PDA

View Full Version : Since last season Brad Stevens has been the best coach in the NBA

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-23-2015, 10:20 PM
This guys ball IQ is on another level.

Boston bout to be 16-13 with half those games on the road, against one of the top 10 toughest schedule in the NBA. He makes the best adjustments in the NBA BAR NONE. Boston last season did better against a healthier Cavs team than Atlanta did and ATL is WAY more talented than Boston. That shows the coaching difference between him and Bud who won COY but can only establish a culture/system. And they were up in some of those games and only lost the last 3 by single digits against by far the best team in the Least who steamrolled the Cawks. Just look at their team

IT/Smart
Bradley
Crowder/Turner
Amir/Lee/Jerebko
Sully/Olynyk/Zeller

:biggums: :biggums:
not a single player close to AS level. The only non role player they have is Isaiah Thomas :biggums:

this team should be 8-21 or something:biggums:

Their offense is ENTIRELY his schemes and structures. They were an avg offense last season and this season with a lineup like that??? IT is the only good offensive player on the team.

And now he has these mofos playing the 2nd best defense in the NBA? Granted Bradley/Smart is a nasty defensive backcourt and they have a couple good defensive bigs, but 2ND BEST DEFENSE WITH THAT TALENT:biggums: :biggums:

By SRS theyre a top 5 team in the NBA :biggums:

CelticBaller
12-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Give him Simmons and is over

raprap
12-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Ainge and Stevens combo :applause:

T_L_P
12-23-2015, 10:25 PM
I think they have the 3rd highest point differential in the league behind the Warriors and Spurs. :applause:

JimmyMcAdocious
12-23-2015, 10:53 PM
Best coach in basketball today and potentially GOAT if the Celtics can give him something to work with other than this garbage can team.

LAKingKobe
12-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Not really,
I hear this all the time but he hasn't really done anything amazing to warrant that praise. Got swept badly by cavaliers in playoffs. I get his roster isn't perfect but he could definitely be doing better. He is top five probably though
Better coaches
Popovic
Carlisle
Kerr
Budenholzer
Blatt
Spoelstra? Haha maybe

sammichoffate
12-23-2015, 11:54 PM
He's great, I thought he was a good hire. I checked, Boston has a good chance at Simmons since Brooklyn is gonna stink :lol

TheMarkMadsen
12-24-2015, 12:09 AM
Not really,
I hear this all the time but he hasn't really done anything amazing to warrant that praise. Got swept badly by cavaliers in playoffs. I get his roster isn't perfect but he could definitely be doing better. He is top five probably though
Better coaches
Popovic
Carlisle
Kerr
Budenholzer
Blatt
Spoelstra? Haha maybe

if you think he could be doing better with this roster then what were your expectations? They have lottery level talent. How were they supposed to beat the Cavs?

They look like they are a couple moves away from being really dangerous. If they make the second round this year they will have more than overachieved.

MMM
12-24-2015, 12:10 AM
Not really,
Better coaches
Popovic
Carlisle
Kerr
Budenholzer
Blatt
Spoelstra? Haha maybe

How did they get swept badly???

None of the games were blowouts and the Celtics mainly kept it competitive. As for his talent level I think people undervalued the defensive talent he has to work with but also underestimate how much better Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder improved shooting the ball. The Celtics still have a long way to go and would say especially in remaining consistently offensively.

MMM
12-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Also want to add that they've been missing Smart for almost 2/3s of their games so which makes their defensive numbers even more impressive. Jar Crowder and Amir have been phenomenal to watch create TO'S but even guys like Sully and KO look improved. If they get Smart healthy look for the Celtics to improve on both sides of the court.

LAKingKobe
12-24-2015, 12:24 AM
they have some great players. He has his all star playmaker in Thomas and some very good starters in Sullinger, Bradley. Crowder is pretty solid same with the bench.
He's good at drawing up plays but he can't out coach the other team with a game plan like the other elite coaches. I haven't seen Boston really knock out some really strong teams this season.

LAKingKobe
12-24-2015, 12:25 AM
At no point did they even come close to winning a game.
That's getting swept badly.

MMM
12-24-2015, 12:37 AM
At no point did they even come close to winning a game.
That's getting swept badly.

Every game was still relatively close in the 4th. It wasn't like they got blown out multiple games and intact showed a lot of grit in keeping games tight.

Prime_Shaq
12-24-2015, 12:42 AM
Yes

MMM
12-24-2015, 12:47 AM
Just read the Celtics have the 3rd best road record at 8-6 so there is a lot of parity this season.

Akrazotile
12-24-2015, 12:51 AM
I agree he seems like a very capable coach.

Still, a coaches IQ doesn't get things done on the court. Gotta give credit to Ainge for assembling the team, and to the players for playing well. Team looks pretty good.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-24-2015, 03:25 AM
they have some great players. He has his all star playmaker in Thomas and some very good starters in Sullinger, Bradley. Crowder is pretty solid same with the bench.
He's good at drawing up plays but he can't out coach the other team with a game plan like the other elite coaches. I haven't seen Boston really knock out some really strong teams this season.
LOL @ Boston having some "great players":roll: :roll:
they have ZERO great players. How u defining great exactly:lol :lol

bdreason
12-24-2015, 03:27 AM
Best young coach in the league, no doubt. There are still a few veteran coaches I would take over him for a single season, like Pop and Carlisle.

bdreason
12-24-2015, 03:30 AM
I agree he seems like a very capable coach.

Still, a coaches IQ doesn't get things done on the court. Gotta give credit to Ainge for assembling the team, and to the players for playing well. Team looks pretty good.

The talent on this squad is average at best. Stevens is just maximizing it.

Black and White
12-24-2015, 03:32 AM
The talent on this squad is average at best. Stevens is just maximizing it.

We just need to get our go-to-guy, we have a lot of assets up our sleeve so I trust that Danny will make a move soon, Stevens has been nothing short of amazing, I'm very happy to have him.

bdreason
12-24-2015, 03:44 AM
We just need to get our go-to-guy, we have a lot of assets up our sleeve so I trust that Danny will make a move soon, Stevens has been nothing short of amazing, I'm very happy to have him.

What's nice about maximizing players talent, is you get more value when you trade them. If the Celtics really want to compete for titles, which I know they do, they will need to make some serious moves. I'm not sure there is an All-Star caliber talent on the entire roster. Maybe I.T., but he can't be your primary scorer come playoff time. Maybe Hunter, but way too early to tell.

Black and White
12-24-2015, 03:47 AM
What's nice about maximizing players talent, is you get more value when you trade them. If the Celtics really want to compete for titles, which I know they do, they will need to make some serious moves. I'm not sure there is an All-Star caliber talent on the entire roster. Maybe I.T., but he can't be your primary scorer come playoff time. Maybe Hunter, but way too early to tell.

Yep, most Celtics fans are aware of this, there will be some moves coming, perhaps during the off-season, I think a lot rides on where the Nets pick falls, either way, with a coach like Stevens, its more so about getting the RIGHT players, players that have untapped potential or are currently not being used properly etc.

bigt
12-24-2015, 04:38 AM

Yep, that's why what Stevens has managed to do is so impressive. The only other coaches in the league I'd want besides Stevens is Carlisle or Pop. If we can give him a team that even has a chance to compete, he'll make sure they are.