PDA

View Full Version : Nash or CP3?

Jameerthefear
12-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Who was better?

Mass Debator
12-23-2015, 07:47 PM
I would say a tie, but if I had to choose...it's CP3 for defense and because he's on par or almost there with Nash at everything else.

AirTupac
12-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Nash for sure. I dont need my PG always choking. Nash would be hot sex with BG and that other black guy

SugarHill
12-23-2015, 07:48 PM
I feel like prime Nash would have taken these clippers to a couple WCF at least tbh

TommyGriffin
12-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Steve Nash, EASILY.

Levity
12-23-2015, 07:50 PM
i want to say CP3, but then i flash his career before my eyes, and want to change my vote to nash instead

CP3 do you even WCF, bro????

Jameerthefear
12-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Everyone chill. Let's just drop it and keep the topic going.

qrich
12-23-2015, 08:16 PM
Nash was sick, but give me 08 Paul over any Nash.

JohnFreeman
12-23-2015, 08:20 PM
is it cool for Cp3 to say he only wants to play for a black coach?
Amazing point.

Chris Paul’s preference is to stay with the Clippers but he wants them to hire an African-American coach, according to multiple league sources. The Clips’ best bet for keeping Paul with a long-term deal might be to hire Nate McMillan, who can have the Pistons job and any number of bad-to-so-so jobs that are out there, as the replacement for Vinny Del Negro, whose current contract is expiring and is not getting a new deal.

SugarHill
12-23-2015, 08:21 PM
is it cool for Cp3 to say he only wants to play for a black coach?
paul is a moron smh

Levity
12-23-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm not gonna let some dumb ass whiteboy make a joke about slavery and let it slide. I don't care if it's the internet.

Well, what are you going to do?

TheMarkMadsen
12-23-2015, 08:29 PM
anyways I will go with Nash. Faster decision maker, better play-maker, took his teams further and was screwed out of making the finals by the league in 07..

it's funny that everybody wants to constantly bring up the 02 Kings series as being rigged, but nobody ever talks about the supposedly rigged 07 WCF between the Spurs and Suns

[QUOTE]
In an interview with chicagonow.com, Donaghy spoke on the 2007 San Antonio Spurs-Phoenix Suns playoff series. Take it for what you will, [B]Donaghy talks about how another NBA referee was steering the series in San Antonio

SugarHill
12-23-2015, 08:31 PM
anyways I will go with Nash. Faster decision maker, better play-maker, took his teams further and was screwed out of making the finals by the league in 07..

it's funny that everybody wants to constantly bring up the 02 Kings series as being rigged, but nobody ever talks about the supposedly rigged 07 WCF between the Spurs and Suns

That Suns team got screwed out of a finals trip

yep. And they would have won over bum Cavs. Nash would be looking at a ring and people who talk about him the way they do Dirk

warriorfan
12-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Looks like this thread got cleaned up nicely :applause:

Young X
12-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Well, what are you going to do?I can't do anything over the internet :lol

It's just crazy to me how it's about to be 2016 and you still have idiots that think making jokes about slavery is funny. That shit isn't cool bro.

And I'm not trying to act like a tough guy but if a white guy say something racist I'm gonna say something about it. People are allowed to be disrespectful nowadays without consequences because of the internet and I'm not having it.

magnax1
12-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Everyone chill. Let's just drop it and keep the topic going.
It's ISH jam. Never gonna happen.

Ill say I would take Nash pretty easily. CP3 has an advantage in a few things. He never turns the ball over, which is impressive but its not a difference maker. Hes better on D, but despite his all defensive teams Ive never thought of him as more than average. Certainly he gets destroyed in matchups vs bigger point guards, even some who just arent really in the same tier as he is. Once again, not really a difference maker.

Some would say hes a better scorer. I dont see it. More willing to shoot, yeah, but when Nash needs to score he can drop 30 (look back at that dallas series where they played to keep the ball in his hands) and hes one of the best shooters of all time. He scores a lot more efficiently than Paul.

Passing wise its clear who is better. Nash has a long list of players who he made look better than ever before or after.

Smoke117
12-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Cp3.

Wade's Rings
12-23-2015, 08:38 PM
I agree with both of SugarHill's posts. Nash would've made the WCF in 2014 & 2015. Also, with a Finals MVP & Ring in '07 + 2 MVPs, Nash is talked about as a Top 20 Player All-Time.

greatest-ever
12-23-2015, 08:59 PM
Nash definitely ranks higher all time, as for peak vs peak idk that's a close one.

Thechosen1
12-23-2015, 09:07 PM
nash cp3 sucks

Fallen Angel
12-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Good job boys. Got another racist off the streets.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-23-2015, 09:16 PM
Depends if u value defense or not:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

dhsilv
12-23-2015, 10:10 PM
I feel like prime Nash would have taken these clippers to a couple WCF at least tbh

What about Prime Chris Paul? I he'd have faired better with these clips as well.

Wade's Rings
12-24-2015, 05:18 PM
What about Prime Chris Paul? I he'd have faired better with these clips as well.

You wouldn't consider Chris Paul Prime these last few years?

24-Inch_Chrome
12-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Nash.

2007 still gets me angry. :mad:

Kawhi
12-24-2015, 05:20 PM
Nash and Griffin would've been something.

bdreason
12-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Cp3.

Proctor
12-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Anyone who thinks CP3 is better than Nash is delusional.

Nash was better at scoring when it mattered, and better at creating offense for his team. I have zero doubt that Nash on the recent Clipper teams would have made the WCF.

bergs14
12-24-2015, 05:26 PM
https://youtu.be/fvkKdXLwt0U

Makes my blood boil, still.

Wade's Rings
12-24-2015, 05:30 PM
Nash.

2007 still gets me angry. :mad:

Where would you rank him if he got a Title + Finals MVP in '07?

BasedTom
12-24-2015, 05:39 PM
It's ISH jam. Never gonna happen.

Ill say I would take Nash pretty easily. CP3 has an advantage in a few things. He never turns the ball over, which is impressive but its not a difference maker. Hes better on D, but despite his all defensive teams Ive never thought of him as more than average. Certainly he gets destroyed in matchups vs bigger point guards, even some who just arent really in the same tier as he is. Once again, not really a difference maker.

Some would say hes a better scorer. I dont see it. More willing to shoot, yeah, but when Nash needs to score he can drop 30 (look back at that dallas series where they played to keep the ball in his hands) and hes one of the best shooters of all time. He scores a lot more efficiently than Paul.

Passing wise its clear who is better. Nash has a long list of players who he made look better than ever before or after.
cp3 locked up KD :confusedshrug:

TheMarkMadsen
12-24-2015, 05:45 PM
cp3 locked up KD :confusedshrug:

Curry had Paul playing twister last year

https://i.imgflip.com/jlnu0.gif

FKAri
12-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Curry had Paul playing twister last year

https://i.imgflip.com/jlnu0.gif

Curry's been dropped a million times. Who cares about one play? Curry > Paul this year and it has nothing to do with that play.

24-Inch_Chrome
12-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Where would you rank him if he got a Title + Finals MVP in '07?
I'm not sure. I think he's a top 40-45 player now, adding a title + FMVP would probably be top 30 or so. I don't really think beyond my top 20 or so very often which makes it tough to rank him but I think he's generally underrated. If I can find time I'll try making a top 50 ranking just to get a better feel for things.

dannywpt
12-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Nash

smoovegittar
12-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Nash. More clutch in the moment. But it's very close in my eyes.

airchibundo507
12-25-2015, 12:31 AM
Nash was the better shooter, but Paul can do everything Nash did while playing elite defense. Nash was clearly below average on that end. He didn't even bloom until late in his career. If not for Paul's injuries limiting his athleticism early, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Nash never came close to Paul's:
22.8 ppg, 11.0 apg, 5.5 rpg, 2.8 spg, 3.0 TO, 50.3% FG, 0.292 WS/48 in 08-09
:bowdown:

coin24
12-25-2015, 12:36 AM
Nash all day...

CP3 is a loser

mehyaM24
12-25-2015, 01:12 AM
im actually shocked so many people are picking nash.

they're not wrong, i also think he's better, but didn't think it was by THIS much of a landslide. kind of shows you how overrated guy is in the grand scheme - that choke against houston really screwed his perception.

Young X
12-25-2015, 01:21 AM
CP last season is better than any version of Nash. They both lead #1 offenses and were insanely efficient but the difference is Paul does more outside of offense. Nash was a bad defender while Paul was one of the best defenders at his position.

And I don't see Nash taking the Clippers any deeper in the playoffs either. If you put him on the Clippers you would have a defensive backcourt of Steve Nash and JJ Redick. Imagine those 2 against all the explosive guards in the western conference, they'd go from a mediocre defense to one of the worst in the league.

Then in the playoffs, Nash would have to go up against Curry AND Westbrook in the same run in one of those years. If Nash had trouble with Tony Parker, how would he fair with that lunatic Westbrook attacking him on both ends?

mehyaM24
12-25-2015, 01:43 AM
I'm not sure. I think he's a top 40-45 player now, adding a title + FMVP would probably be top 30 or so. I don't really think beyond my top 20 or so very often which makes it tough to rank him but I think he's generally underrated. If I can find time I'll try making a top 50 ranking just to get a better feel for things.

phoenix got screwed out of a title for sure. suns win that series, sweep the cavs, and nash becomes the first pg since the magic era to lead his team to a championship. that would be more impressive than anything chris paul has accomplished - although nash's 2005 and 2007 playoff runs were great too.

some posters will cite pauls "defense" but its not enough to overthrow nash's GOAT offensive impact & shooting.

leading your team DEEP into the playoffs, the modern era pgs go something like this: curry > nash > kidd = paul. kidd played in a REALLY weak conference, so i would just put him in the cp3 tier to keep it fair.

warriorfan
12-25-2015, 01:43 AM
Curry's been dropped a million times. Who cares about one play? Curry > Paul this year and it has nothing to do with that play.

pissed :roll:

24-Inch_Chrome
12-25-2015, 01:48 AM
phoenix got screwed out of a title for sure. suns win that series, sweep the cavs, and nash becomes the first pg since the magic era to lead his team to a championship. that would be more impressive than anything chris paul has accomplished - although nash's 2005 and 2007 playoff runs were great too.

some posters will cite pauls "defense" but its not enough to overthrow nash's GOAT offensive impact & shooting.

leading your team DEEP into the playoffs, the modern era pgs go something like this: curry > nash > kidd = paul. kidd played in a REALLY weak conference, so i would just put him in the cp3 tier to keep it fair.
2007 will always hurt. I'm of the opinion that Nash's offensive impact trumps Paul's defensive advantage. Nash is underrated here imo.

uncleduck13
12-25-2015, 06:22 AM
Nash for sure. I don't care about Paul's PER & defensive advantage. Nash was a gamer when it mattered most and had way more balls IMO. I don't think there's one series or big game throughout his prime that you can really point to and say he was the reason why the Suns lost. He was never the leader of teams that got bounced from the playoffs in epic fashion, nor has he ever made the same critical errors that Paul has down the stretch of big games. And tbh I think he simply just made his teammates better. There's a reason why he's the leader of like 7 of the best offenses ever. He'd maximize Tf out of Blake & DJ's athleticism if he was running the show in LA. The WCF would've been inevitable in 2014 & 2015. Paul plays too conservative and doesn't like to push the tempo much.

uncleduck13
12-25-2015, 06:28 AM
There's something about Nash that just stood out more than CP. It may be the flare he played with or whatever. But I feel like at the end of the day he was just a more special player in general. there's a reason why a lot of young upcoming PGs model their game after him and not CP3 *cough Steph Curry*

TommyGriffin
12-25-2015, 06:30 AM
Nash for sure. I don't care about Paul's PER & defensive advantage. Nash was a gamer when it mattered most and had way more balls IMO. I don't think there's one series or big game throughout his prime that you can really point to and say he was the reason why the Suns lost. He was never the leader of teams that got bounced from the playoffs in epic fashion, nor has he ever made the same critical errors that Paul has down the stretch of big games. And tbh I think he simply just made his teammates better. There's a reason why he's the leader of like 7 of the best offenses ever. He'd maximize Tf out of Blake & DJ's athleticism if he was running the show in LA. The WCF would've been inevitable in 2014 & 2015. Paul plays too conservative and doesn't like to push the tempo much.

It's because Chris Paul figured out years ago you can inflate your PER by playing extremely slow paced basketball. He is a huge stats first type of guy.

uncleduck13
12-25-2015, 06:32 AM
It's because Chris Paul figured out years ago you can inflate your PER by playing extremely slow paced basketball. He is a huge stats first type of guy.

Agreed 100%. Most people fail to realize this. & He doesn't take enough risks or play fast enough to turn the ball over. The jig been up dawg