decent wing. And forces Hoiberg to play Portis, who is straight up a much better player.

Trading Gasol for a wing and a backup C and starting Noah would also be a possible improvement. Gasol just isn't good enough offensively to compensate for his slowness, terrible defense and low energy level. See if you can get a wing and a cheap but high energy backup big similar to a guy like Biyombo or Ed Davis.

GIF REACTION
12-22-2015, 01:09 AM
amnesty rose

trade some bigs for Darren collison

LilEddyCurry
12-22-2015, 01:19 AM
Trade Snell for Kevin Martin.

Jameerthefear
12-22-2015, 01:26 AM
Bench Mirotic and play Portis a lot more.
Try to get Darren Collision.
does this make them a better team tho?

WayOfWade
12-22-2015, 01:32 AM
Become the new 76ers

GIF REACTION
12-22-2015, 01:38 AM
Sac-Chicago-Minny 3 way trade

Chicago gets Collison and Belinelli
Sac gets Kevin Martin and Gibson
Minny gets Mirotic and whatever

TripleA
12-22-2015, 01:40 AM
does this make them a better team tho?
Darren collision is cheap, plays d, is quick and solid shooter.
Mirotic is playing like trash. Portis has motor.
When Mike Dunleavy comes back they gain another competent wing.

Patrick Chewing
12-22-2015, 01:42 AM
Trade for Melo

Lebronxrings
12-22-2015, 01:47 AM
waive rose, get rid of that loser mentality.

Maybe try to get conley? He seems like a good fit.

SpaceJam
12-22-2015, 02:11 AM
#FreeBobbyPortis

$LakerGold
12-22-2015, 02:22 AM
Derrick Rose needs to reinvent himself, he'd make a great role player. Have Butler lead the team with the veteran's guidance including Rose & sort of shape up Jimmy to be a primetime scorer (score when needed him the most which he tends to do so, but hopefully he'll be persistent). I don't know where Noah is at in the team right now, becoming more & more injury prone but I think he'll show up in the playoffs -- he thrives off of the playoffs atmosphere & the crowd's energy. Possibly trade Taj Gibson for a player who is a stretch 4 & who is also capable of defending down low, not saying Frank Kaminsky is the answer but he's definitely my ideal C/PF for the Bulls & have Pau down low.

How long is Matt Barnes staying at Memphis? They could definitely use him at 3, him & Snell on rotation just how Trevor & Luke were in LA, although Luke ended up giving Trevor his starting role & accepted a lesser role which was pretty sweet by him.

Pushxx
12-22-2015, 03:18 AM
Get Noah back to being your most impactful player. Dude was one of the most under appreciated players in the NBA for years until he was hurt a lot.

JohnFreeman
12-22-2015, 03:23 AM
Move the team to Seattle

el gringos
12-22-2015, 03:54 AM
Bulls get- Robin Lopez, Afflalo, MIKE Conley, pekovic,

Grizzlies get- Rubio, Calderon, dwill, cleanthony

T-wolves get- d Rose, zBo, McDermott, tony Allen, Sasha, NY 1st

Knicks get- Lavine, bjelica, Hinrich, Noah, Pau, c Lee, Jeff green

el gringos
12-22-2015, 04:26 AM

Oh crap Knicks win way too big. Trades a bunch more picks away. All unprotected 1sts and future 2nds. Get 3 2nds in 2016 draft though

Lavine/Hinrich/grant
Green/l Thomas/c Lee
Carmelo
KP/bjelica
Noah/gasol/o'Q/saraphin

poido123
12-22-2015, 05:58 AM
Look to trade out the chemistry killing players who don't bring it every night.

I'd be trading out Mirotic, Gasol, Rose, snell and gibson.

Won't get much for Rose or snell, but the rest need to be traded while they still have pretty good trade value.

We need a good SF. Not many available unfortunately. Might have to wait and go all in for Durant.

el gringos
12-22-2015, 06:04 AM
Conley/Galloway
butler
_____/Afflalo
Mirotic/portis
Lopez

Durant considers that team. Not this one

Rose
butler
_____/______
Mirotic/portis/Gibson
Noah

keep-itreal
12-22-2015, 06:30 AM
1. trade derrick rose
2. get Durant next season

StephHamann
12-22-2015, 06:33 AM
Trade Rose for a bag of chips.

Smoke117
12-22-2015, 06:34 AM
Take Derrick Rose out to the shed and put him out of his misery.

warriorfan
12-22-2015, 06:38 AM
I hate to say it but their window has pretty much closed. They might have to look at doing a major rebuild.

Relinquish
12-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Start by trading Mirotic, he sucks but the league hasn't caught on yet. Probably the highest his value will be, should fetch a decent wing. And forces Hoiberg to play Portis, who is straight up a much better player.

Trading Gasol for a wing and a backup C and starting Noah would also be a possible improvement. Gasol just isn't good enough offensively to compensate for his slowness, terrible defense and low energy level. See if you can get a wing and a cheap but high energy backup big similar to a guy like Biyombo or Ed Davis.

Noah just got inured.

MellowYellow
12-22-2015, 06:52 AM

grats on messing up every single team involved, quite impressive

AussieBaller99
12-22-2015, 07:16 AM
Get rid of Rose and sign some nice players in the off season.

Phantom_Blue
12-22-2015, 09:06 AM
I hate to say it but their window has pretty much closed. They might have to look at doing a major rebuild.

Under Hoiberg it closed for sure.

Thibs could've grinded out another 2nd round trip with these guys, maybe even further if they were somehow able to trade Pau away and get something decent in return.

Hell, who knows how good Snell/McDermott/Niko could be if Thibs was still in charge of their development. He seemed to be bringing them along at a snail's pace, but there was gradual improvement.

Woud've been a nice memory before these guys go off into the sunset in a couple years, one more rowdy grit and grind series with Cavs.

But nah, they just had to turn them into the Rockets of the East, complete with just as clueless fans who cover their eyes and refuse to see the true chemistry killers for each team, Gasol and Harden.

coin24
12-22-2015, 09:26 AM
The Bulls are a bunch of no heart losers. Dismal effort in last years playoffs, who would want to watch that shit again?
Cheap ass owners so don't expect much.

Tried to tell everyone gasol was done, as much as a fan I've been, he can't be relied on anymore.. Mirotic is garbage so is snell. Try find someone dumb enough to trade. Pls not lakers:lol

MMM
12-22-2015, 09:56 AM
Do the Bulls need a complete rebuild???

because i don't see any value on that team but Buckets, McBuckets, and Portis. Not sure where they stand in terms of cap flexibility but the Bulls have never been a FA player. Historically the Bulls have been solid in acquiring talent through the draft so if they can move some of their pieces and bring back multiple draft picks then i think they will be on the right track over the long term.

nathanjizzle
12-22-2015, 10:32 AM
the majority of the team is white, thats the problem.

AirFederer
12-22-2015, 11:28 AM
the majority of the team is white, thats the problem.
And some of the fans are *******.

Bulls should get rid of the guy who challenges Kobe as worst player in the L

eeeeeebro
12-22-2015, 11:31 AM
i woulda got arron affalo who was offered to the bulls on draft night for a 2nd round pick and i woulda kept our 2 first round picks and got zack lavine not sure what i woulda did with the other draft pick. I would have resigned Boozer for 3 -4 mil the guy was a big body and he wont let people just jump over him he would do the forarm shiver to someone before they do like brook lopez did to the bulls last night. i would trade off noah and rose for what ever the world wants to trade for them. i would ship noah, gasol for dwight howard. i would have signed SETH curry for that 3 mil contract as well.

The line-up would look like this
Rose - Affalo - Buttler - gibson - Howard
seth curry- Buttler- Lavine - Boozer - Portis
Brooks - Hinrich - dunleavy

Trades i would look at
Carmelo
bledso
Thaddeus Young
D. Cousins
Nikola Vucevic

Jameerthefear
12-22-2015, 11:35 AM

because i don't see any value on that team but Buckets, McBuckets, and Portis. Not sure where they stand in terms of cap flexibility but the Bulls have never been a FA player. Historically the Bulls have been solid in acquiring talent through the draft so if they can move some of their pieces and bring back multiple draft picks then i think they will be on the right track over the long term.
I think they do imo. Keep Butler and ship off everyone. I've thought they needed a tear down for a couple years now.

G0ATbe
12-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Rose for Kobe. Passbe would fit perfectly on that team.

beastee
12-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Under Hoiberg it closed for sure.

With this roster...yes. A few tweaks and they are right back in it.

Trade Taj/Snell for the best PG you can get.

Let Gasol walk at EOY and seriously consider letting Noah walk.

Trade rose an expiring contract middle of 2016 season.

Position free agents that a Nucleus of new PG (from Trade), Butler, McDermott, Portis and an improved Mirotic is missing a Wing and Center and get at least one legit all-star/superstar out of those 2 and overpay for the other position.

This is all based on trading Taj/wing for the best young PG they can get that will force Rose to either improve or sit.

And the front office needs to actually land a major free agent, something they have proven they can't in the last decade.

I am so pissed at this team right now.

Jameerthefear
12-22-2015, 02:36 PM
With this roster...yes. A few tweaks and they are right back in it.

Trade Taj/Snell for the best PG you can get.

Let Gasol walk at EOY and seriously consider letting Noah walk.

Trade rose an expiring contract middle of 2016 season.

Position free agents that a Nucleus of new PG (from Trade), Butler, McDermott, Portis and an improved Mirotic is missing a Wing and Center and get at least one legit all-star/superstar out of those 2 and overpay for the other position.

This is all based on trading Taj/wing for the best young PG they can get that will force Rose to either improve or sit.

And the front office needs to actually land a major free agent, something they have proven they can't in the last decade.

I am so pissed at this team right now.
I still don't think that's a contender.

beastee
12-22-2015, 02:42 PM
I still don't think that's a contender.
That is fair...But I did say either an Allstar/superstar at 3 or 5

Collison/Conley type PG
Butler
McDermott (Durant pipedream)
Portis/Mirotic
Noah (Cousins pipedream)

You add one of those major players in 2016/2017 and this team is super ready.

Butler will be in prime, McDermott will be at least Kyle Korver on Hawks and Portis/Mirotic will be a great combo to put up points fast.

That team competes for sure. Obviously Durant doesn't happen, but there will be some great 3s and 5s available in 16/17.

Jameerthefear
12-22-2015, 02:46 PM
That is fair...But I did say either an Allstar/superstar at 3 or 5

Collison/Conley type PG
Butler
McDermott (Durant pipedream)
Portis/Mirotic
Noah (Cousins pipedream)

You add one of those major players in 2016/2017 and this team is super ready.

Butler will be in prime, McDermott will be at least Kyle Korver on Hawks and Portis/Mirotic will be a great combo to put up points fast.

That team competes for sure. Obviously Durant doesn't happen, but there will be some great 3s and 5s available in 16/17.
Yeah that team with a star is really good, but there's no way you guys have the assets for Cousins and Chicago doesn't seem like an option for Durant. Then you have to go pry Conley away from other teams with a max contract likely..

BasedTom
12-22-2015, 03:57 PM
1. Trade Dairy Crows

Leroy Jetson
12-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Two words: Time machine.

tontoz
12-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Start Brooks and let Hinrich get most of the backup minutes. That immediately improves their 27th ranked offense by a lot.

Rose shouldn't play unless it is a blowout. He is an anchor on the offense, taking 15 shots per game and shooting 37%. His ORTG is 87. :oldlol:

HylianNightmare
12-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Mirotic for Harris

Vancouver-Grizz
12-22-2015, 08:56 PM
Bulls have no real assets that can net big things in return. Gasol, Noah, Rose are all aging at a crippling rate.

You don' really want to trade Butler away because he is the only consistent producer that is still young. Mirotic would be a great trade asset but honestly who is gonna give a boat for him?

Ride it out and rebuild.

dhsilv
12-22-2015, 08:59 PM

If they can get a guy before a few of these guys get too old, they could make the finals, but there's needing a full rebuild sooner than later I suspect.

kshutts1
12-23-2015, 10:49 AM
Honestly, the best/most realistic option is to trade Pau for a PG, then have Rose come off the bench, and make sure he accepts that role. If he wont' accept it, don't play him.

I don't see any team trading for Rose and his contract, though that's an ideal scenario. Hence my mentioning "realistic" above.

But Pau, as a 35 yo that's still balling, provides a lot of value to a team that wants to win this year or next, AND needs front court help. Noah is another trade option, but not both Noah and Pau.

The teams that, I believe, could most use Pau/Noah are...
Indiana -- George is the real deal. Add in another good player, and what could happen?

Dallas -- I don't think they have a shot at contending, but I think Dallas believes they can, and that's what matters.

Clips -- Jordan, Blake, Pau would be a nasty front court.

Rockets -- I don't see Houston pairing Howard and Pau, as that didn't work well the first time, but other than that, this would be a decent landing spot.

Boston -- I don't think Boston can view themselves as a contender even with Pau, but my good friend, whose a Boston fan, does, so I'm putting them here for him.

Knicks -- May initially seem laughable, but with how well Porzingis has played, and then Melo and Pau would mesh well, I think, the team could be very dangerous. On a related note, I'm one of Melo's last remaining fans.

Toronto -- They don't utilize Val much when he's healthy, so why would they one of these players? But the team has a good backcourt, and can make the case that a front court is all that's keeping them from going deep in the playoffs.

Possible trades will be in the next post, as this one is already half a novel.

kshutts1
12-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Indiana -- Small ball is working for them, so I think Noah is a better fit than Pau.

Ellis, Budinger and a top 20 protected first for Noah.

The emergence of Miles makes Ellis more expendable and Budinger rarely plays. Noah can play uptempo small-ball while being their interior defender, but he's also mobile enough to defend the wing if needed. Not the perfect big for this new era of small ball, but he's very good at it.
One major question Indiana needs to ask, though... is health the only thing holding Noah back, or is he really declining?

Bulls get another guy (Ellis) that can create his own shot, as well as a decent backup SF. But most importantly, they open up more PT for Pau, Mirotic and Portis.

Houston -- Noah for Lawson and NYK 2016 second round pick, as well as Houston's pick if it falls 15-30, or Denver's and Portland's 2017 second round picks if it falls 1-14.

No one wants to touch Lawson right now. So Houston may do this overpay just to get rid of him. Noah is not a great fit in Houston with Howard already there, but he can provide the aforementioned mobile size, and he also passes well and hits FTs. So when teams want to hack-a-howard, Noah is an obvious counter-strategy. Oh, and he's expiring, which makes the pill more easy to swallow.

Boston -- Pau for Turner and Smart. Bulls get two guards that can create for themselves and others, and both of them are young and have some potential.

Clips -- I can't think of any trade that would help both teams. Stephenson and Smith are obvious trade targets, but if I'm the Bulls, I don't touch those two. Redick and Paul and Rivers are not likely to be available.

Dallas -- Gasol for Harris, Evans and Villanueva and a protected pick.

Harris is the scoring guard that Chicago needs, while Evans adds much-needed athleticism on the wing. Villanueva is just to make salaries work, but he's also a solid vet that will contribute if he's called upon.

Dallas has to be excited by their play this season, especially with Matthews and Parsons hurt for most of the year, and they may believe that Dirk, Pau, Matthews, Parsons, Zaza and Williams can do some damage in the playoffs, especially depending upon matchups.

Knicks -- Gasol for Galloway, Williams, Vujacic. Now that I am typing this up. I hate it. Just included it because I already mentioned the Knicks

$LakerGold
02-23-2016, 06:11 AM
D-Rose is starting to show a little bit of the old D-Rose.

Since January, 19/4/4 45% shooting. Since Butler's injury 22/5/5 46%

nathanjizzle
02-23-2016, 06:27 AM
1. get a competent coach.
2. trade butler for a player that is a better fit to play alongside rose.
3. trade taj gibson for a specialty wing player.

Bosnian Sajo
02-23-2016, 01:11 PM
It's been the same old shit since we saw the baby bulls with Gordon, Hinrich, Deng, etc.

Before it was they just need to grow up
Then they needed a few extra pieces
Then some luck in the lottery
Then they just needed to stay healthy

It's time to blow it up. Noah is sadly past his prime (when did that happen?? Time flies bruh, I remember his draft like last night), Rose is a shell which is devastating, the team is shit outside of Jimmy, and worst of all, Jimmy is now injured too.

What are they fighting it for? Blow it up and keep the young guys/trade for draft picks. Keep Jimmy, but ****ing let him rehab and come back READY. Keep Portis and McDermott, blow the rest of it up. They tried and it is really unfortunate what injuries did to this great team, but these days even when healthy, injuries have taken too much of a toll on this team and they don't have that "it" factor.

Last season was their chance to at the very least make the finals, the Cavs were injured af and the Bulls were looking like they could beat them. They were even up 2-1, game 4 looked to make it 3-1 until Lebron hit a buzzer beater that killed any hope and the Bulls did not win another game in the series. Mind you Rose, Butler, Gasol, Noah, all them dudes were playing.

If you couldn't get past Lebron (and only Lebron), how to you expect to get past Lebron/Irving/Love and a much more stacked team?

Blow. It. Up. There is no more use.

Bosnian Sajo
02-23-2016, 01:13 PM
1. get a competent coach.
2. trade butler for a player that is a better fit to play alongside rose.
3. trade taj gibson for a specialty wing player.

Insidehoops, everyone.

keep-itreal
02-23-2016, 01:23 PM
1. Trade everyone except Rose and Butler
2. Get players that don't get injured every season

LARRY BROWN
02-23-2016, 08:38 PM
trade derick rose and jimmy butler for LeBron james!!!!!!!!!!!!:lebroncry: