PDA

View Full Version : Whos the biggest Backstabber in NBA History?

dubeta
12-29-2015, 04:21 PM
imo its between Carlos Boozer and Kobe

Carlos Boozer: cheated a blind owner by promising to stay, and then leaving in 2004

"Carlos and his agent first approached us in December of 2003, stating his desire for financial security as well as his desire to remain in Cleveland and be a key part of the future of this franchise. He and his agent made it very clear that if we respected them, and provided the security he was looking to gain, he would respect us. Given his record on the court, with the franchise, and in the community, we had every reason to believe his commitment.

Over the course of several months, we had multiple meetings that involved Carlos, his wife and his agent. In our most recent meeting on June 30, Jim Paxson and I told Carlos we had two options. He could play this year on his existing contract and test the market for free agency next year, or we could elect not to exercise the option if we had the understanding with him that as soon as legally possible he would negotiate a contract with us for the maximum we could pay him under league rules.

In the final analysis, I decided to trust Carlos and show him the respect he asked for. He did not show that trust and respect in return. That’s what happened. I wanted you to hear it directly from me. The decision was mine and I take full responsibility. "

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gund_boozer_040714.html

The dude was freaking blind and Boozer still lied to him and ran elsewhere. :facepalm

Kobe: Held two franchises hostage (Charlotte and New Jersey) by threatening he go play in Italy unless they trade him to the Lakers.

How many 17 year olds have the audacity to hold a good-natured owner hostage and threaten to go to Italy just because they don't get the team of their choice. :facepalm

"Joe -- who had played in the NBA and in Italy, where Kobe spent part of his youth -- told the Nets' executives he believed Kobe would develop into a starter as a rookie and into an All-Star during his second season. "As we left that dinner," Nash recalled, "Cal told me, 'Wow, Joe really has unrealistic goals for Kobe.' As it turned out, Joe's goals were pretty realistic."

Over lunch on draft day, Calipari and Nash told one of the Nets' seven owners, Joe Taub, that Bryant would be a Net in eight hours. Taub preferred John Wallace, the Syracuse senior, and worried that a high school kid might ultimately leave for a bigger market and a better team in free agency.

Only Bryant wasn't about to wait years for his liberation. He called Calipari after the coach's lunch with Taub, and Bryant's agent, Arn Tellem, called Nash. Prospect and agent declared they wanted no part of Jersey; Tellem even threatened that his client would play in Italy if the Nets ignored their wishes"

Bryant canceled a workout with the Sacramento Kings, who had the No. 14 pick in the first round in 1996 and declined to work out for the Hornets. His agent, Arn Tellem, also told the Hornets, according to Bass, that Bryant did not want to play in a small market such as Charlotte
This kid wanted the GOAT franchise or else he wouldn't even set foot in the NBA.

He backstabbed two franchises in one draft. Entitled brat.

sd3035
12-29-2015, 04:22 PM
easily Lebitch

Dro
12-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Not sure if this thread is serious..........

imdaman99
12-29-2015, 04:23 PM
https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/decision-gif-5.gif

WayOfWade
12-29-2015, 04:27 PM
Dwyane Wade for the 2014 NBA finals. I don't really believe that but I just think Dubeta will like it

Beastmode88
12-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Thread backfire..

Akrazotile
12-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Amazing how people act like this conversation never took place.

Stephen A: But when they look at Kobe, they say to Kobe in regards to this present state of affairs with the Los Angeles Lakers, he got what he asked for, he wanted it to be his team, he wanted Shaquille O'Neal gone so he could be the man, he could be the show. This is Kobe in a situation that Kobe created for himself. What do you say in response to people who feel that way?

Kobe: Well, not much I can say to them. If that's what they want to say, that's what they gonna say. But I think that I could have went to a team like the Los Angeles Clippers that had a lot more talent, and a cast that -- with Elton Brad, Maggette -- soon get Mobley and Cassell, we could have been -- we probably should be playing right now. I chose to stay here because of the promises that they made in terms of building the team.

SAS: You could have went to Chicago, too.

KB: Could have went to Chicago. They had a cast of extremely talented young players.

LOYALBE :roll:

imdaman99
12-29-2015, 04:41 PM
LOYALBE
"I chose to stay here because of the promises that they made in terms of building the team."

That's pretty damn loyal to me :applause:

Funny how that was the one line in there poster did not bold :roll: Might as well have left it out :roll:

warriorfan
12-29-2015, 04:49 PM
good job op :lol

Lakers Legend#32
12-29-2015, 04:52 PM
Clay Clay Bennett, David Stern, Howard Schultz
Oklahoma Rednecks Stole Our Sonics.

Dro
12-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Amazing how people act like this conversation never took place.

LOYALBE :roll:
I mean, am I missing something? This actually proves Kobe's loyalty:confusedshrug:

el gringos
12-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Yeahp then asshol**

Then George Karl

Derka
12-29-2015, 05:16 PM
David Stern and Clay Bennett orchestrating the heist of the Seattle Supersonics.

Ariza4three
12-29-2015, 05:22 PM

Yup

BlazerRed
12-29-2015, 05:24 PM
Lebaldo

ProfessorMurder
12-29-2015, 05:30 PM
Iguodala selling out the Nuggets to GS, then joining GS is pretty awful.

MP.Trey
12-29-2015, 05:43 PM
LeBron

Hey Yo
12-29-2015, 05:44 PM
I'd say Derrick Fisher comes in 3rd.

Tells Dallas he wants out of his deal so he can spend more time with his family, only to sign with OKC later in the season.

zeerghit
12-29-2015, 05:50 PM
this guy really makes me dislike lebron..

Dro
12-29-2015, 06:21 PM
No Deandre Jordan?

Chokefree
12-29-2015, 06:43 PM

Carlos Boozer: cheated a blind owner by promising to stay, and then leaving in 2004

The dude was freaking blind and Boozer still lied to him and ran elsewhere. :facepalm

Kobe: Held two franchises hostage (Charlotte and New Jersey) by threatening he go play in Italy unless they trade him to the Lakers.

How many 17 year olds have the audacity to hold a good-natured owner hostage and threaten to go to Italy just because they don't get the team of their choice. :facepalm

This kid wanted the GOAT franchise or else he wouldn't even set foot in the NBA.

How are you still able to post here? Mind blown how you havent been PERM banned yet....:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Asukal
12-29-2015, 06:45 PM
This is funny coming from a LeDecisionx2 fan. :rolleyes:

Smoke117
12-29-2015, 06:46 PM
How are you still able to post here? Mind blown how you havent been PERM banned yet....:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Stick your regular account you hobbit.

dubeta
12-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Stick your regular account you hobbit.

:lol

Uncle Drew
12-29-2015, 08:49 PM
As much as I hate Benedict Boozer, it's LeBron by a wide margin.

JohnFreeman
12-29-2015, 08:51 PM
Dwight comes to mind for Orlando and Lakers
Durant coming up this summer

sportjames23
12-29-2015, 08:54 PM

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f6251497804088ae69f3066479a84037/tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

bobopenguin
12-29-2015, 09:01 PM
http://s17.postimg.org/hz78kwmd9/lebald_1.jpg

http://s13.postimg.org/7cet7rfed/lebald_2.jpg

ur answer.

FireDavidKahn
12-29-2015, 09:27 PM

The fact the guy was blind is irrelevant.:facepalm

livingby3's
12-29-2015, 09:47 PM
lol bait thread

SpaceJam
12-29-2015, 10:13 PM
I'd say Derrick Fisher comes in 3rd.

Tells Dallas he wants out of his deal so he can spend more time with his family, only to sign with OKC later in the season.

He did it to Utah as well, asked if he could leave his contract cause his daughter had eye cancer or something and he wanted to move his family so he could get the best treatment for her, so he signed in LA

Which seems fair enough until you realize the best clinic for her was in New York apparently :oldlol:

Also that Mavs signing was just so he could remain president of the NBAPA or something, I will have to find the site I was reading from

So yeah, Derek Fisher is a d^ck :oldlol:

EDIT: http://www.celticslife.com/2013/02/derek-fisher-is-piece-of-shit.html

JohnFreeman
12-29-2015, 10:15 PM
When Kidd signed with the Knicks after agreeing to resign with Dallas

dhsilv
12-29-2015, 10:23 PM
http://img1.rnkr-static.com/user_node_img/43/842271/870/dennis-rodman-basketball-players-photo-u35.jpg

Well if we're talking about wrastling....