PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Proof!! Stanford study: People who think they're ugly, more likely to be liberal

Akrazotile
12-23-2015, 06:59 PM
:roll:

So peep this. I was looking for a silly picture to make fun of longtime lurker with, and I googled "ugly liberal dweeb."

To my indescribable delight, THIS (http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/people-who-think-theyre-ugly-more-likely-to-be-liberal) came up as a search result.

It's an article called People Who Think They're Ugly More Likely To Be Liberal.

And it's not an opinion piece. It is based on THIS (http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/sites/gsb/files/publication-pdf/Belmi%20Neale%20Mirror%20Mirror%20OBHDP.pdf) series of FIVE Stanford studies :roll: :roll: :roll:

Go ahead and check that link kids. It's not foxnews.com. It's stanford.edu.

I've been saying this all along, and finally SCIENCE has validated me!!!! :hammertime::hammertime::hammertime:

LET'S SEE THOSE SCIENCE LIBERALS NOW!!!! :djparty :roll: :roll:

I knew it, you guys. I knew it. It's a psychological thing. It's not some superior level of morals that these people have somehow achieved. It's a psychological mechanism. It's a defense mechanism.

SCIENCE BABY!!!!!!!

Akrazotile
12-23-2015, 07:03 PM
I wanna thank Longtime Lurker for inspiring me to find this game-changer of a study.

I owe it all to him.

Cheers, friend ! :cheers:

Nick Young
12-23-2015, 07:08 PM
What do you think feminism is all about? Ugly fat chicks jealous of the hotties trying to level the playing field.

The leaders are fat uglies. Their followers are fat ugly girls who can relate and white knights with low standards who want to bang them.

warriorfan
12-23-2015, 07:09 PM
:milton

Akrazotile
12-23-2015, 07:10 PM
What do you think feminism is all about? Ugly fat chicks jealous of the hotties trying to level the playing field.

The leaders are fat uglies. Their followers are fat ugly girls who can relate and white knights with low standards who want to bang them.

Well we knew that. But whenever I argued the same thing about liberal men, just from my own personal observations, I was called an asshole, agenda-driven, retarded, etc.

A scientific study at Stanford has validated what I've been saying all along.

Thank you, Stanford!

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ronald-reagan-salute-bw.jpg

Akrazotile
12-23-2015, 07:10 PM
:milton

Milton is such a liberal

Akrazotile
12-23-2015, 07:13 PM
:roll:

imdaman99
12-23-2015, 07:29 PM
How bored do y'all gotta be?

Anyways, Marry Chrismus :cheers:

poido123
12-23-2015, 07:55 PM
How bored do y'all gotta be?

Anyways, Marry Chrismus :cheers:

Shall we behead you for mocking our god's holy day?

:confusedshrug:

Jameerthefear
12-23-2015, 07:58 PM
poido's a conservative and he's bald and ugly as hell

Akrazotile
12-23-2015, 08:01 PM
poido's a conservative and he's bald and ugly as hell

Ive not seen him, but he seems manly, and manly is sexy. And his sexy ass knows it.

nathanjizzle
12-23-2015, 08:22 PM
this is stupid. understanding that you are ugly, which 98 percent of people are, is only reality and rational understanding. its the dumb narcissistic narrow minded self centered conservatives who would believe they are beautiful and dont have an ounce of ugly in them.

CavaliersFTW
12-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Key word is think. IE people who don't think like narcissists

TheMan
12-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Lol, OP really reaching and he thinks that study is a "game changer"...:yaohappy:

But isn't the arts world (Hollywood, music, dance etc) decidedly liberal? Most of them are not ugly people. OTOH, most rednecks (Fox New target audience) are fat inbreds and good looking isn't one of the words one would describe them as...

OP is a silly silly little man :oldlol:

GIF REACTION
12-23-2015, 09:13 PM
This is not surprising one bit. Gen X self hate is a real deal.

oh the horror
12-23-2015, 09:23 PM
So, a conservative has a delusional inflated sense of self worth? Who woulda thunk it?

GIF REACTION
12-23-2015, 09:34 PM
I mean deucewallaces is living breathing proof of this

TommyGriffin
12-23-2015, 09:57 PM
I mean deucewallaces is living breathing proof of this

? She is pretty attractive in my opinion...

BasedTom
12-23-2015, 09:59 PM
https://i.4cdn.org/int/1450918974390.jpg

Akrazotile
12-23-2015, 10:01 PM
Lol, OP really reaching and he thinks that study is a "game changer"...:yaohappy:

But isn't the arts world (Hollywood, music, dance etc) decidedly liberal? Most of them are not ugly people. OTOH, most rednecks (Fox New target audience) are fat inbreds and good looking isn't one of the words one would describe them as...

:oldlol:

Was bein a lil silly there, but it kind of is, because I've been saying this for a long time, and not because I'm trying to put people down for no reason. I'm really interested in the psychological factors that cause people to reach different conclusions and have different political motivations. This is what interests me. And obviously the study data is a very interesting piece of the puzzle.

I think the study speaks to a difference between confidence and mental fragility in general. Obviously a lot of conservative men aren't 'model' good looking, but have a certain amount of masculinity that gives them more confidence than a typical lib. And I think the decline of men being the heads of a family household from basically their early 20's onward, has had a very emasculating effect. Traditionally, whether you were ugly or handsome, strong or skinny, successful or not, a man at least had a position of authority in his own home.

Nowadays men are single well into their 30's, live like a bunch of internet hermits, stare at pictures of gorgeous, rich celebrities on facebook all day that they can't compare with, and I think it has a damning effect. I mean those things apply to me as well :oldlol: , but I still at least have enough success with the ladies on a random basis to retain my masculinity. A lot of internet hermits don't.

It's all pieces to the puzzle. So I do think it's very interesting.

Akrazotile
12-23-2015, 10:02 PM
So, a conservative has a delusional inflated sense of self worth? Who woulda thunk it?

Hey, if you believe it, it becomes real to you.

Would you rather see yourself as attractive or as ugly?

BasedTom
12-23-2015, 10:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1ceXdo4.jpg

TheMan
12-24-2015, 02:12 AM
Ain't no shortage of ME beauties
Another reason to be mad at Islam, how many hotties do they got there hidden in burkas :mad:

NumberSix
12-24-2015, 07:23 AM

Yes. And all data shows that people who are less involved in politics heavily skew to the left. We all know that people who identify as "left" are more likely to know fcuk-all about politics than people on the right. People on the right are actually kinda fanatical about politics. I mean, people on the left barely even vote.

Politics is something that's just not a part of their life. They aren't involved in politics and they don't put much thought into it. Most people on the left are surface-level political illiterates. The depth of their political "wisdom" is hearing in passing that the right is mean to poor people and minorities and they were like "oh, they are? Ok, I'm on the other side then".

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-24-2015, 07:44 PM
Starface, what's your criteria for how good a human being is?

Obviously you value beauty and intelligence and "charm" Is that all?

Are those standards what you abide by till the end?

RidonKs
12-24-2015, 10:36 PM
well its a cliche that the loving left don't think too highly of themselves... that's as honest a depiction as the cliche that the rugged right have never for a second thought to doubt a single thought that enters their mind. neither is very precise but the stereotypes hold well enough

point is this is just as easily a point about the curious quality of introspection, as opposed to a bulletproof indictment of inferiority complex. they aren't ugly by any definitive standard. they think of themselves as ugly.

in other words they lack vanity... if you have never thought to yourself "hmm, actually im a pretty strange looking creature aren't i? oh and so is that supermodel and that bodybuilder" well the process itself isn't so pleasant but the after effects are arguably worthwhile. it's not difficult to convince yourself

i remember a philosophy pondering how absurd it would be if a group of shelled sea creatures, each different from the next, were commenting to one another about how this one's lines were spaced too far apart and that one's

starface, once again, misses more than a few points

then plugs his ears and screams LALALALALALALA

big strong ubermench starface, GRRRRRR

Jameerthefear
12-24-2015, 10:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1ceXdo4.jpg
dunno what she supports but she could get this dick

Nick Young
12-24-2015, 11:07 PM
dunno what she supports but she could get this dick
Looks to me like she's in to some white supremacy and nationalism.

Jameerthefear
12-24-2015, 11:16 PM
Looks to me like she's in to some white supremacy and nationalism.
she won't be when she gets this dick