PDA

View Full Version : 7 players from the Cavs 2010 roster were out of the league 2 seasons later

Hey Yo
12-22-2015, 08:25 PM
Shaq
Big Z
Delonte West
Anthony Parker
Jamario Moon
Leon Powe
Jawad Williams

The avg. age of the team was 28yrs old

Yet I was told "if LeBron would have stayed, the Cavs had the right pieces to win a title the next few years.

:oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
12-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Shaq
Big Z
Delonte West
Anthony Parker
Jamario Moon
Leon Powe
Jawad Williams

The avg. age of the team was 28yrs old

Yet I was told "if LeBron would have stayed, the Cavs had the right pieces to win a title the next few years.

:oldlol:

Actually, guys retiring with bloated contracts would have opened up a lot of possibilities in free agency. That being said, things worked out better in the end with LeBron leaving for four years.

Now we have pieces that will be around to take the controls when LBJ starts his inevitable decline. This team is relatively young.

Hey Yo
12-22-2015, 08:37 PM
Actually, guys retiring with bloated contracts would have opened up a lot of possibilities in free agency. That being said, things worked out better in the end with LeBron leaving for four years.

Now we have pieces that will be around to take the controls when LBJ starts his inevitable decline. This team is relatively young.
Except for the fact that Cleveland had zero history of attracting above avg. to very good FA. at that time. Prob. would have had to over pay players like they did with Donyell Marshall and Damon Jones.

And all that would have done would be another carousel of players coming in that would take time learning to play with each other.

HylianNightmare
12-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Leon powe,wow haven't heard that name in a long time

Sportal
12-22-2015, 10:08 PM
What about 2007 Finals Cavs?

jbryan1984
12-23-2015, 06:36 AM
If you go back in history and look at contending teams, its the norm
Players on their last legs go to those teams a lot of the time. Look at the Celtics 08-12. Other than the big 4, that roster changed constantly, including guys leaving the league and retiring. Off the top of my head Posey, Cassell, Shaq, West, PJ, Finley, Sheed, Pietrus, plenty more.

I actually loved the 2010 team and about everyone thought the Jamison trade made us untouchable. Then was a bad move when lost. The 07 team i have no idea how we did it. LeBron was just magical that year especially in the Detroit series.