PDA

View Full Version : Why is Westbrook so afraid of D Rose?

nathanjizzle
12-28-2015, 12:22 AM
Why is he so intimidated to play against D Rose? In the last 2 games, he was completely underwhelming and almost a non factor. In his current state, he should be able to man handle d rose, but its like he possesses a deep fear or perhaps a great respect for him and cant bring himself to play well against Rose. If it wasnt for durant, hed be completely shut out by d rose in the 8 games theyve played. What do you guys think?
http://i68.tinypic.com/2zem0lg.png

DMAVS41
12-28-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm more interested in whether you think individual game plus/minus is still such a great indicator of play...

nathanjizzle
12-28-2015, 12:29 AM
I'm more interested in whether you think individual game plus/minus is still such a great indicator of play...

I know you watched the game last night and said to yourself "damn d rose is pretty good"

LoneyROY7
12-28-2015, 12:31 AM
Rose is interested in IMPACT, while Westbrook is only concerned with filling out stat sheets.

DMAVS41
12-28-2015, 12:32 AM
I know you watched the game last night and said to yourself "damn d rose is pretty good"

I watched the game last night and thought to myself:

"damn...if Rose could play like this somewhat consistently...he'd be a good player and the Bulls would be elite"

He just can't do it consistently...or at least he hasn't.

However, could you answer the question...is individual game plus/minus still the best measure of impact for a game?

Giaodollo
12-28-2015, 12:34 AM
Westbrooks stats are better than Rose's. And as time goes on he will probably also have more wins then Rose.

nathanjizzle
12-28-2015, 12:38 AM
I watched the game last night and thought to myself:

"damn...if Rose could play like this somewhat consistently...he'd be a good player and the Bulls would be elite"

He just can't do it consistently...or at least he hasn't.

However, could you answer the question...is individual game plus/minus still the best measure of impact for a game?

no its not. those stats have huge variances since 9 other players are a factor in those numbers. and rose playing that way isnt just "good". and if he played like that to take bulls from mediocre to elite, that says alot about him.

DMAVS41
12-28-2015, 12:53 AM
no its not. those stats have huge variances since 9 other players are a factor in those numbers. and rose playing that way isnt just "good". and if he played like that to take bulls from mediocre to elite, that says alot about him.

So why do you always list plus/minus in games in which Rose does well, but not when he doesn't?

Well, he played great until the last couple minutes...in which he was horrible. He also got lit by Barea in the first half as well.

Got to finish games.