PDA

View Full Version : David Lee's expiring contract

JohnnySic
12-29-2015, 02:58 PM
$15.5 million off the books. What can the Celtics get?

Do teams care about expirers any more, with the salary cap due to increase?

:confusedshrug:

SwishSquared
12-29-2015, 03:05 PM
It's good for salary matching purposes in a trade. The obvious candidate is Boogie. Lee + 1-2 young guys + some of those incoming firsts is a good starting point for any disgruntled players.

ihatetimthomas
12-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Expiring deals have become less and less valuable. Teams are not giving up picks or assets for financial relief, esp with the increased cap. I can't remember the last time a expiring deal netted anything of real value. If you can get a 2ndround pick you jump on it

JohnnySic
12-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Expiring deals have become less and less valuable. Teams are not giving up picks or assets for financial relief, esp with the increased cap. I can't remember the last time a expiring deal netted anything of real value. If you can get a 2ndround pick you jump on it
That's what I figured. Maybe he can be included in some sort of deal, we'll see.

MMM
12-29-2015, 08:19 PM

I think it can be useful if teams what enough space to sign multiple stars

ihatetimthomas
12-29-2015, 08:45 PM
I think it can be useful if teams what enough space to sign multiple stars

But he isn't a star. He is a overpaid role player. And teams with cap are unlikely to be really competing so doesn't make sense to give up anything for him.