PDA

View Full Version : How Much More Does Steph Curry Have To Do To Be a Top 10 All Time PG?

GoSpursGo1984
12-23-2015, 01:51 PM
Another Championship maybe another MVP or two play longer?

Legends66NBA7
12-23-2015, 01:56 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379952

^Lot of posters already think he's Top 10, if not he's close to it.

feyki
12-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Magic
Oscar
Cousy
Walt
Isiah
Stockton
Nash
Davies
Kidd
Cp3

For now .

Probably , 3 more top 5 year .

richi
12-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Magic
Oscar
Cousy
Walt
Isiah
Stockton
Nash
Davies
Kidd
Cp3

For now .

Probably , 3 more top 5 year .

what i always wonder is if all these where in there prime would you honestly take them over curry? like you really saying you rate cp3 at his peak over curry now?

DMAVS41
12-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Part of being a great basketball player is being able to do it for a long period of time so he's needs that longevity...

But he's the bets pg I've seen since Magic at his current level.

Just2McFly
12-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Part of being a great basketball player is being able to do it for a long period of time so he's needs that longevity...

But he's the bets pg I've seen since Magic at his current level.
you guys make me sick...Did Jason Kidd/Steve Nash/CP3/Zeke/Payton not exist?

Holy ****

riseagainst
12-23-2015, 02:05 PM
in terms of pure impact, he's already top 3.

mehyaM24
12-23-2015, 02:07 PM

Holy ****

they exist, but steph has played better than all of them. every single one of them.

look up his impact- its one of the greatest offensive seasons in modern history.

Milbuck
12-23-2015, 02:09 PM

Holy ****
Yes, they all existed and none of them except maybe peak CP were as good as Curry is right now.

Just2McFly
12-23-2015, 02:09 PM
yeah, and he's played better than all of them. every single one of them.
I'm sure I can find two month stretches where they went insane too.... like this is getting ridiculous.

mehyaM24
12-23-2015, 02:11 PM
I'm sure I can find two month stretches where they went insane too.... like this is getting ridiculous.

i'm sure you can. at this level though?

go ahead and post the numbers.

Harison
12-23-2015, 02:17 PM
All-time great performance, MVP and ring already got him into Top10.

The question is, what he have to do to get into Top5, and how high can he get?

juju151111
12-23-2015, 02:19 PM
How is Nash superior to Curry

Heavincent
12-23-2015, 02:20 PM

Holy ****

You're the same person who said Gilbert Areanas was better than Curry.

Try to be a little more objective. Any reasonable fan should be able to see Curry is a historically great player.

Just2McFly
12-23-2015, 02:20 PM
All-time great performance, MVP and ring already got him into Top10.

The question is, what he have to do to get into Top5, and how high can he get?
:biggums: :biggums:

I find it funny that you have one great season and you are top ten, this irks me.

You are putting him above players who have consistently been great for decades as if that doesnt mean anything.

Heavincent
12-23-2015, 02:21 PM
And yeah, in terms of peak, he's already top 3.

DMAVS41
12-23-2015, 02:27 PM

Holy ****

None of those guys were as good as Curry has been so far this year...and when you combine it with his level last year...it's not a fluke.

Like I said...he has to do it for a long period of time in order to enter the conversation in terms of all time rankings because being durable and doing it for 10 plus years is a huge part of being great.

But just talking about his peak so far? Last season and this year? He's played the game at a higher level than any of the guys above did.

Just2McFly
12-23-2015, 02:38 PM
None of those guys were as good as Curry has been so far this year...and when you combine it with his level last year...it's not a fluke.

Like I said...he has to do it for a long period of time in order to enter the conversation in terms of all time rankings because being durable and doing it for 10 plus years is a huge part of being great.

But just talking about his peak so far? Last season and this year? He's played the game at a higher level than any of the guys above did.
He had a good year last year but you guys are acting like he was shitting on people left right and center.... dude averaged 24 PPG....

To act like Nash in 06/ CP3 in 08/Kidd in 02 weren't on another level is ludicrous...

If he keeps this up for a whole season.... then he's better than them for sure... but he's notorious for disappearing (i.e. last finals) and we all know he's not gonna be this hot for the whole year. I feel like the hype is getting to everyone's brain. Like dont get it twisted, he's amazing...but you guys need to give it some damn time. He's in his seventh season and you guys are saying he's better than the all time steals leader... dudes that make up the top 5 in assists all time... like consistency is everything.

I wonder if people were like T-mac is a top 5 SF ever after 04:rolleyes:

DMAVS41
12-23-2015, 02:43 PM
He had a good year last year but you guys are acting like he was shitting on people left right and center.... dude averaged 24 PPG....

To act like Nash in 06/ CP3 in 08/Kidd in 02 weren't on another level is ludicrous...

If he keeps this up for a whole season.... then he's better than them for sure... but he's notorious for disappearing (i.e. last finals) and we all know he's not gonna be this hot for the whole year. I feel like the hype is getting to everyone's brain. Like dont get it twisted, he's amazing...but you guys need to give it some damn time. He's in his seventh season and you guys are saying he's better than the all time steals leader... dudes that make up the top 5 in assists all time... like consistency is everything.

I wonder if people were like T-mac is a top 5 SF ever after 04:rolleyes:

I said this year...not last year.

I said his play last year leads me to believe it's not a fluke...as always, I'll wait until the the year is over, but even without his improved play this year...he was on par with anyone that has played pg since Magic last year.

As to the other stuff...you clearly didn't read my post where I clearly said, 3 times now in this thread, that he has to do it for a long time.

Like...please take 10 seconds and read the posts you are responding to. This was in the post you just responded to;

Just2McFly
12-23-2015, 02:48 PM
I said this year...not last year.

I said his play last year leads me to believe it's not a fluke...as always, I'll wait until the the year is over, but even without his improved play this year...he was on par with anyone that has played pg since Magic last year.

I can't take this kind of talk seriously. Come on B.

Nash had a season where he averaged 19PPG, 11 APG shot 53% from the field, 46 % from 3..... you guys need to stop the lies.. and the sad this is that was 07 so it wasn't even an MVP year for him.

DMAVS41
12-23-2015, 02:51 PM

Nash had a season where he averaged 19PPG, 11 APG shot 53% from the field, 46 % from 3..... you guys need to stop the lies.. and the sad this is that was 07 so it wasn't even an MVP year for him.

Current Curry and last year Curry was better than Nash ever was. Sorry...

ArbitraryWater
12-23-2015, 02:51 PM

Holy ****

Nah, as with your Westbrook > Durant talk, you are completely blinded by your delusions... none of those guys (besides Paul imo) were/are close to peak Curry.

Just deal with it..

I remember you having more of these asinine opinions, by the way.

Just2McFly
12-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Paul had a season where he shot over 50% from the field, had more steals per game than turnovers, averaged 11.6 APG and his second best player was David West... you guys are FOOLING yourselves if you think that Curry is playing like the second greatest PG of all time...

Calling my opinions asinine because I think for my self.

ArbitraryWater
12-23-2015, 02:54 PM
You're the same person who said Gilbert Areanas was better than Curry.

Try to be a little more objective. Any reasonable fan should be able to see Curry is a historically great player.

ahh yup, thats the guy... but we're the ones who make him sick :oldlol: Classic over emotional way of arguing to try to make his weak point stronger.

I mean, now 2002 Kidd is supposed to be on another level than current Curry? Borderline retarded.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/MaleRuler/Wrestling/iItH1aGyfQjOH_zpsfo80ygsw.gif (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/MaleRuler/media/Wrestling/iItH1aGyfQjOH_zpsfo80ygsw.gif.html)

Just2McFly
12-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Nah, as with your Westbrook > Durant talk, you are completely blinded by your delusions... none of those guys (besides Paul imo) were/are close to peak Curry.

Just deal with it..

I remember you having more of these asinine opinions, by the way.

Now Nash isn't even close to Peak curry? I'm done.:oldlol: :oldlol:

DMAVS41
12-23-2015, 02:57 PM
Paul had a season where he shot over 50% from the field, had more steals per game than turnovers, averaged 11.6 APG and his second best player was David West... you guys are FOOLING yourselves if you think that Curry is playing like the second greatest PG of all time...

You yourself just said Curry is playing better than Paul ever played if he finishes the season like this.

Your problem is that you aren't realizing how good Curry was last year...a year in which he did finish it off. His year last year was as good or better than any of the peaks of the players you listed.

So, his peak, is as good or better than anyone since Magic already imo...this year just adds more to that. I think one could argue Paul's peak maybe being better than Curry last year...and I might not argue much...I just think Curry brings a more valuable skill set to winning...especially in the playoffs.

Now, in terms of all time rankings...he needs to add the longevity to match the peak.

mehyaM24
12-23-2015, 02:58 PM
ahh yup, thats the guy... but we're the ones who make him sick :oldlol: Classic over emotional way of arguing to try to make his weak point stronger.

I mean, now 2002 Kidd is supposed to be on another level than current Curry? Borderline retarded.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/MaleRuler/Wrestling/iItH1aGyfQjOH_zpsfo80ygsw.gif (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/MaleRuler/media/Wrestling/iItH1aGyfQjOH_zpsfo80ygsw.gif.html)

lmfao.. get em bruh

guy
12-23-2015, 03:02 PM
PG is arguably the weakest position historically. He's easily already top 10 for me. Longevity really isn't much of an issue. When it comes to building a championship team, I'd easily take him despite his only 6-7 year career over every PG ever except for at most 9, which would make him top 10. Same reason I would take Magic and Isiah over Stockton, Kidd, and Nash despite the fact that there careers were only about 2/3 as long.

feyki
12-23-2015, 03:04 PM
what i always wonder is if all these where in there prime would you honestly take them over curry? like you really saying you rate cp3 at his peak over curry now?

Op's question about career , not peak or prime .

IGOTGAME
12-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Lebron has played as much point guard as Steph has these last phew years...we might as well start comparing Steph to two guards because the role he plays is similar to that of a premiere perimeter player.

Heavincent
12-23-2015, 03:06 PM

Curry is currently shooting over 50% while averaging over 30 PPG, something Paul could never dream of.

Curry is already more accomplished than CP3, AND he has a better peak.

Just2McFly
12-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Curry is currently shooting over 50% while averaging over 30 PPG, something Paul could never dream of.

Curry is already more accomplished than CP3, AND he has a better peak.

If you are calling these two months a peak then, Kobe has the greatest peak in modern NBA history... you need to go to bed.

Legends66NBA7
12-23-2015, 03:13 PM

I think you're opinions are just biased when it comes to players from Golden State, Boston, and New York. At least from what I've read from you over the years. Not that there's anything wrong with some bias, we all have it, but look at this way...

Steph is on path to become the 3rd PG to win MVP (while deservingly so for both), while being a complete offensive juggernaut both individually and for his team. I've never seen a PG that can score and shoot the ball the way Steph has. His ability to get where he wants and to get his shot off is something that hasn't been seen before... All while shattering the single season records for 3's in a season and playoffs. On pace to shatter the all-time 3 point record if he stays healthy.

The only major critcism for him as a player is his defense, which he isn't a total liability either. He's average and is certainly isn't asked to anchor a defense or is asked to guard the other teams best player. Obviously nobody should expect that. Everything else ? Does it at an above average and elite level.

If he has another top playoff run with a title and the season he has been having.... honestly speaking even Magic and Oscar aren't a tier above him.

dubeta
12-23-2015, 03:14 PM
He's still not there yet

DMAVS41
12-23-2015, 03:14 PM
If you are calling these two months a peak then, Kobe has the greatest peak in modern NBA history... you need to go to bed.

Why would you ignore last year....a clear cut MVP season combined with a playoffs of 28/5/6 61%TS en route to the title.

Nobody mentioned has bested that at their peak. As good? Perhaps, but nobody has bested that since Magic imo.

Then, when you factor in this year so far, by your own admission better than anyone you listed...

There just isn't any reason not to list Curry up there in terms of peak.

It's his longevity that is the question going forward...his best/peak is already as good or better than any pg since Magic.

Heavincent
12-23-2015, 03:19 PM

I'm talking about last year and this year.

You think Gilbert Arenas is better than Steph ****ing Curry, so it's hard to take you seriously on the subject.

imnew09
12-23-2015, 03:32 PM

Holy ****

nigguh Did Steve Nash/CP3 lead his team to a ring?

NAH. In fact, CP3 never gotten MVP....

!@#$%Vectors!@#
12-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Just going to say that I hope you guys keep this same tone. Because some of you will turn on Steph and call him a fraud.

Go STeph!

Milbuck
12-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Just2McFly is toooo f*cking salty in this thread :oldlol:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
12-23-2015, 04:00 PM
Just2McFly is toooo f*cking salty in this thread :oldlol:

You're a really objective poster. I guess you only troll when it comes to Ames Haren and the ROckets.

dhsilv
12-23-2015, 04:09 PM
PG is arguably the weakest position historically. He's easily already top 10 for me. Longevity really isn't much of an issue. When it comes to building a championship team, I'd easily take him despite his only 6-7 year career over every PG ever except for at most 9, which would make him top 10. Same reason I would take Magic and Isiah over Stockton, Kidd, and Nash despite the fact that there careers were only about 2/3 as long.

Shooting guard is FAR FAR weaker historically.

dhsilv
12-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Lebron has played as much point guard as Steph has these last phew years...we might as well start comparing Steph to two guards because the role he plays is similar to that of a premiere perimeter player.

This year I'd agree, not last year.

dhsilv
12-23-2015, 04:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6S4ZbBj.jpg

Here are Curry's per 100 stats along with a few other well know guys, sorted on points per game, which is a curry biasing stat, I'm fully aware.

The only years I see here at a glance I'm liking over Curry last year was 09 Chris Paul and 87 Magic just glancing at the per 100 data. People forget how many minutes curry sat out because his team was up 20 in the 4th.

3peated
12-23-2015, 07:41 PM
play at this level for like 5+ years

bizil
12-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Peak or best player wise, u can make a case that Steph is a top 3 PG of all time. Right there with Magic and Big O. In terms of GOAT status, he needs to put up at least four more great seasons. As much as I love Steph, u can't put him above guys like Kidd, Stockton, Payton, Nash, Cousy, Tiny, and CP yet. Let alone the big three in Magic, Big O, and Zeke.

A HUGE part of GOAT status is longevity being a great player. Total career numbers (not averages) are a huge indicator of how great a player was. If Steph retired today, his TOTAL CAREER NUMBERS wouldn't be HOF worthy.

TheMarkMadsen
12-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Magic and Isiah are the two GOAT point guards. Curry is currently peaking at an ATG level.

bizil
12-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Magic and Isiah are the two GOAT point guards. Curry is currently peaking at an ATG level.

I agree! Peak and GOAT status are two different things. GOAT status is the DEFINING LIST and the one that gets u in the HOF. I also think the fact that Steph is redefining the PG position is HUGE as well. Anytime u redefine your position, that gives u bonus points in my opinion.

Just2McFly
12-23-2015, 08:50 PM
I think you're opinions are just biased when it comes to players from Golden State, Boston, and New York. At least from what I've read from you over the years. Not that there's anything wrong with some bias, we all have it, but look at this way...

Steph is on path to become the 3rd PG to win MVP (while deservingly so for both), while being a complete offensive juggernaut both individually and for his team. I've never seen a PG that can score and shoot the ball the way Steph has. His ability to get where he wants and to get his shot off is something that hasn't been seen before... All while shattering the single season records for 3's in a season and playoffs. On pace to shatter the all-time 3 point record if he stays healthy.

The only major critcism for him as a player is his defense, which he isn't a total liability either. He's average and is certainly isn't asked to anchor a defense or is asked to guard the other teams best player. Obviously nobody should expect that. Everything else ? Does it at an above average and elite level.

If he has another top playoff run with a title and the season he has been having.... honestly speaking even Magic and Oscar aren't a tier above him.
Boston and New York bias what are you even talking about ? I'm not biased to Steph, I just point out facts . He needs to completely fill out his resume before I start placing him with all time greats. You guys are being flat out disrespectful to the history of the game. I don't want to hear comparisons to peak Magic ever again because that guy was the conductor for arguably the greatest team of all time , the 1987 Lakers.

You guys want to post stats without context , and someone posted a chart with curry as the top two spots , one being a season he's 30 games in and the top 10 is filled in with Chris Paul and Magic . Only further proving my point. If he stays on this level, he will be top 3 all time. Is he ? Realistically no.

Right now I'm not putting him above Nash, Paul, Magic, Zeke and Payton. Payton is historically underrated because people tend to believe defense at the position doesn't matter.

We shall see. I honestly wish him the best but I'm not seeing him put up a huge gap between him and his contemporaries right now. If Westbrook wins a ring being an all time great playoff performer on both sides of the ball, where does he rank? Or Paul ? I just think you guys need to be patient .

stalkerforlife
12-23-2015, 08:56 PM
He doesn't have to do a thing and you know it, OP.

He's top 10 and can easily become 2nd best of all time with another title this year.

Wade's Rings
12-23-2015, 08:57 PM
We shall see. I honestly wish him the best but I'm not seeing him put up a huge gap between him and his contemporaries right now. If Westbrook wins a ring being an all time great playoff performer on both sides of the ball, where does he rank? Or Paul ? I just think you guys need to be patient .

Great point on Westbrook.

DMAVS41
12-23-2015, 09:03 PM
Boston and New York bias what are you even talking about ? I'm not biased to Steph, I just point out facts . He needs to completely fill out his resume before I start placing him with all time greats. You guys are being flat out disrespectful to the history of the game. I don't want to hear comparisons to peak Magic ever again because that guy was the conductor for arguably the greatest team of all time , the 1987 Lakers.

You guys want to post stats without context , and someone posted a chart with curry as the top two spots , one being a season he's 30 games in and the top 10 is filled in with Chris Paul and Magic . Only further proving my point. If he stays on this level, he will be top 3 all time. Is he ? Realistically no.

Right now I'm not putting him above Nash, Paul, Magic, Zeke and Payton. Payton is historically underrated because people tend to believe defense at the position doesn't matter.

Patient for what?

You keep acting like most here haven't repeatedly said he has to do this for 10 plus years to be put on a certain level.

You accused me of doing this in pots I actually said just as much.

Peak wise, however, there has not been a guard playing above Curry's level of last year and this year since Magic. There is nothing wrong with saying that.

While also saying that he needs to have consistent play over years like others have as well to reach certain levels.

You are making an issue out of something that really isn't there at all.

TheMarkMadsen
12-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Great point on Westbrook.

not really, if Westbrook wins a title while putting up great stats that would mean he finally figured out how to consistently play under control while limiting the dumb mistakes. His biggest weakness is that he's just plays out of control at times and it goes unnoticed because he's so damn athletic that it looks reasonable.

He takes too many bad shots and doesn't seem to always have a plan when attacking which leads to too many missed opportunities. A smarter version of WB who still somehow puts up those insane stats while winning a title would undoubtedly be some ATG level of play.

There are real things that are holding a great player like WB and others away from playing championship basketball consistently enough to win a ring. Too many times on ISH people act like there is some magical pixie handing out rings to the luckiest teams at the end of the season, this is not the case.

The "if" part of "if" player x or y can win a ring is a massive "if", there are things about these players games holding them back from having more success. Curry has proven that he has the ability to lead a team to a title and that is huge especially when we've seen all of these guys play on really good teams before.

SyRyanYang
12-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Just2McFly taking Ls left and right
Even Nash himself would tell you how Curry is better than him.

Wade's Rings
12-23-2015, 09:35 PM
not really, if Westbrook wins a title while putting up great stats that would mean he finally figured out how to consistently play under control while limiting the dumb mistakes. His biggest weakness is that he's just plays out of control at times and it goes unnoticed because he's so damn athletic that it looks reasonable.

He takes too many bad shots and doesn't seem to always have a plan when attacking which leads to too many missed opportunities. A smarter version of WB who still somehow puts up those insane stats while winning a title would undoubtedly be some ATG level of play.

There are real things that are holding a great player like WB and others away from playing championship basketball consistently enough to win a ring. Too many times on ISH people act like there is some magical pixie handing out rings to the luckiest teams at the end of the season, this is not the case.

The "if" part of "if" player x or y can win a ring is a massive "if", there are things about these players games holding them back from having more success. Curry has proven that he has the ability to lead a team to a title and that is huge especially when we've seen all of these guys play on really good teams before.

Great points and great post.

L.Kizzle
12-23-2015, 09:42 PM
He may be there already.

He's the only player besides Bob Davies, Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas to lead a team to a championship as a PG. (Walt Frazier was the best player for the Knicks in those Finals.)

He's the only PG to win a MVP not named Bob Cousy, Magic Johnson, Steve Nash or Derrick Rose.

After your Magic's, Oscar's, Isiah's, Frazier's, Stockton's, Cousy's than the rest is a toss up. Nash, Kidd, Payton, Archibald, Paul.

guy
12-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Shooting guard is FAR FAR weaker historically.

How so? First off, SG has Jordan. Second, maybe I'm in the minority, but despite PGs historically being possibly more enamored, they clearly haven't been more impactful. Frazier, Magic, Isiah, Curry are the only PGs to lead a team to a title as the best player. Can't say much about Walt but Magic was a freak of a nature, Isiah took a huge step back in his role and his team was well balanced, and Steph played more like a shooting guard. The PG position historically has been overrated.

guy
12-23-2015, 10:15 PM

Awesome post. Does not just apply to PGs either. It's hilarious how people actually think Steph vs Westbrook is actually an argument.

guy
12-23-2015, 10:20 PM
And really how are people still picking CP3 over Steph all-time? The longevity argument is shit here. He's only played 4 more seasons then Steph, and Steph is more accomplished and already played at a higher level then CP3 ever has. Who in their right mind would take CP3 of the last 11 seasons over Steph of the last 7 even with the 4 extra seasons?

This is just a classic case of people not wanting to accept greatness as it is currently happening. Don't get me wrong, I've hated on guys like Kobe and Lebron. But I never found myself in 2006 saying Kobe still wasn't better then Drexler or in 2010 saying Lebron still wasn't better then Dominique because they hadn't been around long enough and it was too early to tell.

bizil
12-23-2015, 10:29 PM
Another thing that makes Curry unique is he's the best floor general among the NEW AGE score first PG's. U know the guys like Russ, Irving, Lillard, Rose, etc. Even though Westbrook has impressive assist numbers, I think Curry's floor generalship is better. Curry is much more creative and crafty with his passing. And has more of a keen sense to see a play before it happens. So between the way he stretches the floor, passes, AND handles the rock, he makes his teammates BETTER than the other score first PG's.

bizil
12-23-2015, 10:42 PM
He may be there already.

He's the only player besides Bob Davies, Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas to lead a team to a championship as a PG. (Walt Frazier was the best player for the Knicks in those Finals.)

He's the only PG to win a MVP not named Bob Cousy, Magic Johnson, Steve Nash or Derrick Rose.

After your Magic's, Oscar's, Isiah's, Frazier's, Stockton's, Cousy's than the rest is a toss up. Nash, Kidd, Payton, Archibald, Paul.

Some guys have a LITERAL rocketship up the top 10 GOAT charts for their respective position. Guys like MJ, Shaq, Bird, Bron, and Magic are great examples. After their rookie years, they were ALREADY among the top 10 players in the world. Steph's great run started later BUT he's made up major ground with his skillset and achievements.

Redefining the PG position, an MVP, and NBA title are things that will ACCELERATE his rise in the top 10 GOAT PG's. Guys ALREADY in the top 10 GOAT PG's didn't accomplish ANY OF THOSE THINGS!! Let alone all three of them. Which means Steph just needs to keep putting up numbers statistically. Any other rings and MVPs he wins will be a bonus.

TommyGriffin
12-23-2015, 10:45 PM
Thread needs to be edited to delete the "PG".

SwayDizzle
12-23-2015, 10:53 PM
Kobe did have the greatest peak in modern NBA history

tontoz
12-23-2015, 11:32 PM
He just needs to stay relatively healthy. I am old af and watched Magic in college.I have seen all the great pgs since then.

The only clear advantage some other pgs have over Curry is defense. However a pg doesn't have the same impact defensively that bigs do. PGs can have a huge impact of offense because they have the ball so much.

Curry puts pressure on the defense as soon as he crosses midcourt. Magic and Nash were the best pgs on offense that i have seen but neither of them ever had the kind of offensive impact Curry is having right now.

comerb
12-23-2015, 11:58 PM
How many PGs have won a ring while being the best player on their team? That's a short list I think.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-24-2015, 12:04 AM
He just needs to stay relatively healthy. I am old af and watched Magic in college.I have seen all the great pgs since then.

The only clear advantage some other pgs have over Curry is defense. However a pg doesn't have the same impact defensively that bigs do. PGs can have a huge impact of offense because they have the ball so much.

Curry puts pressure on the defense as soon as he crosses midcourt. Magic and Nash were the best pgs on offense that i have seen but neither of them ever had the kind of offensive impact Curry is having right now.

Nah, he doesn't have a higher impact than Magic. I would say they're comparable, and brought a different set of skills to the table.

Magic's length and ability to see over defenders made him the GOAT passer. Curry's obscene shooting has made him one of the toughest shot makers. Seeing what these guys do in the playoffs is a big factor me. Lets see if Steph can keep this up.

Just2McFly
06-26-2016, 06:46 AM
You guys are so disrespectful. Currys impact was never on the Nash/CP3/Kidd level.

Young X
06-26-2016, 07:12 AM
You guys are so disrespectful. Currys impact was never on the Nash/CP3/Kidd level.I wouldn't go that far to say he wasn't at or probably even better than those guys but the posts in this thread just show how disrespectful people are to past greats and how excited they are to prematurely crown players.

I remember a bunch of clowns already proclaiming him as the greatest offensive player ever without even seeing the whole season play out. Just disrespectful.

Curry up to this point when this thread was made only had 2 and a half seasons playing at an elite/superstar level. You don't put that over other great players who were able to be great for 8, 9, 10+ years I don't care how great they were and how much he accomplished in them.

And don't even get me started on him not even being a real PG. He's an undersized shooting guard with PG skills like Iverson or D-Wade. He's not a floor general, stop categorizing him with real PG's.