PDA

View Full Version : Bass, Randle, Russel, Hibbert, Kobe, Young, Clarkson

pastis
12-28-2015, 04:34 AM
5-26? seriously? this team has def. the potential to be up there with jazz, kings, denver and portland. kings have a pretty solid roster, but...the rest?

im talking about the lakers in general, its not a kobe bashing thread at all.

and another serious question: its obvious that kobes market value is much higher than his 25mio....but did the lakers miss a chance signing 1-2 very good guys 2 years back if kobe would have signed just a 8-9mio p.a. contract? serious question

outbreak
12-28-2015, 04:41 AM
Lol no. This roster is horrible.

Jameerthefear
12-28-2015, 04:48 AM
5-26? seriously? this team has def. the potential to be up there with jazz, kings, denver and portland. kings have a pretty solid roster, but...the rest?

im talking about the lakers in general, its not a kobe bashing thread at all.

and another serious question: its obvious that kobes market value is much higher than his 25mio....but did the lakers miss a chance signing 1-2 very good guys 2 years back if kobe would have signed just a 8-9mio p.a. contract? serious question
y would u say that when all those teams have multiple players better than the laker's best?

coin24
12-28-2015, 04:51 AM
Lol the roster is horrible what are you on about:lol

If not for Kobe they wouldn't have even won a game

FreezingTsmoove
12-28-2015, 04:53 AM
Clarkson absolutely sucks at being a floor general and it is really easy to see why he is a second round pick

He is literally the worst point guard in the league.

I honestly believe this is a below average team without Clarkson

Naero
12-28-2015, 05:04 AM
It doesn't matter how much "potential" this young team has; that will not make an impact until it realizes. They need time to ripen and have one of the worst coaches in the league to solidify a direction for them to realize that potential, and thus it isn't bound to reflect in the win-loss standings resoundingly.

90sgoat
12-28-2015, 05:18 AM
Clarkson absolutely sucks at being a floor general and it is really easy to see why he is a second round pick

He is literally the worst point guard in the league.

I honestly believe this is a below average team without Clarkson

Clarkson is not a point guard, small shooting guard. Would be a good player to have as a 6th man and that's his ceiling imo. Works hard though, props for that.

FreezingTsmoove
12-28-2015, 06:27 AM
Clarkson is not a point guard, small shooting guard. Would be a good player to have as a 6th man and that's his ceiling imo. Works hard though, props for that.

He cant create for his teammates AT ALL. Hes one of the most selfish players I have ever ****ing seen. I would not even want him as my backup SG. He doesnt give a shit about playing defense either. The only time he plays inspired basketball is when he has the ball in his hands and hes a pretty shit scorer too

I really dont mind any of the LA players but I ****ing hate Clarkson with a passion. Selfish asshole with absolutely Zero vision ��

el gringos
12-28-2015, 07:00 AM
He cant create for his teammates AT ALL. Hes one of the most selfish players I have ever ****ing seen. I would not even want him as my backup SG. He doesnt give a shit about playing defense either. The only time he plays inspired basketball is when he has the ball in his hands and hes a pretty shit scorer too

I really dont mind any of the LA players but I ****ing hate Clarkson with a passion. Selfish asshole with absolutely Zero vision ��kobe fan? If so that's a hilarious post

AintNoSunshine
12-28-2015, 07:23 AM

I really dont mind any of the LA players but I ****ing hate Clarkson with a passion. Selfish asshole with absolutely Zero vision ��

I knew you were talking about Clarkson but then I though you were describing there. Got me confused as fk LMFAO

MMM
12-28-2015, 08:24 AM
Winning 5-7 more games wouldn't be good for the Lakers and management ensured the team would be bad.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-28-2015, 09:11 AM

I really dont mind any of the LA players but I ****ing hate Kobe with a passion. Selfish asshole with absolutely Zero vision ��

:eek:

HylianNightmare
12-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Gotta keep that first rounder

JellyBean
12-28-2015, 10:32 AM

im talking about the Lakers in general, its not a kobe bashing thread at all.

1). The Lakers roster, although on paper looks darn good, has been really terrible. I mean how in the world can Hibbert only get 4-7 rebounds and 7-10 points a game? :confusedshrug:

The last 5 games he is only averaging 5 points a game and 3 rebounds and he is 7'2"

2). On missing the chance to sign players a few years back. Great question. You know the answer to that question, which is probably. But we can only go after players that want to be with the Lakers.

MMM
12-28-2015, 11:02 AM
I knew you were talking about Clarkson but then I though you were describing there. Got me confused as fk LMFAO

what got me confused is you forget to mention who you thought he was describing

:kobe:

Mawly-G
12-28-2015, 11:08 AM
OP also left out Lou Will

Jameerthefear
12-28-2015, 11:27 AM
1). The Lakers roster, although on paper looks darn good, has been really terrible. I mean how in the world can Hibbert only get 4-7 rebounds and 7-10 points a game? :confusedshrug:

The last 5 games he is only averaging 5 points a game and 3 rebounds and he is 7'2"

2). On missing the chance to sign players a few years back. Great question. You know the answer to that question, which is probably. But we can only go after players that want to be with the Lakers.
what in the ****? what on the roster looks "darn good" to you?

34-24 Footwork
12-28-2015, 11:47 AM
OP is quite possibly a retard.

Once I found out that they picked up Huertas but released Upshaw to the D League, I knew the tank was REAL :banana:

No paint defense: Hibbert is 7'2 and got scored on in one on one situations at least 12 times last night close to the basket. Looked like Marc Gasol was practicing on mofo.

Lou, Kobe, Young: No defense played for the majority of the game

Randle/Bass/Nance: Hardest workers and hustlers but the most limited offensively.

Russell: Slow AF

Huertas: Windows 98 version of Steve Nash

Genaro
12-28-2015, 11:52 AM
- Byron Scott sucks. He's a moron. I can't put into words how much I dislike the man. His rotations are horrible and his offensive sets are ridiculous.
- Having 4 rookies/2nd year players in your 9 man rotation isn't the recipe for success. Young guys take time, we all know.
- Except for Roy, Nance and Metta (who doesn't even play) they're all bad defenders. Like really suck. Though DLO is improving, Randle and Nick show effort. Kobe is old, so he'll not be a stopper anyway, but Lou and Clarkson have no excuses. Team defense and defensive rotations also are terrible. For several games offensive rebounds were a problem.

- I don't think they're tanking (they assembled a team that didn't work out), but I don't think they will make changes to improve the team during the season. Management is happy in losing games and keeping the pick.

imnew09
12-28-2015, 01:21 PM
must land a Top 3 mah nigguh

ImKobe
12-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Hibbert has been trash
Lou Will has been disappointing
Kobe isn't going to consistently score 20+ a night on decent efficiency, at best you can expect 17-19 points on about 15 shots which means the rest of the team has to produce, but so far Randle has been struggling to score, Clarkson looks nothing like he did last year (when he played more all-around basketball instead of just chucking it) and the team overall has no chemistry. You look at the Memphis game and it was a game they could easily have been competitive in but there's no communication and they run the same 2-3 plays or Kobe/Randle/Clarkson try to just drive/pull up for a shot... Hibbert can't catch a single pass inside without fumbling it out of bounds...

fiddy
12-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Gotta keep that first rounder
Amen

Smoke117
12-28-2015, 02:24 PM
The main problem is that Kobe, Russell, Randle, Young, Williams, and Clarkson are all some of the most horrible defensive players IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. The team is inept offensively for sure...but if you can actually play defense you can be somewhat competitive game to game.

Doranku
12-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Outside of how absolutely horrible the team is, it doesn't help that they've played 20 road games compared to only 11 home games.

senelcoolidge
12-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Bass, Hibbert, and Young are role players. Randle, Clarkson, and Russel are future role players. Kobe is retiring. Horrid roster.

ralph_i_el
12-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Thought I already commented on this, but none of those players are above average NBA starters right now.. Not one of them.

If Randle gets a J he could be good. D'angelo needs time to adjust, but he's got true point guard vision.

Nick Young is awful and will never be good.

All of those guys you listed outside of Hibbert are poor defenders. Young is decent in straight up 1-on-1 D

Bay Area Baller
12-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Don't know about all those other problems, but from watching Lou with the Raptors he is a very lazy player. I seriously think he chose the Lakers so he could be lazy, could hang out in L.A. some, shoot the breeze, and generally hang out in the corner during game time and maybe launch up some 3s.