PDA

View Full Version : The G.O.A.T.'s message to Kobe before his final game in Charlotte

Asukal
12-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Discuss (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHKPgsPzd7g)

Mr. Jabbar
12-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Eye test recognizes eye test :rockon:

dubeta
12-28-2015, 09:30 PM
Betas goin respect betas

HylianNightmare
12-28-2015, 09:36 PM
Nice

GIF REACTION
12-28-2015, 09:37 PM
Holy shit that was a brutal lowkey diss

Asukal
12-28-2015, 09:38 PM
No respect for flopping betas. :rolleyes:

DMAVS41
12-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Really cool. Liked how it wasn't scripted.

Also liked the "And now...." by the announcer as a nod to Ray Clay...the old Bulls P.A. announcer

ArbitraryWater
12-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Really cool. Liked how it wasn't scripted.

Also liked the "And now...." by the announcer as a nod to Ray Clay...the old Bulls P.A. announcer

yup.. and Kobe's smile when the camera panned to him, but I don't think there was a nod to any announcer? Maybe im wrong.

JohnFreeman
12-28-2015, 09:46 PM
MJ got jaundice or something?

Asukal
12-28-2015, 09:48 PM
MJ got jaundice or something?

Why? Are you concerned? :roll:

DMAVS41
12-28-2015, 10:00 PM
yup.. and Kobe's smile when the camera panned to him, but I don't think there was a nod to any announcer? Maybe im wrong.

I thought I heard the P.A. announcer say "and now"...right before he introduced Kobe.

Which was the famous line by Ray Clay...

k0kakw0rld
12-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Discuss (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHKPgsPzd7g)
Misleading title, reported. I didn't see no Kareem :confusedshrug:

Asukal
12-28-2015, 10:13 PM
Misleading title, reported. I didn't see no Kareem :confusedshrug:

Dat 2 FMVP guy who got carried by Magic? What about him? :confusedshrug:

SpaceJam
12-28-2015, 10:49 PM
What you think they have each others number saved under in their phone though :oldlol:

Dope video btw

ROCSteady
12-28-2015, 11:40 PM
Damn, the authenticity.

Jordan would NEVER leave a heartfelt message like that to LeBron.

Real shit capped off by Dynasty Intro, one of the realest hip hop productions of all time.

#REALNESS

scandisk_
12-29-2015, 12:03 AM
You have to figure it out.....

yep that's the hardest part, a guy like bean ain't gonna retire in a beach house and chill for the rest of his life. A guy with that competitive nature, I just don't see that happening.

CJ Mustard
12-29-2015, 12:10 AM
The knowledge wasn't quite there. :roll:

branslowski
12-29-2015, 01:25 AM

He said the knowledge wasn't quite there YET, speaking on a 18yr old Kobe....

Been gone from this forum the whole season, see the IQ of this place hasn't risin yet.:facepalm

inclinerator
12-29-2015, 01:29 AM
that ***** happy as fk kobe didnt win his 6

CJ Mustard
12-29-2015, 01:30 AM

Been gone from this forum the whole season, see the IQ of this place hasn't risin yet.:facepalm
https://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/camron-you-mad.jpg

SwayDizzle
12-29-2015, 01:39 AM
real sh*t right there

branslowski
12-29-2015, 01:41 AM
https://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/camron-you-mad.jpg

I'm mad cause you retarded and wrong? Makes sense:coleman:

Cold soul
12-29-2015, 01:45 AM

Yeah this place is still a shithole trolls run this board making stupid thread after thread.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-29-2015, 02:00 AM
Wow thats actually REALLY high praise coming from somebody like Jordan.

Kobe probably really enjoyed this, knowing MJ doesn't do that for many if ANY other player.

branslowski
12-29-2015, 02:02 AM
Yeah this place is still a shithole trolls run this board making stupid thread after thread.

Thing is, trolling is cool when it's done right, Pleezebelive use to be a great troll, so was Bruce Blitz an epic Kobe hater, but these posters now just flat out sucks. I mean they make absolutely no sense at all and are not even funny. Here's The Goat recognizing one of the greatest to ever do it and then u have a dumbass who tries to even troll that only to make himself look like an illiterate imbred whos mom n dad is more than likely half sister and brother. Smh

AlphaWolf24
12-29-2015, 02:04 AM
1rst GOAT and 2nd GOAT......:applause: :applause: :applause:

3ball
12-29-2015, 02:25 AM
Holy shit that was a brutal lowkey diss

It was brutal, but not lowkey - MJ dissed him to his face - how could that possibly be interpreted as MJ giving him props?

MJ was flexing his muscle as the only former player to be majority owner in ANY sport - he has the power to do this and call him little bro, while Kobe sits helplessly with 5 rings and can only cringe inside.

It's beautiful.

Look at Kobe's sarcastic expression - it's like, "this ***** is trolling the **** out of me... HE WON, I LOST:

https://media.giphy.com/media/bdumklsmiiHFm/giphy.gif

Draz
12-29-2015, 02:36 AM
Thing is, trolling is cool when it's done right, Pleezebelive use to be a great troll, so was Bruce Blitz an epic Kobe hater, but these posters now just flat out sucks. I mean they make absolutely no sense at all and are not even funny. Here's The Goat recognizing one of the greatest to ever do it and then u have a dumbass who tries to even troll that only to make himself look like an illiterate imbred whos mom n dad is more than likely half sister and brother. Smh
PB was shit

CJ Mustard
12-29-2015, 02:36 AM
:oldlol: You bitch ass Kobe fans are so sensitive.

SwayDizzle
12-29-2015, 02:40 AM
It was brutal, but not lowkey - MJ dissed him to his face - how could that possibly be interpreted as MJ giving him props?

MJ was flexing his muscle as the only former player to be majority owner in ANY sport - he has the power to do this and call him little bro, while Kobe sits helplessly with 5 rings and can only cringe inside.

It's beautiful.

Look at Kobe's sarcastic expression - it's like, "this ***** is trolling the **** out of me... HE WON, I LOST:

How is he not his little bro? MJ mentored Kobe thruout his career. kobe modeled his game from the best to ever do it. And when it comes to career accomplishment, dominance on the court and just overall skillset and finesse, came as close as it gets to MJ. This is the number 1 SG of all time gicing mad props and respect to the number 2 SG of all time. Im pretty sure u have a pretty good idea of what MJ is like. He doesnt do this for jus anybody.

Doranku
12-29-2015, 02:41 AM

It's beautiful.

:roll:

warriorfan
12-29-2015, 02:48 AM
There is a 15 years age difference between Jordan and Kobe.

If they were in the same age group and he used the big brother little brother reference it would be a dis.

If Jordan used a Father and Son analogy it would of been a dis.

Jordan being 15 years Kobe's senior makes the big brother little brother comparison appropriate.

IMObjective
12-29-2015, 03:06 AM

It's beautiful.

https://media.giphy.com/media/bdumklsmiiHFm/giphy.gif:biggums:

3ball
12-29-2015, 03:10 AM
This is the number 1 SG of all time gicing mad props and respect to the number 2 SG of all time.

You go ahead and think what you want - I know what Jordan did was viewed as "classy" and it's nice that he did it for the promotion of the game to casual, mainstream fans.

But the entire spectre of Jordan doing that was a reminder of his superiority - and Kobe knows it - that's the look Kobe had on his face.

Im pretty sure u have a pretty good idea of what MJ is like.

Yeah, I do... He would do that to show his #1 competition that he won..

What I said in previous post is spot on, and it fits with MJ's personality exactly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enna-TEgE4o&t=0m39s

Seriously, you don't think MJ would troll Kobe?... C'mon, welcome to the real world.

3ball
12-29-2015, 03:27 AM
When guys have power in life, they USE it.

Asukal
12-29-2015, 03:48 AM
You go ahead and think what you want - I know what Jordan did was viewed as "classy" and it's nice that he did it for the promotion of the game to casual, mainstream fans.

But the entire spectre of Jordan doing that was a reminder of his superiority - and Kobe knows it - that's the look Kobe had on his face.

What I said in previous post is spot on, and it fits with MJ's personality exactly:

Seriously, you don't think MJ would troll Kobe?... C'mon, welcome to the real world.

MJ already called Kobe his little brother many times even prior to him finally winning titles as the man. He also said he'd take Kobe over Lebron. He also said Kobe is the only one he'd probably lose to 1on1. Sure you can always say he meant the other way around but I don't think so.

IMObjective
12-29-2015, 03:57 AM

Seriously, you don't think MJ would troll Kobe?... C'mon, welcome to the real world.For once, it seemed like MJ was being a decent guy and decided to give props to his favorite player after his era, and someone who he thinks of as a younger brother, on a great career (one that does fall short of the goat's, but this is common knowledge) during his retirement tour, and you don't want to even give him that.

You might be good at on court analysis, but everyone knows you have a few screws lose and I think that disqualifies you from being able to do accurate psychoanalyses. Who knows, no one can truly know what Jordan is really thinking and maybe he really is that deranged , but I'm not taking your word for it, no matter how well you might know his on court game.

SwayDizzle
12-29-2015, 04:06 AM

Of course there is some needling going on, thats a given when u have two of the fiercest competitors ever, the types that would sacrifice their families for the game. But this message is in good faith. And i genuinely believe mj respects kobe like no other baller.

3ball
12-29-2015, 04:26 AM
For once, it seemed like MJ was being a decent guy and decided to give props to his favorite player after his era, and someone who he thinks of as a younger brother, on a great career (one that does fall short of the goat's, but this is common knowledge) during his retirement tour, and you don't want to even give him that.

You might be good at on court analysis, but everyone knows you have a few screws lose and I think that disqualifies you from being able to do accurate psychoanalyses. Who knows, no one can truly know what Jordan is really thinking and maybe he really is that deranged , but I'm not taking your word for it, no matter how well you might know his on court game.
I don't have any screws loose.. I just don't watch today's game because it's boring and I prefer to trash it instead, since that's what it deserves.. My analysis is more credible than you lap dogs that never played against any of these guys like I did, and all believe the same thing - you guys are wrong all the time, whereas I'm rarely wrong about anything basketball-related - that's the simple truth.

But back to Kobe/MJ... How do you think Kobe felt about it?.. Kobe has spent thousands of hours in the gym, and millions of practice shots - blood, sweat and tears in pursuit of MJ.

Now at the end of his career, MJ looks down on him and says "decent job little bro.. Good luck after basketball.. Who knows what you're gonna do now, but I'm sure you'll find something (I sure did)."

Sorry dude, but Kobe is NOT trying to hear that - he's not trying to have someone talk down to him at the end of a hard fought career.. Kobe's a grown man - he's the old guy retiring.. he busted his ass and thinks he can BEAT Jordan - he ain't NOBODY'S little bro.. He's a 20-year vet.

Truthfully, forget Jordan - you guys have no clue about Kobe - you're out of touch with where HIS head's at.. He wasn't trying to hear all that - and don't think MJ didn't know it and revel in it somewhat.. And you act like it's standard for one HOF to say goodbye in a talking-down type, fatherly fashion to a 20-year vet.. I've never seen that before.

Asukal
12-29-2015, 04:34 AM
I don't have any screws loose.. I just don't watch today's game because it's boring and I prefer to trash it instead, since that's what it deserves.. My analysis is more credible than you lap dogs that never played against any of these guys like I did, and all believe the same thing - you guys are wrong all the time, whereas I'm rarely wrong about anything basketball-related - that's the simple truth.

But back to Kobe/MJ... How do you think Kobe felt about it?.. Kobe has spent thousands of hours in the gym, and millions of practice shots - blood, sweat and tears in pursuit of MJ.

Now at the end of his career, MJ looks down on him and says "decent job little bro.. Good luck after basketball.. Who knows what you're gonna do, but I'm sure you'll find something (I sure did)."

Sorry dude, but Kobe is NOT trying to hear that - he's not trying to have someone talk down to him at the end of a hard fought career.. Kobe's a grown man - he's the old guy retiring.. he busted his ass and thinks he can BEAT Jordan - again, he ain't NOBODY'S little bro.. He's a 20-year vet.

Truthfully, forget Jordan - you guys have no clue about Kobe - you're out of touch where HIS head's at.. He wasn't trying to hear all that... Don't think MJ didn't know it and revel in it somewhat.. And you act like it's standard for one HOF to say goodbye in a talking-down type, fatherly fashion to a 20-year vet.. I've never seen that before.

Spoken like a true retard. Can't believe you spew so much bs and still believe you are a sane person. :whatever:

Smoke117
12-29-2015, 04:35 AM

Now at the end of his career, MJ looks down on him and says "decent job little bro.. Good luck after basketball.. Who knows what you're gonna do now, but I'm sure you'll find something (I sure did)."

Sorry dude, but Kobe is NOT trying to hear that - he's not trying to have someone talk down to him at the end of a hard fought career.. Kobe's a grown man - he's the old guy retiring.. he busted his ass and thinks he can BEAT Jordan - he ain't NOBODY'S little bro.. He's a 20-year vet.

Truthfully, forget Jordan - you guys have no clue about Kobe - you're out of touch with where HIS head's at.. He wasn't trying to hear all that - and don't think MJ didn't know it and revel in it somewhat.. And you act like it's standard for one HOF to say goodbye in a talking-down type, fatherly fashion to a 20-year vet.. I've never seen that before.

Jesus christ...the issues...you think you don't have a screw lose when the only reason you are even posting here is to talk trash about the sport? You sound like you desperately need a hobby...maybe pick up fishing?

Shouldn't this be cause enough to finally permaban him? He literally just dropped all pretenses and admitted he's here just to talk shit on basketball...

3ball
12-29-2015, 04:36 AM
Spoken like a true retard. Can't believe you spew so much bs and still believe you are a sane person. :whatever:

^^^^That's going to be the standard reaction to what I wrote in that paragraph.. But what about the rest (below)?

SpaceJam
12-29-2015, 04:37 AM
^^^^That's going to be the standard reaction to what I wrote in that paragraph.. But what about the rest (below)?

Honestly, needs more gifs bro

kennethgriffin
12-29-2015, 04:38 AM
lebron will be lucky to get a video message like this from his own owner let alone the owner of the hornets when his time comes

Asukal
12-29-2015, 04:39 AM

Yeah I'm sure you know all about their personal relationship with each other. You are after all 100% sure right? A guy like you can't be wrong because you are always right. Always. :rolleyes:

3ball
12-29-2015, 04:43 AM
lebron will be lucky to get a video message like this from his own owner let alone the owner of the hornets when his time comes
Very true.

But Kenneth - you're a Kobe guy - how do you think Kobe (a 20-year vet), felt about MJ talking down to him at the end of his 20-year career?

Doesn't Kobe think he can beat MJ?... Didn't he say that recently and various other times?... Didn't Kobe bust his ass for his entire life trying to be better than MJ??

How do you think Kobe felt about MJ flexing his muscles and talking down to him tonight?.. I thought I saw Kobe emit a sarcastic look/smile for few seconds before he put his corporate face back on.

Nick Young
12-29-2015, 04:45 AM
The G.O.A.T.'s message to Kobe before his final game in Charlotte
Why did Kobe send a message to himself?:confusedshrug:

FKAri
12-29-2015, 05:37 AM
Eye test recognizes eye test :rockon:
psychopath recognize psychopath :pimp:

Akrazotile
12-29-2015, 05:51 AM

Never did quite get there :oldlol:

keep-itreal
12-29-2015, 06:13 AM
Betas goin respect betas

scandisk_
12-29-2015, 06:56 AM
3ball a.k.a the Bron lover gatecrashing kobe's charlotte party.

Kobe would prefer those little digs from MJ, rather than a fake ass praise.

coin24
12-29-2015, 07:16 AM
Great message from the GOAT to the second best to ever lace them up:rockon: :bowdown:

Must burn you cashew di.ck haters to know everyone loves and respects Kobe:oldlol:

Rest in piss 3ball, dubeta/Jameer/Jt etc etc

branslowski
12-29-2015, 10:54 AM
:oldlol: You bitch ass Kobe fans are so sensitive.

Like crying when someone doesn't overrate a player from the 60's-70's(that I never seen play live) then write essays on why he was so great spanning over 3 pages and then spamming that through 10 pages in a thread?

If I'm sensitive, then you must have a vag.

AlphaWolf24
12-29-2015, 01:06 PM
the 6 rings vs 5 rings.....I can understand....great players like MJ and Kobe don't care about FG% or advanced Math.....they play their way and their way to win.

also....Much like Bill Russell's 11 Rings....MJ having a 1 rings advantage also comes with context.

MJ played the majority of his career in a much different league then Kobe did....the talent pool in late 80's/ early 90's is nowhere near what it is in the modern era/today...

Kobe vs MJ a debate that defined a generation...similar players ....similar results...I can understand both sides of who was the better player....

GOAT A....GOAT B.......can't go wrong with both.:cheers:

riseagainst
12-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Why did Kobe send a message to himself?:confusedshrug:

:lol

ClipperRevival
12-29-2015, 07:24 PM
I liked it because it was genuine. It's always refreshing to see stuff like this because 99% of this type of stuff is just prepared statements.

3ball
12-29-2015, 07:49 PM
I liked it because it was genuine. It's always refreshing to see stuff like this because 99% of this type of stuff is just prepared statements.

I've rarely seen athletes use prepared statements.. But more importantly, I don't think Kobe appreciated it as much as you guys apparently did..

You guys act like MJ and Kobe are great friends and stay in contact all the time - not true - they're ex-colleagues that probably don't even talk once a year.. Or maybe once a year on average.. Literally.

I'm trying to think of what MJ said that was so nice and a great compliment - it sounded like innocuous platitudes to me.. "I'm sure you have fans around the world... Thanks for promoting the game... I love to watch you play."

I don't think Kobe gives a flying **** about that - the entire spectre was a demonstration of MJ's superiority and Kobe knew it - I'm not saying that's why MJ did it - he did it because he owns the team and it's good for the fans.. But don't think for a nanosecond that he doesn't know it shows his superiority and don't think he doesn't revel in it a little bit... That's just who he is... And Kobe knows all this.

ClipperRevival
12-29-2015, 08:01 PM
I've rarely seen athletes use prepared statements.. But more importantly, I don't think Kobe appreciated it as much as you guys apparently did..

You guys act like MJ and Kobe are great friends and stay in contact all the time - not true - they're ex-colleagues that probably don't even talk once a year.. Or maybe once a year on average.. Literally.

I'm trying to think of what MJ said that was so nice and a great compliment - it sounded like innocuous platitudes to me.. "I'm sure you have fans around the world... Thanks for promoting the game... I love to watch you play."

I don't think Kobe gives a flying **** about that - the entire spectre was a demonstration of MJ's superiority and Kobe knew it - I'm not saying that's why MJ did it - he did it because he owns the team and it's good for the fans.. But don't think for a nanosecond that he doesn't know it shows his superiority and don't think he doesn't revel in it a little bit... That's just who he is... And Kobe knows all this.

Kobe idolized MJ and tried to talk, conduct himself and play just like MJ when he first came up. It was cringeworthy at times. And I know they aren't friends but no matter how great you become, we were all once kids who had people we idolized. It meant something to Kobe. Maybe not a lot but something. The best compliment he gave was about seeing that determination in him even as a kid. But of course MJ being MJ, he always has that sense of superiority over anyone else and is careful to not give too much credit to anyone. This statement was no exception.

Hey Yo
12-29-2015, 09:02 PM
How is he not his little bro? MJ mentored Kobe thruout his career.

:biggums:

kobe modeled his game from the best to ever do it. And when it comes to career accomplishment, dominance on the court and just overall skillset and finesse, came as close as it gets to MJ.
It wasn't Kobe's team until his 9th season in the league and didn't win a title as lead dog until like his 13th year. That was while missing the playoffs and bounced twice in the first round in a 3yr span as lead dog.

MJ 's resume' isn't no where near that.

Straight_Ballin
12-29-2015, 09:58 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol

SHUT IT DOWN!

Goofsta Knicca
12-29-2015, 10:24 PM

MJ doing his best to pretend to genuinely like Kobe and to keep from going off on a tangent about "**** Jerry Krause."

ClipperRevival
12-29-2015, 11:13 PM
MJ doing his best to pretend to genuinely like Kobe and to keep from going off on a tangent about "**** Jerry Krause."

That's MJ. He's willing to give you some credit but also hints at the reality that he is above everyone else. Kobe should feel fortunate he didn't have to face MJ on a nightly basis at his best. The amount of motivation that would've been added to MJ's already motivated brain would've been unreal. Sort of like the 35 1st half points he had in the 1992 finals due to his rivalry with Drexler.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-30-2015, 12:58 AM
That's MJ. He's willing to give you some credit but also hints at the reality that he is above everyone else. Kobe should feel fortunate he didn't have to face MJ on a nightly basis at his best. The amount of motivation that would've been added to MJ's already motivated brain would've been unreal. Sort of like the 35 1st half points he had in the 1992 finals due to his rivalry with Drexler.

With all due respect, Kobe isn't Drexler.

Kobe is on another plateau from Drexler both skillfully and mentally. Jordan would most definitely outplay Bean in a series, but embarrassing him by means of robbing his confidence?

Wouldn't happen.

Kobe is one of the most cerebrally motivated players in history.

ClipperRevival
12-30-2015, 01:12 AM
With all due respect, Kobe isn't Drexler.

Kobe is on another plateau from Drexler both skillfully and mentally. Jordan would most definitely outplay Bean in a series, but embarrassing him by means of robbing his confidence?

Wouldn't happen.

Kobe is one of the most cerebrally motivated players in history.

True. It would've been the GOAT individual matchup in history, even over Wilt/Russell. The two GOAT killers going at it but Kobe would've end up on the short end of most of their matchups.

sundizz
12-30-2015, 01:56 AM
True. It would've been the GOAT individual matchup in history, even over Wilt/Russell. The two GOAT killers going at it but Kobe would've end up on the short end of most of their matchups.

Probably so. NBA's version of Agassi Sampras.