PDA

View Full Version : Nikola Jokic.. Most slept on rookie

kurple
12-25-2015, 09:35 AM
All this talk about Towns, Porzingis and their amazing advanced stats.. I wouldn't trade Nikola for either

MP.Trey
12-25-2015, 09:45 AM
Does the coach not like him or something? I had him on fantasy and he'd have a 18/10 then a DNPCD the next game. Or a 12/9/2 blocks game and get 6 minutes the next.

kurple
12-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Coach Malone loves him

I like that's he's not getting 30 a game from the get go. Should have done the same with Mudiay

MP.Trey
12-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Do you think he'll be better than Nurkic? When Nurkic is back, they'll have Jokic, Lauvergne AND Nurkic. Three solid young euro big men, a good problem to have but who do you see being the best player in 3-5 years?

Fiba basketball
12-27-2015, 09:23 AM
I wrote about him here many times even before he was drafted saying he was probably the most talented European big man and so far I was right with everything I said.

His lack of athleticism doesn't bother him at all since he makes it up with his length and skill. IMO his future is at PF and at start of the season I didn't expect him to play C at all and even more when I heard he lost weight since even before that he wasn't strong enough to fight in the post with stronger Cs. He will probably start getting minutes at PF once Nurkic is back because the compliment each other very well on offense and defense.

I also don't get why Malone doesn't play him more. He is already better than Lauvergne (and I'm saying this as a big fan of Lauvergne) and will only continue to develop while Joffrey probably won't.

And even when he plays he doesn't get the ball that much even though he is probably their most efficient player. I get he is a rookie so he can't demand the ball but if Mudiay ,who has been very bad at scoring, can keep shooting then Jokic should get more touches.