PDA

View Full Version : Does the NBA need 5 games on national tv?

Knicksfever2010
12-25-2015, 03:29 AM
The only game worth watching is Cavs/Warriors. The rest are either going to be blowouts or matchups of lottery teams.

stalkerforlife
12-25-2015, 03:29 AM
So don't watch the rest.

Easy fix to a huge problem.

SpaceJam
12-25-2015, 03:30 AM
Yes.

Knicksfever2010
12-25-2015, 03:46 AM
So don't watch the rest.

Easy fix to a huge problem.

It waters down the viewing. Christmas day games used to be special. Now we live in an instant gratification culture where content is king. This is getting out of control and needs to be stopped like yesterday. Call me old school, but less is more. Quality over quantity.

These kids nowadays with their Twitter and Facebook and whip/nae nae is getting to the point of awfulness. I miss the days of staying home and reading a good book. Maybe catch a little of the game on tv and going to bed at a reasonable hour.

SMH at the youth of America. We're in for troubled times :rant

BasedTom
12-25-2015, 03:49 AM
it's beyond fuccing gay that half the time on espn it's sorry ass college sports with southeast kansas state vs upper iowa river A&M; or middle school girls left handed softball; while during that same timeslot there's often a full sleight of compelling NBA games that aren't being shown to a national audience. I get league pass has to make money, but still FFS...

SpaceJam
12-25-2015, 03:50 AM
it's beyond fuccing gay that half the time on espn it's sorry ass college sports with southeast kansas state vs upper iowa river A&M; or middle school girls left handed softball; while during that same timeslot there's often a full sleight of compelling NBA games that aren't being shown to a national audience. I get league pass has to make money, but still FFS...

I remember earlier in the season I turned on ESPN expecting a game, and they were televising CrossFit lmaaao, like bruuuuh

BasedTom
12-25-2015, 03:51 AM
It waters down the viewing. Christmas day games used to be special. Now we live in an instant gratification culture where content is king. This is getting out of control and needs to be stopped like yesterday. Call me old school, but less is more. Quality over quantity.

These kids nowadays with their Twitter and Facebook and whip/nae nae is getting to the point of awfulness. I miss the days of staying home and reading a good book. Maybe catch a little of the game on tv and going to bed at a reasonable hour.

bullshit. You're not getting more quantity. You're just paying more for less.

One bloody day of the calendar where a basketball fan can wake up and see top flight basketball all day, compared to every damn sunday for the NFL

Cold soul
12-25-2015, 03:56 AM
The more prime time NBA games the better.

Gus Hemmingway
12-25-2015, 03:59 AM

Good grief :rolleyes:

There was no Foxsports(enter state) networks pre-mid 90's, infact most NBA nationalized games weren't even broadcasted on paid cable until the playoffs. NBA on NBC, that is what you had ol'timer.

So sorry gramps, i'll take my over saturated NBA league pass in todays times over having to dial in your rusty antique AM radio to catch a game

Knicksfever2010
12-25-2015, 04:03 AM
bullshit. You're not getting more quantity. You're just paying more for less.

One bloody day of the calendar where a basketball fan can wake up and see top flight basketball all day, compared to every damn sunday for the NFL

"top flight basketball all day"?

Pelicans (9-19) vs Heat (16-11)

Bulls (15-11) vs Thunder (20-9)

Cavs (19-7) vs Warriors (27-1)

Spurs (25-5) vs Rockets (15-15)

Clippers (16-13) vs Lakers (5-24)

*10% of the teams are lottery bound
**30% of the teams have .500 records or below

There are 2 or 3 games that are worth watching. Is anyone really watching Pelicans vs Heat? or Clippers vs lakers? UGH

warriorfan
12-25-2015, 04:03 AM
Good grief :rolleyes:

There was no Foxsports(enter state) networks pre-mid 90's, infact most NBA nationalized games weren't even broadcasted on paid cable until the playoffs. NBA on NBC, that is what you had ol'timer.

So sorry gramps, i'll take my over saturated NBA league pass in todays times over having to dial in your rusty antique AM radio to catch a game

your league pass huh? that is why you are always begging for dem chinese pirate streams, right?

:yaohappy:

BasedTom
12-25-2015, 04:09 AM
"top flight basketball all day"?

Pelicans (9-19) vs Heat (16-11)

Bulls (15-11) vs Thunder (20-9)

Cavs (19-7) vs Warriors (27-1)

Spurs (25-5) vs Rockets (15-15)

Clippers (16-13) vs Lakers (5-24)

*10% of the teams are lottery bound
**30% of the teams have .500 records or below

There are 2 or 3 games that are worth watching. Is anyone really watching Pelicans vs Heat? or Clippers vs lakers? UGH
Better than the knicks who have basically served as the Washington Generals for the national audience for years counting :confusedshrug:

Personally I'm more interested in Pels vs Heat than I am cavs warriors. But then again, I actually like the sport beyond the "DAAAAAH LERBRAN MAKE DA SHOT" retarded e!spn first take narratives

Spurs m8
12-25-2015, 04:39 AM
What in the **** is this thread?