12-26-2015, 04:52 PM
T-Mac's the better player, Kobe had better teams

StephHamann
12-26-2015, 04:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/n1aFGXr.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/yb3FUOXXpedSU/giphy.gif

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 04:54 PM
T-mac 2's were fire though... :pimp: probably the most aesthetically pleasing shoe of All-Time. Came out Nov 1st 2002 I think.. But it doesn't last long I must say (if you are over 200lbs)..

RRR3
12-26-2015, 04:55 PM
T-Mac's the better player, Kobe had better teams
of course. T-Mac is the GOAT

Showtime2001
12-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Kobe's better easily.

nba_55
12-26-2015, 04:59 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/yb3FUOXXpedSU/giphy.gif
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Edgar Friendly
12-26-2015, 05:00 PM
Kobe vs Ray Allen
Kobe vs Vince Carter
Kobe vs Paul Pierce
Kobe vs TMAC
Kobe vs Wade
Kobe vs LeBron

We'll he finally lost one at the end but embarrassed all the haters up until then

supernova5912
12-26-2015, 05:02 PM
Peak-for-peak, Tracy McGrady is nearly as good if not better. Unfortunately, even if you put aside all the accolades, there's a distinct advantage in playing at an elite level for over a decade, being an legimate defensive stopper when called upon, and taking one's team past the first round of the playoffs, not to mention the advantages in efficiency, playmaking, etc. So the case overwhelmingly supports one side before someone even gets to specific performances, career accolades, and team successes.

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Kobe vs Ray Allen
Kobe vs Vince Carter
Kobe vs Paul Pierce
Kobe vs TMAC
Kobe vs Wade
Kobe vs LeBron

We'll he finally lost one at the end but embarrassed all the haters up until then
Sad part is.. T-mac fanboys hoped on the Wade's, Bron's and Durants.. all of which already have better careers than their fav player. :lol

ShawkFactory
12-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Sad part is.. T-mac fanboys hoped on the Wade's, Bron's and Durants.. all of which already have better careers than their fav player. :lol
Lol wtf who cares

RRR3
12-26-2015, 05:06 PM
T-Mac will always have that 13 points in 33/35 seconds doe.

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 05:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RNoldLM.jpg

"I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn’t even close. Ask him, he’ll tell you. When I was about 20, we were in Germany doing some promotional stuff for that other sneaker company and we played basketball every day. We were in the gym all the time. We played three games of one-on-one to 11. I won all three games. One game I won 11-2. After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn’t play anymore." - Kobe Bryant

Don't do him like that Kob! :lol

ShawkFactory
12-26-2015, 05:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xespAhG.jpg

Don't do him like that Kob! :lol
Tmac also denied it. Said NBA players don't play one on one and that he and Kobe had never even been to Germany together

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 05:32 PM
Tmac also denied it. Said NBA players don't play one on one and that he and Kobe had never even been to Germany together
:kobe: Why wouldn't he deny it? Shit was embarrassing to say the least.. But he knows what's up.

Relinquish
12-26-2015, 05:37 PM
T-Mac easily. GOAT.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Kawhi
12-26-2015, 05:37 PM
I'll go as far as saying McGrady had more talent.

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 05:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Lm8y5cS.jpg

Where's T-mac? :confusedshrug:

Edgar Friendly
12-26-2015, 05:56 PM
I forgot what a crappie rookie season TMAC had. Look at all the players which made the all rookie teams over him.

Derek Anderson
Cedric Henderson
Brevin Knight
Bobby Jackson
Ron Mercer
Maurice Taylor

Relinquish
12-26-2015, 05:56 PM
I forgot what a crappie rookie season TMAC had. Look at all the players which made the all rookie teams over him.

Derek Anderson
Cedric Henderson
Brevin Knight
Bobby Jackson
Ron Mercer
Maurice Taylor

T-Mac barely played his rookie year. Also, he was 18.

SouBeachTalents
12-26-2015, 05:58 PM

Derek Anderson
Cedric Henderson
Brevin Knight
Bobby Jackson
Ron Mercer
Maurice Taylor

McGrady's rookie season: 7/4/2 on 45%
Kobe's rookie season: 8/2/1 on 42%

ShawkFactory
12-26-2015, 06:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Lm8y5cS.jpg

Where's T-mac? :confusedshrug:
Hospital probably

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 06:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oEEonQ2.jpg

One was in the Finals...

SouBeachTalents
12-26-2015, 06:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oEEonQ2.jpg

One was in the Finals...

Give T-Mac peak Shaq I'm sure he'd make the Finals

Edgar Friendly
12-26-2015, 06:09 PM
McGrady's rookie season: 7/4/2 on 45%
Kobe's rookie season: 8/2/1 on 42%

Kobe was on a playoff team playing behind 3 All-Star guards/SF as well as Laker vet Byron Scott. What was McGrady's excuse? Kobe showed flashes of brilliance which is why he made a rookie team and TMac didn't.

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Give T-Mac peak Shaq I'm sure he'd make the Finals
T-Mac left Toronto because he was in the shadow of Vince Carter.. could you imagine the horrors of having to deal with Shaq? T-mac wouldn't make it past his 2nd year after Shaq clobbers him. :lol

Also T-Mac had Yao Ming who was widely considered the best center in the league for a few years. Excuses excuses.. yawn.

Relinquish
12-26-2015, 06:13 PM
T-Mac left Toronto because he was in the shadow of Vince Carter.. could you imagine the horrors of having to deal with Shaq? T-mac wouldn't make it past his 2nd year after Shaq clobbers him. :lol

Also T-Mac had Yao Ming who was widely considered the best center in the league for a few years. Excuses excuses.. yawn.

Did Shaq die or something?

rknine15
12-26-2015, 06:17 PM
T-mac 2's were fire though... :pimp: probably the most aesthetically pleasing shoe of All-Time. Came out Nov 1st 2002 I think.. But it doesn't last long I must say (if you are over 200lbs)..
t-mac 4 were goat

mehyaM24
12-26-2015, 06:17 PM
string bean - if tmac were healthy, obviously there would be a closer debate.

anyway, why ask this question if you already know the answer? you clearly favor kobe, as does 99.99% of the basketball world. :oldlol:

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 06:23 PM
t-mac 4 were goat
How much did those retail when they came out? I remember those being mad expensive at the time..

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 06:25 PM
string bean - if tmac were healthy, obviously there would be a closer debate.

anyway, why ask this question if you already know the answer? you clearly favor kobe, as does 99.99% of the basketball world. :oldlol:
Honestly, this thread is to pay homage to T-Mac.. comparison to Kobe Bryant is an achievement in of itself. :applause:

ShaqTwizzle
12-26-2015, 06:25 PM
T-Mac left Toronto because he was in the shadow of Vince Carter.. could you imagine having to deal with Shaq?

Shaq was pretty easy to play with and he made life much easier on perimeter guys.

Plus Shaq and T-Mac were close friends during their playing days.
Shaq let T-Mac use his house in Orlando regularly.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IduxQyjHLkfNS/giphy.gif

So yeah they really liked eachother.

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 06:38 PM
Shaq was pretty easy to play with and he made life much easier on perimeter guys.

Plus Shaq and T-Mac were close friends during their playing days.
Shaq let T-Mac use his house in Orlando regularly.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IduxQyjHLkfNS/giphy.gif

So yeah they really liked eachother.
Shaq beefed with all of his co-stars.. from Penny to D-Wade to Steve ****ing Nash. Shaq can like a guy from afar, but as teammates dealing with each other on a daily basis.. it's a totally different story.

Look at Shaq and Kobe now.. they're practically friends and he claims his beef with Kobe was a driving factor of them winning. :confusedshrug: + I believe back then Shaq was buddy buddy to a few of those other elite wing players to spite Kobe. It's patently obvious.

Now ring wise.. Lakers had to deal with a tough western conference where (outside of their 01 season) they had a few scares against Kings and especially Portland. .. T-mac would've had to develop much sooner as Kobe was elite by year 2000 (Shaq's peak season). They might get lucky and win one.. but nothing is guaranteed.

PsychoBe
12-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Shaq beefed with all of his co-stars.. from Penny to D-Wade. Shaq can like a guy from afar, but as teammates dealing with each other on a daily basis.. it's a totally different story.

Look at Shaq and Kobe now.. they're practically friends and he claims his beef with Kobe was a driving factor of them winning. :confusedshrug: + I believe back then Shaq was buddy buddy to a few of those other elite wing players to spite Kobe. It's patently obvious.

Now ring wise.. Lakers had to deal with a tough western conference where (outside of their 01 season) they had a few scares against Kings and especially Portland. .. T-mac would've had to develop much sooner as Kobe was elite by year 2000 (Shaq's peak season). They might get lucky and win one.. but nothing is guaranteed.

t-mac also didn't practice as hard as kobe, nor did he ever condition his body properly like kobe did. his frequent injuries weren't just freak accidents, it's because he didn't take good enough care for his body. he would have inevitably broke down deep into the playoffs.

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 06:44 PM
t-mac also didn't practice as hard as kobe, nor did he ever condition his body properly like kobe did. his frequent injuries weren't just freak accidents, it's because he didn't take good enough care for his body. he would have inevitably broke down deep into the playoffs.
Very true. Those playoff series would've taken a huge toll on him.

Smoke117
12-26-2015, 06:46 PM
They are both overrated in their own ways. Tmac as a scorer was really overrated imo...he only had one great season where he was a top tier efficient scorer and that was 2003. I'm sorry but taking 20 shots to average 24 points or 21 shots to average 25 isn't great...Tmac was a high volume scorer...ie he had to take a lot of shots to get his points. His game was aesthetically pleasing so people like him and overrate him...but facts are facts. I have always loved his all around though.

Kobe...we all already know the many facets of basketball he is overrated at and you already know my opinion on him, so no point in wasting your or my time saying it again.

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 06:51 PM
They are both overrated in their own ways. Tmac as a scorer was really overrated imo...he only had one great season where he was a top tier efficient scorer and that was 2003. I'm sorry but taking 20 shots to average 24 points or 21 shots to average 25 isn't great...Tmac was a high volume scorer...ie he had to take a lot of shots to get his points. His game was aesthetically pleasing so people like him and overrate him...but facts are facts. I have always loved his all around though.

Kobe...we all already know the many facets of basketball he is overrated at and you already know my opinion on him, so no point in wasting your or my time saying it again.
This is literally the first time I've seen you post here.. but given your overrated statement, keep that thought to yourself. :lol

ShaqTwizzle
12-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Shaq beefed with all of his co-stars.. from Penny to D-Wade.

Shaq never beefed with Penny nor even Wade during their time together on the Heat.
He was well liked by the majority of guys he played with.

but as teammates dealing with each other on a daily basis.. it's a totally different story.

And yet every perimeter guy around the league wanted to play with Shaq during his Prime.
He made life much easier on perimeter guys and offensively he was extremely efficient and unselfish.

He gave guys like Penny, Kobe and Wade all the freedom they could have wanted.
Kobe from 01-03 for example took more FGA/FTA then 08-10 Kobe in the playoffs.

His issues with Kobe were personalty related.
Kobe was kind of an arrogant introverted prick in his youth who didn't show Shaq the proper respect nor did he show any respect for the natural hierarchy.
I give him more of the blame for their problems.

I believe back then Shaq was buddy buddy to a few of those other elite wing players to spite Kobe. It's patently obvious.

That is some retarded conspiracy level shit.
Shaq was friends with lots of guys around the league perimeter or otherwise long before Kobe entered the league and his friendship with T-Mac started before he and Kobe really started disliking eachother.

Kobe was pretty mediocre in their 00 run and in 02 he dropped 26 / 4.4 on 49%TS against the West.
Won't be hard for any developed version of T-Mac to match that.

4th year (01) T-Mac would easily replace 2000 Kobe.

5th year (02) T-Mac dropped 31 / 6 / 6 on 55%TS in the playoffs.
He probably could have won with that 2001 Laker squad even if he ended up being a downgrade from Kobe (who was great that year).

6th year (03) T-Mac is obviously a huge upgrade over 02 Kobe. They win again.

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 06:56 PM
Shaq never beefed with Penny nor even Wade during their time together on the Heat.
He was well liked by the majority of guys he played with.

And yet every perimeter guy around the league wanted to play with Shaq during his Prime.
He made life much easier on perimeter guys and offensively he was extremely efficient and unselfish.

He gave guys like Penny, Kobe and Wade all the freedom they could have wanted.
Kobe from 01-03 for example took more FGA/FTA then 08-10 Kobe in the playoffs.

His issues with Kobe were personalty related.
Kobe was kind of an arrogant introverted prick in his youth who didn't show Shaq the proper respect nor did he show any respect for the natural hierarchy.
I give him more of the blame for their problems.

That is some retarded conspiracy level shit.
Shaq was friends with lots of guys around the league perimeter or otherwise long before Kobe entered the league and his friendship with T-Mac started before he and Kobe really started disliking eachother.

Kobe was pretty mediocre in their 00 run and in 02 he dropped 26 / 4.4 on 49%TS against the West.
Won't be hard for any developed version of T-Mac to match that.

4th year (01) T-Mac would easily replace 2000 Kobe.

5th year (02) T-Mac dropped 31 / 6 / 6 on 55%TS in the playoffs.
He probably could have won with that 2001 Laker squad even if he ended up being a downgrade from Kobe (who was great that year).

6th year (03) T-Mac is obviously a huge upgrade over 02 Kobe. They win again.
Get off the crack. :roll:

Bosnian Sajo
12-26-2015, 07:08 PM

Pause, why lie like that? T-Mac left Toronto because he was teaming up with Grant Hill and Tim Duncan in Orlando, only Duncan decided to resign with the Spurs after having second thoughts. Still, at the time Grant Hill was a BEAST and this is before any of the injury problems. It would of basically been Miami 2010, only in 2001.

Same thing happened with Baron Davis in LA when Elton Brand said he was resigning and then left.

TheImmortal
12-26-2015, 07:14 PM
Pause, why lie like that? T-Mac left Toronto because he was teaming up with Grant Hill and Tim Duncan in Orlando, only Duncan decided to resign with the Spurs after having second thoughts. Still, at the time Grant Hill was a BEAST and this is before any of the injury problems. It would of basically been Miami 2010, only in 2001.

Same thing happened with Baron Davis in LA when Elton Brand said he was resigning and then left.
Lie? You have absolutely no clue bro..

http://grantland.com/features/the-unfortunate-tale-t-mac/
[QUOTE]But McGrady wanted his own team, wanted to get out of Vince

DMAVS41
12-26-2015, 07:16 PM
Kobe

Smoke117
12-26-2015, 07:19 PM
This is literally the first time I've seen you post here.. but given your overrated statement, keep that thought to yourself. :lol

This is just a horrible retort...you are going to fit in well here.