PDA

View Full Version : Instead of KD, I kinda feel bad for Ibaka

sammichoffate
12-27-2015, 10:49 PM
He's an all-nba defensive bigmen, plays hard all game, hustles, and grabs boards for his team while playing next to black hole Kanter/WB. Idk, I feel like he cud average 18/9 as a 2nd option if circumstances were different because he has a decent midrange/post game but was forced to adapt to 3 pointers.

KiiiiNG
12-27-2015, 10:53 PM
:facepalm

LONGTIME
12-27-2015, 11:07 PM
He's an all-nba defensive bigmen, plays hard all game, hustles, and grabs boards for his team while playing next to black hole Kanter/WB. Idk, I feel like he cud average 18/9 as a 2nd option if circumstances were different because he has a decent midrange/post game but was forced to adapt to 3 pointers.

:oldlol: No he doesn't. He can barley dribble the ball.

imdaman99
12-28-2015, 12:16 AM
Dude has hands of stone. He keeps moving further and further away from the basket. Has no post moves. I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever watched an OKC game before :hammerhead:

bdreason
12-28-2015, 12:57 AM
He's also the "Lamar Odom" for KD and WB homers. When things don't go right, everyone blames Ibaka. :oldlol:

90sgoat
12-28-2015, 04:20 AM
Ibaka is the Splitter of the OKC.

Who, Splitter, who is that? My point exactly.

Ibaka has atrocious low post game, slow liftoff and no ability to impose his will against defenders.

Overrated.

The whole OKC crew just doesn't fit together and if they're serious they begin by getting rid of Westbrook.

dunksby
12-28-2015, 05:08 AM
He's also the "Lamar Odom" for KD and WB homers. When things don't go right, everyone blames Ibaka. :oldlol:
Dray for Ibaka straight up? I didn't think so.

Goofsta Knicca
12-28-2015, 05:14 AM
Dood gets to smash Keri Hilson when he feel like it. Don't feel too bad for him.

buddha
12-28-2015, 05:56 AM

usually when things don't go right it's because Ibaka is bricking shots and he's absolutely useless at that point. all he can do is weakside block. He's not a good rebounder and he's not an elite on ball defender. KD and WB are usually always on point so if the Thunder aren't clicking it's because their role players are bricking their wide open looks.

IGOTGAME
12-28-2015, 06:22 AM
Odom already starting to get overrated

The_Yearning
12-28-2015, 01:51 PM
He should be grabbing at least 10 rebounds per game.

I mean how hard can that be?

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2015, 01:53 PM
this "forced to adapt 3 pointers" is the same bullshit people said about Bosh :oldlol:

Ibaka has 0 post game.. even less than Bosh.

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Odom already starting to get overrated

Wait.. what? Overrated? Odom is a much better player than Ibaka :wtf:

Odom has a handle, can run the court, is quick, can guard SF'S+PF's, was one of the best all-around SF's, can pass with the best forwards and just skilled as hell.

dazzer87
12-28-2015, 02:08 PM
now that Perkins and Scott Brooks are gone....these ft35 homers are looking to another person to blame when ft35 fail to win a ring.....:lol

Prime_Shaq
12-28-2015, 02:25 PM
Ibaka doesn't even work that hard on defense, gets a few highlight blocks here and there and people think he's some great defender. He gets blown by all the time. His offense is completely different, dude has hands made of stone and has literally 0 post moves. The moment he catches the ball he's probably heaving a midrange/3 point shot already. Highly overrated player.

bdreason
12-28-2015, 02:30 PM
usually when things don't go right it's because Ibaka is bricking shots and he's absolutely useless at that point.

Ibaka shoots 50% from the field on mostly jumpers. 38% from 3. Only gets 12 shots per game.

Westbrook shoots 30% from 3, and takes almost 5 per game.

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Ibaka shoots 50% from the field on mostly jumpers. 38% from 3. Only gets 12 shots per game.

only? How many should he take? How do you think his efficiency will be on a team with no KD/RW?

Milbuck
12-28-2015, 02:52 PM

He's shooting those percentages BECAUSE of Westbrook (and Durant). You're acting like he's this stud PF who can get buckets on his own but just isn't being allowed to.. Dude feeds off the star duo, he is getting enough shots. He needs to focus more on defense and rebounding where he is more reputation than ability at this point. He isn't Anthony Davis where he should be getting 18-20 shots a night.

Smoke117
12-28-2015, 02:57 PM
He's shooting those percentages BECAUSE of Westbrook (and Durant). You're acting like he's this stud PF who can get buckets on his own but just isn't being allowed to.. Dude feeds off the star duo, he is getting enough shots. He needs to focus more on defense and rebounding where he is more reputation than ability at this point. He isn't Anthony Davis where he should be getting 18-20 shots a night.

Exactly.

IGOTGAME
12-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Wait.. what? Overrated? Odom is a much better player than Ibaka :wtf:

Odom has a handle, can run the court, is quick, can guard SF'S+PF's, was one of the best all-around SF's, can pass with the best forwards and just skilled as hell.

I don't watch enough of Ibaka to compare. But odom was not a good defender for most of his career. He only became good once Phil moved him to power forward and he got used to it. He always made mental mistakes throughout games, especially boxing out. He also had no right hand and was not a good shooter. All in all, he was inconsistent and at best as a bench player.

The lionizing of Odom is a little much. He was a good piece but at neither elite on offense or defense. He was supremely talented but also never put in the work to get the most out of his talent. One of the biggest underachievers Ive ever watched. Very frustrating as a lakers fan.

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2015, 03:16 PM
I don't watch enough of Ibaka to compare. But odom was not a good defender for most of his career. He only became good once Phil moved him to power forward and he got used to it. He always made mental mistakes throughout games, especially boxing out. He also had no right hand and was not a good shooter. All in all, he was inconsistent and at best as a bench player.

The lionizing of Odom is a little much. He was a good piece but at neither elite on offense or defense. He was supremely talented but also never put in the work to get the most out of his talent. One of the biggest underachievers Ive ever watched. Very frustrating as a lakers fan.

:oldlol:

**** outta here, you can't be taken seriously... why did Odom year-in-year-out was ranked among the top in impact?

Its because he was 6'10 and quick, mini KG. He guarded PNR's pretty well too, and rebounded at a high level.

Plus, unlike Ibaka, or someone like Bosh who has a good 10 pounds on him, Odom would go down low and battle with the biggest of them.

You're backpedaling already, Ibaka isn't even in Odom's league, you're clearly way out of touch with him.

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2015, 03:17 PM
"Odom was at best a bench player" -IGOTGAME

"I would take Kobe over Curry to lead me to a title right now" -IGOTGAME (2014/2015 season)

Smoke117
12-28-2015, 03:20 PM

Lamar Odom was a good defensive player during that one season he played for the Heat...which makes everything you are babbling on about...wrong. In fact, Odom was the best defensive player on the Heat and the Heat were 9th in the league in defense that year.

IGOTGAME
12-28-2015, 03:58 PM
:oldlol:

**** outta here, you can't be taken seriously... why did Odom year-in-year-out was ranked among the top in impact?

Its because he was 6'10 and quick, mini KG. He guarded PNR's pretty well too, and rebounded at a high level.

Plus, unlike Ibaka, or someone like Bosh who has a good 10 pounds on him, Odom would go down low and battle with the biggest of them.

You're backpedaling already, Ibaka isn't even in Odom's league, you're clearly way out of touch with him.

did he not play his best as a bench player? Obviously he could start but he was very inconsistent.
the quote was meant to say "at his best as a bench player." Meaning he played his best off the bench and I think that was the best spot for him.

I'm not saying Odom was bad. I think he was a very talented player, but he isnt a hall of famer and he wasnt some great defender for most of his career. He peaked in LA in a structured system surrounded by great talent that allowed him just to fit and and let the game flow through him. But lets not act like he was some guy who ever learned how to put it all together....he never did, we only saw glimpses

I've watched a lot of Odom and find it funny how people never said any of this stuff during his career. Now that he almost dies it comes out.

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Well, first of, we're having a much different discussion now than the one which started with you saying Odom is getting overrated now that he's compared to Ibaka... I mean :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

come on, how can I take you seriously with stuff that supposedly was or wasn't said at the time of him playing, you obviously looked at him in a much different eye than most.

Plus, he usually played his best with Kobe on the bench and him leading the 2nd unit..

IGOTGAME
12-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Well, first of, we're having a much different discussion now than the one which started with you saying Odom is getting overrated now that he's compared to Ibaka... I mean :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

come on, how can I take you seriously with stuff that supposedly was or wasn't said at the time of him playing, you obviously looked at him in a much different eye than most.

Plus, he usually played his best with Kobe on the bench and him leading the 2nd unit..

Honestly, I was just looking for a time to plug in my I think Odom is overrated comment. I dont watch Ibaka enough to judge him, esp compared to Odom, who I've watched hundreds of games.