PDA

View Full Version : Question for Blazers' Fan

sixer6ad
12-29-2015, 06:26 PM
On Saturday, I drove from Ohio to Florida, and listened to the Cavs/Blazers game on XM. Who is the Blazers radio color commentator? It was a great night for the Blazers; they blew us out and the crowd was into it. Despite all of the good vibes, all the sidekick wanted to do was talk about official Rodney Mott, Delly being over-rated, Lebron crying, Shumpert's hair. It was ridiculous. Nothing about the Blazers' ball movement, penetration, offensive scheme, shot selection, etc - NOTHING basketball related - just everything in an attempt to be comical. Really unprofessional.

Just wondering if that is standard for him. The play by play guy was awesome and so were the Blazers' fans.

TripleA
12-29-2015, 06:31 PM
On Saturday, I drove from Ohio to Florida, and listened to the Cavs/Blazers game on XM. Who is the Blazers radio color commentator? It was a great night for the Blazers; they blew us out and the crowd was into it. Despite all of the good vibes, all the sidekick wanted to do was talk about official Rodney Mott, Delly being over-rated, Lebron crying, Shumpert's hair. It was ridiculous. Nothing about the Blazers' ball movement, penetration, offensive scheme, shot selection, etc - NOTHING basketball related - just everything in an attempt to be comical. Really unprofessional.

Just wondering if that is standard for him. The play by play guy was awesome and so were the Blazers' fans.

Antonio Harvey.
He is pretty terrible. Mike rice the tv color commentator is also terrible.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Really, what team has good local commentators? Lakers and Miami, I think. Knicks or Nets. Can't remember which. Maybe it was both.

Most are shit. Some worse than others like the Cavs and Clippers.

Fudge
12-29-2015, 07:07 PM
OKC's commentators are good.

I can't stand that clown Autism Carr (Cavs color commentator).

RoseCity07
12-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Harvey is a huge fakkit. I never listen to a thing he says the dude shouldn't even be employed by the team.

Dro
12-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Really, what team has good local commentators? Lakers and Miami, I think. Knicks or Nets. Can't remember which. Maybe it was both.

Most are shit. Some worse than others like the Cavs and Clippers.
Pacers, Quinn Buckner and Mark Boyle. Quinn is very honest about the Pacers performance during the game. If guys need to be called out, he calls him out. If a foul is really a foul, Quinn will call it as such.

But honestly, a lot of these dudes suck because they're not qualified for the job. They just got it by association, being former players, etc....