PDA

View Full Version : LOL, Gregg Poppovich needs to retire already

keep-itreal
12-25-2015, 11:35 PM
this guy can't coach for shit these days.

You got kawhi leonard and lamarcus aldrige on this team yet only players who get touches are 80 year old tony parker and manu ginibilo

:roll: :roll:

Done_And_Done
12-25-2015, 11:37 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/image.php?u=88703&dateline=1432016104

Spurs5Rings2014
12-25-2015, 11:42 PM
Already brought this up and our resident B-Ball expert ArbitraryWater swiftly called me a retard for pointing out my observations.

:confusedshrug:

Asukal
12-25-2015, 11:48 PM
Their record is 25-6, 2nd best in the league but yeah you're right Pop should retire and let you coach. :rolleyes:

keep-itreal
12-25-2015, 11:51 PM
They lost to every good team so far this season

Yup, I agree as well.:cheers:

Lebronxrings
12-25-2015, 11:52 PM
Already brought this up and our resident B-Ball expert ArbitraryWater swiftly called me a retard for pointing out my observations.

:confusedshrug:
you are a retard.

You really think you know better than the second greatest nba coach in history? someone who led the spurs to 5 titles? okay buddy

keep-itreal
12-25-2015, 11:54 PM
you are a retard.

You really think you know better than the second greatest nba coach in history? someone who led the spurs to 5 titles? okay buddy

tim duncan led the spurs to 5 titles, not greg poopovich

Spurs5Rings2014
12-25-2015, 11:56 PM
tim duncan led the spurs to 5 titles, not greg poopovich

THIS.

People need to STOP giving this dude all the credit. He didn't do SHIT. Especially when it came to the '99, '03, etc titles. I will give him SOME credit. He did SOMETHING when it came to '14 title, but he also ****ed us out of the '13 so that was a make-up title.

:coleman:

DaOldLion
12-25-2015, 11:58 PM
THIS.

People need to STOP giving this dude all the credit. He didn't do SHIT. Especially when it came to the '99, '03, etc titles. I will give him SOME credit. He did SOMETHING when it came to '14 title, but he also ****ed us out of the '13 so that was a make-up title.

are all spurs fans this stupid??

Spurs5Rings2014
12-26-2015, 12:05 AM

Are all non-Spurs this stupid? The plan back in '03, etc was GIVE THE BALL TO DUNCAN. So why should Pop get credit for those chips? He's no where near Jackson, etc as a GOAT tier coach. Just lucky to have gotten the GOAT PF and top 5 of all time for his entire career.

keep-itreal
12-26-2015, 12:06 AM

popovich is getting exposed right now.

the big 3 in their primes are the main reason why the spurs won so many titles and now that they're old, greg popovich has no idea how to coach other than just relying on corpse of manu ginobili and tony parker and tim duncan to finish the game when he should be going to Lamarcus Aldrige or Kawhi Leonard

1987_Lakers
12-26-2015, 12:07 AM
This team's problem isn't Pop, infact he is one of the main reasons why this team is with the elite, the system he has put down is amazing.

If I'm a spurs fan, the thing that would worry me that might prevent this team from winning a title is the ages of the original big 3 in Duncan/Parker/Ginobili. Tim Duncan although still solid, is having the worst season of his career, Parker hasn't looked the same since 2014, he has regressed. Ginobili is solid off the bench, but keep in mind he is 38. I mean, the big 3 is no where near as good as they were in 2007, heck they looked miles better in 2013, that's why the LMA signing was huge, he has to play at the level where the regression of Duncan/Parker doesn't hurt this team, we also have to see how Kawhi will handle being this team's best player now, so far has done a nice job. And can someone tell me wtf is wrong with Danny Green? He is having an awful season so far, I don't see the Spurs winning if he keeps playing at that level.

keep-itreal
12-26-2015, 12:15 AM
This team's problem isn't Pop, infact he is one of the main reasons why this team is with the elite, the system he has put down is amazing.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

this is what LMA used to do against the rockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtsf8S154Cw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpcn-LhkJe0

now with this so called "ELITE SYSTEM"??

last 5 minutes of the game, I don't think he even got the ball once, nor was there a play called for him. It was just tony parker dribbling for 20 seconds every posesssion, manu turnoverbli being the mvp for the rockets.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-26-2015, 12:17 AM

last 5 minutes of the game, I don't think he even got the ball once, nor was there a play called for him. It was just tony parker dribbling for 20 seconds every posesssion, manu turnoverbli being the mvp for the rockets.

Don't supply logic and facts for these Spurs haters. They want nothing more than for Pop to continue to cost us titles due to his coaching ineptitude. They don't actually watch Spurs games, so they are in the dark to all of this, which is understandable, but still ignorant.

1987_Lakers
12-26-2015, 12:24 AM

That "system" is the reason why the Spurs have the 2nd best record in the NBA at the moment, LMA has career lows in scoring, but in return the Spurs have the #3 offense in the NBA. Pop is doing a fine job.

In the end, the downfall of this team might be the regression's of their original big 3.

keep-itreal
12-26-2015, 12:26 AM
That "system" is the reason why the Spurs have the 2nd best record in the NBA at the moment, LMA has career lows in scoring, but in return the Spurs have the #3 offense in the NBA. Pop is doing a fine job.

In the end, the downfall of this team might be the regression's of their original big 3.

you don't even pay attention to the spurs. stop acting like you know jack shit about it

1987_Lakers
12-26-2015, 12:26 AM
Don't supply logic and facts for these Spurs haters. They want nothing more than for Pop to continue to cost us titles due to his coaching ineptitude. They don't actually watch Spurs games, so they are in the dark to all of this, which is understandable, but still ignorant.

You know what logic and facts tell me?

- Pop is one of the greatest coaches in NBA History, 5 championships.

- Spurs have the 2nd best record in the NBA, behind a Warriors team that has lost only 1 game.

- Spurs are top 3 in offense and #1 in defense

Stop overreacting over one game, you guys are horrible.