PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard - Best defensive perimeter player by miles

Giaodollo
12-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Was watching parts of the Spurs - T'wolves game and he destroyed another player, Wiggins that is. And don't know if he was on him all game, but yeah he went 2/11.

So I just had to check his defensive stats for the year and it is pretty sick, he is defending 9.6 fga per game and keeping his opponents to 37.6 %:eek: :eek: 26.8% from three point land also.

We are seeing a special player, and it is cool that he is getting some recognition but can't help to think about how much hype he would have gotten in a big market, goes under the radar like Tim Duncan. Suits his personality though.

Anyway, seems like another perimeter player bit the dust against him, adds to his already long list with players like Durant, Carmelo, George, Hayward among many other.

Some of his defensive stats highlighted...

FG%/Average FG % of the player defended/Differential
Defensive 2 point percentage 41.7 % / 47.1 % / -5.4 %
Defensive 3 point percentage 26.8 % / 35.6 % / -8.8 %

Rounds it out with 2 blocks and a steal per game also.

The Kawhi for MVP!

Alamо
12-24-2015, 12:16 PM
I think he's only behind curry in the MVP race. This guy is racking up awards and achievements like no other

Harison
12-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Kiwi isnt in his prime yet, NBA beware :eek:

Trollsmasher
12-24-2015, 01:36 PM
He still has strides to go to catch LeBron

Defensive 2 point percentage 38.6 % / 48.9 % / -10.3 %
Defensive 3 point percentage 22.8 % / 32.3 % / -9.5 %

overall 32.1 % / 43.9 % / -11.8 % on 7.7 shots defended per game (lower than Kawhi's because people don't dare to ago at LeBron)

Kawhi is pretty good tho

dubeta
12-24-2015, 02:18 PM
LeBron is a better defender than Kawhi, that's pretty much a fact

ralph_i_el
12-24-2015, 03:27 PM
LeBron is a better defender than Kawhi, that's pretty much a fact
Kill yourself

Trollsmasher
12-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Kill yourself
refer to this post

He still has strides to go to catch LeBron

Defensive 2 point percentage 38.6 % / 48.9 % / -10.3 %
Defensive 3 point percentage 22.8 % / 32.3 % / -9.5 %

overall 32.1 % / 43.9 % / -11.8 % on 7.7 shots defended per game (lower than Kawhi's because people don't dare to ago at LeBron)

Kawhi is pretty good tho

Sarcastic
12-24-2015, 04:02 PM
I think he's only behind curry in the MVP race. This guy is racking up awards and achievements like no other

Well Curry is far far far ahead of the pack. Too far for almost anyone to catch.

For Kawhi, his ppg is too low. He's only scoring 21 ppg. The only players to win MVP with such low scoring is PGs. 24ppg is about the low end for 2s, 3s, and 4s. Centers can win with under 24ppg too sometimes.

With that said, he will be top 5 in MVP.

Harison
12-24-2015, 04:06 PM
Well Curry is far far far ahead of the pack. Too far for almost anyone to catch.
It depends how he ends the season. If AMC goes cold for months at the end (it happens to the jump shooters), someone else will win MVP, and Kiwi is near the top.

JtotheIzzo
12-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Wiggins, Towns, Wolves thoroughly schooled by the Spurs.

Great lesson, hope they take something away. This is what they need to aspire to.

Kvnzhangyay
12-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Kawhi is being massively overrated now.

I don't see any case for him being over Curry, Lebron/Durant, in terms of MVP and value to a team

eeeeeebro
12-24-2015, 04:17 PM
short people have no place in NBA because god didnt give us the length to compete well Kawhi Leonard has something NOBODY else in the league has .. he is tall and has Long ass arms with big hands..

normal nba players arm ===========O
Kawhi Leonard's arm =================( )
so yes he is going to be defensive beast cause he can reach around your back with them GIRAFFE ARMS

Kvnzhangyay
12-24-2015, 06:58 PM
Was watching parts of the Spurs - T'wolves game and he destroyed another player, Wiggins that is. And don't know if he was on him all game, but yeah he went 2/11.

So I just had to check his defensive stats for the year and it is pretty sick, he is defending 9.6 fga per game and keeping his opponents to 37.6 %:eek: :eek: 26.8% from three point land also.

We are seeing a special player, and it is cool that he is getting some recognition but can't help to think about how much hype he would have gotten in a big market, goes under the radar like Tim Duncan. Suits his personality though.

Anyway, seems like another perimeter player bit the dust against him, adds to his already long list with players like Durant, Carmelo, George, Hayward among many other.

Some of his defensive stats highlighted...

Defensive 2 point percentage 41.7 % / 47.1 % / -5.4 %
Defensive 3 point percentage 26.8 % / 35.6 % / -8.8 %

Rounds it out with 2 blocks and a steal per game also.

The Kawhi for MVP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNQzX6O0mUw

In these highlights it actually seems like Wiggins blew by Kawaii more than not. It's just the amazing help defense shut wiggins down

StrongLurk
12-24-2015, 07:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNQzX6O0mUw

In these highlights it actually seems like Wiggins blew by Kawaii more than not. It's just the amazing help defense shut wiggins down

I see Duncan shutting down Wiggins at the rim. Kawhi really didnt do anything and only guarded Wiggins on a third of those plays.

Dresta
12-24-2015, 07:21 PM
He's better than Lebron, on both sides of the ball.

inclinerator
12-24-2015, 08:39 PM
yea the tim duncan effect made bruce bowen look godly on d also

BuffaloBill
03-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Back at it again with the DPOY defense!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcqUQmeUcAAyVei.jpg

Spurs5Rings2014
03-03-2016, 09:56 PM
I see Duncan shutting down Wiggins at the rim. Kawhi really didnt do anything and only guarded Wiggins on a third of those plays.

yea the tim duncan effect made bruce bowen look godly on d also

Duncan having no DPOY's is an utter travesty.

:coleman: